[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's fix England
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
Alright, armchair managers, let's fix England. They need an identity and the deadwood like Rooney, Hart and Cahill need replacing by younger players.

HOW should they play? And WHO should play?

No stupid answers
>inb4 Kane on corners
>>
best thing for all involved would be to disband the
england football team
>>
>>69064671
you can't fix england just like that, its a mentality not only in our players but the common people
>>
liquidate the nation so it can return to it's Celtic roots
>>
>>69064766
>66
confirmed
>>
Put in players from the Championship
>>
>>69064671
The material isn't there to 'fix' anything.

Sturridge is half-way decent when he isn't injured. Kane is a meme. Wilshere is a perma-crock. Alli has potential. Smalling is pretty good. Rest is shite.

The team with vastly superior players of the 'golden generation' (kek) was a bit shit, so this lot doesn't stand a chance.

Scholes, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Rio, Ashley Cole, etc.

They are miles ahead of the current crop of absolute shite
>>
Meme magic is the only way.
>>
File: englel.jpg (122 KB, 962x607) Image search: [Google]
englel.jpg
122 KB, 962x607
Dunno why they started Sterling Kane and Sturridge. They would have won with Rashford, Vardy and Lallana.
>>
>>69064802
Then liquidate them so we can bring back the Druids
>>
>>69064843
Kane isn't a meme, it just didn't work for him because the team didn't know what it was doing. He needs service in the box and was barely in it for the whole tournament.

Under a competent foreign manager he should definitely be the focal point.
>>
Hard to say. It all seems mental. The team is too fatalistic and just roll over and die when they feel the pressure coming.
>>
>>69064843
Dier seems like a strong, consistent lad.
>>
>>69064961
>ignoring everything else

Kane finding form would change nothing

>>69064967
>It all seems mental.
They have shite players
>>
>>69064671
we need to try and emulate athletico madrid

play a solid shape with hard working midfielders and wingers and rely on the striking talent to break away ie vardy
>>
>>69065005
He's painfully average.
Look at the Spanish, German, French, and Italian (bear in mind the injured players they have coming back) midfielders and see how he stacks up.
>>
>>69065075
I definitely feel like 4-4-2 would be good, Atletico make it work and in England both Leicester and Watford have been successful with it. Dier with a Henderson-type in the midfield could work, with Alli and maybe Lallana as the wide midfielders. Kane had a bad tournament but he should definitely be upfront, not sure who with though.
>>
>>69065187
vardy even if its just for his workrate at getting the balls put over the top.

i dunno if its as simple as saying "look at the champions of europe, copy them" but it does seem pretty damn logical
>>
>>69065095
Only 22 though, he's developed a lot in Portugal and has developed more with Spurs. I don't think he'll ever be on the same level as Marchisio or Khedira but with more improvement he'll won't be much of a step down.
>>
>>69065232
It wouldn't just be copying them, England looked alright at Euro 2012 using a 4-4-1-1 and keeping defensively solid rather than trying to be Spain or Germany. There just isn't the quality to keep the ball in the squad.
>>
>>69064779
this guy is right. if you follow english media (which to some extent mirrors the common people's opinions) coverage you can see that no single commentator in England has some sort of holistic attitude towards their national team.

all they do is check if they reached their self-imposed standard after each game and completely rate all their nt currently is on that basis and either start celebrating like crazy or pour out shitloads of crap and yelling for personal consequences.

they're just not interested in really 'building' a team from scratch and they don't have the slightest hint of patience.

this is also why sane people like southgate never in hell would want to take an exposed leadership role in that whole system.

It's a bit like in Germany where some people are constantly moaning about Löw despite the fact that he and his team have turned German national football 180° to the better and always show at least decent performances at the tournaments.

The difference is, that our FA (the DFB) doesn't give a flying shit about those opinions and have always continued supporting them. even our media coverage has been adapting to that so that nowadays it's a lot better than in the pre-Löw era.
>>
>>69064671
who cares

whatever happens, they will have a good qualifying campaign and beat someone like italy and brazil in a friendly before the world cup, then get knocked out by slovenia in the last 16
>>
Woy was OK he just never settled on a style of play or a structure. One week before the tournament he was playing around with formations.

Play four-four-fucking-two and be done with it.
>>
even managed by a fucktard like Roy this team would reach the SFs and top the group

Swap Rashford for Sturridge
>>
File: Rooney.jpg (79 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Rooney.jpg
79 KB, 640x480
You made this guy your captain. Just let that sink in.

