[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did anyone rate Italy's chances when their team was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: Sturaro-Italia.jpg (48 KB, 620x434) Image search: [Google]
Sturaro-Italia.jpg
48 KB, 620x434
Why did anyone rate Italy's chances when their team was loaded with literal whos?

It was obvious they'd be found out by teams with actual depth.
>>
It's not about the players but the way the team plays. Italy played really well.

If only they had Veratti and Marchisio in front of that world class defense, they'd be amazing.
>>
how were they found out? they literally lost in a mario-party minigame luckshot
>>
Conte went too far with the "average player that is tactially disciplined and runs a lot" meme, we werent able to string 3 passe togheter against Germany.
And imo some other choices were pretty dumb like bringing 5 forwards when he always played the same 2 anyway but only 5 midfielder when you 3 every game. Also 5 wingers. And calling players that never play in theyr team just because they are from Juve like Zaza and Sturaro didnt make sense at all, we had so many better options.
But still we made better than expected so i cant really complain, it's just a pity to go out for such stupid mistakes
>>69192584
And De Rossi and Candreva
>>
>>69192584
>let's park the bus for 120 minutes and hope for penalties
>lose in the penalties
they deserve it
You could see the difference between Neuer kicking the ball in the play as fast as possible so they can go on the offense, while Buffon took like a minute to kick it
>>
>>69192494
cause soccer isnt about the 11 players on the field
>>
Because in most matches this tournament they were the only big team that played above expectation. Italians were saying that their team of literal whos stood no chance, but they looked damn solid, and they dismantled Spain well.
Germany found a way to match them tactically and were better individually. It is to the Buffon's credit that it even went to penals.
>>
>>69192698
Buffon didnt do much tjhis game desu, just one great save, the back three was flawless tho
>>
>>69192652
>let's park the bus for 120 minutes and hope for penalties

Guardiola really destroyed football forever.

If you really think Italy "parked the bus" last night then you're clueless about football. Germany diserved to go to overtime when they stopped playing after that first goal, passing the ball around all the way back to the keeper Barça-style.
>>
File: zaza-2.png (2 MB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
zaza-2.png
2 MB, 1000x600
>>69192643
>Bring this guy on as specialty penalty taker
>Dances like an equestrian horse then gumboots it

wtf Conte
>>
>>69192807
what makes me mad is that he played literally 2 seconds, so he coul ha put up De Rossi or Candreva who are actually good at penals and arent dumb as a rock. He could have also brought a better striker
>>
>>69192494
-Verratti
-Marchisio
-DeRossi
-Candreva
-Thiago Motta
-Montolivo

Sturaro was literally the seventh midfielder. it was literally our C team
>>
Which begs the question even more as to why people were talking about Italy like they were a favourite
>>
>>69193041
>muh meme curse
>>
>>69193041
we only became a favourite after beating belgium and spain i think
>>
>>69193041
This was meant as reply to

>>69192925
>>
>>69193041
it was a mix of how they played during the tournament and reputation
>>
>>69192494
If that was the case they would have been beaten by Spain who is arguably the most stacked team on the euros on paper and Italy just kicked em out like nothing so its more than players, you need a style of game
>>
>>69192494
football just doesn't sum up to individuals... it's not basketball
>>
>>69192708
Didn't do much cause your defense was great but I respect buffon he saved when it counted in an almost impossible manner againts Gomez.
>>
>>69193090
Spain result was kinda one-off though. They didn't cruise through their group - even lost to Ireland. Spain went HAM against them and got stung on counter attacks.
>>
>>69193145
I know, he waved oru asses on Pique too, just saying that it was more about the back 3.
>>
>>69193159
>They didn't cruise through their group
we did tho, lost to ireland becaue he was resting 7 of the starters and we had literally nothing to play for
And Spain got fucking outplayed, they created one good chance the whole game. It was just counterattacks because we pressed high in the pitch and forced them to trow long balls to theyr manlet midfielders
>>
>>69193159
>even lost to Ireland
then conte rested basically his entire first team, because italy had already qualified

>Spain went HAM against them and got stung on counter attacks
it's almost as if that was the italian tactic against spain
>>
>>69193159
Spanish defense was shit and thanks to degay it didn't ended 3-0 tbqh
The team was just off and they didn't care maybe now that Del Bosque is gone maybe they'll start to care again
>>
File: conte1.png (545 KB, 803x451) Image search: [Google]
conte1.png
545 KB, 803x451
>>69192494
>Why did anyone rate Italy's chances when their team was loaded with literal whos?

pic related
>>
>>69192494
Nobody had expectations on this Italy team before the torunament. >We only started believing when we beat Belgium and then Spain. Even if we somehow managed to beat Germany we would have been too exhausted to stand a chance against France. Overall I can almost say that Conte and the boys overachieved.
>>
>>69192643
This.

