[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Euros will never experience college football atmosphere htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 28
File: lc-neyland[1].jpg (197 KB, 944x384) Image search: [Google]
lc-neyland[1].jpg
197 KB, 944x384
Euros will never experience college football atmosphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaTbniMUr8k
>>
thank god
>>
band nerd lmao

do they make you towel off tyrone and britni aymber when they are finished too?
>>
>>69053720
CRINGE'D
>>
>>69053739

>will never ever go to a college game with his bros and see this atmosphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQcNEPulVO8
>>
>>69053752

>literally will never get to experience this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPeGPwGKe8
>>
>>69053720
Joke's on you, I actually did. I watched Alabama play in Tuscaloosa. Granted, it wasn't a big game or anything (like Kent State) but I l'll concede that the atmosphere was damn good (Roll Tide y'all!)
Would've loved to see them play Auburn or LSU, would've been ecstatic.

That said, with Soccer, you get amazing atmosphere at lower league games too and the prices are decidedly lower.
>>
>>69053799
>noter daym

Also
>caring about college vs college
>>
>>69053885
That is technically lower league
>>
>>69053885

Fuck i'm jealous as hell. I'm a UGA fan, used to date an Alabama girl but we broke up before I got tickets to an Alabama game. I'm gonna try to get to one this season. Did you get to witness this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqo4cKCsTcQ

Sure its not as good after a Kent State game but i bet its fun as hell. Tuscaloosa is an awesome place..

just wrote this and realize you said you watched and took it as you were there. but whatever bud.
>>
Tfw only two more months before jumping to Enter Sandman again
>>
>euros meme the hell out of shitty american atmospheres yet don't see that college football is our best sport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN6SCrU681o

Thats 110,000 fans right there. Bigger than any stadium in europe. And for a college game. Thats not even our biggest college stadium.
>>
File: bakersfeel1.png (103 KB, 547x717) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel1.png
103 KB, 547x717
>>69053918
I cared about instate rivalries more than some meme team from out of state
>>
>>69053720

amateur sports belong on >>>/asp/
>>
>>69054028
big crowded games like that triggered my social anxiety.

The GOAT games were going to a baseball game at 2 PM and heckling the team and the umps with 3 bros until you get ejected
>>
>>69054099

austistic, neckbeard detected. College sports are 100x better than any other sport here. Very fucking sad (you)
>>
>tfw my school's too small and the weather's too shit to support a football team
>>
>>69054138
He couldve just been too dumb to go to college and have a team.
Pls no bully
>>
>>69054138

lel get a load of this faggot

you go to college for 4 years. you CHOOSE what college you go to. this rabid "atmosphere" bullshit like the one here:
>>69054028

is completely plastic and fake, and mostly comprised of burnouts and jocks who never made it to college in the first place and still cling on to that "if only coach had put in me that one time" crap (ie. Uncle Ricos)

nothing is funnier that meeting a fan of a team tied to a school that they never attended. it's the ultimate "i have nothing else to live for in this shitty hick town, might as well watch teenagers throw an egg around and risk brain damage for free"

kys faggit
>>
File: trayvon.jpg (83 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
trayvon.jpg
83 KB, 640x960
>amateur sports
>>
>>69054155

i went to a college and graduated. i could give two fucks about any of our teams, then and now

i support my city's NFL team
>>
>>69054197

feel bad for you.
>>
>>69054155
>>69054210
actually there are tons of blue collar fags who never went to college but they still buy season tickets for college sports because they are the largest entertainment options for 100 miles if you live in a flyover state
>>
>>69054229

you're just upset because everything i said was right. It's ok.

>>69054241

>flyover state

literally no one outside of these shitholes cares about college "sports"
>>
File: tfw no soccer team.png (123 KB, 851x506) Image search: [Google]
tfw no soccer team.png
123 KB, 851x506
>>69054197
I got my degree at UCLA but I have CSUB volleyball tickets because I live right near the Uni am I pathetic?
>>
>>69054241
this is how you begin to understand why so many ohioans shill fucking ohio state
>>
>>69054252
but senpai 100,000s of people see UCLA and USC football games even if both teams are playing on the same night and LA is not flyover
>>
>>69054254

>lives in bakersfield
>asking me if he's pathetic

thanks, i needed that
>>
>>69054241

so fucking sad.

