[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
after the euro of 24 here come the world cup of 40
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 271x186
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/03/world-cup-expand-40-teams-fifa-reform
JUST
>>
Venezuela finally makes it. 10 out of 10. CONMEBOL strong
>>
China still won't qualify.
>>
>>69068291
How many countries could manage to host so many teams?
>>
Perfect, more pathetic teams that will beat englel
>>
rip soccer
>>
>>69068291
But how would it work? 10 groups 4 teams, best of each group and the 6 best second advancing?
>>
>>69068291
>8 more European teams

yeah sure ok it'll be like the Euros but with 7-1 and noMessi
>>
>>69068521
i guess ? would be fucking retarded but at the same time teams might make good matches in qualification phase to be sure to be either second or first
>>
Reminder:
CONMEBOL > all
>>
>>69068641
European nations aside from the top 3 are garbage and horrible to watch
>>
8 teams of 5, 2 qualify, 3rd places, 6 out of 8 also go through
>>
>>69068798
groups of 5 means two more matches per team, meaning extending the world cup and making the later part of the tournament even more dragged out, filled with exhausted players and suspensions.
>>
>>69068878
They should eliminate extra time then.
>>
>>69068291
I wonder how they would handle an interplanetary world cup
>>
>>69068878
Plus ruinning ending of the seasons and pre-season stages even more in european leagues, who are supposed to provide the best players.
>>
>>69068878

>groups of 5 means two more matches per team

???
It will be one more match per team at groups stage, and every team will get wekk long break because of odd team number per group.

I agree about dragging part tho.
>>
16 teams

8 UEFA
4 CONMEBOL
1 CONCACAF
1 CAF
1 AFC
1 OFC

Group stage
4 groups, 4 teams each
top 2 of each group qualify
>>
16 teams

7 UEFA
2/3 CONMEBOL
1/2 CONCACAF
2 CAF
1/2 AFC
0/1 OFC
1 Host Country

Same formula used in 1974 and 1978 (with 2 group phases)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.