[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pele-Maradona-Messi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 19
File: messi-maradona-pele-735x400.jpg (52 KB, 735x400) Image search: [Google]
messi-maradona-pele-735x400.jpg
52 KB, 735x400
At this point and with no doubt chronologically the history of football is this: Pele, Maradona, Messi.

The most fair thing to do, because of the level they reached in this game, is to separate them in different eras...but...Aside of trophies and personal awards. Who's better for you?

For me 1.Messi 2. Maradona (almost technichally tied with Lionel) 3. Pele (mainly because he played in the Pleistocene of football)
>>
1. Pele (3 WC)
2. Maradona (1 WC)
3. Messi (0 WC)

Easy
>>
>tf
>tt
>>
Zidane
>>
1. Pele-Maradona tied up
2. Zidane-Fenomeno
99. system babby
>>
Theyre all overrated

Pele played 60 years ago against factory workers
Maradona won nothing besides that 1 wc
Messi is a proven systembaby
>>
>>69224879
>forgetting Friedenreich

shiggy diggy
>>
File: 1454717604616.jpg (302 KB, 1537x980) Image search: [Google]
1454717604616.jpg
302 KB, 1537x980
>>69225060
>Maradona won nothing besides that 1 wc
>>
>>69224879
>Pele GOAT national team career
>Messi GOAT club level career
>Maradona a mix of both
>>
>>69225080
> 3 titles

WOOOW its fucking nothing
>>
>>69225391
He won more than that. That's just the ones with shitty teams
>>
>>69224879
Rooney
>>
File: messimessimessi.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
messimessimessi.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>69225040
>>69225060
>systembabby

kinda of hard not to be since you only play in two different systems and the one you're successful in doesn't have comical chokers to fuck up your brilliance
>>
>>69225080
>Roma 2nd
>>
>>69225080
He led them to their only titles in history right? He could have gone on to better clubs but probably became attached to Napoli.
>>
>>69225528
Missi missing the penalty vs. Chile was anyone but him's fault?
>>
File: WC Trophy.jpg (10 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
WC Trophy.jpg
10 KB, 183x275
Which one of these players is not like the others?
>>
>>69224879

DIEGO Y ARMANDO Y MARADONA

LA MANO DE DIOS,

EL NINO DIVINO,

SIMPLY, DIEGUITO.
>>
File: org.jpg (185 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
org.jpg
185 KB, 800x1067
>pele
literally stat pad master
>>
>>69225588
Messi, the only one to win the Champions League out of those 3 :^)

To answer the OP
1. Messi
2. Maradona
3. Pele
>>
>>69225538
Different era, different football and rules (they changed them drastically after 1990 WC) Maradona was really well at Argentinos Juniors and Boca (at least in Metropolitano and not in Torneo Nacional of 1981). Then after the most expensive transfer on the history of football at that point he failed miserably in Barcelona.

Then again, he was banned (Copa del Rey final) and again he was the most expensive transfer of history (Napoli was like Manchester City at that moment). Then you have the best years of Maradona. Starting in 1986 and ending in that final of the WC in 1990.
>>
>>69225643
>he failed miserably in Barcelona.
no he didn't, he got injured, and still managed to win Copa del Rey humiliating Real Madrid in the finals
>>
>garrincha godlike
pele king like
maradona coke like
messi autism like
>>
>>69225588
Aside of trophies and individual awards...
The consistence of Messi is only comparable to Pele.

The only thing superior that i see of Pele is obviously his headers game.
>>
>>69225586
yeah he fucked up that one final, but biglia also missed so its shared,also he made several assists but the chokers gotta choke
>>
>>69225603
Ok, now try not to be so emotional.
>>
1. Maradona
2. Messi
3. someone other than a player from 1950

I honestly didn't believe Maradona was that good but the more I researched the better he seemed, and this video is ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rftoMXeGp0
>>
>Forgetting fat Ronaldo

Smh
>>
>>69225528
maradona, pele, zidane never needed to blame higuain for their failures
>>
>>69224879
memes and patriotism aside, you can seriously compare Pelé and Maradona, maybe even Beckenbauer or Cruijff and discuss that

Messi is completely not on their level, no matter what >muh professional game or >muh physicality crap one can come up with just because he plays now, one reason being that he was made almost like a cyborg to play this kind of football
>>
>>69225528
spain won a world cup and euros without messi

messi cant win shit without barça's core
>>
>>69225656
That only part of the history, i study all his history in that club. Those two seasons.