>>69054252

No, I'm just someone who lives in Atlanta working a 6 figure job who supports my college and loves the sport. You're just upset that boosters pay for big stadiums instead of donating money to your liberal arts degree.

Keep being unproductive and mad at everyone else, fucking loser.
>>
>>69053720
>wake up hungover at 8am
>start drinking whatever alcohol we had leftover
>wait 20 minutes for a bus to stadium to sit in sunbaked bleachers
>start feeling hungover again in the second half
I always hated going desu
>>
Anyone else kinda back off a bit when you actually attended the school and were sitting with these players in classes?
>>
>>69054270
>he actually fucks with amateur sports
>>>/asp/
>>
>>69054272
I was always broke as fuck and in class during games when I was in school. Now that I graduated I have soccer season tickets because they were only $50
>>
>>69054285

I really do feel bad for you.
>>
>>69054272
Tfw you see the star basketball player and his teammate in the dining hall but too beta to ask for an autograph.

It didn't help at all that I couldn't remember the teammate's name and didn't want to make an ass of myself
>>
>>69054265

up until this coming season LA did not have an NFL team

>>69054270

>muh 6 figure job

you forgot the gorilla warfare part

also, i graduated with a STEM degree you faggot.

only a small percentage of schools actually turn a profit on this shit, the rest lose money and make it harder on ACTUAL students to get real degrees, not this bullshit Communications shit that these fuckfaces major in. it's a lose-lose for everyone

football is a shit sport anyways. too much fatties, commercials, and standing around. i only support my cities team out of lazy habit.
>>
>>69054271

>Not tailgating for 14 consecutive hours leading up to the game

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>69054312
But Senpai schools sell lots of CFB tickets in big cities like NYC and Chicago and they can be cheaper than some NFL tickets too
>>
File: nigger stole my base.png (204 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
nigger stole my base.png
204 KB, 358x350
>>69054312
CSUB was red pilled and does not have a football team. The local Jr college plays in some 70 year old stadium and attracts tons of fags
>>
it's nice and all, but it's a bit fake
i like when the atmosphere comes directly and spontaneusly from the fans, not imposed from bands/announcers/organized fans etc (and that's getting rarer and rarer even in soccer)

that said, i've always been kind of jelly of american college sports, only thing i envy from the american system
>>
>>69054312

Spoken like a true angry, in massive debt, liberal arts idiot. don't even pretend you got a real degree from a real school.
>>
muh collitich footbal
>>
>>69054352

>liberal arts

it wasn't right the first time and repeating it isn't going to make it true

is it hard to believe that math/CS/engineering/STEM majors all look at you like the retards that you are?

you're a waste of school resources. schools are for education, not concussion-egg.

>debt

no, i worked my way through Uni, instead of sitting around watching my classmates play an irrelevant game
>>
>>69054348

Its not fake at all. These college football rivalries have been going on for over 140 years in a lot of cases. And the great thing about college football is the players go to the school they want to. They aren't bought by some other city or team. They play with real heart. Its 100x more entertianing than pro football. Its a completely different experince from pro sports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx7d7itpxDM

>>69054387

What the fuck are you doing on the sports board here?
>>
>>69054397
DESU I prefer minor league sports. Pretty cheap and I dont worry that someone is going to break an ankle and lose their scholarship
>>
>>69054410

Then whats your fuckin problem? You watch minor league baseball but you can't appreciate people doing shit like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tdHj9wJ37U

And you're telling me to go to /asp/? come one. Report me if you think college football is /asp/. Its literally the purest form of our sports here in the US.
>>
this fucking """""nation"""""" ...
>>
>>69054397

>What the fuck are you doing on the sports board here?

