[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In hindsight, is Kevin Durant officially a bigger piece of shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 17
File: 1324677736177.jpg (57 KB, 485x384) Image search: [Google]
1324677736177.jpg
57 KB, 485x384
In hindsight, is Kevin Durant officially a bigger piece of shit for leaving to GSW than Lebron leaving to the Heat?
>>
>>69248633
Why do you even ask?
Of course he is.
>>
This is much, much worse
>>
>>69248671
>>69248681
But Lebron/Wade/Bosh all in their primes is far more dominating than this jump shooting big 3 can eve be?
>>
For the move itself, he is way more of a POS than LeBron. However, LeBron did this retarded show for his move and that was classless.

KD is a beta bitch though. Be leading the series, lose to the team and then join them for the next season. What a cuck
>>
LeBro left to let the Cavs tank but keep his legacy. Mother fucker came back like a boss and shotted on those light skin faggots from the bay. KD aint never going to step foot in. Oklahoma again unless that 17 year old hooker he likes sends him a message on Facebook about being pregnant.
>>
It's not even close, LeBron was 100x worse. He left his hometown team after 1 finals loss and then had a fucking ESPN special where he predicted 5 rings/
>>
No, because there's literally no reason he needs to stay in the shithole of OKC. Is that his hometown or something?
>>
>>69248714
Nope. This warriors team is the greatest of all time already
>>
Lebron leaving was a surprise to everyone, and he leaves them after saying they're going to win a ring.

At least in Durant's case, we saw this coming at the start of the season. It's not like this shit was a suprise, it was talked about at the very start of the season.
>>
I hope the Warriors get dumpstered by the Spurs, and I hate the Spurs so much
>>
If the Warriors ever do a "Welcome Party" and Durant promises more than 7 titles, sure
>>
>>69248714
Heat was nothing before lebron went there. The Warriors was the all time great 73-9 team.

Kill yourself retard
>>
>>69248778
>hating the team that plays the most beautiful basketball in the league

why
>>
>>69248727
KD is producing a documentary about himself and this whole offseason.

Not as bad as live presser
But still
>>
>>69248756
>>69248801
Regular season means nothing though

They didnt even win it in the end LMAO

Heat big 3>this meme big 3
>>
>>69248727
>classes
A charity event for the local hood YMCA?
>>
>>69248633

Yes. With zero doubt

KD had

>elite team
>elite coach
>lost trip to NBA finals by 3 straight 4th quarter chokes by himself
>joins a team that is unchanged since winning the title and JUST FUCKING BEAT YOU IN THE CONFERENCE FINALS
>might not be the best player on the team

literally none of those things were true for lebron. fuck KD
>>
>>69248840
Memechuck is not beautiful basketball

Fuck off
>>
Lebron left poorly. He should've informed his teammates/coach/GM/owner before he went on air.

That being said, Lebron left a team with nobody but himself on it and joined a superstar and Bosh. Miami before the Big 3 was like a top 15 team. Durant left after blowing a 3-1 lead against the new single season record holder and previous year NBA champions in the WCF. The Warriors are easily one of the top 2 teams in the NBA without Durant.

This is literally the biggest bitch move in sports history. You leave a NBA Championship contender to join the team that beat down 1-3 in the WCF and the previous year NBA champs.

B I T C H M O V E
>>
>>69248873
>>69248863
this. Durant's move is way worse than LeBron's in almost every way. the only things LeBron still did worse than Durant are: leaving his home state, and making it into a big televised fiasco. aside from that, Durant's decision is 1000x worse than LeBrons
>>
Obviously, since he called Lebron a piece of shit for doing it.
Plus Lebron at least generated a million dollars out of literally nothing to give to needy kids, while Durant just threw a letter out of the plane on its way to california
>>
>>69248864
>spurs are memechuck

LOL
>>
>>69249051
Oh I thought you meant the >Warriors

My bad
>>
>>69249076
No prob. I hate the memerriors. There were games in the playoffs last year where like half of their shot attempts were threes. I want Draymond to come back home and be a Piston for real.
>>
Biggest bitch move in the history of sports.
>>
>>69248633
Nah, LBJ was born and raised in Ohio. He was then drafted by Cleveland. He turned his back on his hometown and the town that drafted him on live TV.

OKC is neither the city that KD grew up in nor is it the city that he came into the league with.
>>
>>69248633
>>69248681
nah, he didn't go to television to announce it like a douche
>>
If the Warriors has won back to back championships and KD joined them it would have been worse, but they lost.
>>
welp there goes the next 5 years of playoff competitiveness
>>
Westbrook is going to go join the Spurs next season out of spite now.
>>
Lebron left a team where he was surrounded by people who wouldn't even be 6th or 7th men on decent teams
KD left a team that is in championship contention

Lebron was being realistic and not letting his prime go to waste, kd is being a little baby back bitch
>>
>>69248736
Fuck off with this. Why the fuck does everyone think Lebron was obligated to stay just because he was a hometown draft. The organization didn't surround him with an ounce of talent. No other all time greats would have carried those Cavs teams to rings. Lebron is a grown man, he can do what the fuck he wants. God forbid the guy doesn't want to stay 20 years on dogshit teams when he's clearly the caliber of player who can win rings with just a little help.

