[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Muh best player in the last 20 years >Muh best player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10
File: photo.jpg (965 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
965 KB, 2048x2048
>Muh best player in the last 20 years
>Muh best player at the euros

Can't even hit the ball when he's alone

he's a fucking disgrace
>>
How many times did he carry the national team before ?

Oh.
>>
He's been more of a liability to the team than any actual help. This is undeniable.
If you still think he's the best current player after watching that game against Poland, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>69118676
>If you still think he's the best current player

Messi has been the best player in the world since he turned 20
>>
>>69117730
Yes, he was helpfull against Sweden and even against Hungary, however

in all the other games in this euro he has been pure shit, not even talking about his free kicks. 4 out of 7 went into the wall.
>>
name a better european player

pro-tip: you can't
>>
>>69118848
Messi
>>
>>69117626
At least he didn't choke on the penalty like Missi. It's also statistically unlikely he keeps missing easy goals. Give the man a break, he works hard and loves his country.
>>
>>69118848
Gareth Bale
>>
>>69118848
Pepe
>>
>>69118848
In most European teams it's not about being a star but about being a team player, helping your team, bringing your team to the victory.

>Zlatan
>Messi
>Ronaldo
>Neymar
>Bale

Take these out and the complete team is not able to compete anymore. Their teams are just on the field to "stage" the stars.

Look at Germany, every player is replaceable without causing the team any trouble.

Football is a team sport and if you think it's ok to reduce the whole pride of your nation's team to just one player there's something wrong with your nation('s football association).
>>
>>69117626
I don't understand posts like these.

You can think what you want about him - I'd say that he's nowhere near the best, but I don't get why people from his own country shit on him.

If anything, Ronaldo really vindicated himself in this EURO - he showed that he is not an arrogant, selfish prick who ignores the team just to pad stats. He's pressing really well, defending a lot, and just putting a high work rate into every game.

Yes, his finishing has been wank, but seriously, how can you shit on a player who obviously tries his best in every domain and gives it his all for his country, especially since he does not lack the skill to play in the team?

He has been let down by his finishing, that is true, but it is not like he is perhaps the best finisher on the planet. If you just do some simple regressions, you'll notice that Ronaldo's shots give much higher expected goals than shots from other strikers from the same positions, because his finishing is simply better.

Therefore, it is wrong to imply that he is bad, he just had some bad luck in a handful of games. It means nothing for the upcoming games, as 3 games dont change the fact that he's great at finishing. It is still much likelier that he'll score from a good position than anybody else, so this thread is fucking stupid.
>>
>>69119074
it's more about delusional people who claim he's anywhere near Messi's level
Donaldo is an excellent player though
>>
>>69118999

just because you play "le bunker and then speedy counter attack" ball doesn't mean you can call other teams bad for having stars. You have the fortune of having Argentina/France/Netherlands/Brazil want to beat you so they attack, but as soon as a team like Italy or Ghana park the bus or Spain prefers to keep possession than attack, your team starts to break and struggles immensely.
>>
>>69119132
>it's more about delusional people who claim he's anywhere near Messi's level

So, literally nobody on /sp/? Ronaldo is one of our favorite memes ever since he TSUUU'd at the ballon d'or, but other than that, nobody seriously claims that he's the best player.
>>
>>69119074
>If anything, Ronaldo really vindicated himself in this EURO - he showed that he is not an arrogant, selfish prick who ignores the team just to pad stats. He's pressing really well, defending a lot, and just putting a high work rate into every game.

You could also see him losing his patience with his team when they play bad, insulting and berating them. He's arrogant.
>>
>>69119297
>You could also see him losing his patience with his team when they play bad, insulting and berating them. He's arrogant.

Okay, you're right about that. What I meant was that he is not arrogant in a way that he thinks "I'm so good that I don't have to defend/run as much as others", he's thoroughly professional and does everything to maximise his chances of winning. He's conceited and has zero tolerance for people who are worse than him, but he still does whatever he can to win
>>
>>69117626
He is just a good player like every good player.
That he gets hyped to be some kind of legend is just media.

