[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources: Senior England players lost faith
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 1350x649) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 1350x649
>BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources: Senior England players lost faith in Roy Hodgson's decision making during Euro 2016.

>BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources: Senior England players also questioned selection of Raheem Sterling against #ISL.

What a fuck up
>>
there was at least 5 players worse than sterling yesterday, at least he won a pen
>>
> BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources: Senior England players also questioned selection of Raheem Sterling against #ISL.

Damn thats horrible. I like shitting on him as well but its going too far now.
>>
>>69037872
He was on the same level of shit as Kane, Rooney, and Hart. They were the master piece of shit.
>>
Yep. Now's the time to just bury Sterling.
>>
>>69037722

This is just more ego massaging for the players.
The players were as shit as the manager.
>>
>>69037722
>BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources: Senior England players also questioned selection of Raheem Sterling against #ISL.

everyone in the world questioned it
>>
>50M
>>
>>69037872
why nobody says nothing abouth wilshere? he's shit and mainly he shouldn't be in the list as he was injured whole season
>>
>>69037722
Wouldn't senior imply Rooney, Hart and Henderson who were all shit?
>>
can't even tell if raheem sterling or pound sterling is more worthless now
>>
>>69037965

Alan Shearer slated his selection on MOTD.
>>
He unironically performed better in 2014 against harder teams, lol
>>
>>69037930
Well, you can't really question it as there literally was no other wide players in the team, as the squad selection was utter shit.
>>
Players that deserve to be in the England Team: Cahill, Walker, Dier, Lallana, Delle Alli, Rashford, Vardy

Rest let us down
>>
>>69037965
Because most of the people here are Arsenal fans, and god forbid you speak ill of the man who had an incredible first half against Barcelona 5 years ago.
>>
>>69037979
All those minutes Henderson got m8
>>
>>69037965
Wilshere was brilliant yesterday mate
>>
>Spurs players not getting any shit from the media even though they made up half the starting 11 and were god awful yesterday
Oy vey
>>
>>69038010
Dier is probably the only english player with a real potential...
>>
>>69038015
it's because Wilshere wasn't match-fit and should never have been played in the first place

Wilshere isn't a world-beater but he's England's most technical and creative player
>>
>>69038040
Him and Rashford

Bayern is apparently interested in Dier
>>
>>69038010
>Cahill, Walker

Both at fault for goals last night desu
>>
>>69038076
Smalling was more at fault desu and I think Walker was class in the group games

Maybe we should play a 3-5-2 cos Rose is certainly on LB maybe wing back would be better for him
>>
>>69038076
yeah but for cahill we have nobody else. like who do you put there?
>>
>>69038040

Probably because he was coached abroad
>>
>>69038099
*No LB
>>
>>69037990
>Jew makes joke about money
>>
>>69037722
>>BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources: Senior England players lost faith in Roy Hodgson's decision making during Euro 2016.

Senior players - fuck off, they don't make the decisions. Even if they're shite, managers the manager.

>>BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources: Senior England players also questioned selection of Raheem Sterling against #ISL.

Senior players - fuck off, they don't make team selections.

How fucking arrogant. How fucking fragile.
>>
>>69038073
He is fucking good, can defend, make great passes, take freekicks, would not be surprised if he moves in a bigger club soon.
>>
>>69038054
>England's most technical and creative player

I love this meme.
>>
>not starting the second half subbing kane for rashford

Is this where Roy got it all wrong?
>>
>>69038054
He shouldn't have even been selected to the team.
>>
Moving forward is Welbeck comfirmed for our best player?
>>
>this press conference
>>
>>69038242
>Welbeck
>>
>>69038151
So they're not allowed to question his decisions? It's not like they refused to play.
>>
File: 1362779537882.jpg (42 KB, 425x411) Image search: [Google]
1362779537882.jpg
42 KB, 425x411
>>69038242
>welbeck as your best player
maaaaaaaan
>>
>>69038316
Lol
>Rat as your best player
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10610987

vote, england lads
>>
Shouldn't media and specially team senior players protect youngsters at this point? First international tournament and they get treated like shit. You really think after bashing them they wanna go to World Cup in Russia? England had over 70 minutes to score. Where was Rooney? He has most international caps yet he did fuck all. He showed no inspiration, no leadership. But now when his back in his safe Manchester mansion he has balls to talk big.
>>
Only Vardy and Rashford had heart.
>>
>>69038464
Nobody should be defended. All 11 players couldn't do basic skills any 9 year old on a field of grass behind a pub can do.
>>
>>69038242
>Wellbeck
>Man Utd player

Nay.
>>
>>69037722
Everything was shit. The players were shit and Hodgson's line-up was shit.