Compared with his succes with Argentinos and Napoli, he clearly failed in Barcelona (Copa del Rey, UEFA against Manchester United, La Liga, etc).
>>
>>69225736

>le one great season man
>>
>>69225741

because burruchaga managed to score, or else Maradona would've been an irrelevant shitter with 2 italian titles and 0 world cups
>>
Pele is way above the other two.
>>
>>69224879
Falling for those 3 memes. You are a fool
>>
>>69225741
Then why do Maradona and Zidane only have 6 league titles and 1 CL combined?
>>
>>69225736
this 2bh
Pele played against full time streetsweepers and electricians
>>
>>69225745
Memes and patriotism lead to underrate Messi in this way.
By the way, i have all stats for Maradona career and Messi, and i'm working on Pele at this point. So i know them very well (the real history, not the myths adn memes of Pele, Messi and Maradona)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Messiteca/Maradona

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Messiteca
>>
>>69225816
today's generation is the most imbalanced football has ever been

nowadays there are 3 all star teams in europe that can literally pick any player they want
>>
it's not fair to compare, if you watch Maradona match tape from the late 80s, all the defenders are so slow, but he is pretty damn fast.

Meanwhile if you watch match tape of Messi vs defenders in the world cup, he gets closed down within 2 seconds.

Maradona would've needed 2 kilos of cocaine to play with the defenders today. They are bigger, faster, stronger. Sure they are not allowed to foul as much, but that's because the marking is so tight nowadays there needs to be rules against things.
>>
>>69225881
lol messi wouldnt even play on maradona's time

there would be no HGH for him idiot
>>
>>69225877
You didn't answer the question.
>>
>>69225805
Don't let patriotism close your mind. I a know this because i live in rebel-Texas. I know how can nasty patriotism can lead to hate agaist (in this case Messi, for example)
>>
>Patrician taste
Leonidas
Giuseppe Meazza
Pele
Zico
Mario Kempes
>>
>>69225881
that works both ways

today's teams play like African teams used to play in 1994, 1998... we're actually seeing less technical ability and more pace babbies, but does that make today's players better or worse judging on technicals?

Maradona's age was the most technical in football, compare his and Zico's highlights with anyone today and there is a marked difference
>>
>>69225881
The barely watched a full game of the 80s. The pre-Arrigo Sacchi football.

They barely know how drastically the rules changed after 1990 WC and how slow the game was.
>>
pele played at a time when plumber wasn't even a job. he played against sub-plumbers basically.
>>
>>69224879
Platini
Zidane
Pele
>>
>>69225926
Lmfao

Do you think Maxwell is the best player in the world? he won 12 domestic league titles
>>
File: 1467399323272.jpg (548 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1467399323272.jpg
548 KB, 5000x5000
>>69224963
>A team accomplishment reflects on a single person's skill.
>>
>>69225979
That's true. Unfortunately we see less technical football because they are killing it with a phisical-based game. That's why players like Messi, Iniesta or Riquelme are so rare. The future sadly is more for Cristiano's Ronaldo's type of players.
>>
>>69226000
>this meme

professionalism was a thing in Europe and South America mostly, for 15 years before Pelé, and he managed to dominate South American club football which was the Europe of the time

it's like nobody cares to study football history
>>
>>69226006
Ok, now try to be less troll and chauvinist
>>
>>69226025
You still didn't answer the question.

But I'm glad that you brought up that team accomplishments can't be used to measure individual skill and greatness.
>>
>>69226062
yes i did, im sorry your autism didnt let you infer from it

Spain won a worldcup and euros without messi, yet he cant win anything on argentina

He plays literally on a allstar team, when maradona played on a shit side
>>
>>69226042
60s where a more romantic time for football? Yes, and I love 60s and 50s.

They played better on those years? No, that was not even modern football (not even Rinus Michels Holland at this point)

Don't be blind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nc-_QFieDg
>>
>>69226095
So first you say that Maradona didn't need to blame anyone for his failures and then you blame his lack of team accomplishments on shit team mates.

Interdasting...
>>
Pele without doubt is the most over-rated footballer in the history of the game. Pele played along side far better and humble footballers in Jair, Rivelino, Jarzinho, Didi, Vava, Garrincha, Tostao, Carlos Alberto etc. Even Emile Heskey would have looked half-decent playing with these greats. Now Im not saying Pele is that bad but Pele stole the headlines from his more talented and humble team-mates. Pele was the media darling and because he spoke English quickly adapted to becoming FIFAs poster boy. Pele moved to America on an extortionate salary and played in the MLS.

Pele might have scored over 1000 career goals but lets be honest here...the Brazilian national league as well as the various state leagues are played almost all year around and often in the state leagues Pele was playing against very third-rate teams often featuring carpenters and farmers. Pele being the greatest goalscorer in history is laughable and its just like saying Ali Daei from Iran is the greatest ever internation striker just because he has scored the most international goals.

After retiring Pele has continued being FIFAS poster boy and now he is Sepp Blatter and Jack Warners lapdog puppet ambassador travelling the globe and talking absolute rubbish. Its laughable.

