[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>baseball will die in your lifetime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 20
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-25.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
>baseball will die in your lifetime
>>
football will probably die first
>>
uh? what makes you say that?
>>
>>69086984
Have you seen how empty baseball stadiums are? Even for top teams.

It's too slow and boring. It's not 1948 anymore where popop would put the game on the radio while he fixed the truck and mom made a pie. People have smart phones and cable TV and shit to do now. No one wants to sit around for 4 hours and watch 2 guys throw a ball back and forth unless you're 90 and in a nursing home.
>>
>>69086920
I really hope it does so your american kids entirely switch to the one and true sport: soccer. And so you to become good at this
>>
File: 1363230178339.jpg (14 KB, 150x200) Image search: [Google]
1363230178339.jpg
14 KB, 150x200
>>69086920
>millenials won't die in your lifetime
>>
>>69087597
>have you seen how empty baseball stadiums are

No
>>
>>69087597
Attendance is fine and it makes more money than the NBA and NHL
>>
>>69086981

They both need to go desu
>>
Oh look it's the guys with a fatherless childhood up to their old tricks again. :( I feel bad for you guys that grew up without a dad to play catch with. :/
>>
>>69086920
>>69086981
>>69087597
>>69087972
You need to go back.
>>
Boreball is shit and the only people that watch it are 70+.

It's literally on borrowed time.
>>
>>69088020
>his dad didn't love him enough to teach him a non-antiquated sport by throwing a pigskin with him
>>
>>69087721
Lmao kids already play soccer here. It's a kid's sport
>>
>Baseball will die in your lifetime
>You will die before witnessing Blernsball
>>
>I don't watch a certain sport, therefore no one does
>>
>>69088020

i played catch with my dad but i still think baseball is boring to watch
>>
>>69088427
that's why more people saw USA vs Belgium than the superbowl :-')

And why the nba finals had less viewers than game of thrones lmao

both of those are dying
>>
File: 1463777501415.jpg (102 KB, 1024x1001) Image search: [Google]
1463777501415.jpg
102 KB, 1024x1001
>>69086920
>this myth will die in your lifetime
>>
>>69091213
>more people saw USA vs Belgium than the superbowl :-')
Maybe internationally, but I would be willing to bet my life on the fact that more Americans watched Super Bowl XLVIII than any game in the 2014 world cup
>>
Boomers have just begun to die off. Over he next 30 years, baseball will decline steadily as they go before leveling off. I don't see this as a good or bad thing, just reality.
>>
>>69087967
only because they play a fuckton more games. If the NBA had that many games they would make way more.
>>
>>69086920
>says the increasingly nervous man for the 80th time this year

baseball will never die just let it go

>NBA will take over baseball in the 80s!
>NBA's best year was equal to MLB's lesser or worst year
>NHL will take over baseball!(60s)
>never did
>NFL will destroy baseball!
>are both financial giants almost near equal in it , have created a partnership and stopped competing decades ago instead fuck over the NBA at any given time
>>
>>69086920
handegg too lel
>>
>the more 3rd world the US gets the more soccer will get popular here

Bill Burr was right.
>>
>>69087597
>It's not 1948 anymore
why did you have to remind me ;_;
>>
>>69087597
>cable tv
baseball is dying precisely because cable tv is dying too. no more tv deals in the billions when people keep cutting the cord. the only people that watch cable tv are old people too so baseball is gonna live on the immidiate future but young people dont have cable tv and baseball is too slow for the digital age.
>>
>>69092739
>germany in 1948

Your country barely existed.
>>
>>69092365
baseball dies when baby boomers all die.
>>
Honestly it's never gonna die.
Biggest contracts than any US sport
Expensive tv deals across regions
Attendance is steady
Parity parity parity
Kids still play t-ball, baseball, softball

Sure it's not as marketed as heavily as NFL or even NBA but that doesn't meant people don't follow their teams throughout the summer.

Why do you hate baseball in the first place?
>>
>>69092894
People still watch live sports which baseball indeed is.