Also, The Decision was a poor move but you faggots forget it raised a shit ton of charity money.
>>
>>69248633
>mfw legod repeats for da land
>>
>>69250320

He joins the Cavs
>>
>>69250331
So why does Durant have some allegiance owed to okc? All they did was draft him, it wasn't like he lived in Oklahoma. Ever. Before. For years. As a child. Like Lebron James and Ohio
>>
>>69248714
false
>>
>>69250411
>The Cavs paying more than three good players when they already have enough passable guards
Kk muchacho
>>
>>69250485
https://twitter.com/KnicksMemes/status/749991682742034436/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He's a quitter quitting on his team, the one he leads, because things are just too tough :(
>>
>>69250293
I WISH you faggots would think before posting.

Bogut is gone. Ezeli is gone. Barnes is gone. That leaves a roster of Curry, Thompson, Green, Iggy, Livingston, Barbosa, and now Durant.

Green and Thompson are tied up for the next 4-5 years. Curry, Iggy, and Livingston will be FAs next year. Durant has a player option, so he can leave next year as well if he so chooses. Curry will get a max deal. There's no way he doesn't. This means that the Warriors will choose to dish Iggy and Livingston or they'll go high, high, HIGH into the red to keep everyone.

The Warriors have done nothing but assured that they have their core 3 players; Green, Thompson, and Curry. The Warriors simply can't afford Durant after the end of this season without losing their depth, which is what has made them so damn good. So, either the Warriors continue being a team based on depth or they lose all of that depth to try to have the best starting 5 in the NBA.

FURTHERMORE, the Warriors have literally zero(000000000000) inside presence. They have no post game and they have no rim protection without Bogut. I think this was a bad, bad, BAD deal for the Warriors. They might have gotten a single championship out of it but they've now gone from the team to beat in the 16/17 season to not even guaranteed to reach the Finals in the 17/18 season.
>>
>>69250485
because okc was a conteder for a title and he ripped that away from them. vs lebron who gave the cavs their ring
>>
>>69250539
>bad decision
youre literally retarded
>>
>>69250485
Being born somewhere doesn't fucking mean you owe them anything. I was born in fucking Alabama, does that mean I should live in Alabama for the rest of my life? Fuck no and fuck you. If you're part of a TEAM, and you're one of the LEADERS, then you don't quit on your team to join the other team that beat you.

No one gives a shit about Durant leaving OKC other than OKC fans. Everyone is giving him shit because he's a bitch ass ring chaser going to the team that just beat him down 1-3. It's basically the equivalent of him leaving OKC and joining the Heat after the Heat swept them in 5 in 2012. It's a fucking pathetic, cowardly move.
>>
>>69248756
>73-9 no ring
>got a ring from beating injury ridden teams
>goat

o i am laffin
>>
File: 1449984062219.gif (549 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1449984062219.gif
549 KB, 360x359
Just when you think the plot to Space Jam 2 was set in stone, this happens

The league just keeps throwing stronger teams at Lebron like its dragonball z
>>
>>69250582
Enjoy watching the Cavs drive on your ass all fucking day in the 16/17 Finals bro. I don't think the Cavs will win that series without picking up another piece or two along the way but that'll be the last time the Warriors are relevant. You're gonna have 4 members on the same team wanting max deal contracts and that shit ain't gonna fly.
>>
It's equal desu

/sp/ will try to say it's worse because they hate Curry more than Lebron
>>
>>69250485
I didn't say anything about KD in my post you quoted. Do you have a brain in your fucking head?
>>
Lebron went to a 44 win Heat team with Wade and an unproven Chris Bosh. Literally nothing else though. That team was built from scratch. He also spent 7 years in Cleveland with the likes of Mo Williams. Durant left Godbrook and the Thunder to go to the 73 win Warriors, with the 2 time reigning unanimous MVP, another all time great shooter, back to back defensive player of the year runner up and walking triple double Draymond Green, incredible bench player 15' fmvp Iggy, and coach of the year. To make matters worse Durant's bitch ass just choked away a 3-1 series lead against this team a fucking month ago. It doesn't get more cucked than this.
>>
>>69250657
This has nothing to do with Curry you sub-human ape. Monkeys shouldn't have access to computers. Brazilian piece of shit.
>>
>>69250647
my ass? lol im not a warriors fan. im laughing at the fact you think signing a top 5 player is a bad idea in any aspect. they signed him. not traded. they sacrificed money not talent. have you ever even watched a game of basketball in your life?
>>
KD joins the team with the BEST record in NBA History, who has beaten him in the WCF finals with beating up 3-1
Miami came from a 40-Win season... So this is not comparable... Additionally KD still had the chance with OKC to win a title... Lebron wouldn't get so far with his Cavs roster back then...
>>
>be lebron
>carry team to finals
>get miserably swept
>have rich owner
>abysimal FO
>fail to surround Lebron with at least 1 decent guy
>bron realizes he will never ever win a ring and become Barkley 2.0 this way
>Miami and Pat Riley, serial winner, offer you a contract
>get to play with 2 stars and a competent coach/franchise