Then there was that awful 125 greatest ever footballers list where he picked ridiculous names and left out real greats like Gerson, Tostao, Tom Finney and Denis Law and instead included El Hadji-Diouf, Hong Myung-Bo etc. It was utterly laughable. Gerson tore up the list live on Brazilian TV
>>
File: maradona.jpg (391 KB, 2197x1464) Image search: [Google]
maradona.jpg
391 KB, 2197x1464
>>69226131
Maradona didn't fail my friend, he won when it mattered the most ;)
>>
>>69226120
didn't really go into quality of the era, but on the argument there was no professionalism and the old "but Pelé didn't even go to Europe"
>>
>>69225785
>Won 2 WCs
>Took Brazil to the final in 1998
>Scored twice against a highly defensive Germany in 2002
>Top goalscorer in WCs until 2014
>2 Ballons d'Or
>Fucked traps

Dude's a legend m8
>>
File: 167344640.jpg (22 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
167344640.jpg
22 KB, 630x420
>mfw people think either of those 3 are GOAT

actual GOAT reporting in
>>
>>69226176
Who can forget Peles nostradamus like precitions like Colombia winning the 1994 world cup, an African nation winning the world cup before 2000 and hailing Nicky Butt as the player of the 2002 world cup.

These days Pele travels the globe as Blatter/Warners lapdog puppet ambassador. Pele bows to the Blatter/Warner cabal and I simply have absolutely no respect for him.

He claims he scored over a thousand goals, except 526 goals of those came from UNOFFICIAL friendlies and tour games. He OFFICIALLY scored 757 goals in 812 games. As great as Pelé's goal scoring ratio was, it pales in comparison to Fernando Peyroteo. Of course, Pelé probably would dismiss Peyroteo's achievements. A real gauge of Pelé's goal-scoring ability was his international record. He never scored four goals or more in a game and his 77 goals in 92 games is mortal, as opposed to his mythical 1,283 goals.

Speaking of World Cups, where are his achievements? He doesn't have the most all-star appearances, or wins, or the most goals both overall and in a single tournament or game. He wasn't event he top scorer FOR BRAZIL in 1970. In fact, he was outperformed every single world cup. Why does Pele never talk about that SILVER boot he won?

Another funny thing is that Pele claims he's won three world cups when really he was benched in the 1962 world cup due to an injury. It was Garrincha who singlehandedly won the World Cup fro Brazil, not Pele. Speaking of his teammaters, he ommitted quite a shocking amount of them from his self-made "List of greatest living footballers", including the beast that was Jairzinho, who scored in every single game Brazil played during the 1970 WC. I guess he doesn't like sharing his "glory".
>>
>>69226178
>Maradona is the GOAT because the only thing that matters in judging who's GOAT is this one particular team achievement
every time
>>
>not putting the GOAT Ronaldo at #1
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>69226211
>messi is the goat because he scored 40 goals on his allstar team

maradona proved he could carry any team in the world, messi cant.
>>
>>69225724
You need to still watch more football m8.
That was Maradona peak. We have a lot of Mesis peak games and seasons so you are biased.

You can watch this lo learn the whole career (and noo the myth) of Maradona. All his success and failuries.

>>
>>69226232
>strawmanning this hard
Messi is the GOAT because no other player in history had his combination of goalscoring, passing/creativity and dribbling ability.

Quite simply, no one has played the game of football better than Messi.
>>
>>69225632
Quite easy answer the trophy was dominated by Teams not only players, this wasnt a real measure for Legendary and stills not otherwise Daniel Alves should be on the top of your chart dude
>>
>>69226176
Mesut, how do you know those other footballers you named are better than Pele? All we have of those is stories and legends.
He's over rated, yes, but maybe it could be the managers reason they were so great
>>
Van Basten
>>
>>69226191
I dont even know what the 1 season he is even talking about.

The Barcelona one? Stupid when he was playing better the next season for Inter.
>>
>>69226263
from this comment alone im pretty sure you were born after 1994 and this is the first generation of players you actually watched
>>
>>69226182
Other thing, the fact that we still consider Pele, the fact that he is still relevant at this point (after playing in that type of football) is a point in favour o Pele. That talks us about his real quality.
>>
>>69226276
Le Crystal Foot
>>
>>69226323
Wrong on both counts.
>>
>>69226176
>>69226201
>not including Jairzinho, Gerson, and Tostao some of his greatest teammates on the list

this was for personal reasons right?
>>
>>69226178
7 games in 1 year m8, you need to see the whole picture.

And also you know very well how he failed in 1982, 1990 WC. 1987 (in Argentina) Copa America, and 1989 CA. Lest not count 1994 WC.