And fuck this shit that the youth doesn't watch. Go to any game and there are thousands of people under 25.

Basketball also is only on cable and you aren't saying it's dying either
>>
>>69092894
>baseball/basketball/football/hockey is dying precisely because cable tv is dying too. no more tv deals in the billions when people keep cutting the cord. the only people that watch cable tv are old people too so baseball is gonna live on the immidiate future but young people dont have cable tv and baseball/basketball/football/hockey is too slow for the digital age.
baseball is not the only sport that takes tv deals silly goose

>>69093016
>this delusion
>>
>>69093016
A lot of outdated bullshit will die with them. The world is going to dramatically change in the next 20 years between them dying and minorities ruining the US
>>
>>69093036
>biggest tv deals
cable tv is dying. there is no longer that unlimited cash flow from cable tv anymore. everything is going to move OTT now and young people just aint into the sport.
>>
>>69093101
>delusion
when you point 1 finger at me 3 point back at you.
>>
>>69093144
This. I haven't had cable for 5 months. Shit is cash and I save cash too. I hope more people are doing this.
>>
>>69093107
minorities run the US because of boomer white guiltness. though latinos can make AMerica less PC. If you havent already watch Spanish tv you can see its very un-Puritan. Feminists will hate it.
>>
>>69093107
>The world is going to dramatically change

For the worse. Can't wait for a world where twitter opinions have political and cultural relevance more than they do already.

Millennials are literally the worse bunch of faggots humanity has ever conceived.
>>
>>69093204
>even in its worst years(steroid scandal) business was booming
>along with football is consistently growing
>hasn't had a down year in over 40 years iirc
>mexicans are watching and playing it so much more than expected cucking MLS fags and soccer fags in the process
>international sport more so than basketball , football and maybe even hockey
>one last time a consistent billion dollar industry that is most likely going to stay consistent for another 20 years
even cubans in the states are trying to keep their teams afloat in miami and tampa(lel)

the future may be more spics but its helping mlb survive and as dodgers stadium has shown the two can co-exist
>>
>>69093289
I have season tickets to the MLS in a high latino market every time the opposition goal kicks they yell PUTO. The hipsters despise it but refused to label it as a latino thing.
>>
What's with all the redundant soccer threads on /sp/ all the time? This place fucking sucks now.
>>
Soccer is way worse and boring than baseball. I dont wanna watch 22 nigger faggots flop and pretend to die everytime there pussies get fingered. Baseball has 450 foot homers and crazy diving catches. The best thing about soccer is when the fans go crazy and half of Europe dies
>>
>>69093498
>steroids
no one but puritans give a shit if people use drugs let alone drugs that actually make you get gainz

>growing
topkek, the WS tv ratings go down every year. its the lowest it has ever been.

>havent had a down year
you mean strikes? can't or elese it will kill the sport quicker.

>mexicans are watching it
Northern Mexicans only care and sadly in your case Southern Mexicans are the ones migrating here not Nortenos. Also to think baseball is more popular than soccer or boxing for a mexican is hilarious.
>more international than basketball
no, basketball is popular in all of continents especially the relevant ones of Europe and North America. Baseball is popular only in communist nations like Cuba or Venezuela.
>consistent billion dollar inustry
....that relied on the cable tv industry which is dying thanks to young people not buying cable tv but opting for netflix.
>>
in 30 years it'll probably be

>nba at the top tier
>mlb, nhl, and mls floating around some vague ether beneath the nba
>nfl literally won't exist because of the awful long-term injuries and terrible economic decisions of the league. there will probably be a new handegg league that will take a decade or two to get to the level nfl was at after the nfl goes under
>>
>>69087597
It's not 1948 anymore
FUCK YOU
>>
It's a great feel
>>
>>69087597
The worst attended baseball team would be middle of the road in NBA or NHL, and thats on a per game basis even though MLB has twice as many games.