Also op before the tournament no one did rate Italy because of the reasons you said. It wasn't until they, ya know, actually played games that they earned respect on merit.
>>
>>69193193
>it's almost as if that was the italian tactic against spain

It was their tactic against everyone. It's the only one they had, and clearly wasn't going to work against every team
>>
>>69192494
>Why did anyone rate Italy's chances when their team was loaded with literal whos?
Because it was a very good team that was only beaten by an extremely lucky and close penalty shoot out.

After your logic England is the best team kek.
>>
>>69192835
he took more steps in his penalty run than in the match
>>69192652
we didn't park the bus. We tried to attack all the time, even at the 117' minute we were still trying to score. But as the guy above you said we weren't able to string 3 passes together so we couldn't manage to actually go forward and had to defend.
>>
>>69193341
And what logic is that Hans?

My point is that anyone just had to look at Italy's squad to know they couldn't go the distance. The same would have applied to England, had anyone started calling them favourites.
>>
>>69193471
anon nobody rated italy before the start of the tournament. It's only after they showed to be the team that played best along with germany that they were rated.
And germans were afraid because of muh curse.
nobody called italy the favorites.
and it's unfair to call a team that only lost on penalties against the strongest team of the tournamet a team "that couldn't go the distance"
>>
>>69192738
agree with you there, watching the Barcelona way became boring after a while
>>
>>69192652
At a certain point Neuer took more time in kicking the ball back in the game than all the times Buffon did put together
>>
>>69193548
This.

Honestly, I'm not even mad. We exposed Belgium as a meme team, eliminated Sweden, gave Ireland a shoot at the dream and outplayed the reigning Euro champions. We lost against Germany only at penalties.

The only teams that looked objectively better than Italy this euros are Germany and France, losing against either bears no shame.
>>
>>69193548
http://www.football-italia.net/84286/prandelli-italy-among-euro-favourites

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/cristiano-ronaldo-names-italy-among-euro-2016-favorites-060916

http://www.emirates247.com/sports/football/euro-2016-why-spain-italy-now-favourites-2016-06-18-1.633352
>>
>>69193471
>My point is that anyone just had to look at Italy's squad to know they couldn't go the distance
you are wrong, if we had a bit more luck we could have won the thing. Germany is by fare the best team in the tournament and it took them 8 penalties to eliminate us,this could have easily been the final with a less retarded table
>>
>>69193159
We must have seen different games, because if it weren't for De gea we would have won with way more ease
>>
>>69193471
Well englel consists of star players and not of whos.

So they must be good after OP text.

Italy used what they got as efficient and tactically smart as possible and where only be able to beat in a pure luck penalty.
They even lacked two good players on the field.
With them I'm sure they would have advanced and not us.
>>
>>69192494
They beat Spain
>>
>>69193667
Jesus christ Germany, you're arguing against a point I didn't make.

I didn't say a team of stars guarantees you success. I said no team boasting Italy's whos should have been fancied as potential winners in the first place.

>beat in a pure luck penalty

Get your hand off it, italy never looked like winning. Especially not with those atrocious penalties.
>>
>>69193769
Yes penalty is for sure the pure expression of skill.

Was it the first time you watched football?
>>
>>69193816
Nice ad hominem there Hans.

Of course it takes skill in a shootout. Much more than only skill, in fact - tactical knowledge, composure, decision making.

The fact is Italy were lucky to even make it to penalties, then showed well and truly they lacked all of these traits when they proceeded to take some of the worst penalties I have ever seen.
>>
>>69193667
before the end of ET the commenter said that conte was considering letting de rosi in for the last 30 seconds and the penalty. then he let in zaza
how things might have been different
>>
>>69192494

Because it's Italy, they almost always find a way to troll their way to the 2nd round and beyond
>>
>>69193889
Then you didn't see Messis Penalty, that Venezuelan Penalty against Argentina and the legendary David Backham Penalty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_gEn9xyV8

It's for sure not my fault that you're underage.
>>
>>69192494
>they'd be found out by teams with actual depth.
You mean that Germany's attacking capability has been revealed as overrated
>>
>>69194023
Italy has, unironically, the best defence in the world.