>>
>>69226323
He is probably young but he is not wrong in the fact that Messi has the best of Pele (goalscoring ability) and Maradona (goals and vision).
>>
>>69226351
its either that you are stupid, i'll side on youngness and naiveness

>____ is the GOAT because no other player in history had his combination of goalscoring, passing/creativity and dribbling abilities

this is such a generic comment that it applies to literally every player mentioned on this thread
>>
File: messi 4.webm (2 MB, 832x464) Image search: [Google]
messi 4.webm
2 MB, 832x464
Messi plays like 5 different positions in a single game for Argentina while the other plays stand around jerking off. It's no wonder the entire country is literally crying right now beginning for him to come back. Your little corrupt shithole of a country never deserved anyone like this.
>>
People that consider Messi any good, do not know anything about soccer. I would not even put Messi next to Pele or Maradona.
>>
>>69226176
Overrated? Yes, just like anny other player
1000 goals? No

Aside that, watch match of this guy and you can clearly note his quality. His best years, 1962 to 1966, have many classic games.
>>
File: don Elías.jpg (63 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
don Elías.jpg
63 KB, 640x960
>>69224879
Elías Figueora

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFXSHSzc9W8
>>
>>69226484
hahahaha, how much of this have you seen?, I rather look at far more complete players such as Zidane if you think about Sacrifice or Platini any other day.
>>
>>69226538
Please, don't embarras me and our rebel Texas country...
>>
>>69226538
Texas Here, he atleast does brings good names to the conversation.
>>
Brazil in the 1982 World Cup had it more unfairly than any other team m8 that team had Zico, Sócrates, Falcão and Jorginho, if they had won that Zico or Sócrates would be in these best players of all time lists today and forever
>>
>>69225825
That's is partially true, he inflated his statistics agains many regionals teams in Brazil unfortunately
>>
>>69226033
>team accomplishment
>Messi in charge of winning on non-stacked to the max as fuck teams
>manage to lose 3 finals with stacked to fuck Argentina teams
>>
>>69226650
>Sócrates, Falcão and Jorginho,

overrated shit
>>
>>69226650
Not Socrates, but Zico that was the Cristiano Ronaldo of Maradona.

Zico was amazing but he dind't have the consistence, even if he had win the 82 WC. Is pretty sad that single season in Udinese. By the way, there is a classic match against Maradona (4-3 for Napoli)
>>
>>69226567
>don't embarras me
the fuck you talking about faggot, the OP topic is admitting freely you've being fucked up the ass by the "general opinion" spoon fed to you by the media. Aside from the obvious, considering that only players who attack and score goals are the best of all time in football... fuckin cuck.
>>
>>69226671
Yes. Chronologically, and being very pragmatic, the history of Brazil (from Maracanazo to this days) is Pele-Zico-Ronaldo-Ronaldinho
>>
>>69226240
Wew lad, you really love the sport. Are you working on a thesis or something?
>>
>>69226650

>Italy, Brazil, and Argentina in the same group

what the fuck was wrong with that world cup
>>
>>69226718
I'm the OP...don't be chauvinistic...Don't be a "Huaso Lalo" or a "periodista de Chilevision o MEGA" my wea weona la wea m8
>>
watch this video and bow to your gods faggots!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_zaZDfnsmg
>>
the real history of footy.
1960's: moore, Charlton, Pele, Yashin
1970's: Beckenbauer, Cryuff, banks, muller
1980's: maradona, plantini, van basten
1990's: maldini, baggio, beckham, laudrup schmeichel
2000's: fat ronaldo, messi, zidane, buffon
2010's: neuer, messi, iniesta,
>>
>>69226743
Only 24 teams qualified and this was the 2nd group stage so an equivalent of the ro16+QF
>>
File: Ronaldo.jpg (168 KB, 660x450) Image search: [Google]
Ronaldo.jpg
168 KB, 660x450
>>69225060
this
>>
only playmakers can be goats
my top 3 are Maradona, Messi, and Zidane
literally anyone can push a ball in (see Cristiano), and doing it against Farmers in 1955 does not impress me
>>
>>69226760
you're the one with the "TV's opinion", bro. Stop watching it by the way, I don't, that means you don't have too also... to be cool, ya know?
>>
Maradona by a mile
>>
>>69226796

>a mercenary who couldn't even find a champions league

literally Zlatan-but-played-for-brazil tier
>>
>>69226735
I'm a scientist, so i watch it from the perspective of a persone that have played and play this sport from my whole life, and also from the perspective of having the knowledge and tools tho make really statistical analysis of players. So yes, I do it in my leisure time.
>>
Ronaldinho
>>
File: muh reputation.png (16 KB, 1280x220) Image search: [Google]
muh reputation.png
16 KB, 1280x220
>>69226567
lmao are you this cuck?

kys right now you fucking faggot

and Don Elias is the GOAT
>>
>>69226962

holy shit you are so fucking delusional if you think 2 cups in 100 years thanks to 2 penalties means anything. kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>69226972
Who the fuck is talking to you?

