[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got into watching the NBA after this playoff season and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: hm1.gif (2 MB, 507x349) Image search: [Google]
hm1.gif
2 MB, 507x349
I got into watching the NBA after this playoff season and I'm going to follow it as much as I can next season.

I still don't know all that much about the teams though, and my city has no team and I'm not interested in supporting Toronto. I downloaded the NBA app and it asked me who my favourite team was so on a whim I picked the Orlando Magic.

What have I gotten myself into?
>>
Try again. You don't want to be a fan of that shit franchise. Pick huge Timberwolves. They have an up and coming team and are close to Canada.
>>
>>69109034
A
>>
>>69109034
Why don't you want to support the team closest to you? It's nice to have a local team to support. As a rule of thumb, if you don't like the team your town supports, support the teams rival :^)
>>
>>69109218
I have bad emotions toward Toronto due to Hockey. I tried to like the Basketball team but I just find myself hating them. I was continuously rooting for the Heat to win the series, etc.

What is the rival of Toronto then? Does that make me edgy or something, supporting the rival of my country's team?
>>
>>69109218
>support the team's rival
Why the fuck do people do this? In the past ten years the number of fucks wearing stoolers shit in Northeast Ohio has quadrupled.
>>
>>69109246
Bc the Steelers are good and the Browns suck?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-01-00-10-42.png (390 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-01-00-10-42.png
390 KB, 1080x1920
>>69109235
Yeah it makes you edgy but it's the only way you'll get attention from locals, other than supporting the team they support.
The only rivalry they have is the Nets.
This explains it all.
But be wary because the Nets suck more than the Raptors do.
(The lines that got cutoff were: is the "global ambassador" of the Raptors, also adds a celebrity aspect to this rivalry)
>>
>>69109291
kill yourself milennial scum. also the steelers are average. they almost handed the Bengals their first playoff win in 25 years.
>>
>>69109337
I don't really want any attention from anyone, I just want to support a team because it's more fun if I have a horse in the race.

Brooklyn? What are they like as a franchise? The Magic seemed kind of interesting to me though, are they that shitty of a franchise overall?
>>
>>69109034
LeBron is so cute :3
>>
NBA is cool OP, I think you'll like it. As a Magic fan, you could've picked worse, also much better but you wouldn't want to be bandwagoning scum right? :^) The Magic aren't great, >we're coming out of a rebuild but we got a new coach this offseason who is a proven, very talented coach so things are looking good. I expect we'll be competing for a low playoff seed next season barring collapse or overperformance. Hopefully we'll be able to get someone decent in free agency but we might be saving that push for next offseason
>>
>>69109469
They just traded a very valuable asset for another very valuable (but debatably not as good) asset. So if you want to choose them then by all means go for it. It'll be a very interesting season.
>>
>>69109579
You're talking about the Magic? Alright I'll give it a shot. Can I have the name of the asset you're talking about? Or did you mean a draft pick or something?
>>
>>69109469
pick the pistons bro, they have a good history, are located right next to canda, a superstar player and a solid core, will make the playoffs for the next several years, and are not too popular so you will not be seen as a bandwagoner

perfect choice
>>
>>69109034
Why the Magic?
>>
>>69109627
They pretty much gave up Victor oladipo and a few other role players for Serge Ibaka of the OKC Thunder
>>
>>69109634
I agree with this. We have Canadian fans for other Detroit sports too
>>
>>69109634
this, if you dont like the raptors detroit is actually the the next closest team to canada and has a ton of fans from ontario
>>
>>69109627
AHEM. The thunder traded Ibaka (one of their top 3 players ) to the Orlando Magic for their STAR PLAYER Victor oladipo. There's tons on it if you want to read more. But basically in short the magic traded their star player for another player of equal or lesser quality.
>>
>>69109670
Lol thats just sad. Magic suck. Pick a team with a bright young superstar and grow with him as a fan. Anthony Davis in New Orleans is the megastar of the young players
>>
>>69109721
>>69109714
>>69109694
Hm, I have a tough decision to make. Once I make my mind up I don't want to change it so I guess I'll have to do some research into each of these.

I was thinking about the Magic because I liked the name and Orlando seems like an interesting city. So not a very good reason, but I figured I didn't have many better reasons to support other franchises.
>>
To be honest though, my Hockey team has never won Stan Lee so I feel like I should support an NBA team that has also never won a championship. So maybe I'll look into New Orleans a bit
>>
>>69109715
Victor oladipo is nowhere near the Magic's star player lmao. Fournier performed better all year and Oladipo came off the bench for most of the season. Oladipo's a good player with a bright future (if he can learn to fucking shoot) but as it stood the Magic had 3 SG's on their roster and someone had to go, management chose Fournier + Hezonja > Oladipo. Still, I think they gave up too much for Ibaka and hopefully he'll turn out well but they badly needed defense and rim protection. Vucevic can't play D for shit
>>
>>69109824
Look at that POTENTIAL
>>
File: losblazers.png (142 KB, 651x641) Image search: [Google]
losblazers.png
142 KB, 651x641
>>69109034
Well, if you watched the playoffs you know already some of the stars and playstyles of each team to pick one, it's just down to that.
>>
>>69109155
FUCKING
>>
bucks or wizards are top choices lad
>>
>>69109034
What is your favorite NHL team? That way we pick out the NBA equivalent of it.
>>
>>69110164
The Canucks. Basically a franchies expert at dashing fans' hopes, drafts and trades like shit, never won Stan Lee, etc. But still usually have have at least some interesting and high-skill players.

Not really sure I want to find an NBA team that gives me as much depression as my hockey team though, kek.
>>
raptors in 4
>>
>Canada
>not supporting raptors
Kys
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.