[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else feel like a cuck when watching sports? Thankfully
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: fSSh7df.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80 KB, 500x421
Does anyone else feel like a cuck when watching sports? Thankfully I never pay to do it but I still feel humiliated.

Sports people live the dream. They live a monastic life but unlike hardcote academics or business people they don't sacrifice their health, they maximise it. They get their pick of the women. They get pushed to their limits. The sports give their lives meaning. What can compete?
>>
File: 1459583105889.png (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1459583105889.png
4 KB, 225x225
>tfw i'll never make so much money
>>
Well, if you can be a master-level athlete, there are very little that compared when it comes to staying in shape and getting the ladies. The catch is that you have to beat about 100 million other people.
>>
>>69080106
>unlike hardcote academics or business people they don't sacrifice their health, they maximise it
Do you actually believe that?
Most athletes end up having shit for longevity.
>>
This thread is further proof the cuck meme is on the way down. All part of the memeniss-cycle.
>>
>>69080106
depends how much into it you get.

i cringe when i see grown working class men spend a days wages on a football shirt with the name of some guy half his age on it, a guy who earns more in a week than the former does in 5 years.
>>
>>69080762
Yeah people shouldn't spend their money on things hat give them joy or pleasure they should constantly be vigilant for inadvertently financially cucking themselves. That's a life worth living.
>>
>>69080762
stop taking sports so seriously christ
>>
>they don't sacrifice their health

What is CTE?
>>
>>69080847
cuckegg is not a sport
>>
>>69080106
I do
I mean we worship, and spend part of our disposable income on a bunch of niggers and spics with an IQ of about 90 who have the random, useless skill of putting a ball through a hoop, or kicking a ball into a net. Kike owners reap all the benefits, while we take on all the costs on something that doesn't improve your life in any way. Ultimate cuckoldry.
>>
>>69080801
>Middle aged cucks detected
>>
>but unlike hardcote academics or business people they don't sacrifice their health
hardcore academics and business people sacrifice their health? what?
obviously it is the athletes that sacrifice their health. shit makes you cry.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740426/Argentina-legend-Gabriel-Batistuta-begged-doctors-remove-legs.html
>they maximise it
so can you

stop being such a cuck
>>
>>69081187
it's entertainment. just like watching a movie or even reading a book if you stretch the comparison far enough. there are creators and consumers.

but no matter how far you stretch the comparison, it's not comparable to cuckoldry.
>>
File: plebs_2.jpg (126 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
plebs_2.jpg
126 KB, 400x462
>people unironically mistake one of the clearest example of individuals as holons for cuckoldry
>>
>>69080106
>What can compete?
>business people
>>
>>69081313
>one of the clearest example of individuals
the fuck does that mean?
>>
>>69081344
Do you know what a holon is?
>>
>they don't sacrifice their health, they maximise it

pro level athletes destroy their bodies, fäm. you have no idea of what your talking about
>>
>>69080106
i honestly stopped watching everything besides the NFL because of this reason.

NFL players on average are pretty underpaid and will be eating through a straw the rest of their life. Only major sport I feel has pay on par with the performance.
>>
>>69081289
At least with a movie you're being exposed to a form of art, and by reading a book you're reinforcing your intellect, and acquiring knowledge. Sports does not provide any of that.
>>
>>69081351
a french pm?
>>
>>69081351
I didn't (thought I could infer from context) but now that I looked it up it makes even less sense.
>>
>>69081414
>by reading a book you're reinforcing your intellect, and acquiring knowledge.
Not necessarily, no.
>>
>>69081414
>by reading a book you're reinforcing your intellect, and acquiring knowledge
Why do people believe this? something being a book doesn't a real value, what matters is what is inside.
One could easily argue that sports are a form of art, by the way.

>>69081440
What part does it not make sense?
>>
>>69080106

Something I learned reading Jim Bouton's Ball Four:

Athletes start as children, and if they're really good, they become separated out as they're growing. Baseball players get drafted right out of high school and live on the road with teammates. Footballers get sucked up into local academies (if they're lucky) or foreign academies (if they're not) when they're 14 and live with other footballing teenagers.

What happens? They become perma-children. Constantly surrounded by other athletes with arrested development due to the process. Most professional athletes are profoundly immature due to their circumstances and surroundings. It's why so many of them develop financial problems despite their high pay, and why so many of them get into legal and interpersonal problems.

It sounds kinda shitty to me.
>>
Well you might be jelly of the players, I'm jelly of their bitches. I wish I could fuck Tom Brady or JJ Watt or even Cam.
>>
nice and easy guide to this website: describe everything as cuckoldry
>>
>>69081414
Are you restarted? Sports is art.
>>
>>69081498
*doesn't have a real value
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.