>if you think 2 cups in 100 years thanks to 2 penalties means anything
Yes they do, you fucking amerifat
>>
>>69226962
No.

And try to be less chauvinistic and have a mature way of watch this sport. Not this "new rich" and childish mentality that embarass the whole country.
>>
>>69226883
Only 3 great years, sadly. I loved him.
>>
>>69224879

Don't ever mention Pele with that assburgers case in the same sentence ever the fuck again. You leave O Rei the fuck alone.
>>
>>69226803
Partyally true. Playmakers or incredible versatile and technical-gifted forwards.
>>
File: fuckuandallulove.gif (4 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
fuckuandallulove.gif
4 MB, 200x150
>>69227020
he's another guy. I'm the one who posted the E.F. pic, and you reacted like a bitch because you wanna look like the poster friendy bitch who shares everone's opinion and circle jerk around a bunch of trolls in here, from all places. Fucking cuck, kys in a fire faggot lmfao fuck you.
>>
>>69226833
Nice. Have you found any patterns? Do the great players have or lack something in common? (in your opinion of course)
>>
Messi always plays with stacked as fuck teams. His Barcelona is arguably the best team in generations and had a dominance that no team has had before. Of course, everybody seem to think Messi is the GOAT because of his team achievements, but his side is always playing for him to shine, creating spaces to exploit, putting themselves in position for his plays, etc.

Messi is great, but I've seen Maradona do things that were never done before, moves that defied the way football was played.
>>
>>69227160
Yes.

Is harder for obviously reasons (you need to do a journalistic research at many points to find crucial information) Pele, I finished a lot of Maradona statistical analysis, but I'm just starting with Pele (At least i finished 1962 to 1966).

The most fair thing to do after doing all this research is to separate them (Messi, Pele and Deigo) in periods. You just found too many variables to make a clear distinction.
>>
>>69227345
I watched Maradona too.
Yes, he was more extravagant (like Ronaldinho) in the way he treat the ball, but that not mean better. Pele was more pragmatic, and Messi Among the most pragmatic players I have ever seen.
>>
1. Pele
2. Diego Maradona
3. Johan Cruyff
4. Franz Beckenbauer
5. Lionel Messi
6. Ferenc Puskas
7. Alfredo Di Stefano
8. Ronaldo
9. Zinedine Zidane
10. Garrincha
11. Cristiano Ronaldo
12. George Best
13. Michel Platini
14. Sir Bobby Charlton
15. Eusébio
16. Jose Andrade
17. Lev Yashin
18. Romario
19. Marco Van Basten
20. Zico
>>
>>69227160
And patterns. Yes, many patterns for Maradona but with players of his era (Platini, Zico, etc). The same for Pele (Eusebio, Gianni Rivera, Sivori, etc) and Messi (Iniesta, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, etc, etc).

The patterns for this 3 players is that they are always in the verge of anny statistical analysis with mutiples variables.
>>
>>69227466
Great ranking m8
>>
>>69224879
look at the old tapes: Pele played against team with NO defense. Look at the tapes.
Maradona, and all players of that era, couldn't possibly compete with today's players. Maradona is very over-rated -- watch some of his regular games. His competition was pretty shit, too. Not as laughable as Pele's but bad.

Messi playing in Pele's era: 5 goals per game
Messi playing in Maradona's era: 3.5 - 4 goals per game
>>
>>69227566
You don't compare the era's you dolt. Lebron James would score 80 points a game in the 60s NBA
>>
>>69227566
>players in my era are better than ever before

That's an obvious fallacy, my friend
>>
>>69227566
Partyally true.
Yes, Pele didn't play modern football (barely a transition from the more offensive football of the 50's, to the catenaccio era, you can compare it watching the 58 WC and then the 62 WC)

Yes, Maradona football and most (not all of them, like Maradona himself, Maldini, Laudrup, Baresi, and a long etc) of those players would no be the same in this typo of football,

Yes, Maradona is overrated, lika all great players (including Messi and Pele)

Watch this if you want to know the whole picture and not the myth of Diego.

And yes, Messi:

>>
>>69225080
answer: corruption, the cornerstone to all of Maradona's success in any part of his life.
>>
File: 1463442875961.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1463442875961.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>69226793
>beckham
>>
>>69225080
This is a Myth. Napoli was like Manchester City or PSG at that moment. A club with history and tradition, with no many trophies, but with the money of the 80s. They buy Diego in the most expensive transfer of the history of football at that time.

Then they where adding great players every year. They failed in 1985 seanson, 86 season, and then you have the success. That's why they have Alemano, Careca, Goirdano, Garella (the GK of Verona, the Champion of Italy), and guys that made part of Italy national team like De Napoli or Ferrara, etc, etc. All with 3 foreings, and the rule was the same for Milan, Juve, Inter, Fiore, Roma, etc.