England don't have any players who can control a game and create chances. They're all pacy niggers and clumsy white guys with two left feet who can only hoove the ball up the pitch.

He should have brought on Wilshere for Kane and kept Dier on the pitch to keep control of the ball in Iceland's half. Additionally, he should have brought Rashford on earlier and kept Sterling in the game. Against teams who park the bus, you need to be able to control the ball and you need players who can win 1v1 duels. You also need a squad that is willing to run and press like hell once you lose the ball.

England have none of that. Their "star" players wouldn't make the starting XI at any of Europe's big clubs.

The best thing is that these island cunts think all it takes is a different manager and they'll suddenly be good. They need to change everything from the ground up. They need better technical education for their youth players; not just pacy niggers and long-balling ogres. They need better tactical education for their managers and maybe even a quota for English and / or home-grown talent in their teams to force their teams into using young native players instead of wasting tens of millions on mediocre foreign slav niggers.
>>
>implying Dier wasnt partially responsible for the second goal by not putting a challenge in
>>
>>69038477

And those England fans who got beaten up by Russians
>>
>Gareth Southgate being favourite to succeed Roy Hodgson as England manager is "scary", says Harry Redknapp.
>Redknapp said Southgate is only seen as a favourite for the job because he had won a "second-rate tournament" with England Under-21s in Toulon.
>"Why should he get it in front of Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce, who are proven managers?" asked the former QPR boss.
>When it was suggested that Southgate knew the way the Football Association (FA) worked as well as the English "system", Redknapp responded: "Knows what system? The losing system? He knows the losing formula?"

BTFO
>>
Lingard would have been better on the right too
>>
File: discarded.jpg (99 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
discarded.jpg
99 KB, 800x800
>>69038558
>Harry Redknapp
>>
>>69038558
>Talk shit get banged
Who's going to bang Redknapp?
>>
>Even the players knew Roy was a fucking moron

Why wasn't he fired seriously
>>
Just get Sir Alex. He'll win you a semifinal atleast.
>>
>its the coach fault we couldnt beat a bunch of dentists and fishermen

England should be nuked tbqh pham
>>
>>69038627

Drinky's at home, Sterling is shitting up the pitch, and Kane is taking corners and free kicks.

I do have to say that Rppney wasn't totally horrendous though.
>>
It'll be Gary and Phil Neville.
You'll stroll through the WC group but get destroyed in Russia.
>tfw World Cup is only 2 seasons away
>>
>>69037722

Why was Kane taking corners and free kicks?

Why was Alli playing at all?

Why was Wilshere selected?
>>
Rooney HAS to quit the national team now.
>>
>>69038737
They won 3 games in Valencia out of 17. It would be comedy gold tho
>>
>>69038739
Alli is one of the few players who has not brought shame upon himself
>>
>>69038180
>make great passes
>make great passes
Is this the same Dier we're talking about?
>>
>>69038789
Alli was flopping around like a damn fish yesterday, fuck off yid
>>
>>69038789

When not seen rolling around on the ground, he was a fucking ghost. Also, he's one hard tackle away from a complete temperamental chimpout.
>>
>>69038789
He's a headless chicken. He has no passing skill, no vision, no ability to read a game. He's an overhyped piece of shit, like the rest of England's team.
>>
File: 1465600578249.jpg (39 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
1465600578249.jpg
39 KB, 540x404
>>69038054
>Wilshere isn't a world-beater but he's England's most technical and creative player

>he's England's most technical and creative player
>>
>>69038796
Im not judging him on one game.
The guy has potential, he needs to keep improving under a competent coach like Pochettino. Yesterday he needed a real captain with balls who yells at him and encourages him.
>>
>>69038817
He played a couple of decent passes forward that actually found their man.

This alone would have made him better than 75% of the team yesterday.

And he had some good games in the earlier tournaments.