>>69066281

This is the kind of thinking you need to maintain all the way up until you reach a final, and you just might get there.
>>
I don't think the NT is too far gone but every time there's a glimmer of hope, everything starts to follow the formula of
>good performance in qualifiers
>beat a good team in friendlys
>shit the bed in the actual tournament

As long no one goes full retard/has bad luck then the team are at least going to QFs in 2018
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (45 KB, 323x440) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
45 KB, 323x440
A balanced formation.

You could also switch one of the forwards with Alli at AMC and put Milner or Henderson in for Dier.
>>
>>69067900
Christ

is this really how far english football has fallen?
>>
>>69068001
Yes. And we have to start tailoring our approach to reflect that instead of thinking we can coast by on non-existent talent. France, Germany, Spain, et al are simply better teams than us, but a balanced formation made up of on-form English players should still beat Iceland, Slovakia and Russia. Roy didn't even field a central midfield.
>>
>>69064671
Tell me if the team really is a team of bros that hangs out and stand up for each other?
>>
File: 442.png (159 KB, 338x436) Image search: [Google]
442.png
159 KB, 338x436
>>69067900
I'd go with this lineup, and hope to god a good centre back comes along from somewhere. Also Henderson until someone like Ward-Prowse develops further (not sure how good defensively he is)
>>
>>69068221
It's probably split by the club-allegiances as well as working/middle class.
>>
>>69064961
>>69064843
Kane and Alli don't know how to play in a proper team.
Drop them, play 4231 with Sturridge striker, Sterling/Rooney/Walcott behind them.
>>
Also, there's literally nothing wrong with Leicester, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool and Southampton. They're all really strong teams at the moment and there's no shame in making use of their players. I think people tend to almost regard them as "off-brand" just because they don't have the profile of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, but they are not actually inferior in quality any more.
>>
>>69068249
Out of interest, which current England players are middle-class?
>>
>>69068249

also black/white

who in the team is middle class?
>>
>>69068250
Kane could do a job for us with proper support.

Alli is a luxury player that I don't think England can afford at the moment; our core is too weak.
>>
Put whoever you want in charge, we'll still make a complete cunt of tournaments. We've been doing it, barring one or two, since 66. This is decades of poor performance, it's not unique to Roy being in charge.

I honestly don't know who should be in charge but it think St Georges Park should be brimming with our by gone greats to encourage the younger players. Like France with LaFontaine or whatever the fuck they call it
>>
>>69064898
This desu
>>
would be interesting to go through the /sp/ archives and see what teams people suggested and how to 'fix' the england team after the disastrous previous tournament exits

it's an endless loop of disappointment
>>
>>69068405

i have always maintained my support for big sam and hoofball against weak teams or rough counterattack against good teams

im genuinely angry that hodgson thought rooney in midfield, starting sterling and putting sturridge on the right wing were good ideas
>>
Get rid of all shitskins
>>
>>69068369
I don't think things became toxic until the 2000s. We may not have won anything in the '80s and '90s, but we could hold our heads high to an extent. If we had continued that level of performance we might have gotten lucky once in the last twenty years. But there is something rotten now, in the FA and even in the English psyche.
>>
>remove english players
>???
>actually win something
>>
>>69068470

They already tried that.
>>
>>69068405
They may have misjudged certain individuals, but I guarantee they all had more coherent gameplans than Hodgson entered this tournament with.
>>
More players abroad in teams like atletico Madrid or Dortmund
>>
Does Shearer have a son?
>>
>>69068316
>>69068337
Not sure about the Euro 2016 squad, but Oxlade-Chamberlain comes to mind and any son of a ex-footballer will definitely not be working class (Lampard, Wright-Phillips).
>>
We need a world class player, until that we're going to be an average squad like we are now
Wales are an average squad but they have bale (and they can actually work together as a team, and actually want to play together)

We just have to hope that Pep turns Sterling into a powerhouse, Mou does the same to Rashford or Kane fills his potential without choking
>>
>>69068636
An Englishman would need to leave England to do that, and also need to be good enough to play for them in the first place.
>>
>>69068636
Most of these lads are still struggling with English, how do you think they are going to learn German?

But seriously, teams like Atletico and Dortmund have no reason to pay over the odds for what little world class talent we have
>>
England need someone who can pull some strings and get things moving forward in midfield and an actual captain.

Rooney is not even the captain of his own house so he has no chance.

Some full backs who can also defend would be nice.

Quit bowing down the the big clubs, give others a chance like drinkwater or noble etc.
>>
>>69067060
>no Rooney

You'd be laughed out of the FA.
>>
>>69068226
>Ward-Prowse
isn't he david bentley 2.0? good at dead balls and shit at anything else
>>
>>69070267
This is the root of englands problem. Keep putting a guy on the team sheet who is clearly not as good as Vardy or Kane becuase MUH LEGACY
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.