And you know well the amazing team, players and DT of Argentina in 86, that image is a biased meme.
>>
>>69227611
no chance, he'd foul out in the first qtr.
Curry would score like 30pts/qtr

>>69227613
example:
100m times go lower and lower with each generation.
Explain how successive generation of athletes/coaches/trainers/technology are NOT better than the last.
>>
>>69227501

This is pretty cool! Statistical analysis as in actually examining their game statistics, or as in applying equations of thermodynamics and statistical physics?

(Lol, sorry for my autism, it's just that I'm doing my Ph.D in physics right now and that's actually right what I'm doing, applying thermodynamical equations to everyday stuff.)
>>
>>69227566
>Messi playing in Pele's era: can't play because no drugs
Fixed that for ya.
>>
american not very familiar with soccer here

where does freddy adu rank on the GOAT lists? top 10?
>>
>>69227723
beckham in the late 90's was superb
>>
File: messimessimessi.webm (3 MB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
messimessimessi.webm
3 MB, 480x320
>>69225528
>>
>>69229459
Its become a meme to shit on Beckham cause of his brand. The guy was a legitimate world class player in the late 90s/early 00s. He was United's 2nd best player after Keane.
>>
>>69227833
That example is fucking retarded, comparing athletes from two eras that are so different is retarded, because of the evolution of training regimes, food, superior training facilities, etc. just as you can assume today's athletes would be great in other eras, you'd have to consider what would happen if those athletes had trained under today's conditions, which is impossible.
>>
>>69229626
That's why the real test is having a moment in the tournament where one will's his team to win and makes a real difference in the game.

The stats like goals and assists are circumstancial at best since eras have different playstyles and teams have different tactics.

For unquestionable luminaries like Pele, Cruyff, Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo9 and Zizou what separates them is their national tournaments and how much they willed their team to victory.

This is why Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckenbauer will always be viewed as Tier 1 players while Cruyff and Messi will always be Tier 2 since they couldn't win when it counted.
>>
>>69225979
Yeah i guess is easier to not fuck up your techinque playing in a slow speed.
>>
>>69226178
He didn´t failed cause Burruchaga didn´t fail. Thats it. Higuain and Aguero has failed too many times. If they didn´t, everyone would be sucking messis cock
>>
>>69226514
Nigga practically all commentators and people who literally get paid for analyzing football say he is the best (GOAT still debatable). Way more credibility than a bunch of edgy teenagers trying to bait each other in a japanese anime board.
>>
>>69230135
Soccer is for fags anyways. Even I could be good if I wanted.
>>
>>69226743
Wierd ass WC structure (just the same as the 1978 argie wc). Instead of knockoff stage teams would advance to a second group stage with two groups round robin and winners of each group would play the final.
>>
>>69224963
So Gotze is better than Messi and Ozil is better than Cruyff

Well done retard
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_6c_oA19w

Here u go
>>
>>69225741
That's the point you genius. Maradona played with a fucking GOAT squad, so did Zidane and Pele.
>>
>>69226793
Where is TSUNALDO?
>>
>>69225080
>A bunch of nobodies
>Pumpido
>El tata Brown
>El vasco Olarticochea
>El negro Enrique
>Ruggeri (!!!)
>El checho Batista (!!!)
>Burruchaga (!!!)
>Valdano (!!!)

Stop this meme. Argentinian's 86 squad was, name by name, way too fucking better than the one we have now
>>
>>69230236
>Maradona played with a fucking GOAT squad
This. Just because 18 year old casuals don't recognise those players doesn't make that team bad. The Argentinian league was one of the best in the world in the mid 80s and like 7 starters from that 86 team won Copa Libertadores between 84-86.
>>
>>69224963
>

And then there's always this kind of clueless retard
>>
>>69230135
>practically all commentators and people who literally get paid for analyzing football
No amigo. That's not how it works. They are hired to get attention, so they raise the ratings of the media they work for.

So you hype someone to death, and when he fails (everyone does at one point or another) you roast him. Then let some time pass, and make a note or comment about how good he was or whatever.

Don't fool yourself. Futbol is a business and if anyone, the average anon with no actual financial interest in it is the only one qualified to analize it.
>>
>>69230330
>7 starters from that 86 team won Copa Libertadores between 84-86.
Oh, and Burruchaga scored the winner in one of those finals.

He was literally the anti-Higuain
>>
Reminder Maradona cheated his way to the WC title, the only thing he won and Messi didnt
>>
>>69230319
>>69230345

Please.

Maradona's cast was like the Italian team this year in the Euros.

