[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright I feel like an American for suggesting this but whatever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: penalties.jpg (33 KB, 699x451) Image search: [Google]
penalties.jpg
33 KB, 699x451
alright I feel like an American for suggesting this but whatever. what if instead of a regular penalty shoot out, the player has to put the ball further away anywhere on the line I marked red.

foul penalties during the game are still from the penalty spot.

I think it would make it a little bit less based on luck and it would be cooler to watch
>>
It's way easier to ban Portugal, kick them out of Europe and nuke that piece of land
>>
>>69105719
Just play until someone scores. They park the bus knowing there is PKs looming.
>>
>luck

just fucking learn to aim properly

also, hold the penalty shootout before the actual overtime, then play the overtime

if the score is still a draw at the end of the overtime, the team that won the shootout wins

if not, the team that won the overtime wins

this way, the team that lost the shootout would have no other choice than to attack
>>
>>69105719
what about a series of free kicks and set pieces instead?
>>
>tf
>t-

Oh fuck this isn't an American

>>69105771
>tf
>tt
>>
Just make them start to run with the ball from the center like a hockey penalty.

Allow the goalkeeper to move where he wants
>>
>>69105975
Thats actually a good system
>>
Thats actually not a bad idea. The penalty time would be longer but fuck it. Kind of like a free kick outside the penalty box shootout. Even as a portugeese, I like it
>>
>>69105975
This isn't bad either.

Isn't it great to see the ideas France can come up with when it's not being shot up or in a full bukkake hold out
>>
File: P1030449.jpg (139 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
P1030449.jpg
139 KB, 1600x1200
If the match is tied after extra time, the tie is awarded to the team with best goal differential in prior matches of the tournament. This is known before the game starts, so the unfavorable team will know that it needs to win. It also discourages parking the bus in the group rounds because you may need goals to advance in the knockout round. And therefore if you are expert bus parkers in the groups and you try that shit in the knockouts, then you lose.
>>
>>69105719
I like it. However would it tip the shootout too much in goalie's favour?
>>
>>69105975
This.

>>69111225
MLS tried it before. It got scrapped.
>>
>>69105975
>also, hold the penalty shootout before the actual overtime, then play the overtime
>if the score is still a draw at the end of the overtime, the team that won the shootout wins
>if not, the team that won the overtime wins
>this way, the team that lost the shootout would have no other choice than to attack

this makes no difference to how things already are though. currently, the shitter team will generally sit back and defend and force penalties cos they have more chance of going through than actually playing football. in your system the team that's already won the shootout would do the same thing.
>>
>>69105719
i would do it the other way around. foul penalties are most of the time really unfair so they should be a bit harder. i'm fine with the penalty shootout at the end of the game because it's a face to face with the goalie like in a western. it's a bit about luck but it's also about keeping your nerves. skill doesn't have to be involved, there was a 120min match for that
>>
>>69105975
>France actually has a good idea

Some call the fucking pope to bless this guy, and FIFA and UEFA to implement this.
>>
Why was the golden goal rule scrapped anyway? I thought that one was fun.
>>
>>69105975

this is f brilliant.
>>
>>69113073
Ended up with both teams playing safe and waiting for pens, didn't really work
>>
>>69105719
Can't polish a turd, soccer will never be watchable to me
>>
>>69111196
To be honest Australia deserves that meme just as much too
>>
>>69105975
>this way, the team that lost the shootout would have no other choice than to attack
yeah and the other team would just park the bus. brilliant idea
>>
What if the player has to take the PK from wherever he was fouled like a normal free kick, the only difference is no opposing players can stand in the box?
>>
>>69115741
as opposed to both team parking the bus in a great contest of nothingness we currently have most of the time
>>
>>69113123
Australia with the banter!
Will football ever recover from this?
>>
>>69105755
Oh you!
>>
>>69105975
This is pretty good, but tradition won't allow it. Alas
>>
>>69105975

>france suggests a way to win without having to actually win at the end

quelle surprise
>>
>>69116095
but France wins at the end, Ken'ichiro-Tyrone
>>
>>69115882
Blatter and Platini are no longer around, so the chance of it happening is real now.

I'd also make the sequence fairer, like using the Thue–Morse sequence or the sequence that tennis tiebreaks use.
>>
>>69105975
Anticlimactic as fuck though. I'd rather we had semen slurping during the game, not at the end.
>>
>>69115829
FIFA officials on suicide watch
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.