besides BTFO /aspies/ like you, i'm usually on the soccer threads. the Euro is on, and the Copa America just ended. a quarter finals match in these events gets more viewers than a super bowl
>>
>>69054483

Ok cool bud, I was posting in the Copa threads too and the Euro tournament. I like soccer as well.
>>
looks fake and falsely manafactured, much like everything in the US

you just have to come to terms that you will never experience true emotion.
keep taking those prozacs
>>
File: wow.jpg (70 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
70 KB, 248x252
>>69053720
>college sports
>american rugby
>>
>American """"""""""""Sports""""""""""""
Thanks god
>>
>caring this much about your fucking school

Lameos
>>
Handegg is shit.
>>
>>69054309
Hahahahhhahahaha
These are university students, just like you?

Fucking hell haha, that's pathetic
Please go to >>>/asp/, this 'sport' is just plain sad
>>
>>69053720
>manufactured "atmopshere"

about as artificial as everything else in your awful sports
>>
File: iknowwhatImdoingwithmylife.jpg (146 KB, 788x519) Image search: [Google]
iknowwhatImdoingwithmylife.jpg
146 KB, 788x519
>yfw Murrican University are basically sports academies
>>
So fucking plastic and fake, jusr organized by the University itself, whyle all the "fans" support is rytmic clapping. It should be the fans that create the atmosphere not the club itself. This is just like chelsea giving flags at the entrance of the stadium, or that american team handing out chant sheets et theyr games, and everyone mock them for that
>>
>Ameriparades

Why do you throw a parade for fucking everything? It's the most boring shit in the world.

>stand around, clap as things pass you by

Wow, can't hold all this fun
>>
Didn't really care about College football at all until I started going to University and >we won a New Years bowl.
So I don't really expect and euros to watch that vid and be jealous, its more about school pride tbqh
>>69056038
Yeah most of these massive football schools have poor education standards(FSU, Clemson, etc).
>>
>>69056017
how is this any more manufactured than people singing the same handful of songs over and over?

it isn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 1024x768
>>69056127
Because we're not made to sing them, they're spontaneous
>>
>>69054285
this guy is trying too hard
>>
File: laughin-cheetas.jpg (112 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
laughin-cheetas.jpg
112 KB, 600x900
>>69056137
>Come on New York Score a goal it's very simple
>***Clap***
>>
>>69056137
made to sing them? but its the same 6 nursery rhymes that you guys sing. People don't all spontaneously sing the same one simultaneously. There hear some other yurogays singing and join in because that's what you are conditioned to do.

I also fail to see how an MLS (the most plastic of all leagues here) is relevant to a discussion of college football tradition
>>
>>69056127
Because it doesnt come spontaneously from the fan but it's team itself that does everything, they just stand there clapping. If the university didnt organize all that parade they would have done nothing
>>
>Watching the equivalent of U21 games
Why should I care? They aren't technically as good as full blown players. Only people who go to that Uni should care.
>>
>>69056159
dude, the band isn't the team. they are fans as well

and many chants come straight from the student section desu. literally no different from supporters in yuroland.
>>
File: 1462729091231.jpg (18 KB, 510x476) Image search: [Google]
1462729091231.jpg
18 KB, 510x476
>>69054210

>could give two fucks
>>
>>69054204
kek
>>
>>69056173
it's still the team itself that organizes and pays for everything. Sorry it just seems so forced and unnatural
>>
>>69056198
you're literally incorrect about that. you're letting your bias inform your lack of ignorance on the topic
>>
>>69056158
It's how manufactured all American sports are, it's just embarrassing
You need team supplied marching bands and cheerleaders to tell you what to say and when to clap, it's different to European chants as there are lots of explicit, inappropriate ones which wouldn't be started by the team, they come from the fans themselves
>>
>>69056212
>lack of ignorance
lack of information
>>
>>69056214
you guys should understand what you're commenting on before you comment. sorry lad
>>
>American plastic atmosphere

Now get a load of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57RGGDTHbFA
>>
>>69056173
This how spontaneus looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afdGFae8Tt4
>>
>>69056137
oh, I guess it's different if the club itself makes them rather than the supporter group
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/cms_images/news/song-sheet-4-by-3154-315576_478x359.jpg
>>
>>69056212
>lack of ignorance
kek
It's the university band m8 come on. It is all just so staged. The people just stading there watching, what kind of support is that? You need cheerleaders to spell the chants for you.
Sorry it just comes off as fake and plastic to me.
>>
>>69056248
you green texted what i already greentexted

dunno why you are pretending the band is the only thing going on at the games (and that still doesn't make it affiliated with the actual team).