They were individually average but very good as a team.
>>
File: bartf620x480-61123_103655_0.jpg (105 KB, 620x480) Image search: [Google]
bartf620x480-61123_103655_0.jpg
105 KB, 620x480
>>69230887

The fact that -you- don't know them doesn't change anything.
Burruchaga and Giusti won the Copa Libertadores in 1984 with Independiente
Batista won the Copa Libertadores in 1985 with Argentinos Juniors
Pumpido, Enrique and Ruggeri won the Copa Libertadores in 1986 with River Plate
Valdano won La Liga in 1986 with Real Madrid

And if you're older than 15 then you'd know that Libertadores had the same level, if not better, as the Champions League back then (See: Intercontinental cup 1984 - 1985 - 1986)
>>
>>69224879
>Pele
>Better than Garrincha
>>
>>69225777

so fucking tired of this meme
he literally came 5 minutes away
FIVE MINUTES
xavi, iniesta, villa, pedro, busquets, and pique have the luxury of playing together, Messi played with mercenaries and still reached the final. Messi's feat is greater than the Barcelona system babbys
>>
maradona has like 3 fucking titles and the only reason we know his name is because Burruchaga scored, he failed in 1990 after Goycochea carried him past TWO PENALTY SHOOTOUTS one of which Maradona MISSED a penalty, so fuck off. If Higuain makes his fucking silver platter free goals then Messi is the king of history, sad truth.
>>
>>69224963

>pele played against farmers and part-time street sweepers

Era babby, his game wouldn't translate well to modern futbol.
>>
Maradona is GOAT

Why?

CARRIED Napoli to title on sign, where will you find a player that can do that in this day

Played in professional era, unlike Pele who played against carpenters and plumbers and shit

Era where you could pass back to goalman and tackle from behind
>>
>>69225724

Meh, to be fair, those defenders look like unorganized dudes that play soccer after work. Any modern semi-pro could play Madonna level against people like that.
>>
>>69225741

>entry-level hue

Compare Zidanes WC squad to the Arg WC squad...........
>>
>>69231289

Napoli was basically manchester city man, why do you think they could afford to break the world transfer fee for Maradona?
That's like calling Aguero GOAT if he assisted higuain on a world cup winning goal
>>
>>69225736

Fat Ronaldo, coulda shoulda woulda .... but injuries fscked him over.

Still best, real, Ronaldo.
>>
>>69226825
>Zlatan

Another overrated shit player.
>>
>>69229491
>3 finals in a row
>0 goals scored

Why is he GOAT again?
>>
Why isn't Paolo Rossi mentioned here? He won everything and carried Italy in 1982 as Maradona did four years later, but unlike Maradona he also won the CL and pretty much every title.
>>
>>69224879

I wonder how Pele or Maradona would do with Higuain as their number 9.
>>
>>69229726
M8 First you need to play and understand the game. Second, if you reach this, you clearly notice knowing the history of football (66 years since Maracanazo) those who are overwhelming talented and constant.

After those point. Pele have a lot of failuries with Santos and Argentina, but at the level of Messi (not many as Maradona, that where multiples).

So your arguments are really weaks my friend.
You just can't consider R9, Zidane or Beckenbauer in the same league of Messi, Pele adn Maradona. Read more history of these 3 players and rewatch complete match, and have a critical view. That's the only way of see above the trees.
>>
>>69228181
Try other argument again. But not baits or flames troll comments m8.
>>
>>69229567
That's true. Beckham was a great number 5 (number 6 in Europe). Underrated at the end to be honest.
>>
Pelé, Maradona, Zidane.
>>
>>69230034
True. Our sport lost a lot of technical players (they are rare, like Iniesta, Messi, Pirlo, Riquelme, etc) after it became more physical and vertiginous. Pretty sad.
>>
>>69230227
Thanks. That's the reason why a tournament of 7 games every 4 years is not the best
parameter for comparison
>>
>>69230319
And the most important point. Like a team they where simply the best (based Bilardo)
>>
>>69230344
Partyally very true. Messi, Pele and Maradona have an annoying press talking everytime about them. That's not going to change ever. (Internet now, El Gráfico and Clarin in Argentina, Placar in Brazil etc).
>>
The most talented footballer to ever live, without even trying. His peak didn't last too much because he did it for the lulz

Trust me, I am a retired professional player in an estadual serie c division.
>>
>>69230373
Even with the cheat, he showed an amazing level in other type of football, yes, but incredible at the end of the day.

But the point is that one must now the whole picture of Maradona career, not, just 7 games in June-July of 1986.

>>
>>69225060

Shut the fuck up, Pele and Maradona MADE football as is seen today, every kid emulates what he sees and with medical advances you can enhance that, but first somebody has to create, and innovate.

Maradona can be the worst person in the world, it doesnt matter, doesn´t changes that he is indeed the GOAT.
>>
>>69232087
I wouldn't say that the most talented, but the most
pleasant and extravagant to watch. I loved him. He was pure magic.
>>
>>69232087
It's hard to say if Ronaldinho in 2005 and 2006 or Messi last year, both did pretty much everything they wanted and scored.
>>
>>69226538
>rating a fanook
>>
The fuck is wrong with all of you?