He is a god player and a big marketing success.
>>
>>69119297
We don't know if he's insulting them tbf. It could just be another case of a veteran shouting at the younger players to keep them focused.
>>
>>69119074
I'm not poortuguese

most people here will defend him even when he fucks up.
>>
Moutinho handed him the winner on a plate
>>
>>69119241
Maybe not on /sp/, but there are plenty of people in real life who believe it. Nike, Real Madrid, and Ronaldo himself have all put a lot of time and money into promoting that image.
>>
>>69119241
The fifa claimed it by giving him the Balloon d'Or

Also Memet Scholl claimed it yesterday.
>>
>>69117626

at least he didnt miss his penalty.
>>
File: NiceMeme (°L°).png (21 KB, 750x190) Image search: [Google]
NiceMeme (°L°).png
21 KB, 750x190
>>69117626
>>
>>69120408

That would have been adding insult to injury
>>
>>69117626
kill urself Rolando
>>
File: Dumbledore.jpg (24 KB, 411x464) Image search: [Google]
Dumbledore.jpg
24 KB, 411x464
>>69118828
however?
>>
>>69120549

With only double the attempts!
>>
He's been utterly awful and I feel he's quite the cancer behind the scenes.
>>
>>69120549
At least he tries, r-right?
>>
is anyone else tired of this shit?
he's a fucking Gonzalo Higuain with a loud mouth
does nothing but stat pads against minnows and when the time comes he does nothing under the lights
where has he been in the Champions League finals? where has he been in the Euros?

Gareth Bale has proved he is the star, he is the one that got the Copa del Rey for Real Madrid, he is the one that did everything for the 2 Champions League trophies in the finals.
Ronaldo is fucking sideshow bob with a new haircut every match. That's all he is there for. Fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>69119132
>messi
>not playing in one of the most stacked clubs in history

He literally gets exposed everything time he plays with the Argies.

I cried tears of happiness when he missed the pk. That tax evading overrated autistic manlet deserved it.
>>
What is it with all these fucking poortugal faggots coming out?
>>
>>69118848
All of them.
>>
>>69120738
Chicano u mad?
>>
>>69120745

Messi gets the ball from his own half and drives through 4 players to dump it to his "star forwards" that miss every shot. Don't fucking compare the greatest player our generation has seen to some circus act like Cristiano
>>
>>69120675
In only double Griezmann's playing time !
>>
>>69120738
>he's a fucking gonzalo Higuain
I stopped right there, you're a fucking retard. Case closed.
>>
>>69120549
>39 attempts

Isn't that like half of Portugals attempts?
>>
If you want to see a true GOAT watch this for 13 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rftoMXeGp0

No one will ever play at this level. Ronaldo looks like a fucking disposable candy dispenser compared to a real GOAT
>>
>>69120804
>Messi gets the ball from his own half and drives through 4 players to dump it to his "star forwards"
He also misses decisive penalties too.
>GOAT
>>
>>69120804
He only did it 2 or 3 times during the whole game you retarded nigger the rest of the game he didnt do anything just like the last Copa and the WC. Idk why retards like you keep on saying the se shit. He is a hack everything he doesnt play with Barca hes exposed.

Kek
>>
>>69120857

he made all of his argentina penalties for the past 10 years motherfucker, there's only so many you can make before you falter. As cristiano said, "it's lottery"
Maradona also missed his penalty against Yugoslavia in the world cup, I guess that takes away everything he's done as well? fuck off. I don't even know why I come to this board filled with braindead baboons.
>>
>>69120857
Well, so did Baggio.

Ronaldo is a bit wasteful with chances, he shoots too much.
But his presence is probably positive, Ronaldo on the pitch means there's less pressure from defenders on the other players.
The problem is that Ronaldo doesn't exploit that himself, he should be more of a playmaker when playing for Portugal instead of shooting on sight.
>>
>>69120923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbkRApq9qY
>>
>>69120923

>Ronaldo on the pitch means there's less pressure from defenders on the other players.

