[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is team USA going to get shocked at the olympics? 2004: Lebron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
is team USA going to get shocked at the olympics?

2004: Lebron James, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Carlos Boozer, Tim Duncan, Dwayne Wade, Lamar Odom, Amare Stoudemire,
**WON BRONZE**

2016: Carmelo Anthony, Harrison Barnes, Jimmy Butler, DeMarcus Cousins, DeMar DeRozan, Kevin Durant, Paul George, Draymond Green, Kyrie Irving, DeAndre Jordan, Kyle Lowry, Klay Thomson
>>
>>69147269
men this team is still better then 04. durant is still in his prime. Klay and PG3 are as good as Iverson and duncan which was the best player on 04
>>
>>69147275
>Klay and PG3
>As good as Iverson

Yeah, no.
>>
>>69147275
this is definitely a meme
>>
>>69147295
>>69147308
I was talking about at the time. never mind just looked at the stats iverson still had some 30+ppg seasons beyond 03.

disregard I was wrong. they might be upset but I still think 04 is worse. most of those players were not in their primes yet and the ones on this years team are in their primes and are more consistent
>>
>>69147269
2004 team was pretty one dimensional and didn't deserve the Gold
>>
I think the embarrassment was too much and still too fresh in our history. Coach won't let it happen again.
>>
>>69147269
They have 3 players (Melo, Cousins, and Durant) who can't be guarded by random cucks from 3rd world countries.
>>
Olympic Melo always delivers, just wait.
>>
>>69147269
Paul george will be in heaven with all the trannies in brazil
>>
File: lalaanthony.jpg (62 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
lalaanthony.jpg
62 KB, 750x750
>>69147424

Yeah, I believe he's going to have the record for appearances as an American with 4 now. I always like seeing how these guys play on the National team because with the pressure to carry a team off you can see how well they can play in all aspects. In that setting Melo always looks good. Seems like a chill team mate and his wife is pretty. All around good guy.
>>
>>69147269
It doesn't even matter, the players they have are gonna win by 20+ every game.

Also the 04 team managed to win bronze despite having Carlos Boozer which is impressive
>>
Popovich is going to be found out against the much superior foreign coaches
>>
>>69147269
I don't think so. 2004 was a combination of horrible team chemistry, selfishness, and "lol this will be easy". Since then, it seems that every national team we've sent out to the Olympics or FIBA has taken it seriously, which is why we win by 20 almost every game.

>>69147919
It really is cool to see how great Melo is for the national team. Makes me wish he played for a decent team instead of the Knicks.
>>
>>69147269
difference is 2016 has a lot of lockdown defenders like george, green, lowry, and thompson. 2004 has none
>>
>>69153384
I get sick of hearing how Melo is a cancer to the Knicks: he's really only miscast as the Nuggets' or Knicks' ace.
>>
File: 7tNjIOt.png (615 KB, 748x878) Image search: [Google]
7tNjIOt.png
615 KB, 748x878
>>69147269
I bet Draymond gets Zika
>>
>>69147269
>Lelbron
>Iverson
>Melo
>All on the same team

When you have three high-volume, one-on-one players on the floor at the same time, you're going to have trouble. That should be pretty obvious.
>>
where is Lelbron?
>>
>>69153666
Someone needs to shop him as bubba from Forrest gump.
>>
>>69153721
that's why the knicks are trying to have rose, melo and wade all play together well past their primes
>>
>no lebron
>no curry

Just give us the gold, lads
>>
>>69153612
He has a decent supporting cast if the Knicks actually land Wade. Stoudemire was cancer because he didn't want to give up his team and JR had a bad year and nobody wanted to give him a second chance
>>
>>69147269
The US won the last two world championships with teams than that
>>
>>69147269
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT WAS A HUNDRED AND FIFTY YEARS AGO FAGGOT

NOT
A
SINGLE
TEAM
CAN
BEAT
YOU
IN
BASKETBALL

Serbia has trouble qualifying god damn it and you faced them in the last world final ..... AND WON BY 37
THIRTY-SEVEN

IN A GAME WHERE A QUARTER IS 10 MINUTES

IN
THE
WORLD
FINALS
>>
>>69147295
>Allen Iverson better than Klay Thompson
>manlet with career 42% FG and 0 (zero) rings

kek
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.