>be KD
>have competent coach/franchise
>play with another top 5 player in the league
>have good pieces as team
>almost beat GSW in wcf 3-1 up
>choke because you yourslef cant seem to hit your shots anymore
>officially second best contender for a finals spot with a young and inexperienced team that is now more experienced
>leave anyway
>join GSW the team you already pounded up until 3-1 score

Durant is just scared he might not win a ring in his career and decides to guarantee one this way. It's smart but also shows extremely weak character. You think Wilt chamberlain didnt want to join the celtics and win 15 rings in 15 years? But he didn't. Because he ain't soft. Durant is a soft beta male for joining the warriors. At least lebron and Bosh joining Miami was a project that had to be created and implemented. KD Joining GSW is just adding another cannon on a ship with 3 cannons. It's blatant gaming of the system.
>>
>>69250710
Calling people is retarded. The only people that do so are the, ironically enough, retarded. I like your counter-argument though. I never once said that the Warriors are gonna be shit next year. I said that they're gonna have MAJOR roster issues if they attempt to keep both Curry and Durant, which is true. Look at the cap space and look which Warrior team members are coming off of their contracts next year. 2 key pieces, one of which will take a maximum contract to retain.

Do you know how numbers work? I don't think you do. Warriors are a lock for the 16/17 season trophy but they could easily lose all of their depth if they attempt to keep Durant, which is factual and not an opinion. Go back to school and learn how to do remedial math, please.
>>
>>69250331
>father of 3 kids and a man
>>
>>69250070
Fun fact: of the $6 million that The Decision brought in in ad revenues, $2.5 million was donated to the Boys and Girls Club of America
>>
Yes because whatever East team LeBron chooses to join is a Finals team
>>
>>69250411
Bro he is going to the Lakers.
>>
>>69250811
except that the cap goes up every year and some players might not take max if it means a dynasty. look at the heatles. so ya youre retarded
>>
Its just the logical conclusion of the same thing Lebron did. Fuck competition, gurantee rings. Its the same dumb shit that ruins the NBA. And faggots ITT will defend Lebron
>>
>>69248633
This is 100x worse. KD is bitching out and going to a team he choked 3-1 to. Unlike LeBron, he's going to an established champion and a record-breaking team. The Heat weren't shit but D-Wade and some scrubs before LeBron got there. This is way way worse.

If LeBron repeats this year and beats the Warriors again, he will be hailed as the greatest of all time.
>>
>>69251094
its not the same tho. lebron left a shitty team and took less than max to go to a 40 win team. durants going to the winningest team of all time and abandoning a team 1 game away from the finals
>>
>>69248850
He could have donated that money without the stupid tv show.
>>
Westbrook is going to be traded to the Knicks in the next 24 hours.

Source: My mom has sex with a TON of black guys and two of them agreed that was gonna happen.
>>
>>69248633
Obviously.

The Cavs always had a shit supporting cast, and finished last in the East the year after Lebron left (they only lost Lebron, old ass Shaq and old ass Ilgauskas, rest of the team was virtually unchanged). Lebron was the difference between the number 1 seed and the number 1 pick in the draft.

OKC meanwhile had a pretty legit supporting cast and one of the best teams in the NFL already. They had another top 5 player and they could've even got Horford if Durant wasn't so keen on leaving. Fuck I don't know, I might take Westbrook / Oladipo / Durant / Adams / Horford over Curry / Thompson / Durant / Iggy / Green. The Warriors are looking undersized right now and the Cavs bullied them in the last 3 games after they lost Bogut.

Then there's obviously the fact that the Thunder were 3-1 up on the Warriors in the WCF and if Durant hadn't choked in game 6 and 7 they would've been in the Finals. Oh and the Warriors were 73-9 and seen as one of the best teams of all time, until they choked the title away themselves. Lebron teamed up with Bosh and Wade in a 40 something win team that was built from scratch and had a coach with barely any playoff experience.

Lebron is still kind of a bitch for leaving, especially for leaving like he did, but he wasn't winning a ship in Cleveland. He was dragging a completely average team to the playoffs year after year, and getting blown the fuck out by actual teams like the Celtics or Spurs. In his first 7 years in CLE his best teammate was Mo Williams. He never had a star teammate, much less a young star teammate, like Westbrook. If somehow the Cavs had drafted a dude like CP3 or Dwight he would've won ships in CLE and he would've never left.

Lebron left because he was in a terrible organization which made shit trades and drafted like shit for 7 years. Durant left because he was in a great organization that drafted well and made nice trades, but he still couldn't win.
>>
>>69251094
You're completely right. When you get down to it it's the same thing. They value rings more than doing the honorable thing. We shouldn't be surprised since they're niggers.
>>
>>69250485
He has an allegaince to OKC because he helped Westbrook iso-ball OKC out of a NBA Finals
>>
>>69250637
LeBron will beat them all (in Super, I don't actually want Goku to be the hero of this new arc though)
>>
Could some one explain what's the big deal? This sort of thing happens in soccer all the time.