>>69056234
that song was never sung before that moment?
>>
Doesn't feel genuine sry
>>
>>69056272
Everyone keeps telling you, it just feel so staged, not spontaneus. Go take a look at how the atmosphere is in Europe and you''l understand why it looks so fake and plastic to us.
>>
>>69056245
That's a picture made online, not actual sheets of paper handed out to supporters, and there also aren't hired people to get the chants going so the supporters aren't sat in silence and confusion

The pinnacle of American sports is literally university students having organised fun watching mollycoddled rugby
I'm laffin
>>
>>69056301
i've been to europe numerous times my friend. You're the ones commenting on something you don't understand, and you're drawing conclusions based on bias and flawed assumptions (eg the team directs the cheers, the fans don't make their own up, every yuro chant is completely spontaneous)
>>
File: jim.jpg (120 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
jim.jpg
120 KB, 1252x1252
>>69056315
It all feels genuine to you because you have become the plastic.
>>
>>69056332
oh good point
>>
>>69056272
It has been sang before, you keep missing the point. It's not staged. People are singing on complete random, they weren't even supposed to be there, there was no planned welcome home party for they players, people just flocked down to the airport to welcome them.

That's what we're trying to tell you, your parade, it's nothing genuine or impressive, it's just a show that has it's plan. It has no atmosphere.
>>
>>69056315
>i've been to europe numerous times my friend.
yes, i wonder how many games you wnt to tho.
Anyway it still feels forced and fake, be sure to tweet your opinion using the offcial hashtag so the next parade will have more fireworks and little american plastic flags, and dont forget to buy the occial merchandise to show that you are a tru supporter
>>
>>69056354
if it's been sang before, then its not spontaneous. And if you think college football fans never congregated to welcome an arriving college team by singing well-known songs about said team (without the band or cheerleaders present), then you shouldn't be involved in this discussion. They are identical situations common to both sports.

Obviously the parade in OP was planned, its one little piece of what happens over the course of a college saturday at one college. but this discussion is obviously about more than that parade.

>>69056363
I never talked about feelings, you keep using the word feel to justify your bias. perhaps you're better suited for twitter than I am.
>>
>>69056310
http://m.imgur.com/QxI8Ady?r
it's a shame euros are too poor to print things out about their favorite club. at least they can afford to all spontaneously buy blue flags and wave them around Stamford bridge

The pinnacle of English sporgz
>>
>>69056395
the sole fact that you have a thing "college saturday" should make you think about how spontaneous that "atmosphere" is
>>
What are some banter songs americans sing against other teams/opposing players ?

My favourite was singing "wasyl, leg made of playmobiel" when Witsel broke wasylewski's leg
>>
my mom is from Milton Keynes so I'm an English expat and I'm proud English teams don't hand out chants or support plastic clubs with no history like Germans and Americans.
http://bvb-fanabteilung.de/wp-content/gallery/Fanshop/liederbuch.jpgs
>>
>>69056430
i meant fall saturday. but that's when college football is played m8. you're saying the fact that its predictably scheduled detracts from the atmosphere?
>>
>>69053720
>American 'atmosphere'
>having to be told by a giant screen or a bunch of skimpy clad college chicks
>what to cheer
>when to cheer
>what to do

