[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who's soccer team is better as of now? grown ups are talking,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: wc-england-v-usa-356.jpg (26 KB, 356x230) Image search: [Google]
wc-england-v-usa-356.jpg
26 KB, 356x230
who's soccer team is better as of now?
grown ups are talking, only serious replies now.
>>
File: 1465309155786.jpg (22 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
1465309155786.jpg
22 KB, 310x310
hahaHAHAHAH to a bunch of fucking dentists **LITTLE ENGLAND** HAHAHA
>>
>>69143292

Talent wise, its not even close. HOWEVER, England has tendency of choking against inferior soccer nations, and USA has propensity of winning in unlikely situations.

Advantage US.
>>
Do you Americans think you can handle a dentist?
>>
>>69143292
england are much more talented and marginally worse.

The US regularly get results that they shouldnt, while England does the opposite.
>>
England will be better by next world cup, because they'll have a competent manager
>>
>>69143292
England is better on paper, they have a better player at every position on the field. But when you consider how much England chokes in major tournaments, I think >we would have a decent shot against them if we were to meet in the World Cup again.

>>69143457
We couldn't even handle Cool Runnings.
>>
>>69143457

we played pretty well against iceland in the friendly, albeit being a friendly
>>
>>69143292
i think we took 10 steps back

the england manager might be retarded tho
>>
>>69143292
we lost by 4 to a team that scored 0 (zero) goals in the final, we are not a good team.
>>
we don't have the goat players we had in 2010 but our team right now could easily take england if something is at stake If it's just a normal friendly they would trounce us, they need some pressure to choke.
>>
>>69143292
USA easily. England is only good on paper.
>>
You guys underestimate the shittyness of Klinsmann. We have a player starting in the midfield of a Champions League team in the Bundesliga. Klinsmann plays him at leftback while we've been playing musical chairs for 2 years at the outside mid position trying to find somebody who can play there.
>>
we have no talent. they have no plan

we're both fifty years removed from relevancy
>>
If both teams played their most recently fielded teams (and managers) USA would likely win no problem.

We suck.
>>
>>69143619
we dont beat anyone easily
>>
>>69143650
Klinsmann plays him at left back because we don't have a left back. We have Wood, Pulisic, and Zardes as wingers.
>>
>>69143650
Who else would you play at LB?
>>
>>69143663

>costa rica
>second game against guatemala
>>
The US always overperforms and England always underperforms.
This refball in 1966 seemed to have cursed them eternally, their media and public wants the impossible and that destroys them mentally apparently.
They need to be a bit more like robots, but they take everything too seriously just like Argentina who also never win anything again.
It doesn't matter how great or how bad an English squad is, they could play with 11 professionals who are apparently the best on their respective positions against mere students and would still lose.
>>
>>69143663
Costa Rica was pretty easy.
>>
>>69143650
Right, Johnson should be moved up and at left back Klinsmann will play.......who, exactly?
>>
>>69143292
England. US tends to play up to the level of better opponents but they're certainly the lesser team
>>
>>69143292
Ok, serious talk, England.
USA is making great progress, but English football is still miles ahead of American Football. Now, if USA keeps making progress and England keeps declining, we might see the tables turning in 5 to 10 years.
However, that's suppousing England keeps getting worse. The new manager might help.
>>
>>69143678

striker, guy he doesn't play, striker

>>69143680

Villafana starts at LB for a La Liga team and actually does a good job at defending. We wouldn't know because Klinsmann has done zero when it comes to finding another LB so Johnson can move up. We have options to try out, Klinsmann never does.
>>
>>69143842

i meant to type Liga MX team
>>
When was the last time Englel has reached a semifinal?
>>
>>69143842
lichaj doesn't get reps either
>>
>>69143754
>miles ahead

>lose to a part time dentist

We need a tactician of a coach, not Klinsmeme if we were to be a top 10 team. We already have some upcoming youth talent and a solid base of players in Wood, Pulisic, Brooks and Johnson to build on. Chile has comparable talent to the US, if you exclude Bravo Sanchez and Vidal and they've managed to win 2 cups which was all on the coaching because let's face it, no Chilean other than Vidal and Bravo would be in Argentina's starting XI. In other words teamwork and tactics >>>>>>> player talent
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9p0LEmFvuw