Bale leaving Tottenham, Suarez leaving Liverpool, everybody leaving Arsenal etc.
>>
>>69251223
Also, this wouldn't be happening if Durant went to the Celtics for example. I think people would even be excited to see another contender in the East with Durant and Horford in the Cs
>>
>>69248633
YES. He the biggest pussy the league has ever seen. Who joins the team that just beat you. You were 1 game away from beating them if only you didn't shoot 9-31
>>
>>69251372
Because everyone already knows soccer players are uncompetitive pussies
>>
File: $_1ed.jpg (117 KB, 546x628) Image search: [Google]
$_1ed.jpg
117 KB, 546x628
>>69248633
Reminder that Lebrown Jakes had sex with the wife of the British prince
>>
File: worried.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
>Entire franchise destroyed in one day

Thunder are FUCKED. Westbrook is gone for sure next season, so they'll need to trade him this season or let him walk for free.
>>
>>69250539
Are you fucking retarded man

With Curry/Thompson/Durant/Green/Igoudala/Livingston they don't NEED a bench. You could fill the rest of the team with the Sixers bench or d-leaguers and they'd still win a 70+ games.
>>
>>69250320
SIXERS
I
X
E
R
S
>>
>>69248773

Are you 13 or something? We knew the entire season about LeBron's "DECISION" too, numbnuts.
>>
>>69248863
>>69248979

Agreed.
>>
>>69250603

OKC was UP 3-1, dumbass.

KD choked the next 3 games.
>>
Man- this is the worst ring chase ever. Fuck this choking piece of shit.
>>
Total weaksauce move. but I blame lebron for making it cool to bail on your team.
>>
>>69248850
>donate to charity
>free pass to pull a dick move by dangling fans for an hour and then dumping them live on national television
>>
>>69250833
Were the fuck did the other $3.5mil go?
>>
>>69248633
nope
>>
>>69252840
Probably to ESPN
>>
HTat's a good question. I think THe Decision is the lowest moment in modern sport though. People who didn't even follow the NBA felt greasy just for having been aware of it. Not necessarily that LBJ left Cleveland, but how he did so.

I happened to be in Miami at the time and the bandwagoning was utterly shameless.
>>
>>69248633
>LeBron has a nationally televised event to announce he's leaving Cleveland, his home state
>Durant writes an article for a sports website to announce he's leaving a team not from his home state

Only people who didn't follow basketball in 2010 will think Durant leaving is worse.
>>
>>69248633
LeBron left and helped build a team to win.

KD jumped ship for a team that already has championship chemistry.
>>
Lebron's cavs were a trash team when he left them. With the Oladipo signing and the emergence of Steven Adams, OKC could've been a serious title threat with KD. Fuck Kevin Durant.
>>
At least you could understand LeBron wanting to leave CLE and in hindsight it was for the best as they got a bunch of #1 picks that they were able to turn into a championship-winning supporting cast when LeBron came back. CLE just didn't have the players to win when James left.

OKC was probably the only team in the league that caused matchup problems for GSW and they just traded one of their core guys for a defense SG specifically to matchup against Curry and GSW.

KD was the #1 option on his team and people roasted RW when he didn't defer to KD. The whole team was his and he just threw it all away.

KD fucked OKC way harder than LeBron did CLE
>>
>americucks
>talking about loyalty when they support fucking FRANCHISES

friendly reminder the only loyalty KD owes anyone is seattle for drafting him
>>
>>69253242
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Durant is worse.
>>
>>69248801
"all time great 73-9"
all wasted at the end
hehe
>>
>>69251372

this is more like when rvp left for man u, its a blatant championship grab. bayol and suarez actually made their teams title contenders, plus they didn't leave to direct competition like durant did
>>
>>69254178
You just stated an absolute.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 640x840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 640x840
WAAAY worse imo, This is like if Lebron joined kobe after lakers went back2back .. At least Lebron joined a Heat team thats wasnt really relevant at the time for a few seasons.
>>
>>69257945
Also lebron didnt leave a team with another top 5 player.
>>
>>69248633
Of course. He had a readymade championship caliber team and left when Lebron had a team of literal nobodies. Hell, at one point he even had the fat corpse of Shaq

Durant's move is way worse. His ring would have 5 asterisks
>>
>>69258005
fak u nerd. big Z was GOAT
>>
If lebron & cavs beat the warriors in the finals.. Lebron will be top 2, he just cracked my top 5 a few weeks ago lol
>>
>>69248633
KD literally bandwagoned a bandwagon team. Joined a team that was already winning so he can sit and amass rings like Robert Horry
>>
KD's leaving was worse, but Lebron's went about his in a much more obnoxious/worse way
>>
>>69257841
Noooo
>>
>>69258204
Lebron did donate all the money from "The Decision" to charity tbf, that's why it was hosted at the Boys & Girls Club of Cleveland.
>>
>>69248633

No. Lebron will always be the bigger bitch, because he did that shit to his hometown and was arrogant enough to have a TV special about it.