Sure is 1984 in here
>>
>tfw you weren't born in america
dodged a bullet there, literally
>>
>>69053885
nice proxy y'all
>>
>>69056430
college games are almost universally on Saturdays. he's just describing the day of the week games are held. Good thing Europeans don't have things called Soccer Saturday; oh :0
>>
>>69056433
i recall a lot of chants about toasters one time when an opposing basketball team's top scorer had recently been charged with domestic assault where he used a toaster to strike his babymomma. it wasn't widely publicized, but some kids dug it up after research and shared on facebook.
>>
>>69056430
>get told i don't know much about the thing i'm trying to mock
>make smug post that further demonstrates i don't know much about it
>>
>>69056444
it doesnt matter, you have e predisposed thing for everythin, football is played this day, celebrations pre game are at this place at this time with this schedule. Oh and everything has always to be politcally correct and be sure to not offend anyone. That's why it looks forced. I dont know how to explain it better
>>69056479
>Good thing Europeans don't have things called Soccer Saturday
we dont, footbal can be played pretty much any day of the week during the season
>>
>>69056508
again, you're incorrect in your statements. how many times do you have to be told that? i don't fucking care how it "looks" to you if you don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>69056508
you missed the joke
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer_Saturday
brought to you by Gillette the best a man can get
>>
>>69054261
ohio state is a better school academically than the one you attend

t. Ohio State Senior
>>
>>69056508
Don't even bother. It obviously looks forced to the rest of the world but americans are literal living memes. You see the stands in american sports and people act like in sitcoms. It doesn't look artificial to them, but it obviously is if you're a human with a soul
>>
>college handegg
>>
>>69056402
Is this supposed to be an insult?
It's not that we're too poor to print off sheets of paper, it's that we're not so plastic that we need them
And what's wrong with buying your own flags and colours to show your support? Does that only count when your team supply them as another sad shill to boost artificial morale? (>>69054254)
>>
>Shit marching band
>WOO YEAH LETS GO TEAM THIS IS GREAT CHAD
>Atmosphere
>>
>>69056584
do you actually think Liverpool or Chelsea fans bought their own little personal flags and the werent provided by the club to show what great """atmosphere""" the clubs have
>>
>>69056479
Soccer Saturday is a tv show, nothing to do with a day solely for the sport
>>
>>69056703
Yes, because that's literally what happens, they're sold by unofficial stalls all around the outskirts of a stadium and anywhere in the town, and these have nothing to do with the club
unlike in America where they're desperately given away alongside tickets in attempt to make it look a little less depressing

Just face it lad, the only people who actually buy into this sad plastic 'sport' for school kids are Americans, it's painfully obvious to everyone else in this thread how forced it all is
>>
>>69056231
Amazing. Awesome. Frightening.
>>
File: what the actual fuck.jpg (25 KB, 335x478) Image search: [Google]
what the actual fuck.jpg
25 KB, 335x478
>College pride
>Being proud of your school
>>
>>69053720
Fantastic but too bad the sport is fucking stupid
>>
>Paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to attend your school
>Go to games to watch people who are getting a free-ride studying nothing degrees

Wish I was a part of this
>>
>>69056802
This is probably a shitpost, but in case euros are wondering, people in america typically live at their university, and often go far away from home to attend. Their university is their second home. Also, university sports teams here are the second highest level of competition for many sports, just below top professional leagues.
>>
>>69056802
Just as pointless as being proud of your country 2bh
>>
>>69053921
What? Isn't Alabama a top Tier team?>>69053992
Yeah it was p cool. The stakes weren't too high unfortunately, LSU or Auburn would have been better.

I was in the Stadium yeah. I remember the Rammer Jammer, U of A fans were really going wild and put the opponent's supporters to shame
>>69056468
No, I'm a a kraut through and through
Holidays are a thing ya know!
>>
>americlaps will never experience 5th division footy matches
>>
>>69056231
damn
>>
Before civil war, america is many nation. only after cw is win, they said america is a nation
>>
>>69056137
>N...Y...C...*clap*

So glad they printed out the lyrics for that one.
>>
>>69053720
You call that a marching parade? This is a marching parade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT2cnhHJjgU
>>
>Needing to hire an entire marching band because I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN repulses everyone
>>
>>69056231
ameriblobs think >muh fast-food sponsored university marching band tops this
>>
>>69053720
Five seconds into the video and I've already puked.
>>
>An American experiences actual atmosphere for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6LiuFfdrAg
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 875x603) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 875x603
>>69061086
>>
File: 11.jpg (148 KB, 958x536) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
148 KB, 958x536
>>69056402
Hang on, they give out song sheets and have staff to get the crowd going!