You have no fucking clue what youre talking about.
>>
>>69093204
Except there's way more people telling you you're a baiting moron every time you make this thread.
>>
>>69093547
DESU if you are a right wing non-PC type you gotta love beaners because their culture is very anti PC and masculine in the treatment of women. its a banter culture. Shit like 12 Corazones or the chicks in skimpy dresses on Republica Deportiva wouldnt fly on an english channel because of the SJWs.
>>
>>69093752
this is the most level-headed post I've seen in this thread
people saying baseball is gonna die are false flagging football babbies that are afraid of the day when the entire player base goes on strike for an entire generation the and league goes bankrupt
>>
Went to a few Baseball games myself and i can't understand why you guys made this sport popular. Had more fun trying to understand the rules than watching it. The nachos were great though, also had a free cap.
>>
>b-baseball is dying
t. basketball americans
>>
>>69092185
No, MLB teams draw more per game, regardless of how many they play.

Average attendance per game:
MLB: 30,366
NBA: 17,319

Eat a dick faggot
>>
>>69087597
Yet even the worst teams still get more attendance per game than any other sport here but football.
>>
>>69093920
Which teams did you watch
>>
You really have to grow up with it in order to see the appeal. Growing up anywhere but New York, Boston and maybe Chicago thanks to two baseball teams (and delusional Cubs fans) is shit tier for baseball. Asking someone from, say Denver or Seattle, is going to say they hate baseball.
>>
File: Chart-4.jpg (85 KB, 617x408) Image search: [Google]
Chart-4.jpg
85 KB, 617x408
The meme that American youth aren't into baseball is just that, a meme.

The MLB's has more frequent attenders (i.e. real fans) than the all sports aside from the NBA.

And what's the horseshit about cable TV dying?

Cord cutting is another silly myth.

>While 1.2 million Americans have “cut the cord” (consumers ditching their cable bill for online streaming services) in the past four years, that number only accounts for about 1 percent of cable subscribers — hardly the mass exodus that marks the end of paid television.

And if this mass exodus does happen, how do you think these streaming services are going to pay for their costs, which will exponentially rise to unknown levels if they have a user base of 100 or more million?

Yeah, Hulu, currently at 9 million subs, is really going to keep charging 9.99 per month indefinitely.

The cable model will simply transfer over to these streaming services.
>>
>>69093966
NBA arenas dont go into the 30,000 seating range doofus.
>>
>>69093752
>mls
>even on the radar of those other 4

kek
>>
>>69094028
its not cord cutting its cord never'ers. people that wont ever buy cable ever, not just people who cut it. young people aren't cord cutters and never will be because they aint gonna buy into cable tv ever.
>>
>>69093886
>NBA being the top sport is "level headed"

Even current NBA fans are starting to hate their flopping rigged refball nigger sport; they arent attracting any new fans.

MLB has double the revenue of the NBA. If you think basketball will close that gap in 30 years you are a literal retard.
>>
>>69094020
>You really have to grow up with it in order to see the appeal.

No you don't, at least not more than any other sport.
>>
File: 1466307221800.jpg (138 KB, 1050x997) Image search: [Google]
1466307221800.jpg
138 KB, 1050x997
Baseball: White
Hockey : White
Baksetball : Black
Football : Normies of both skin colors
Golf : Old people
Tennis : Nu-Male
Soccer : Newer-male
>>
>>69093734
>not a argument
>exposing yourself as a tv fag
now at this point I would have just let it go because it is obvious by now that you have no clue about what you're talking about or your stance on this in general but I won't because you're just naive and naive people need to read a thing or two
>bringing up things from 20 years ago which didn't affect the league outside the shorten season and still posted a up year
>again this delusion when I'm half mexican and know popular this sport is
>played in 3 euro countries and maybe two asian countries is the equivalent of dozen of latin american countries , japan , korea , parts of china no bigger than basketball
>still talking out your ass like you've gone to school for this shit
read a book , research a bit you're desperate at this point to think baseball is dying because of TV ratings from the giants WS which has always had poor number with the only exception being the angels WS
>>
>>69094042
So what?
>>
>>69093998
Saw the padres against the mets in San Diego and the Giants against a team i don't remember in San Francisco.
>>
>>69094028
Why the fuck do Americans shorten everything?
>MLS, NBA, NFL, MLB

