[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>American sports have real parity, unlike soccer what did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
>American sports have real parity, unlike soccer

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>69243396

Serious question for soccer fans.

Are beta moves like this common in leagues? The best of the best running to each other to team up?

To give you a background, the faggot in the OP's pic ran to best team of all-time after this said team beat him in the playoffs.
>>
>>69243396
>Benfica, Porto, sporting wins lol
>barça and real win lol
>bayernwinslol
>juventuswinslol
>Olympiakoswinslol
>red star wins lol
>BATE wins lol
>PSG wins lol

Need I go on?
>>
>>69243444
>Sterling to City
>Suarez to Barca
>>
>>69243444
of course, the best and richest teams always try to steal talents from their direct opponents
Like Hummels going to Bayern or Pjanic going to Juventus this same year
>>
>>69243445
leicesterwinslol
>>
>>69243563
Isn't that the first time since like 1994 a "big team" didn't win?
>>
>>69243617
Depends, there's Deportivo in Spain, some teams in Germany like Wolfsburg or Stuttgart, etc
>>
>>69243444
>going to one of the best teams while getting the best possible pay
>beta

that's called being rational
>>
>>69243658
Deportivo was like what, 15 years ago?
>>
>>69243617
Even then that point is arguable. Blackburn were throwing around a lot of money in those years. They finished 2nd the season before.
>>
>>69243786
there's Montpellier in France 4 or 5 years ago, and Lille some years prior
>>
>>69243828
True didn't they have Alan shearer or something?
>>
>>69243786
yes

I'd say the last time before lester a small team won the league (not counting eastern european leagues and the likes) was Montpelier in 2012
>>
>>69243873
Yeah, they spent about 25m over the course of a couple of seasons in the early 90s, which was a shit load of money for back then.
>>
File: P6WjpX7.jpg (202 KB, 475x750) Image search: [Google]
P6WjpX7.jpg
202 KB, 475x750
the nba has had 7 champions in the last 10 years
mlb 5
nfl 9
nhl 6

the bundesliga had 4
the prem had 4
la liga had 3
serie a had 3
>>
>>69244204
>knock-out competition vs round robin league
now compare them with the CL
>>
>>69243444
>the best team of all time
>still let legod get one for da land
I lol'd
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.