TOP FUCKING KEK.
>>
>Americans will never experience football atmosphere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKIgiuJNP6A
>>
>>69061086
>where is the music?
>why are they so loud?
>h-how do they know when to sing without someone telling them to?
>was that i mean word i just heard?!
>>
>>69053720
A comparison of European and American Basketball games.

https://youtu.be/okIfw3fCttM

Americans. Lol.
>>
>>69053720
> college
Yaaay, let's go watch mediocre players no one cares about.
>>
>needing this much spectacle to make your sport worth watching
lmao
>>
Shit thread
>>
Singing this song after wins is the best feeling in the world. Our state is poor and currently half under water but we have WVU football and each other. Pls no bully.

https://youtu.be/Cs-lrLfPqWU
>>
>>69053720
Making us look bad
>>
>>69061371
>crazy ass crackas
>>
>>69053720
You're a stupid faggot. Nobody gives a SHIT about fucking college football. Go shove a drum stick up your ass you fucking dork.
>>
>>69056751

>they're sold by unofficial stalls all around the outskirts of a stadium and anywhere in the town, and these have nothing to do with the club

that literally happens every weekend day at college games
>>
>college athletes don't get paid

kek such a ripoff why would you support that shit
>>
>>69060754

They aren't hired. They are students musicians who volunteer
>>
>amateur sports
Cletus get back to work on the fields you toothless hick
>>
File: 1281369692358.jpg (45 KB, 175x172) Image search: [Google]
1281369692358.jpg
45 KB, 175x172
>third down for visitor
>hell's bells on the PA
>third down for visitor
>hell's bells on the PA
>third down for visitor
>hell's bells on the PA
>third down for visitor
>hell's bells on the PA
>team is now up by 50
>third down for visitor
>hell's bells on the PA
>third down for visitor
>hell's bells on the PA
>third down for visitor
>hell's bells on the PA
>third down for visitor
>hell's bells on the PA
>>
>>69062206
Even more pathetic.
>>
>>69062427

no it actually very fun to do. especially the road trips
>>
>>69062521
It fucking fun OK. I love sitting in cars for hours.

Road trippppp. USA USA USA USA USA.

> Everybody stands up and claps.
>>
File: emmabuscemi.png (157 KB, 440x327) Image search: [Google]
emmabuscemi.png
157 KB, 440x327
>>
>>69062605

the school takes them by bus for the short trips and then plane if they go perform across the country. They also get to go perform on international trips. My school sent their marching band to the town square of Sainte-Mère-Église to perfom the annual D-Day salute.
>>
>>69061086
And then some.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOkqeA0RxY8
>>
>>69062675

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cipJq3ZHuuQ
>>
>>69063375
That is possibly the gayest thing I've ever watched and I watch Gay porn.
>>
>>69063504
I agree t b h
>>
>Ameridonalds
>>
it's a no win.

mention more people "its a bigger country"
mention more loudness "the scoreboard tells them to make noise"
mention tradition "yeah but blah blah"
its a losing battle but one i like to read about.

tell me more about the bayern """""""ultras""""""" who turn their back on the game because they are hardcor and chant like drones for 90 mins. pls
>>
>>69063835
Autism from both sides 2bh. It's sports for christ sake.
>>
>>69063979
>I watched the videos
>My side lost
>This is silly it's just sports
>>
>>69063835
>being this mad that you can't compete even with double the numbers
lol
>>
>>69061525
>no one telling them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ij-AO5JCk
>>
File: ass.png (952 KB, 1327x555) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
952 KB, 1327x555
>>69062268
>touchdown home team
>Kernkraft 400 on the PA
>interception home team
>Kernkraft 400 on the PA
>big sack home team
>Kernkraft 400 on the PA
>field goal home team
>Kernkraft 400 on the PA
>halftime
>Kernkraft 400 on the PA
>>
>>69064058
>>69064160