What the fuck man, just mention the sport.
>>
problem with baseball is kind of the opposite of cricket

game is too much in the pitcher/fielding side's favour and it makes for shitty viewing, why not increase the diameter of the bats by an inch or something?
>>
>>69094280
kind of hard to get 30,000 people average per game when areans can't fit 30,000 people.
>>
File: popularsports.jpg (77 KB, 640x504) Image search: [Google]
popularsports.jpg
77 KB, 640x504
>>69094042

And if the NBA has 162 games, with many game on during the day and during weekdays, they wouldn't be able to even fill their arenas to capacity every game.

The NBA isn't really that relevant. Lebron is relevant.
>>
>>69094042
look up the stats from 2015

Even if you were to halve the season for baseball it would still outperform NBA's entire season and that is not even including the concession

we all know NBA is third league tier and has been a step above NHL but you're crazy if you think NBA will overtake baseball any time soon
>>
>>69094211
baseball is the whitest, most patrician sport
>>
>>69094418
this

assblasted shitskins can't handle it
>>
>>69094042
Yet half the teams still can't sellout games.

The truth is that NBA isn't popular in local markets. It gets ratings because it's constantly pushed by ESPN and nignogs around the country are huge bandwagoners. NFL, MLB, and even the NHL gets better local ratings for their teams. None of them are in danger and if you think otherwise, you're a complete asshat.
>>
>>69094418
>baseball is white
>full of cubans, dominicans and veneuzalans
>white
>>
I live in Alabama which baseball team do I support? I used to go to the Nashville Sounds' and The Barons' games but that's minor league. The Braves? Don't they suck ass?
>>
File: fr0g.png (39 KB, 716x592) Image search: [Google]
fr0g.png
39 KB, 716x592
>>69094337
>>69094372
Fucking again.
>sport
>NCAAB

>I play NCAAB
>he is really good at NCAAF
>>
File: images (3).jpg (14 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
14 KB, 267x189
>>69094418
>>69094459
>>
>>69094337
the league is much more important than the sport

we have hundreds of leagues and as silly as it sounds people would think you're bundling independent ball with professional ball

or college ball with professional ball
>>
>>69094541
the south doesn't ahve good professional sports

that's why you're stuck in the containment league of amateur football
>>
>>69094042
The NHL has higher attendance than the NBA dude.

I bet not even 10 NBA teams average 100% attendance so don't say the places are packed
>>
>>69094356
You think team owners are foregoing all that revenue they could be making by building their stadiums too small? That's rich.

How retarded are you exactly?

By your logic MLB is just as popular as NFL, they just built their stadiums too small.
>>
>>69087597
hard for a sport to die when it makes the most money than all the other major sports.
>>
>>69094123

And the cable TV business model will just shift over to these streaming services if streaming gains a monopoly.

Lol at you thinking Netlfix are either going to keep their current price structure and/or not introduce advertisements if they ever become the industry leader.

Streaming is relatively cheap because they are trying to eat into cable's market share.
>>
File: 12.jpg (15 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
15 KB, 256x245
>obesitycollide will kill itself with concussions in your lifetime
>baseball will become the true american sport again
>>
>>69094650
>he's mad because he didn't watch his team that he can walk to the stadium win a national title last year

Ok
>>
>>69094762
with streaming you can't force people to pay for your channel like you did in the cable bundle. sports channels got paid a fixed fee regardless if anyone watched the channel or not because of the bundle.
>>
>>69094561

Quit criticizing shit you know nothing about, you wooden shoe wearing fuck.

If an American says my favorite sport is football, that could mean the NFL or college football or could mean both, thus the distinction.
>>
File: 1463560611030.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463560611030.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>69094863
>he's stuck with amateurr egg because his shithole southern state can't git gud at professional sports

>not to mention the SEC is no longer good rofl

southerncucks are on suicide watch
>>
You fucking retards haven't watched Field of Dreams, have you?

