[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What rules should be put in place so that something like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 600x400
What rules should be put in place so that something like this never happens again?
>>
ive said it many times, no max player salaries. steph and KD are both worth at least $50m/yr on a fair open market. the only way superteams are possible is because of max salaries.
>>
>>69247942
Don't let Canadians invent sports
>>
Hard salary cap. Solves literally every FA problem. And you dont have Conleys getting 130 mil.
>>
>Tfw KD can go to the Warriors but CP3 gets cucked out of being a Laker for basketball reasons.

Fuck this corupt leauge, if you don't think its rigged then you need to wake the fuck up
>>
>>69248197
These fags usually end up taking less than max money to join these super teams
>>
After the draft you must take the highest salary offered, no cherry picking and no "my nigger wife likes so and so".

Also, fuck these baboon retards, how about the TV money be used to lower ticket prices or kids size merchandise? This is what happens when Jews and blacks get together under common purpose.
>>
>>69248443
The amount of times ive seen this today
CP3 trade was vetoed because the league as a group owned the hornets at the time. The team owners didn't want the lakers getting any better after their championships so they made stern veto it. KD is a free agent you fucking mong and the league had nothing to do with this
>>
>>69248443
Oh, after today it's definitely rigged. Gotta go with which market is booming right now. Watch DWade go to the Cavs now.
>>
>>69248506
>League vetoed it so the Lakers wouldn't get any better

So rigged?
>>
>>69248499
I thought that of all places, a thread about the NBA would be safe of the racism permeating through this cancerous website, clearly I was wrong.
>>
>>69248543
The OWNERS pushed stern to veto it. As in each individual team saying, "fuck that team, do everything we can to stop them from winning again". So no, not rigged. Just shitty sportsmanship
>>
>>69248569
Shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>69248569
So the truth hurts your Cuckadian sensibilities?
>>
>>69248443
Do you know the difference between a trade and free agency, yes or no?
>>
File: CaliforniaPoster.png (240 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
CaliforniaPoster.png
240 KB, 919x737
KD lived in fucking Oklahamo for nine PRIME years of his life and ppl have the gall to criticize him for peacing the fuck out to the Yay Area? Fucking flyover state faggots
>>
>NBA full of superteams and cheap imitations trying to copy. Big threes and big twos everywhere.

>NFL trying to copy the LoB down tp their fucking personality every last single good corner is a Sherman clone

Welp back to the MLB
>>
Quit watching and buying tickets and maybe they will change.
>>
>>69248907
>nine years
>implying he wasn't a supersonic at the beginning

new
>>
>>69248918
MLB is amazing. You have the teams like LAD, NYY, Boston and Detroit paying hundreds of millions, yet less rich teams win all the time.
>>
>>69248997
Fuck the Yankees and all the faggots that wear their hats.
>>
>>69248997
thats because they playoffs are a joke and a fucking crapshoot, not like I'm complaining as a giants fan...

There should be no playoffs, one winner of the NL one winner of the AL, no interleague, and the world series should be a nine or 12 game series. But muh playoffs. Well in that case they should all be seven game series, or longer...
>>
>>69248949
he played one season in Sea, and that's not an argument, kill yourself
>>
>>69249327
The NFL playoffs are kind of a crap shoot, but any series of 5+ games is legit. You need some alone time?
>>
>>69249327
As an outsider looking in, its crazy how cutthroat MLB's playoff format is, Bo5's are over before you know it and those wildcard games are even worse.

Not saying I enjoy game series, but for baseball to be the one out of MLB/NHL/NBA that doesn't get a Bo7 treatment all the way through is silly.
>>
>>69249642
The better team usually wins an NFL game. It takes a lot longer and there is more random chance when it comes to baseball and the best team does not always win a seven game series. Basketball, yes, baseball no; baseball is an every day sport. I think a nine game series is appropriate
>>
>>69248997
That's because bad deals to has beens. NBA is about the best players 90% of the time with the other 10% being very well put together teams. You have Lebron you are probably going to the finals. MLB the best players aren't taking every at bat or pitching every game.
>>
>>69249757
That's only because baseball added extra playoffs as a cash grab. It used to run more like soccer leagues where team with the best record in each league would win the pennant which was the title. Then the two best teams would play the World Series in 7 games. Everything got fucky and the pennant titles became devalued due to playoff expansion.
>>
what happend?
>>
>>69248569
I was actually wondering the same thing. You would think they wouldn't watch a sport dominated by nigs
>>
>>69249757
One game wildcard is an absolute joke, but it makes it from a money perspective because way more teams are still in contention for far longer, keeping interesting going for the regular season. But baseball should never a won game affair, except if there is a regular season tie or something...
>>
>>69249892
that was quite a long time ago when they did that, which is best. Before that though just ONE wildcard team was appropriate...thinking back to the '93 giants who one 100 games and missed the playoffs.
>>
>>69249792
>The better team is the team that wins...until it doesnt fit my narrative