>muh passion
>muh atmosphere
>muh canned nursery rhyme songs
>muh abu dhabi fc
>>
>>69053720
>ywn experience foreign sports culture but instead do your own thing
So who cares? Do you guys care that we don't enjoy the same stuff?
>>
>>69053720
Euros will never experience a riot over college football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zKkcfq3gec
>>
File: 1462561545597.png (616 KB, 533x538) Image search: [Google]
1462561545597.png
616 KB, 533x538
>>69053720
>caring about a school that you didn't attend.
>>
File: 1463177674158.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1463177674158.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
>>69054197
>>
>>69056137
this is so cringe worthy
>>
>>69054197
This lmao. College sports are cancer and the faggot no lives who take them too seriously are the most cancerous of the cancers
>>
sorry my fellow burgers but i'm gonna have to agree with the yuro's here. game traditions and antics seem very forced whereas in europe authentic and spontaneous.
>>
>>69070282
also
>>
>>69053720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X50qwgBuXpY
>>
File: letöltés.jpg (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
letöltés.jpg
7 KB, 183x275
>>69070282
>Its creepy
>>
File: Partizan Crvena Zvezda.jpg (56 KB, 640x846) Image search: [Google]
Partizan Crvena Zvezda.jpg
56 KB, 640x846
>tfw no atmosphere like that in college handegg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYWVuz2zBbM
>>
>>69053739
lol
>>
>amateur sports
>>
I can understand college sport. I'm a French expat that went to Sciences Po, and each year there's a sport competition with the other 8 Sciences Po. It's binge drinking, sports, banter and parties for 3 days, and it's the best time of the year.
What I don't like about how you do it in the US is that it's too clean, almost professional. And emotions don't get any bigger than they can, singing your hearts out with your friends shitfaced is the same whether there's 200 or 100.000 people around you.
>>
>>69069903
Are you seriously implying there are no riots over football here?
>>
it's really quite cool. college ball is sick.
>>
>>69070282
>>69070330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTF75Cxbnec
>>
Good. Keep this shit away from Real Sports
>>
>>69077591
There have never been riots over college football here 2bh :^)
>>
>americans "fans"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3xtIQcVcms
>>
>>69077620
Oh right :^)

I still wonder how our """""""""""""""soccer""""""""""""""" Euros could stay so peaceful, seems like the Americans just don't know how to support their team in a friendly way without violence
>>
>>69077639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-jMjvnua8
Yeah, getting real scared over here.
Have you seen these savages?
>>
Post gameday Stacies, lads. Preferably from your own uni.
>>
File: 6308217878_d4f1ebe5d1.jpg (82 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
6308217878_d4f1ebe5d1.jpg
82 KB, 400x400
>>69077812
>>
>>69070908
>living in the third world
>>
Lmao at how salty all the europoors ITT are they have shit """""atmosphere""""" that's really just people lighting flares and stabbing eacother in the stands while they sing recycled nursery rhymes with cringe tier lyrics. Don't worry the semen rations are on their way.
>>
> realise handegg is shit and only lasts 20 minutes
> come up with creative ways to entertain people before/during the game that doesn't involve actual sport
> call it "atmosphere"

Only muricans stupid enough to fall for this shit
>>
>>69077879
>>69077895
Yeah I bet Superbowl half time shows are amazing kek
>>
I've experienced both "atmospheres".

Tbh I really like the tailgating (I went to watch a UGA game in Athens).
Drinking and having fun so long before the game is pretty cool and the stadium is fucking impressive.

BUT I feel like nobody cares about the actual sport in the US. They only watch replay of the big plays and don't pay too much attention. Also the band thin is really cringey.