In hindsight, Cavs shiteaters try to handwave it because they finally got a ring thanks to Love, Kyrie, JR and Thompson their parts, but it doesn't erase the fact that he ran to Miami to win two rings, because it was 'what felt right'.

To shit on KD for chasing rings, while trying to give Lebron a pass for doing the exact same thing is almost as stupid as believing players should be loyal to a team that's not only their hometown, when realistically no one gives a shit about basketball players other than how many rings they got.

The only people who go through the mental gymnastics of downplaying the importance of winning actual championships over being the media darling or being loyal to the fans are fans of shitty players/teams/management/coaching who didn't make it, so they can justify being shit.
>>
>>69260802
This is what retards actually believe
>>
>>69248633
No, Lebron left after 7 years in Cleveland, Durant after 9.
>>
>>69258474
less than half. 2.5mil to BnG club
>>
Durant doesn't owe okc a fucking thing, but leaving to join a team that will likely be in the finals again next year and win without you is while having wrecked you is a bitch move
He could've joined any other team
>>
It's close, but LeBeta takes the Douchebag Award for hosting his abandonment of Cleveland on national television.
>>
>>69248633
The way Lebron did it on live tv like that and all the parades/fanfare. That fucking stadium hype show with Wade and Bosh make Lebron a bigger piece of shit.

KD is easily running to the far more loaded team though and deserves all the criticism he's going to get. If he decides to ham it up like he's the bad guy like Lebron at that time and participates in all the early gloating then the hugest piece of shit award goes to KD.
>>
>>69248633
durant got fucked so hard by the warriors that he liked it and wants to be their servant and take care of their loads
>>
>>69248633
nah, LeBrons was worse still.

both were bitchnigga moves, running away and joining a meme team where they weren't the alpha dog.
but at least KD didn't host a show on ESPN where he tore a city's heart out on live TV, that was the coldest shit I've ever seen in sports.
>>
>>69261140
>That fucking stadium hype show

The massive amounts of butthurt over that was hilarious.
>>
>>69260859
That guy is clearly smarter than you
>>
Lebron's the bigger asshole but Durant's the bigger pussy

Lebron didn't have shit in Cleveland but it was his hometown and he made that douchebag special and had that douchebag entrance with the Heat

The Thunder were razor sharp close to beating the Warriors and barring refball against the Cavs would've won the title and possibly begun their own dynasty, but Durant just jumped ship like a bitch, he had a great setup and just acted like a spoiled brat
>>
is KD going to the warriors like Tom Brady going to the Seahawks?
>>
>>69261140
>hating the hype show

this is so fucking stupid to do that. That was done only on local feed and E!spn was the one who put it on national tv for everyone to see. You shouldnt be blaming lebron for doing that but E!spn for continuing the narrative.

Did you like what he did in clevaland when he came back? he did the same thing but espn never picked it up. people just hate the city of miami because of the false storyline that they are a rich city who only care about superficial things.

>>69248633
both should not be given the tag of bad person for using their power to win rings. They both did things that people want from their super star. both are favoring team over themselve not like stars like melo who chose money over winning. but at least melo is not fake like durant who was making fun of lebron and the big three. then did the same thing this time with the warriors.
>>
>>69261260
no, because Brady has championships already.
this is like...Cam Newton going to the Seahawks
>>
>>69248633
Lebron was way worse

Get drafted to home-town team, promise to take them all the way, and quit out when he couldn't get it done. Has the audacity to televise his decision to leave, but insisted that he still cared about and loved Cleveland despite leaving. Then Cleveland just lets him stroll back in and accepts him despite all of the hatred they spewed towards him. It was pathetic.
>>
>>69260859
a simple reply from a simple mind
>>
>>69261300

ok ty
>>
>>69250323
KD was never going to win a finals with Oklahoma. "Contender" my ass. KD already wasted most of his prime with Oklahoma, this is his last shot to be a pivotal member of an elite championship-caliber team
>>
>>69261261
Cleveland being hyped their lost son came back is way different trip fag.
>>
>>69248633
Definitely. Lebron left a team he had literally carried on his shoulders for 7 years to an unproven team because he wanted to play with his friends. Yeah, he was making a superteam along the way, but nothing was for certain and it might have gone like the D12 Lakers, but he took a massive pay cut for an opportunity. He did it in a really shitty way and abandoned his hometown but Cleveland never gave him any help so can you really blame him for wanting out?

Durant, on the other hand, is coming from a perennial playoff team that routinely goes really far in the playoffs, he had a legit superstar backing him up and other big names, OKC gave Durant everything he could've wanted, and he still choked it all away, so what does he do? He goes and joins the winningest team in NBA history, the team that embarrassed him not even one month ago, so he can play third option? I've never even heard of something approaching those levels of bitchness, especially after that awful WCF performance. Did anyone ever think we would live to see a time when it was Durant holding Westbrook back and not the other way around?

