[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is San Diego allowed to have pro sports teams?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Gwynn-SI-HOF-cover.jpg (78 KB, 442x575) Image search: [Google]
Gwynn-SI-HOF-cover.jpg
78 KB, 442x575
The Padres have been around for 48 years - never won the World Series.

The Chargers have been around 56 years, never won the Super Bowl or NFL Championship. Once won the AFL Championship, in 1963.

The Clippers were in San Diego for 6 years - nothing. There was an ABA team for 4 years - nothing.

San Diego had a hockey team in the WHA for 5 years. Nothing.
>>
Hey fuck you buddy
>>
It looks like a beautiful city

I hear it's full of douchebros and weird religious white people
>>
>>69042582
East county has douche bros. lots of military people. The mormons mostly keep to themselves in their castle that looks like disneyland. The locals are pretty chill and most of the mexicans are contained in a few areas or go to LA.
>>
>>69042524
Why are you allowed to breathe?
>>
>>69042524
The San Diego Gulls won The Taylor Cup like 5 times or some shit.
>>
>>69042524
I'm a Padres fan and you can go suck my dick
>>
>>69044409
Good luck with Johnson on the mound tonight! You're completely fucked!
>>
>>69045186
M8, it doesn't matter who is on the mound. Our Dads are completely fucked, period.
>>
>>69045186
Bro our team is ass but I still love them
>>
because San Diego is a large city and money can be made having sports teams there.
>>
I saw a game at Petco last year while on vacation, and while it was a nice ballpark, it was fucking empty. I legit felt bad for the team because they basically play games in front of an empty stadium at best, and a hostile crowd at worst.

I kinda wish they'd move the team somewhere that actually appreciates them. Maybe then they'll actually win something.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.