Kane was shit. And Wilshere shouldn't even have been there. I agree with you there.
>>
File: alli goal.webm (1 MB, 1092x614) Image search: [Google]
alli goal.webm
1 MB, 1092x614
>>69038856
>>
>>69038054
>Wilshere isn't a world-beater but he's England's most technical and creative player
That says everything about the state English football is in.
>>
>Play Sturridge a left footed striker on the right wing
>Starting Sterling and Kane even though they've been complete shit all tournement
>Take off Dier and put Wilshite on
>Not starting Vardy even though he played really fucking well and was tracking back and pressing defenders none stop
>Putting Rashford on with 5 fucking minutes left
>Kane taking set pieces and skying it every fucking time
>Hart shitting the bed

Did i miss anything
>>
File: roy.jpg (411 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
roy.jpg
411 KB, 900x506
>play half your squad out of position
>have your striker taking free kicks and corners
>be surprised when the players start thinking you're an idiot
>>
>>69038863
Everyone was horrid at passing yesterday but Dier appears to be the worst passer in the squad based on the whole tournament. He kept trying to hit balls to the forwards and they were always too hard
>>
>>69038877
>let me post this single highlight against literally whos to prove my point
>>
>>69038877
nice one mate, think you just won that argument hands down!
>>
>>69038891
>selecting Wilshere
>starting Wilshere
>bringing Wilshere on as a sub in a game that we desperately needed to come back in even though he had been absolutely abysmal as everyone had said he would be in the last game
>>
Sterling looked so fucking promising in the slippy g season

Wtf happened
>>
>>69038867
*had some good games earlier in the tournament
>>
>>69038877
>b-but we made a DVD including every possible angle of this blooter against Crystal Palace

England lost the tournament the second they named a single one of these perennial spudshit bottlers who's last name wasn't spelled Dyer, and I earnestly hope they learned their lesson for once.
>>
>>69037990
Eheheh...
>>
>>69038099
That would suit Walker a lot better too, he's much better going forward than defending.
>>
>>69038525

He was looking at the back of the player, a bad challenge and you give away a penalty, it was Cahill and Smalling that didn't even try to block the shot.
>>
if only woy brought drinky to france instead of wilshit, him and vards would have steamrolled everyone

he also fucked up by going with meme spurs chemistry, should have taken meme title-winners chemistry
>>
>>69038953
Got paid too early
>>
>>69037965
Because Arsenal fans are utterly delusional. Wilshere was awful last night and literally everyone who isn't an Arsenal fan agrees.
>>
>>69038953
He believed his own hype
His agent convinced him he's already a superstar as opposed to a promising youngster who still has to work on mental strength and finishing
Liverpool said he'd be better to stay there for a bit and keep developing
His agent convinced him to make it acrimonious with that fucking unnanounced interview with the BBC before that Arsenal game
He went to City for 49M
His agent told him all constructive criticism is just people who are jealous of how great he is
He believed it
He stopped improving

And now, after a mediocre season, his confidence is shot to pieces.
>>
>>69038953

He was feeding balls to Suarez and a in-form Sturridge, I would look promising too.
>>
>>69039031
Wenger will lead England to greatness in 2018 or 2020
>>
The guys in the /arse/ thread are making fun of you desu
>>
>>69039033

When Jesus Navas beats you out for a regular starting spot for Man City, maybe it would be in his best interest to actually take training and improving one's game seriously.
>>
08:50
Roy: "One particularly bad game has done a lot of damage to me personally to the team and even to the team going forward because now they have a major bridge to repair, which if we had played better last night may not have needed repairing.

"That's what I have got to say. Thank you very much for coming. I have nothing more to add. I will leave you to your stories and I thank you once again for the time I have had with you."