-t. Miami fan who hates Lebron and is still salty about the way he left
>>
>>69261385
>He goes and joins the winningest team in NBA history, the team that embarrassed him not even one month ago, so he can play third option?
plus he didn't take a pay cut so that the team had a few bucks to spend on players 7-12, he's taking the max so they go from being a depth team, to a "I hope these 6 players worth a shit never get hurt"
>>
>>69261261
IMO it's not entirely untrue, what people say about Miami. It's a fairweather city with really shitty and rude people. The government is pretty openly corrupt too which is easy to criticize. Hell I have a friend whose dad owns a large company based in Miami, he tells me about all the illegal shit they do to have laws work for them.

>>69261300
A more accurate comparison in the NFL would hypothetically be Megatron 4 years ago deciding to join the Patriots, or Larry Fitzgerald/Julio Jones joining the Panthers this year.
>>
>>69261350

But anon he was a member of a championship caliber team. Its was 3-1.

48 minutes seperating you from The Finals.

He just choked
>>
>>69261484
OKC wasn't beating Cleveland tbqh.

They've never been worthy of winning a championship. They're on the cusp, just on the outside looking in. KD knew this. Even if it was due to him choking, they just straight up weren't good enough.
>>
>>69261300
except nig newton is a bigger choke artist than the warriors themselves and wouldn't be an upgrade over the seahawks current starter
>>
>>69261350
If you don't think that the WCF thunder lineup was a championship contender you are delusional

Do you really believe this or are you just a pinoy fanboy on the memer bandwagon?
>>
File: 1nyFEUu.jpg (118 KB, 1115x748) Image search: [Google]
1nyFEUu.jpg
118 KB, 1115x748
Does anyone else see the irony that Lelbron is now the best possible force at stopping a superstar team from winning a title?
>>
>>69261261
I was at the LeBron's return hype show in Akron. It was an hour full of cool shit that his foundation does, followed by five minutes of "this is home and I am so glad to be back, I love the community." Nothing special or crazy just pretty much a showcase for his foundation.

However, you're right in that ehSPN overplayed the hype show that was clearly for the fans of Miami.
>>
>>69261555
I've never considered them a real contender, even when they went to the championship against the heat.

There was just something about their team that screamed "not quite good enough" to me. Maybe it was the difficulty of marketing them. Maybe it was just that the players didn't seem to be entirely elite like all the other champions while KD has been there. IDK, I've jsut never seen them as anything more than runner-ups.
>>
>>69249031
>>69249031
people do always seem to forget that the decision profits were at least given to charity, yes it was a bitch move but at least some niglet's had food on their table after.
>>
>>69248727
his nickname is the servant, don't know why anyone expected him not to be a beta bitch.
>>
>>69260938
all the money that didn't go to ESPN went to charity.
>>
with KD joining the warriors did the chances of this happening increase at all?
>>
>>69248633
Yes. Not even a choklahoma fan
>>
>>69261527
lol this delusion. RW3 is a manlet. deal with it.
>>
>>69248633
Absolutely, Durant didn't even have the decency to look the fans in the eye or teammates in the eye. He quit on his team in the WCF and he quit on them forever. And he basically wrote them a dear john letter. He's a coward.
>>
>>69253242
LEBRON'S EVENT WAS FOR CHARITY
>>
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.

Therefore, Durant did the right thing.
>>
>>69248633
doesn't make him a piece of shit imo, but this is a far more extreme version of the same thing lebron did. This was a pre-existing superteam that was 1 minute from repeating.

moreover, they now have a "big 4" and their 5th wheel is iguodala
>>
>>69248633
Lebron throughout his career has played in Eastern Conference which throught his career has absolutely 0 parity of good teams. Lebron effectively left a team that would have been good to go to a team that would be one of only 2 competitive teams in that conference.

Unlike the Cavs during The Decision, the Thunder will still be good without Eurant because unlike the cavs they have a superstar left on the team to build around.

Durant going to GSW is in no way near as shitty as Lebron going to Miami
>>
>>69266311
the big 3 celtics m8

you're an idiot.
>>
>>69266360
That was before the decision dude and by that time lebron went to miami they were turning into ass
>>
>>69266249
So you're saying he recognized that he's a mentally weak choking piece of shit and that he needs to be completely carried

Yeah what a decision no wonder it was hard for him
>>
>>69248633

nope, Lebron will always be worse for one reason:

He called himself the Chosen One, tattooed it on his body even, claiming he was the best to play all time, and then ran for help.

I don't care if players go to better teams. Good for them. But when you call yourself the best and then run to more superstars and then run away again to the highest payroll team in NBA history, you're a POS.