>depression doesn't stop baseball
>2 world wars doesn't stop baseball
>feminism doesn't stop baseball
>draft doesn't stop baseball
>war on terror doesn't stop baseball
>Obama doesn't stop baseball
>no other sport stops baseball
>no matter what has happened, baseball has been the constant

>if you build it, they will come
>>
File: education.jpg (110 KB, 1171x540) Image search: [Google]
education.jpg
110 KB, 1171x540
>>69094650
>>
>>69094863
>this sentence structure
>southern education
man, I thought minorities and foreigners were supposed to be the problem.
>>
>>69094953
>SEC
>no longer good

Confirmed troll. Done replying. Blocked. Reported.
>>
>>69095046
Mason-Dixon wall when
>>
>>69095046
>writing a 100% grammatically correct essay for every online post on a Mongolian cross country skiing forum
>>
>>69086920
18+
>>
>>69094863
>COLLEGE BALL
>WORTH SHIT
L
O
L
>>
>>69095206
it was incoherent mate
>>
>>69094869

The streaming service is the "channel."

Now instead of a cable package, your new streaming world that you think is going to liberate you from ebil cable, will just be:

NBC on demand: 9.99 per month
ABC on demand: 9.99 per month
ESPN on demand: 9.99 per month
FOX Sports on demand: 9.99 per month

etc, etc, etc.

And if a company like Netflix somehow overtakes the entire industry, it will be:

Netflix basic: 69.99 per month
Netlfix basic + movie: 89.99 per month
Netflix total (basic, movie, sports): 109.99 per month.
>>
File: 19138.jpg (24 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
19138.jpg
24 KB, 384x395
>>69094637
>>69094940
I see
That's fucking retarded though. Of course you would like the best league the most. Who the fuck says he likes watching handegg with shoulder pads when and then means the local college instead of the pros.

With charts and talks of the favourite sports in America it should be about the entire sport, not just the big leagues wouldn't it?

Nice going of the jews to have you name their brand as the sport instead of the actual name of the sport though.
>>
>>69095281
I can walk to Bryant Denny Stadium.
They won a national title this year.

You are jealous.
>>
>>69095347
Nobody is jealous of amateur sports you pathetic faggot
>>
>>69095347
Oh, was that your point?

I honestly don't care, but ok.
>>
>>69095426
>>69095425
Lmao enjoy watching your pro sports then. They are literally just entertainment, hardly even a sport at this point.
>>
>>69095026
/thread
>>
bats are too thin

ball never gets hit

make them thicker

or make ball bigger
>>
>>69086920

God I hope so. Fucking boring 'sport' for fatasses. Even worse than the NFL.
>>
>>69095523
>m-muh authenticity

Enjoy justifying an absurdly low talent bar however you can
>>
>>69095335

College football, baseball, and basketball have different rules than their pro equivalents.

Yes, the games are still similar, but these few rule variations make the sport different enough from their counterpart that some people do prefer the college game over the pro game.

For instance, college football is a lot more high scoring and fast paced than NFL football.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 250x250
>>69095654
You are mad
>>
basketball is literally a pleb sport, its soccer for orangutans

american football and baseball are far more nuanced and interesting
>>
>>69095335
you're thinking about this too much

how would you feel if I spouted that soccer is unpopular because I decided to generalize it by looking at the polish league or portugal league because no one watches that

now it would be stupid right? especially when spain and britian's league are immensely popular

you have a soccer league I assume ,so do many other countries in europe, the importance of a minor league/amateur league is not the same as the importance of a professional league right? thats it
>>
>>69095654
>>69095426
>>69095425
>>69095242
>>69094953
>>69094650
>they didn't go to college
>>
College sports should go before Major League Baseball

Who wants to see unpaid amateurs playing lower skilled versions of a pro sport? Cucks who have nothing but "college pride" to hang onto in their worthless lives.