And with that Roy Hodgson has left the building!
>>
File: 1467060829945.png (261 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1467060829945.png
261 KB, 1000x1000
>Walker
>defending
>literally not playing England's best fullback, Clyne because spurs had a meme season (where to capitulated at the end and had their spirit broken)

This is the selection I'm fucking mad about. Did you see Iceland's first goal last night? That ugly mullato cunt was switched off and managed to get outpaced when his only great attribute is his speed. Can't believe this is getting a free ride here.
>>
>>69039272
EX-England manager: 'fuck you and goodnight' part 90001
>>
>>69039250
Well why wouldn't they? It is a containment thread. Like /trb/ and /bet/.
>>
>>69039303

clyne is crap
>>
>Entire team plays like shit
>Blame the guy who gave them their goal

I agree he has been complete dogshit for a while now, but you could cut 10/11 players from the England squad if we go by yesterday's game.
>>
this is sad. just playing the blame game and tearing yourselves apart. woy is clearly a clueless, dispassionate, incompetent hack, but you should blame your fucking FA for keeping him on as a scapegoat for this exact occasion instead of making moves to improve after WC 2014.

but everyone turning on the kid that is already universally hated, who tried his best and even got the only goal of the match against fucking iceland is just fucking pathetic. take a step back and be ashamed of yourselves.

finger pointing after the fact is just everyone covering their own ass and it's disgusting. figures the guy who's already been painted as a mercenary asshole is the one getting the shit even though without him, you would've got shut the fuck out. absolute disgrace. sad, shameful and petty.

dont do this to yourselves. part of the problem is exactly because your players care more about how they look in the media than on the pitch
>>
>>69039303
Is Walker some kind of paki/african mix?
He's a brutishly ugly person.
>>
>>69039394
look at his dad man, there was no chance of hope for him
>>
>>69039303

>Clyne better than Walker

wew lad
>>
>>69039420
what hath been seenth
>>
>>69039420

oh my

he actually came out of those parents better than you might expect
>>
>>69039033
Hopefully Pepe Gladioli will put a rocket up his arse or ship him out to West Brom
>>
>Hodgson ends with: "I hope you're happy with it. If you're not I make no apologies. I leave you to your stories" #eng

Stay classy Woy
>>
>>69037722
>Sterling
>the only guy who managed to create a chance that lead to an English goal
Hate him all you want but at least he wasn't completely useless. I am still asking myself why you would keep guys like Rooney or Kane on the field when you have Rashford.
>>
>ayy lmao
England, the Argentina of Europe.
>>
>>69039509
rare
>>
Woy real mad he had to attend a press conference when he shirked the media last night and all he said was

>I dunno lel I'm not the manager anymore stop asking me about last night
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (59 KB, 350x501) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
59 KB, 350x501
Is there any doubt that this team would have beaten Iceland last night?
>>
Unsurprisingly spineless resignation from Woy.

One prepared statement and then fucked off to leave the players having to answer all the questions.

Man is an absolute tit.
>>
>>69038789
Alli was fucking dreadful, did nothing at all.

This meme that Rooney is a good midfielder because he sprayed a couple long balls needs to die too
>>
Why does Hart choke so badly in important matches?
>>
>>69039530
Yes you meme loving fuck
>>
>idk i'm not a football man don't understand the tactics part but i'll be starting the search for a new england manager immediately
>>
>>69038620
The tax man
>>
>>69039435
>>69039377
There's no place for club bias in international football, stop being blinded children
>>
>>69038076
Every other English defender is shit and Walker is the only way we'd get any width
>>
>>69039560
it's an england goalkeeper thing

he plays well for city in the CL usually
>>
>>69038953
Sterling is another young asshole English player who believes his hype. Goes out drinking, smoking and partying, he has a huge 5 year contract now he doesn't give a shit

13/14 he looked good in a crazy fast attack where he could use his pace and Suarez and coutinho could do all the technical work
>>
>>69039560
He's English
>>
Redknapp also called for Tim Sherwood to get the job

kek
>>
>>69039578

i dont have club bias, clyne is shit
>>
When do you think will we move in to the 2nd phase of the England NT cycle?

>Phase 1 = Blame
>Phase 2 = Hype
>Phase 3 =Embarrassing Defeat
>>
the candidates for the england job are utterly dire

excluding his england record Roy Hodgson would be a better candidate than practically all the front runners
>>
>>69039500
>praising a player for doing nothing the whole game apart from letting a goalkeeper bundle into him
>>
>>69039627
When Gareth Southgate drops Rooney and other meme players and we barely squeak some wins against Malta in the qualifying group
>>
>>69039377
Clyne isn't crap, he was one of our best players against Slovakia (not saying much) and is defensively very solid
>>
File: malvinass.gif (103 KB, 2232x2298) Image search: [Google]
malvinass.gif
103 KB, 2232x2298
>>69037722
genuinely the most embarrassing display for england and argentina since the falklands
>>
>>69039639
He'd still be fucking Roy Hodgson thouhb
>>
>>69039627
when we win all our wc qualifying games of course
>>
>>69038040
>cross the ball into the box
>flies over into the crowd
repeat ad infinum

>Dier
>good
>>
>People thinking "Adam, take a wild shot and look frustrated when it inevitably goes wide Lallana" was good.
>>
>Martin Glenn (one of three people who will pick the next England manager) "I'm not a football expert..."