Ok, got it. The Broncos were the best team.
>>
>>69249920

Kevin Durant signed with the Warriors as a free agent
>>
File: basketball reasons.jpg (36 KB, 484x484) Image search: [Google]
basketball reasons.jpg
36 KB, 484x484
>>
Franchise tag

The tagged player gets 15% more mony and that 15% doesn't count in the cap
>>
>>69248569
If it's so cancerous then fucking leave faggot

Let me wallow in my cancer and enjoy myself
>>
It doesn't matter. The people who watch the NBA in the Lebron Era love this kind of shit. It's no longer a sporting league, it's more of a reality show marketed at 'black' and 'hiphop' subcultures.

Whereas other athletes are concentrating on playing the sport, basketball players are concentrated on building their own personal brand and writing themselves interesting stories for their 'legacy'. The NBA has become essentially a version of The Kardashians but for men.
>>
>>69250875
Meh, I can tell you this. Should the season finale conclude with Durant resigning with GSW, this series will find cancellation papers in it's mailbox.
>>
>>69248506
>not thinking the NBA is rigged by the league
>THE LEAGUE AS A GROUP DUR HUR

ok cuck
>>
>>69251816
>the refs, hundreds of players, team owners, and coaches are all on board with rigging the NBA

Fuck up and read about what happened retard.
http://nypost.com/2015/12/09/how-one-vetoed-trade-derailed-lakers-changed-nba-forever/
>>
Warriors have no center and a shit bench right now.

Iggy and Livingston are getting old and their only two bench players

They have 4 good peremeter players who take shots outside
>>
>>69247942
Like what?
Durant is a free agent, and has the right to go wherever he wants. Yes it sucks that super teams are destroying the nba, and outside of 2-3 teams, the rest of the league is irrelevant. But there is nothing the league can do about it.
>>
>>69248918
The Yankees have been forming super teams for like 80 years now!
>>
>>69252051
you can spin it however you want, but the Warriors are godlike right now and there's a reason the entire NBA and its fans are SHOOK.

Jesus, Lil B even revoked the curse and that's his entire business model.

>>69252017
You do fucking realize it's rigged or are you just an idiot? Sweet nypost article. I wonder what their opinion on JR Smith's pipe is?
>>
>>69252231
Only children and cockblowing autists think the NBA is rigged. Feel free to tell me in detail how it is though.
>>
>>69247942
when a player gets selected into the all-star game the "star" actually counts for something.

a rule that bans more than 3 "stars" on a team.

an exception will be if a team has 3 stars but during the course of the season develops another star during that season's all-star game they keep that star for the rest of the season. at the end of the season that team will be forced to move one of their stars for next season to meet the 3 star maximum
>>
Blame Curry's injuries and the salary bump tbqh. Blame OKC's cheap ass owner for not keeping Harden over Ibaka aswell.
>>
At the end of the day, people will have to realize the nature of the game and to appreciate every level of success. As much as people love to complain, other NBA GM's and players won't let Golden State get away with this easily.
>>
>>69249327
this post gave me cancer
>>
>>69252288

Tim Donaghy, Joey Crawford... the info is out there if you're not too lazy to try for it.
>>
>>69247942

No more cap on max salaries.
>>
>>69252448

Harden was never staying in OKC.

All Presti did was maximize his value by getting something for him before he walked away for nothing.

You know, EXACTLY like KD just did?
>>
>>69248197

But the max salary thing is necessary because of the budget differences between small market and big market cities.

Otherwise LA, NY and Chicago would win like everything.
>>
>>69248569
Hello Trudeau
>>
>>69252801
then give a hard salary cap on the entire league. whatever the smallest budget is thats the max. it would give the nba the incentive to grow the smaller markets as well as end superteams and intoduce parity
>>
>>69247942
Hard salary cap and no max contracts, just like in the NFL.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.