/thread
>>
The problem with the US MNT and I've said this for years is that many of your great Euro teams play for similar or even the same club teams. That nasty Spain team from years ago read like "Barca Barca Madrid Barca Madrid Barca Madrid etc." For the US team you have one guy from some MLS team and another from the bench spot in Ligue 2 or some shit and they can't build chemistry fast enough. Klinsmann's tactics are from the Cold War era and even the best players on the team would be instantly replaced by a laughingstock like Sturridge if he suddenly became an American. So no, England is still the better squad even if they're choking dogs. (They are choking dogs, btw)
>>
>>69143907
I agree. If nothing else, at least we went put to perennial chokers Argentina that have players like messi, mascherano, aguero, di maria, higuan, etc instead of siggurdson and 10 literally who's. If you wanna judge it like that, usa>England without a doubt. I honestly believe we would have close to a 50/50 chance of beating England on any given day. Don't get me wrong, they certainly have better individual players, but the national team is obviously in shambles and ha's been for years
>>
USMNT has little world class talent but play with heart every single game

England clearly has the superior talent but they play down to their opponent's level, and usually that bites them in the ass
>>
File: 1467333214233.jpg (134 KB, 599x649) Image search: [Google]
1467333214233.jpg
134 KB, 599x649
englel is in fucking shambles anyway
>>
both teams have played worse than they could of late thanks to abysmal coaching, but even giving each team a stellar coach and a few years to flourish under their system i still can't see the US edging out England. we don't have the environment to produce superstars like Rooney because we treat mediocre players like Bradley like they're the salt of the earth.
>>
>>69144768

>both teams have played worse than they could of late

you wut. Nobody expected us to make it out of the group, and we nearly beat columbia for 3rd place
>>
Wales would probably give USA a harder time.
>>
>>69143292

I would back the USA to go further than us in 2018. The England team has been a shambles for most of the last 20 years.
>>
>>69143878
>>
>>69147508
>>69143878
Wrong, my bad. It was in 1996.
>>
>>69143292
USA
At least atm
>>
>>69147519
too bad southgate declined the position desu

i was already looking forward to the memes when they get k/o in 2018 by penulties
>>
England's brave Welshmen are in the semis of a relevant competition, so they're probably still better than the yanks
>>
>>69147569
They have to first qualify for the WC and then they have to make it out of the group stage.
>>
>>69147747
nah they always do well at qualifying, thats why its always hyped
>>
>>69147759
>1994
>2008
>>
>>69147801
>2 out of numerous results

get on the memetrain
>do well in qualys
>choke
>>
>>69144002
That's a bit unfair to klinsmann I think his tactics are very progressive and he's made te USA quite a stable team.
>>
>>69147368
We at least had a half decent team over a decade when gerrard, lampard, terry, beckham, cole, ferdinand, owen were playing.
>>
File: 1458261357389.jpg (66 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1458261357389.jpg
66 KB, 722x349
>>69144309
>2010 was 6 years ago
>>
>>69143292
How do you judge? What criteria?

Unless they play each other it's difficult to say.
>>
>>69143457
Dentists? We can handle oral surgeons.
>>
>>69143292
If it was held in a neutral site like China or something where no one gave a shit about either of the teams, I'd say it would turn out a draw. England can't finish and the U.S. can't start.

0-0 FT
>>
>>69144002
>Klinsmann's tactics are from the Cold War era

We're playing 5-3-2?
>>
depends who >we get in as manager desu
>>
In terms of individual quality, England is better. Although the only important thing is how well they play as a team and because our manager was fucking retarded, I'd say we're a worse team.
>>
United States of America, without a shadow of doubt.

Football is a sport which require individual technics, and collective work, but also moral strength.

US team would beat England because the later are only mercenaries who don't care about their shirt.
>>
The English team is just like Brazil.

Lots of expensive players bt no passion for the NT.

Both NTs are so dull on the field...
>>
>>69152686
Its saddens me more that Brazil is like this. Brazil were always a team I enjoyed watching.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.