Seriously the FA are useless fucking cunts. It's a gentlemans club full of out of touch old men who don't have a clue how to bring English football forward

Change the manager, but nothing will significantly improve until the FA is restructured
>>
>>69039595
Sterling DOES have technical ability though, his passing that season was impressive even taking into comsideration who he was around. He just seems to be a cowering little shite now.
>>
>Iceland's shock Euro 2016 last-16 victory over England claimed an almost total clean sweep of television viewers in the North Atlantic island nation on Monday night.

>Just 0.2% opted for another channel

>99.8% of the country's TV audience tuned in to see goals from Ragnar Sigurdsson and Kolbeinn Sigthorsson cancel out Wayne Rooney's penalty as the Icelanders, competing at their first ever major tournament finals, booked a quarter-final spot to continue their heroic campaign.
>>
>>69038445
>http://www.strawpoll.me/10610987

Billic would probably be pretty good desu.
>>
>>69039721
Nothing will change until the FA is reformed and the Premier League is brought back under control of the FA
>>
>>69039377
>>69039435
The only thing Walker has is pace. Shit passer, shit tackler, shit header, shit positioning. But a quick nigger so England think he's world class
>>
>>69039657
He lead to the only goal for England though. You can't deny that.
And you can't blame Sterling for Rooney's """"passes"""" or Kane's ability to score.
That being said, almost every English player sucked, with the notable exception of Rashford. The best idea would be to drop them all and get players from the lower league. Then you might get something akin to fighting spirit going and people wouldn't hate you for losing a match.
>>
>>69039663

walker looked better in the group games than clyne did and clyne is just as liable to a defensive mistake

honestly being angry over walker being selected when the likes of sterling, sturridge over lallana, no vardy, rooney in midfield, wilshere coming on, hart being useless etc i dunno what to say
>>
>>69039665
>experience of managing national team
>Extensive experience abroad
>lots of trophies and two european finals

vs

>sacked from spurs
>sacked from villa

vs

>sacked from boro
>finished bottom of u21 euro group

hmmmmmmm
>>
>>69039689
That was the whole team mentality desu.
>Hoof the the ball into the box
>Pray for a fluke goal
sadly it worked in the Russia and Wales matches
>>
>>69039033
>His agent told him all constructive criticism is just people who are jealous of how great he is

haha, probably did desu. You're just so AMAAAZZINNG. sounds like something narcissistic women tell themselves.
>>
>>69037965
Wilshere should not have been starting because of his injury, but he is one of england's best distributors.
>>
>>69038518
>England have none of that. Their "star" players wouldn't make the starting XI at any of Europe's big clubs.

Idk if that's true, most of England's "star" players seem to do well at club level.
I'd say dier and Kane would probably make it into some big squads if you take club level into account
Otherwise, yeah, dogshit all around, the quota for English homegrown talent is a good idea, and I feel like that is the reason that Dier is so good. He was a foreign talent.
>>
>>69037722
>Sky Sources
Reason enough to ignore it
>>
>>69038881
mate, we have more talent than you p4p

you just have a better "team" because you're all soulless robots
>>
>>69039857
This.
>>
>>69038891
>>Hart shitting the bed
wait what?
>>
>>69038620
I would.

Fucking hate the sneaky cunt.
>>
>>69038686
Why the fuck would he want the job?