This would be great if there was anyone on the team who could take advantage of it
>>
I'm so sick of this faggot and shit teams winning by a Mario party mini-game.

This semen slurping sport might not be for me.
>>
If Portugal had balls they would stop playing Ronaldo. Or at least drop into a wing or midfield position.

No one is capable of passing to him... it's pretty sad, but the solution is to drop him back and have him play through balls to Nani or Quaresma, since he's the only one who can pass. That through ball he played to Nani against Hungary was class.

They won't do that though because everyone is intimidated by the TSUUU.
>>
>>69119566
Not we wont, the medias does but most of us were apalled at his finishing yesterday. An average striker would finish at least half of his shots better than he does.

And most of us know that he always disappears in big games, an absolute non factor.
>>
>>69120995
That's true also.

Portugal is pretty shit.

>>69121028
>that through ball he played to Nani against Hungary was class.
It was

I would be pretty hype if they position him deep next game.
>>
>>69119161
>you in charge of reading comprehension
>>
>>69118906
Except for penalties. Oh way. Wasn't there a hormone for that? kek
>>
>>69120909
Him making penalties against bum fuck peru doesn't mean shit. Quite frankly the Copa America is a mickey mouse cup anyway, he had 1 real team to beat and he failed. The best chance they had all game was from a chile mistake.
>>
>>69120923
I always thought his refusal to play make held him back, he's a much better passer than people give him credit for. People always complain about him being invisible, but he's playing his position as a striker. If he can not get service, he can not affect the game.
>>
>>69119241
I know many people irl who considers him better than or at least messis equal.
>>
File: hansa.jpg (336 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
hansa.jpg
336 KB, 1500x1000
>>69119718
>>69119241
Are you two joking?
This board is full of retards who think PK7 is the best in the world
It's proof this place is full of retards who don't watch football
>>
>>69120995
memes aside Nani has done so fairly well this tournament. maybe Sanches can do it better in the future.

>>69121126
this so much. Argentina has walked to the final every edition except 2011 for the past decade+ and they chocked hard every time.
>>
>>69121168
His early days in England he was great as a playmaker.
I think he's great as a pseudo-poacher too but in a shit NT like Portugal you simply can't flourish with a poacher.

>>69121241
>chocked hard every time.
Aguero and Higuain have been pretty bad especially.
I don't blame Messi too much, he's fucked up less than those two.
>>
File: 1467168251057.jpg (95 KB, 950x573) Image search: [Google]
1467168251057.jpg
95 KB, 950x573
>penaldo thread full of literal faggots defending their boipussy by obsessing over Messi
Kek
>>
>>69118999
Portugal is actually loaded with quality midfielders and Nani is playing great. Ronaldo does nothing to help the team on defense and on offense all he does is stay up top and cherry pick. And he is missing 2 easy goals pretty much every game. Other than vs Hungary and in the end vs Croatia, Ronaldo has dragged the team down
>>
>>69121307
they've choked long before Higuain and Aguero were even a thing.
>>
File: news317d.jpg (27 KB, 495x324) Image search: [Google]
news317d.jpg
27 KB, 495x324
>>69121310
Kill yourself you fucking retard, this happens to all top players
>>
>>69121218
>ameritard
>>
File: 2cwsnz6.jpg (38 KB, 606x370) Image search: [Google]
2cwsnz6.jpg
38 KB, 606x370
>>69121310
>>
>>69121361
kek, i remember him giving away a penulty against the greeks in 04
>>
On a side note
>2006–07 Kaka
Just how good can a player be?
Kaka was tremendous that Champions League
>>
>>69121389
t. spic
>>
File: 20160622_114159-1.jpg (252 KB, 362x854) Image search: [Google]
20160622_114159-1.jpg
252 KB, 362x854
>>69119074
You obviously haven't been watching Portugal. Ronaldo basically stands there and complains that his teammates dont pass him the ball every game, plays no defense, and doesn't come back into the midfield to help on offense like Zlatan, Lewy, and Messi have been doing
>>
>>69121436
>americlap
>>
>>69121402
>that kaka goal vs Man UTD
>>
>>69121448
What games have you been watching. I literally saw him chase down defensive players vs poland.
>>
>>69121361
>that old ass pic
lmao
Post something from the last five years at least
>>
>>69121470
t. Chicano
>>
>>69121501
That's the thing he hasnt watched any of the games he just fell for /sp/ memes and is regurgitating everything he sees hoping to seem cool to a bunch of autists
>>
File: image_5625_1.jpg (19 KB, 450x316) Image search: [Google]
image_5625_1.jpg
19 KB, 450x316
>>69121513
dont look too much into it m8, theres pics like this for every player
>>
>>69121501
I've watched every one of his games just focused on Ronaldo.
>>
>>69121550
>ameriburger
>>
File: 20160630_165839-1.jpg (886 KB, 1152x897) Image search: [Google]
20160630_165839-1.jpg
886 KB, 1152x897
>>69121575
Again I've watched every game focusing just on #7
>>
>>69119241
This thread just proved you wrong, this place is full of delusional Cristina fangirls
>>
>>69121513
>implying it matters