The science of sports has come a long way and they are much more competitive than they once were. Footballers nowadays are more skilled, faster, talented etc.

This goes for all athletes in every sport.
So, Messi. Obviously..
>>
>>69226033
>Messi in charge of winning shit when Xavi & Iniesta/Neymar & Suarez aren't playing next to him at their very best level

The so called "world's best player" couldn't do shit playing with the likes of Di Maria and Agüero against >Chile m8

Fucking twice
>>
>>69233946
>Di Maria and Agüero
>thinking these two are of any help when they are not injured
lel
>>
You can't compare players from different eras

This is the only place where people talk shit about Pelé, Maradona or Messi. You people are pathetic
>>
>>69232211
Man Ronaldinho was a fucking magician with the ball, a fucking wizard I tell you. Messi can't even compare
>>
>>69224879
1 Pele
2 Cruyff
3 Messi
>>
>>69233995
messi has been at the top since he was 17, ronaldinho barely lasted 3 seasons and it wasn't always magic
>>
> Messi is a system baby
Is that what we call club loyalty these days?
>>
a non crippled Robben is unironically better than Messhit
>>
>>69234531
Retards in this website hate everything

If he moved to another club (of course it would be a big club) he'd be an ungrateful mercenary
>>
>>69234556
As much as I wish this were true, it just isn't
>>
>>69234556
>amerifat opinions
lel
>>
>comparing two old men against 29 year old

talk about retards
>>
At their peaks:
1. Fatnaldo
2. Maradona

POWER GAP

3. Garrincha
4. Ronaldinho
5. Messi

POWER GAP

6. Van Basten
7. Best
8. Zinedine
9. Puskas
10. Other players like Viera, Figo, and Rivaldo

MEME GAP

11. muh "1000 goals"
12. muh "TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

GAP FROM GREAT TO REALLY GOOD PLAYERS

13. Too many to count: Zico, Robben, Batigol, Hagi, Zlatan, Cannavaro, Veron, Drogba, Raul, even Eto'o

POWER GAP TO CAN'T GET A STICKY TIER

15. Cruyff
>>
>>69234726
delet this
>>
>>69234726
and then you wonder why people were celebrating 9/11 around the world
>>
You put Pele and Maradona in todays era of specialized diets, massage therapists, easily given fouls and perfect playing conditions playing against FC Pacos and you'd still have beasts of football.

You put Messi in the 60s or 80s and you get a 4 foot tall cripple because no team would pay for his HGH.

/thread
>>
>>69234972
>You put Pele and Maradona in todays era
and they wouldn't score 1/10th of what they did, specially pele. Rewatch those games, most defenders back then barely knew how to kick a ball
>/thread
you need to go back
>>
>>69234972
This. Why the fuck would Pelé/Maradona less dominating today than back in their days?

Remember WC 66? They had to literally break Pelé to prevent him to win a third trophy.
>>
>>69235026
hello polaco
>>
>>69224963

>Pele (3 WC)*
* injured in 1962 tournament and only played first 2 of 6 games

thats 2 and a half WC at best
>>
>>69231570
How many goals did Maradona score? They both attacking midfielders anyway, their job isnt scoring.
>>
>>69232087
Hes Tom Bombadil of football. Favorite player to watch 2bh
>>
>>69226263
Correct. I cant even see how people cant appreciate being able to watch him in his prime years. I've watched football since probably around 1989-1990, and I cant say that anyone of these older retired legends was as good. They won world cups, but it sure as hell wasnt by themselves. Goal scoring, longevity, play making all goes to Messi by a fair margin.
>>
This Based Chilebro dealing some serious wisdom in this thread. Thank you, true scholar of the game.

>>69231570
>Maradona goals in finals
>0

inb4 backpedalling to assists as goals suddenly aren't that important. :^)
>>
>>69234972
>You put Pele and Maradona in todays era of specialized diets, massage therapists, easily given fouls and perfect playing conditions playing against FC Pacos and you'd still have beasts of football.
But since they didn't have that, Messi is objectively, undoubtedly better.
>>
>>69224963

I guess in your mind Fernando Torres is on the same tier as Maradona.

>>69225040

>system babby

Stop using American expressions you don't even understand. What system does Argentina play with that allowed Messi to be the top goalscorer of all time?
>>
>>69234972

This is about the dumbest post I have ever read.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10663733
>>
>>69227466
this
>>
>>69232087
He is the true GOAT, everything was easy for him but as you said he did it for the lulz.
>>
>>69227466
And dinho??
>>
File: mallory-pugh-article1.jpg (295 KB, 650x362) Image search: [Google]
mallory-pugh-article1.jpg
295 KB, 650x362
1. Pugh
2. Pele
3. Maradonna
4. Messi
Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.