The fact they managed to score underlines that their attacking capability is as good as it comes.
>>
>>69193935
Sticking with the ad hominems huh? Ok then sauerkraut breath.

None of those penalties (all taken by the losing team mind you) are actually worse than Pelle's. He literally hit a dribbler that almost rolled outside the six yard box before crossing the byline.

Now go back to playing your flugelhorn, you dirndl-wearing, jew-gassing Bavarian hillbilly.
>>
>>69192835
Fucking Oath

10 Years Ago a young De Rossi comes on just beforethe 90th minute, and a some time later calmly smashes his penalty into the top corner setting up Grosso to win the WC.

Fast forward 10 years and they sub on THAT FUCKING CLOWN INSTEAD OF DE ROSSI?
>>
>>69194105
>Now go back to playing your flugelhorn, you dirndl-wearing, jew-gassing Bavarian hillbilly.
Better go back watching your meme AFL while your wife gets raped by Emus.
>>
I think Italy played for Penalties because they were counting on meme magic to defeat Germany in the Penalty shootout

And you know what? That was a great plan and should have worked, how often does Germany miss 3 penalties out of 5.....never is when, they crumbled mentally against the Azzurri, and the Azzurri knew that would happen come the shootout. Hell, even their Captain bottled it when he had a chance to win it.

Unfortunately, Italy overlooked the sheer incompetance of Zaza and Pelle, if they'd had a couple of halfway competent footballers replace those two then Italy would have won no worries.

Compare this lot to the team of 10 years ago. 5/5 Penalties scored in the World Cup Final, much higher stakes but a perfect result.

Incompetent FUCKS
>>
>>69193935
dude, except the Venezuelan one those are 100% legit wrong-kicked penalty. just unlucky.
the Pellè penalty was the most utter shit ever existed. He mocked Neuer, then literally fuck everything up. that's not unlucky, that's karma,
zaza penalty was not that bad, but the run-up was just insane.
>>
>>69194259
This desu, the only thing that makes me bitter for the aftermath of this match is that almost nobody gives Pellè shit for going full TSU while Zaza, although his penalty was utter shit, is getting memed
>>
>>69195148
What about Muller? His penalty was almost as pathetic as those others, but all is forgive because they won.
>>
>>69194259
the fuck up is consequence of the mocking.
he tried to make neuer nervous, but he remained there completely composed. He ran up and neuer didn't move, didn't give a hint to where he was jumping, pellè realizes he's messed up, neuer still doesn't move, he doesn't know where he's going to shoot till the last moment then he pushes the ball somewhere .

to think that for all of this is conte ha not take out chiellini, or had put in de rossi instead of zaza we may still have won. But oh well
>>
because they were playing better than all the "superstar loaded teams" bar Germany?
>>
>>69193159
spaniards looked like sleepwalkers, they were the ones getting their shit pushed in for 75% of the time
>>
>>69193159

I'm not sure you actually saw the match m8
>>
Italy played really well, noone tipped them to go this far and they were the best team in the Euros.
>>
>>69192494
Because Germany had NEVER EVER won against Italy before this game, the player quality doesn't matter as long as they wore the Italian shirt
>>
>>69192494

But they weren't found out.

They lost a penalty shoot out after a razor close match of high tactical sophistication and intensity against another major footballing power - the only entirely acceptable way for a major team to get eliminated.
>>
>>69192925
>thiago memeta
>memetolivo
it was the B team lad
>>
>>69196907
Apparently, the german penalty blessing is stronger than the german italy curse.
>>
hate to break it to ya but 3 of the 4 teams in the semis are loaded with literally whos
>>
italy could have used giovinco. relying on pelle and eder to score your goals is just asking for abuse.
>>
>>69192652
t. american in vacation
>>
>>69192925
>mount of olives

have you noticed how shit he is?
>>
>>69192738

Germany was in total control.

Whats the point of risking an equalizer if 1 goal is enough?

There was literally 0 chance for Italy to come back in that game except for Boateng gifting an absurd penalty.

You never though Italy could score after our goal.
>>
>>69202768
Nah, I probably would have brought gio too but Conte never used any flair players like that. He had insigne who does the same thing as gio but is better and a bit more versatile.

He just should have played him more
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.