Weak by KD, maybe. But he never claimed he was the Chosen One of basketball.
>>
Literally cucked to by the warriors in the wcf
If okc wins and goes to finals guarantee he stays
He literally cucked okc and atleast Lebron didn't do it to a team that cucked them out of the finals
>>
>>69266360
lol, that team's last good year was 2010. After that point, they still beat Lebron to the point where he quit on his team and caused him to run away.
>>
>>69267431
Lebron was told he was the chosen one he was literally told by everyone, the media
His coaches his family
He took that and ran with it and look what he just did
If coming back from a 3-1 deficit in the finals to win doesn't mean you are the greatest
Then just mill yourself
>>
>>69248633
No. No because Kevin Durant isn't a piece of shit while LeBron James is. Durant carries his team while Lebron takes credit for everyone else. He left for a superstar team and came back to one. Durant was the team.
>>
>>69267469
Other people have been told the same thing, and yet they humbly perform.

Meanwhile, he was on the highest payroll team in the history of the NBA, took the easiest path to through the post season and STILL nearly lost despite Irving playing out of his mind and GSW not having its best player for a game.

But according to you, because he says he is the best he must be the best, and because he says so that justifies him saying he is better than anyone to ever play, despite needing the most stacked teams in the league to win.
>>
>>69267469
>If coming back from a 3-1 deficit in the finals to win doesn't mean you are the greatest
>Then just mill yourself

you're right. True greats wouldn't allow themselves to get in such a big hole.
>>
>>69267469
>everybody tells you you are the chosen
>letting your ego get this easily influenced
casual as fuck lelbron.
>>
>>69248633
It wasn't Durant's hometown and the entire fucking state didn't offer to collectively suck his dick if he'll stay. LeBron was way way worse.
>>
Lmao lebron's the biggest piece of shit in sports. If you guys hate on KD for wanting to play with a team that actually gives a fuck about winning that's OK. Just don't compare him to lebron since lebron's a fucking crybaby loser who can't take his team to the finals every year on his own. Abandoning your city is an utter disgrace, and being such a bitch about it along the way is even worse.
>>
>>69251564

>With Kobe/Nash/Howard/Gasol/Artest they don't NEED a bench
>>
>Someone is a piece of shit for moving to a team with a better chance of winning

This meme needs to end.
>>
>>69269494
in fairness, Howard played like a bitch and Nash didn't play at all.

Those two contracts absolutely wrekt the Lakers to this day.
>>
File: 1446492733555.gif (656 KB, 250x205) Image search: [Google]
1446492733555.gif
656 KB, 250x205
>>69269447
>who can't take his team to the finals every year on his own
is this bait or are you genuinely retarded? hes going on 7 straight finals appearances
>>
>>69269833
Someone else. His team carries him
>>
If you hated Lebron for ditching the Cavs, you should hate KD now

If you defended Lebron at the time, you should defend KD now
>>
File: lel.jpg (65 KB, 641x502) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
65 KB, 641x502
>>69269938
>only player to ever lead his team in all 5 stats over a postseason series, ever
>does it in the finals, in a comeback from 3-1 vs the all time regular season winningest team ever and reigning champs

>His team carries him
lelbron does it all m8
>>
>>69270010
Rebounds don't count he pushed his teammates out of the way and they weren't contested.
The only thing I remember him doing was watch Kyrie hit the clutch 3 and then him missing clutch free throws. Kyrie the real Mvp
>>
File: 1403038997958.jpg (133 KB, 776x678) Image search: [Google]
1403038997958.jpg
133 KB, 776x678
>>69269938
Kek holy shit you're actually retarded, I'm so sorry. When LeBron joined the Heat in 2010, they hadn't been to the finals since 2006. They went to the finals for all four years that LeBron played for them, four straight finals appearances. When he left them, they didn't even make the fucking playoffs. They went from a finals team to not even a playoffs team after losing LeBron. I'm surprised a retard can even use a computer.
>>
KD didn't have an ESPN special announcing it

KD didn't leave his home town/region where he was a sports god

KD stayed for almost 10 years

Blame OKC for not trying to get anyone else to help
>>
>>69270096
>has a top 5 player playing alongside him
>WTF WHY DIDNT OKC HELP HIM MORE XDDDDDD

Durant cucks are pathetic.
>>
>>69270096
>Russel Westbrook
>Steven Adams
>They got Waiters

OKC was up 3-1 in the WCF. Then Durant choked away the lead just like Curry choked away his 3-1 lead. Then, instead of GETTING FUCKING BETTER, Durant runs to the Warriors with his tail between his leg to guarantee a ring.

Durant is a BITCH NIGGA and he deserves to be a perennial loser.
>>
>>69270096
>Ibaka, Westgod isnt enough help