Only people that should ever pay attention to NCAA shit are current students. It's sad otherwise
>>
>>69095991
>UCLA
>southern education worth anything
>>
>>69096023
See
>>69095991
>>
>>69096072
>he values a liberal education
How's that gender studies major goin eh? I'll take my law degree and six figures and enjoy my season ticket to a consistent 100k+ sellout crowd that wins national championships regularly
>>
>>69096203
>>he values a liberal education
>fell for the california is full of liberals meme
>southern education
>>
>>69087597
It gets the most attendance for anything not named football, its attendance is fine. They do need to do some things to speed up the pace so it takes less time
>>
>>69096105
See
>>69096023
>>
>>69096288
>he's so deep within his Marxist education that he doesn't realize how cucked he is
>liberal education
>>
>>69093016
Yeah but what about when millennial baseball fans retire and they'll end up spending all their free time watching baseball? Checkmate atheists
>>
I'm glad some retarded hick has trolled the thread into discussing amateur football rather than OP's bait topic
>>
>>69096342
>brings up communism because the south is stuck in the past
>southern education
>>
>>69096401
>retarded hick
>implying Alabama isn't 76% out of state students
>implying our average ACT isn't 28
>implying we haven't been a top 50 public university for over 30 years
>implying you aren't retarded
>>
>>69096513
>he is gay
Wow dude
>>
>>69095802
the bong gets it
>>
>>69096647
>brings up gays because of his fear of coming out so he assumes others are gay to find a safe spot
>southern education
>>
>>69094337
Because there are more leagues than just ours dumbfuck

>>69094561
No one says this you stupid fucking retard. Go masturbate to your pansy assed soccer players some more.
>>
>>69094312
>watching nlel baseball

There's your problem m8
>>
>>69087597
Top kek, this. Look at all these autistic boreball valley white boi faggots damage control kek

>b-b-b-b-b-but m-m-m-muh boreball is le America's sport! Only rich white men who can afford the equipment can play it!

>3rd world spics are by far the most talented

kek

KEK
>>
OFFICIAL USA SPORTS ASSOCIATION POWER RANKINGS

1. NFL
2. MLB
3. NBA
4. NHL
5. MLS
14. Semi Pro baseball
59. CYO
106. Pop Warner

POWER GAP

9,009. NCAAB
9,010. NCAAF
>>
>>69096934
jesus christ you need help
>>
>>69096761
>calls me gay when I'm banging his gf right now
Oh wait you don't have a gf faggot
>>
>>69095335
Get a clue and come back when you actually understand the situation.
>>
>>69095326
to fail to realize with cable tv non sport fans pay for sports even though they dont watch it with the bundle. with streaming the amoun of money made by sports channels will go down beccause you arent forced to buy a sports channel when you buy netflix.
>>
File: 1466989357259.gif (2 MB, 316x228) Image search: [Google]
1466989357259.gif
2 MB, 316x228
>it's another "our national p-past time isn't d-dying.." episode
Fuck off cumskin, the hispanics and even your white youth is getting into soccer and there's nothing you can do about it lel.
Black people will always prefer basketball and NFL. All the 25+ crowds that enjoy MLB will die off and no one will be there to save it heheheh
>>
>>69095594
My team was just involved in a 27 hit game the other night

Also
>European complaining about uneventful play when he watches soccer

I'll give you a dumb idea just like yours is. Eliminate backward and sideway passes :^)
>>
File: image.png (129 KB, 186x264) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129 KB, 186x264
>>69097027
>mlels that high
>>
>>69097055
>confirmed child
>definitely southern education
>>
>>69097031
Yes indeed you need to kys, boreball freak
>>
>>69096288
Los Angeles sure is and UCLA is definitely libtard infested.
>>
>>69097182
>being a gayferd