>>69038789
He has been far and away one of the worst Englans players at this tournament.
>>
>>69039896
It's just an expression for 'he fucked up', Hart didn't literally shit on his bed senpai.
>>
>>69039742
LGTSS
>one out of every 500 Icelanders
>>
>>69039857
>>69039887
He really isn't

I wish the Wilshere meme would die, he hasn't progressed for years and these fucking Arsenal cunts perpetuate it every season
>>
>>69039919
How do you know?
>>
>>69037990
lel
>>
>>69039497
Why take his comment out of context?
>>
>>69039919
When did he? The 1-1 was a defensive fuckup more than his, that ball was tough to save.
>>
>>69039949
The 2-1
>>
>>69039543
Bollocks. He wrote his resignation statement immediately after the loss and then called a press conference.

He conducted himself in the manner one would expect.
>>
>>69039949
Are you trying to say that Joe "velvet hand in a velvet glove" Hart did nothing wrong?
>>
>>69039939
Because I'm Joe Hart.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (62 KB, 360x514) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
62 KB, 360x514
>>69039772
Yeah and it's Roy's fault for fielding no midfield.

Pic related was our literal formation. Five men at the back hoofing it up to five men at the front. Fucking amateur hour. You simply don't need an AMC - let alone two - when you have three strikers on the field. This is tactics 101.
>>
>>69039949
Bales free kick

2nd goal last night

Way out of position for the Russia goal
>>
>>69039979
I'm saying he isn't the man to blame for this loss.
Forster is better than him, though, that is not wrong.
>>
>>69039980
I'm sorry
>>
>>69039033
Right. The usual story with promising England players.

Shaun Wright Philips and Joe Cole spring to mind. But there must be at least 20 other examples.
>>
>>69039935
He is.
>>
Why wasnt clyne playing?
>>
>>69039880
Stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>69039560
He's not that good desu
>>
France beat Ireland 2-1, you think fair enough, no bully to Ireland, france are good and favourites etc

Iceland beat england 2-1 , lots of lols becasue dentist etc people kinda being rude to Iceland as i rate them, you should expect them to win as they are based.

My question is, if france lose to Iceland, will there suddenly be slagging for France, as they are better than England and also lost to Iceland, england get let off it hook a bit, but also, do Ireland get bully becasue they lost to team that lost to Iceland.

Will it make ireland ro16 result worse than Englands?

Also lel
>>
>>69040057
no one cares about ireland so probably not. this board is obsessed with england
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (61 KB, 359x513) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
61 KB, 359x513
This was our formation in the second half. How is this acceptable? It breaks all the rules of football strategy.
>>
>>69040087
Flower/Rose Formation
woy is a tasctical genius after all
>>
Nothing is going to change until they stop buying into the pacebabby meme with young players who buy into their own hype.

Sterling is shit and exposed.
Alli is shit and exposed.
Kane is not the talisman that he thinks he is for Spuds.
Rashford is a bright spot with natural talent, but still needs to develop and become more well rounded. If he takes the Sterling route, he will be shipped off to someone like Fiorentina by 2019.
>>
>>69040057
French expectations aren't very high this year and everybody loves Iceland so I don't think people here would be too upset if we lost.
>>
>>69040071
Not an obsessed england her,but I'm pissed off with everyone's disrespect to Iceland.

But laughing so hard at england, people are basically laughing more becasue Iceland are so small and shit lol.

Iceland have put a lot of effort into improving and everyone is basically mocking them with out realising.

Fuck off leave Iceland alone
>>
>>69038445
> Moyes
>>
>>69040057
The only reason why there was such a massive fallout after Iceland vs. England is because /sp/ hyped up England knowing that they would suffer an embarrassing defeat at some point in the the Euros, which would be the perfect opportunity to meme on them.

If anything England was the underdog.
>>
>>69040111
yes its sad iceland gets no credit when they played well all tournament and deserved the win. everyone is too busy mocking england
>>
>>69039751
>The best idea would be to drop them all and get players from the lower league.

If your previous opinion wasn't indicative enough that you're a fucking idiot, this certainly seals the deal.
>>
>>69040111
Iceland are a solid team, but it doesn't nearly account for how fundamentally bad Roy set up the team nor the errors that the players made constantly throughout the game.