LeBron in 2008 probably needed at least 1 of them to get past Celtics and probably tore Kobe's asshole in the Finals as he always does during the regular season meetings
>>
>>69270096
>Blame OKC for not trying to get anyone else to help
They have one of the best rosters in the league. Durant and Westbrook are the problems, they single-handedly lost the Thunder that series against the Warriors. The rest of the roster is perfect, you can't possibly get those 2 any more help. Durant is an eternal choker, it's not OKC's fault.
>>
>>69270096
He had RUSSELL FUCKING WESTBROOK on his team, that's better help than nearly every other star has had in the last decade. That's like Kobe bitching that he "only" had Shaq.
>>
>>69248633
Nope
>>
If people can't understand that LJ left his hometown after they begged him to stay and needed nba to rig drafts for cleveland when he came back vs a guy that made his team a great team to leave for another they maybe u shouldn't even watch basketball
>>
>>69270153
Lebron cucks are worse, how soon we forget the years of suffering Cleaveland endured while he left to go win championships. Then he comes back and he's hailed like the fucking messiah returned
>>
File: image.png (218 KB, 506x513) Image search: [Google]
image.png
218 KB, 506x513
Durant would have stayed if the team was still in Seattle
>>
>>69270298
he broke the Cleveland curse and brought them their first title in half a century. he could have launched a nuclear bomb at the city of Cleveland prior to that, and they would still forgive him. people who have never lived in a terrible sports city dont understand the significance of what he did
>>
>>69270298

>4 years of suffering
>him coming back and winning 1 makes up for 50+ years of suffering
>fourpeat on the way

sounds like a messiah to me
>>
>>69270276
If people can't understand that KD left his team and fans after they begged him to stay and needed to join the #2 team that beat them in the WCF (and beat the single season win record and won a ring the previous championship) vs a guy that left his perennial loser team that wouldn't give him any help for a 40 win team after which he won them 2 rings and then went back, even though people hated him, and then won them a ring then maybe u shouldn't even watch basketball
>>
>>69270391
Try harder kyrie never left he's the real hero Cleveland had. Lebron James has never done anything by himself or with original teammates. Westbrook and kd made thunder great. Lebron just jumped on the greatness wherever he went. Cleveland is his home town and he left them because he knows he's not great enough to do it himself which he seems to make it out that way with all the help in the world. KD>LeBron
I just can't wait for LJ to get cucked for the rest of his career by GS and KD
>>
>>69270356
>>69270375

>we suck so bad lebron pls stay

'No'

>f-f-fine I'm gonna burn your jersey

'Lel check out all these dope rings I got in Miami'

>y-y-you needed other superstars to win those they don't even count, you could never do that in Cleaveland

'Alright I'll come back and win but only to satisfy my own ego and you Midwestern hicks won't know that. I'll just say I'm doing it for da land'

>omg yes lebron loves us again and now we're champions and he cares so much about us

'yeah this is dope, everyone loves me, I guess I'll play basketball here but on weeks off I'll go to my real home in Miami where the weather isn't shit and hot chicks are everywhere'

>Durant left OKC what a bitch nigger lebron would never do such a thing, I'm gonna go jerk off to my half burnt lebron jersey and wipe the jizz off with my new lebron jersey before I throw it in the wash
>>
>>69270466
Kyrie never left. Durant did. Lebron never had a teammate as good as Westbrook on any of his teams. Durant did. Lebron left Miami after winning 2 rings for a lottery team. Durant left a championship caliber team for an even better team with even more all-stars and the 2x NBA MVP that won a championship in the past 2 years. Irving never lead the Cavs to the playoffs, but as soon as LBJ comes back they're in the Finals. Durant can't even close out a series up 3-1. LBJ closed out a series DOWN 1-3.

LBJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durant.

Durant is unclutch. Durant is mentally weak. If the Warriors don't win a ring in the next 2 season, Durant will NEVER win a ring. He will be Karl Malone version 2.0.
>>
>>69248633
About same
>>
>>69270532
LJ is a bandwagoner and kyrie won it for them not lebron wade and kyrie not better than Westbrook? Please. The fact is both LJ and KD are huge cunts for what they did but LJ was worse. I hope the knicks or sumshit win it all
>>
>>69248633

Durant is repeating Lebron going to the Heat.

Durant and Lebron both left teams that drafted them and both failed to win a championship in the finals.

Both left to play along side other big names to 'win' rings.
>>
>>69270602
Kyrie hit a big 3, Lebron James had a bigger block. If Iggy's lay up goes in it's a 1 point game without the fast break opportunity.

No, Wade and Kyrie aren't better than Westbrook. Westbrook averaged a damn near triple double while Durant was out. The fact that you think they're better just goes to show that you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about. Thanks for proving that for me bro. I can safely ignore your shitty, dumbass opinion now.
>>
>>69270655
No but wade and bosh were better than Westbrook
>>
>>69270655
Muh stats. No u proved to me u know nothing about basketball. It doesn't matter KD is gunna end up cucking LJ for the rest of his career and prove why lj sucks
>>
>>69270725
LeBron is 18-2 all time in his career against KD. KD is literally LeBron's personal fuck toy. KD also gave LeBron his first ring lmao.
>>
>>69270762
Not anymore
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 441x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 441x300
>>69270498
Jej
>>
File: 1466889631054.png (437 KB, 453x695) Image search: [Google]
1466889631054.png
437 KB, 453x695
>>69270498
WREKT
>>
Equally bad. Although I think Lebron's might be better just because it might have all been part of a far fetched conspiracy for Lebron to leave Cleveland and allow them to obtain all star material before heading back as a free agent. But I doubt that was the case and in reality both of them want(ed) to reap the rewards of a title in the easiest way possible.
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.