Now i know your underage.
Why arent you in summerschool?
>>
>>69121671
You obviously haven't because you posted a lie. He ran back to own his half multiple times to cover polish centerbacks in advanced positions. You're also reluctant to acknowledge that he has to stay up high at the pitch because he's playing an advanced role for portugal he has to stay high to get the counter attack going. Messi plays deeper on the pitch.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME5TH41MrEQ
>>
>>69121671
Sure you have.

Why so obssesed if you hate him so much?

Have you taken your medication lately?
>>
>>69120745
You have no idea how Messi plays for Argentina
>>
>>69118848
Literally Pazdan

CR7 hasn't done shit but miss chances yesterday.
>>
>>69121761
To be fair i didnt watch him closely vs Poland bc i was so excited i was doing a lot of texting and reading /sp/. But i was bored vs Croatia, Hungary and his 3 games in group and just focused on watching him. I'll have to rewatch vs Poland
>>
>>69121804
I saw most of the Copa games this year and last year including all of the argie games and the WC games. Tell me how does he play you fucking retard.

Pro tip: he does jack shit.
>>
>>69118999
actually this Euro it has been the team carrying Ronaldo and not the other way around
>>
>>69120894
>USAian opinion on football
>on anything
>relevant
>>
>>69122254
>frogs
>incharge of not surrendering to Iceland on sunday
>>
>>69121629
Typical americunt liar. We can spot you from the other side of the Atlantic.
>>
>>69121835
>CR7 hasn't done shit
Except for being involved in all 3 goals against Hungary and scorring 2 of them + the penalty last night.

Stay mad, slavo.
>>
He's an emotional wreck. His mates are a terrible influence.
>>
>>69118906

> Argentina
> Europe
> Go back to school, nigger.
>>
>>69119074
This.

Its actually pathetic how his own countrymen are here throwing him under the bus when he's passionate, always tries his best and always plays for his country. The guy has 131 caps at age 31. Thats fucking ridiculous. Sure he's fucking up with his finishing but isn't that we want on a player representing our country? You never see this raw emotion when he plays for Madrid.

You guys are still in the tournament and eventually just by law of averages he will put those chances away.
>>
>>69122455
yeah scoring 2 goals in 5 games is such an achievement

literally gomez tiers (with 1 game more)
>>
>>69122870
>And yet, he's still there.
Where the fuck are you?
>>
Yeah he flubbed like 5 times vs poland.
>>
>all these assblasted penaldo mudslime fangirls
kek
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.