I went to smaller football/soccer stadiums in Europe and you just feel people are more passionate. Even for small games the singing is just so much better and more heartfelt. (My biggest game was in San Siro in Milan Inter vs AC, shit was lit yo).
>>
>>69077969
>AC
Triggered Italian incoming.
>>
File: 1438478621930.jpg (102 KB, 771x900) Image search: [Google]
1438478621930.jpg
102 KB, 771x900
>Americans actually go and watch PE lessons
>>
>>69053799
>American "sports"
7/10 concert, not enough Beyonce.
>>
>>69077600
Yeah that's the thing, it doesn't even have to be football
https://youtu.be/lyyYMQMPB9k
>>
>>69077969
>BUT I feel like nobody cares about the actual sport in the US. They only watch replay of the big plays and don't pay too much attention
Been wondering about this. I had a random problem with my eyes and couldn't watch TV, and sports in particular due to tracking the ball, for more than 5-10mins. So I watched the beginning and end of games and would periodically check in the middle. My main sports are football and cricket. In cricket the score keeps accumulating, but I found that even though when I actually watch the sports I am more hyped about football, when checking the football I would say to myself 'oh wow, nothings happened' when there was no score. This is the kind of thing Americans always say about football, and it made me wonder if they actually concentrate on the game. American sports tend to have more metrics that tell you about the games progression, plus sideshows and concessions etc.
>>
>>69078565
Yeah they love checking the score, reading all the numbers, reading an awesome graphic chart explaining by the numbers why this team is better at this than this other one. I feel like a minority of them actually watches what's happening. It is very strange for me as a European.

Also sports bar have all the games playing and it's packed on games night but nobody actually cares about the plays, just the replays. Rest of the time it's drinking beer and eating shit food. But apparently that's what being a sports fan in the US means.
>>
>>69061514
>Marseille, Marseille, on t'encule
>Paris, Paris, on t'encule
>french fans in charge of being original
>>
>>69078650
it's interesting to see an outside perspective. in my personal experience, when it's saturday and it's game time, everyone in the house is glued to the TV and invested in the game itself. my family all lives in alabama for the most part, and the iron bowl is one of the few times a year when you can get everyone to get off of their fucking phones.

and the few games i've attended in person have been the same way. i want to say it's because i live in the south and college football is the lifeblood of the region, but france went to a UGA game, so...

the arguing back and forth ITT has been hilarious and it's really a retarded subject to get autistic about. OP asked for it though. there are things to enjoy in all sports in terms of "atmosphere." it's disappointing to see so many people dismiss college football as forced and fake when it has always been a genuine pastime in my family and general upbringing, but at the same time i can see why it is perceived as such.

it takes all kinds.

b-but i'm going to keep w-watching s-soccer too
>>
>>69080719
Ahah I feel you !
I'm happy to say I enjoy both games and I was actually really impressed by how big college football was in the US (I used to follow only the NFL).
I'm going to study in Atlanta (Yellow Jackets meh). And it was way more passionate in UGA than at georgia tech. So I guess it depends. But all in all I think soccer feels more serious maybe it's a bad thing idk.

People should just enjoy what they have and stop trying to dismiss something they don't know.
>>
>>69080915
nah, in a way i am jealous of how things are done in europe BECAUSE it seems more serious. it's something i have not been able to experience in sports firsthand. but i enjoy the lightheartedness of america as well.

georgia tech has an awesome offensive style, it's probably my favorite in college football. very old school. athens is a great town for the music scene and whatnot, but GT is the better school, academically. pros and cons to each, i imagine. hope you have a blast, and good luck.
>>
>>69053720
>watching amateur kids play sport

No thank you.
>>
File: best korea.jpg (2 MB, 3488x2616) Image search: [Google]
best korea.jpg
2 MB, 3488x2616
>>69054028
>you will NEVER experience the ultimate sport experience in the largest stadium there is
>>
>handegg
>being relevant

fuck off amerifats
>>
>>69053720
>implying I want to see a stupid fucking marching band

I'd rather go watch local panty twirling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC8mwggKLQU
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.