I could see them beating France, but I guarantee France won't hand it to them on a plate like we did, even with their terrible defence.
>>
File: woystactic.png (233 KB, 371x519) Image search: [Google]
woystactic.png
233 KB, 371x519
>>
>>69040108
Please nigger, exiting your home tournament to fucking Iceland in the quarter finals and no one would be too upset? No expectations? Are you fucking delusional?
>>
>>69038518
>should have kept Sterling on
And you were doing so well. He wasn't providing any width at all because he wanted to cut inside and his crossing is woeful. Not bringing a single actual out & out winger doomed England before the Euros started.
>>
>>69039772
>>69039983
cant even play decent hoofball anymore, how sad

the funny thing is island played (proper) hoofball and beat >you at it
>>
>>69040209
People would be pissed if we lost to something like Portugal or Switzerland, but I'm pretty sure most of the bandwagoners who only watch football during big tournaments are half rooting for Iceland because muh bearded underdogs.

And no, expectations aren't too high since the team hasn't been flamboyant up to now and the Euro is seen as being part of the preparation for the world cup.
>>
>>69040202
>Alwight gents we're going with the two-one-two-two-thwee fowmation since we'll get a lot of space thwough the middle against Iceland. Questions?
>>
>>69038151
Hi raheem
>>
>>69040244
>Not bringing a single actual out & out winger doomed England before the Euros started.

Not necessarily. We could have pulled off using two inside forwards and letting the full backs provide our width if we'd pushed our centre mids deeper and given them more conservative roles. But the combination of two inside forwards, an advanced striker and two attacking centre mids was just suicidal.
>>
Is it possible that England didn't under perform and their team is actually just that shit? Looking at their team now is a bunch of spastics that did okay in a league where the best teams under performed making the shittier teams over performing look like the players were better.
Even with a crappy manager you shouldn't lose to shit teams like Iceland
>>
>>69040087
Before the tournament the english fans were happy Roy nominated 5 (+Rooney) strikers.
>>
>>69040469
yeah cause it gives the squad depth and options. don't fucking play them all at once
>>
>>69040443
They were visibly shit as a team but the players have no excuse. Most of the Icelandic players are in second rate clubs in second rate leagues.
>>
>>69040443
>Is it possible that England didn't under perform and their team is actually just that shit?

BINGO
I
N
G
O
>>
Should have called Albrighton
>>
>>69040443
They are shit but they still under-performed due to a bad system and because they're a bunch of pussies. You don't necessarily need Spain-tier talent to do well in tournaments, just a logical approach to tactics and some spirit. That's all I ask from our NT, but they can't even give us that.
>>
>Blaming Raheem Sterling

Where was Vardy, Kane & Rooney? Lets start with these three first.
>>
Really can't see a quality manager coming in. The job is thankless and not worth the hassle, the FA are awful as well.

I'd love Bielsa but he's going to Lazio.
>>
>>69040704
It's like the most overpaid position in world football.

Loads of [shit] managers will be interested.
>>
>>69040772
Yeah, we'll get another shitter. I think Sabella is available as well but would the FA even consider an Argie? No doubt the media would have a field day with their toxic bullshit if we did.
>>
>BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources: Everyone in England lost faith in Roy Hodgson's decision making during Euro 2016.
>>
>>69040672
Rooney was shit yesterday but in the group stages he was one of our best players you cunt
>>
>>69040833
I think the only foreigners who will or should be considered are Bilic, Wenger and Ranieri because they're well-known and well-liked here.

If it's to be an English manager, Redknapp or Pardew would be the best of a bad bunch.
>>
>>69040672
>Vardy
Came late in the game, you can hardly blame him for that mess.
>>
File: Whip.jpg (11 KB, 250x213) Image search: [Google]
Whip.jpg
11 KB, 250x213
>>69037722

>MFW Sterling blatantly got bullied in the locker room, because nobody fucking likes Sterling

*Whip* "Come here Raheem!!"

"Gary, you hold him down while Jamie works the body la"
>>
>lose faith in manager
>express it by playing shit and getting btfo by Iceland
>"I'm not worried, ill play well for the next manager"
>what are the fans going to do? boo me? They'll still turn up for the next game

Id rather a team of championship players represented England and lose playing with heart than these cunts half-arsing their way games
>>
>>69039069
This. I could play with nothing but my left bollock around those two that season and come out looking like the next Messi.
>>
If a player gets benched, the rest of the team needs to recognize that they better play well or are on the chopping block as well
Not, you know, lose to Iceland
>>
>manager since 2012
>this little team spirit
How?
>>
>>69041094
Have you heard him speak?
>>
>Spurs players bottle it at the end of the season
>All get picked for England