Wow dude big tough guy eh
>>
>>69095326
also the way you described netflix is nothing like how it works in real life. there are no tiers. netflix is everything, movies and epsiodes in a non linear format. Netflix CEO already said they have no interest in sports because its over priced as fuck thanks to the cable bundle. Sports tv needs a correction like any stock market does when stocks inflate.
>>
>collelge football

What's even more pathetic are the non-alumni past the age of 25 who religiously follow that shit rather than have a career and watch patrician NFL. Kys collelge footbaw scum
>>
Why can't you just like both NCAAF and NFL? What's with autists on 4chan that argue you can only like one sport?
>>
>>69097302
>>69095991
>>
>>69097431
I go to a UC.
>>
>>69097558
>UC
>ugly cunt
Walked into that one didn't you faggot
>>
>>69087597
Not as passionate as our fans.
>>
>>69097783
Or as yellow
>>
>>69097558
CSU bro here. You in socal?
>>
>>69095805
Eredivisie is actually relatively prestigious for the size of the country.

But anyway.

>>69095335
>Who the fuck says he likes watching handegg with shoulder pads when and then means the local college instead of the pros.
like 50% of football watchers. College ball is enormously popular. I may be biased because I live in Los Angeles where we have 2 competitive college teams and no pro teams, but yeah.
>>
>>69096870
I mean wasn't all that better on the tv.
>>
How do you blubershoots feel about real football becoming the most popular sport in your country within a century?
>>
Fuck off and watch all big 4 sports like a true american.
>>
>>69087597
>empty stadiums
because of 162 game regular season
people can go to a game at any time between May and September. I used to hate baseball until I enjoyed it for its simplicity and comfiness
>>
>>69093036
NBA is marketed so much and is hardly the third most popular sport. He hates baseball because it doesn't have enough player drama and marketing
>>
>>69097027
more like
1.Football (college and pro)
2.MLB
3.College basketball
4.Hockey
25.NBA
50.MLS
>>
>>69102233
It would be commercialized and new rules added every year as american tradition.
>>
>>69102233
never gonna happen. the best soccer teams in the world are in european leagues so they won't be on tv at the right time for enough americans to get into it.
>>
>>69086981
HAHAHA
no
>>
>>69103496
He was saying about """american""" football aka handegg
>>
File: 63666064.jpg (279 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
63666064.jpg
279 KB, 1920x1280
If you don't watch baseball, you're not white tbqh
>>
>ratings highest in years
>more and more parents pushing their kids to play baseball instead of concussionball

Ya nah
>>
>>69103375
Mein nigga
>>
File: 0004.webm (782 KB, 480x304) Image search: [Google]
0004.webm
782 KB, 480x304
> netflix will kill baseball!

oh, children.
>>
File: 1448308177087.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1448308177087.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>mfw I was talking sports with some people at work today and one of them brought up soccer
>>
>>69091607
Probably fairly similar. But i'd wager more people cared about the superbowl and weren't just watching because its a novelty to get daydrunk during once every 4 years
>>
>>69094337
Because we are specifically identifying each league, not the entire sport.
>>
>>69094372
Except during March when every man, woman and child in America suddenly loves college basketball.
>>
>>69092045
>Boomers have just begun to die off.

Legitimately happy about this. Boomers are the worst thing to happen to the modern world.
>>
File: 1437015757405.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1437015757405.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
>>69104935
>t. Poorfag, NEET, communist, millennial
>>
>>69092894
Yet the NBA and NHL are mainly on cable (except for the Finals in both). I don't hear any doomsday predictions on /sp/ about apehoop or furpuck. Just baseball.
>>
>>69087597
Baseball doesn't need to sell out its stadiums every night to be profitable. $9.5 billion in revenue in 2015 isn't that bad.
>>
File: popularsports.jpg (78 KB, 640x504) Image search: [Google]
popularsports.jpg
78 KB, 640x504
>>69087597
>stadiums

Literally irrelevant. It's the >current year, faggot. Most people actually don't have to go to a game to watch it, because we have this nice little thing called a TV.

Polls and merchandise sales are a way better indicator of popularity.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.