[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can anyone tell me how to cope with being shit? it's an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png (11 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
11 KB, 2000x1333
can anyone tell me how to cope with being shit? it's an entirely foreign feeling

seeking expertise from the mexicans and englels if possible
>>
>>69227933
It's just momentary, everyone has its ups and downs. Cheer up aquafresh, the world of soccer admires you.
>>
it comes with age
eventually we get girlfriends, a job, family, and sports are meaningless. Then you don't care about being shit.
>>
>>69227933
Expect nothing good to ever happen.
>>
>>69227933
Remember no era and you'll forget fabout it for a while
>>
>>69227933
Why don't you guys use the orange white and blue flag anymore? Isn't the Dutch Republic literally ruled by the House of Orange?
>>
>>69227933
Pls be good again, playing against you on the pitch of battle is always awesome, especially if the match is close - and they are always close.
2010 and 2014 should both have been our finals.

We miss you, #1 rival :(
>>
File: nsb-prinsenvlag.jpg (120 KB, 650x953) Image search: [Google]
nsb-prinsenvlag.jpg
120 KB, 650x953
>>69228246
That flag has about the same 'controversial' reputation here as the confederate flag in America.
>>
>>69228246
WW2 happened
>>
>>69228383
Why would it be controversial?
>>69228420
Wtf changed?
>>
>>69228552
You know, it was a big thing over here in Europe
>>
>>69227933
You guys should be able to make the World Cup, because your qualifying group isn't bad.
Please be good again soon Mr. Toothpaste, these Euros weren't the same without the Oranje.
>>
>>69228585
Jesus Christ do I really have to spell it out for you? How did WW2 change the Dutch flag?
>>
>>69228639

Alright quick history for you:

- Netherlands forms as country, uses orange white blue (Prince's Flag)

- 200 years later, France takes over Netherlands and introduces the red white blue, because orange was the colour of rebellion and because it was more like the french flag

- 1920s/30s, the NSB (Dutch Nazi supporter party) tries to make a big push to reintroduce the Prince's Flag. People hate the NSB, so they keep the red white blue.

There, that's why. The NSB fucked it up.
>>
>>69227933
Shitpost about it coming home for 11 months then pretend to be Welsh
>>
>Robben
>Sneijder
>Van Persie
>all will be 34 for the next WC
>no more le cut inside man

Feels bad senpai
>>
File: 1410090648465.png (13 KB, 640x712) Image search: [Google]
1410090648465.png
13 KB, 640x712
>>69228799
>>no more le cut inside man
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 1200x800
Somebody post the le cut inside man drive parody copypasta
>>
>>69228823

>mcq no era penal
>>
>>69228707
Oh okay. They should go back to orange though. That's the historic flag and even the football team uses orange. It's not like the flag is inherently racist. I feel like most Dutch probably don't care enough to change it though.
>>
>>69228989

Ofcourse the flag isn't inherently racist. But because the Nazi party took it as their own, it now has racist associations, and most people don't want to touch that. And it's not even just back then, even now rightwing groups and extremists are constantly waving it around.

In a sense it's similar to the Confederate flag. Does the flag itself support slavery? No, but it has that history.
>>
>>69229167
Fucking bullshit. That sucks dude. It's like they took the flag hostage.
>>
>>69227933
But even Englel and Mexico made it to the Euro and the Copa respectively.

You're on an entire different level of being shit.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.