Well that was a good idea
>>
File: 1465798328060.gif (2 MB, 332x215) Image search: [Google]
1465798328060.gif
2 MB, 332x215
>>69039880
> we have more talent than you p4p
DELUSION
>>
Reminder Sterling vindicated his decision to start him

All this ABSterling is ridiculous
>>
>not starting the striker for the league champs
>Drinky not even on the squad
>Le pacey black winger
>your tallest striker taking set pieces

I'm an amerishit and I could see the writing on the wall.
>>
>>69041125
But then the question is, why keep the fucking guy so long? It's not like he had much to show for it even before the Euros
>>
they can fuck off

obviously Roy was a shipwreck of a manager, as was his coaching team, but the players are beta little bitches who spill spaghetti whenever there's a hint of pressure.

the last England team i didn't fucking hate, was the one in 2006.
>>
>>69041190
Yeah it's just the same old buck passing that we get after every disappointing tournament. He wasn't especially shitter than anyone else. We need to look at this holistically for once instead of singling out scapegoats and ignoring the real problems.
>>
Is this the England 9/11?
>>
>>69041265
The English FA tried to enact a long-term team building plan like Germany did leading up to the 2010 WC. But apparently they selected all the wrong personnel right off the bat.
>>
>>69041298
Nah it happens every 2 years
>>
>>69041314
Yeah... I mean, long term is only a nice idea if you have competent staff to begin with. But I'm sure they'll learn from this blunder, right?
>>
>>69041298
England were good before 9/11
>>
how can the fa get it wrong for so long? even capello was a nightmare
>>
>be totally inept, and embarrass yourself and country
>lol just resign, no biggie
>btw, here's your ton of dosh

t. Roy Hodgson, David Cameron, half of Labor party etc

what's the fucking point?
>>
>>69040912
>Ranieri
>England NT
>Ranieri in international management

No thanks, England will zoom backwards.

Fuck it, can we have Ryan Giggs or Ian Holloway? Southgate's management history is crap, and nobody liked how Sam Allardyce plays at West Ham so why on earth would they like it as an England fan?
>>
>>69041298
they had 7/7 =(
>>
>>69041417
right wingers are making these jobs too stressful nobody can handle the banter
>>
>>69041417
Roy's contract is up anyway., and he's resigned so why will he get a pay off?
>>
>>69041474
he wont.

he also would not have resigned had he had any time left on his contract, just so he would have gotten a pay off, we all know this
>>
>>69037722
Anyone else feel like this is some sort of damage control to blame Woy again and basically say that they lost because of him, and the players were not motivated?
>>
>>69041474
The way he ducked a post-match interview was shameful desu

Was he writing that letter of resignation during the game? Is that why he forgot to use his 3rd sub until the 85th minute? Or did he have it in his pocket the whole time because he knew he was gonna fuck up once again?
>>
>>69041417
It's been a shit week
>>
>>69038877
>perform well at club level
>flop hard at international level
Englel players in a nutshell.
>>
>>69041642
Yeah, fuck these "senior players". They were the worst cunts on the fucking pitch. Rooney and Hart should never get another call up.
>>
daily reminder hodgson sold roberto carlos to make space for pistone.
>>
>>69041710
No would have let the chance of having a fullback called Pistone go.
>>
England hasn't had one good tournament since 1996 when they reached semi-finals of the Euros, which is arguably ok. So how come every 2 years the media hype them like they're one of the top dogs? Can anyone explain this?
>>
File: NEWENGLAND.jpg (34 KB, 338x438) Image search: [Google]
NEWENGLAND.jpg
34 KB, 338x438
Would it Work?

http://lineupbuilder.com/new.php
>>
>>69041764
*no one
>>
>>69040111
It wouldn't matter if it was Iceland or Germany. Everyone likes to mock England so when they lose whoever beat them would get the same treatment.
>>
>>69037965
He didn't even start you fucking retard. Alli and Rooney started 3/4 games and were shit in all of them.
>>
>>69041647
>The way he ducked a post-match interview was shameful desu
Not really. He resigned which was expected. It said it all.
>>
>>69041781
The Premier League and the media. Not saying it's the best league ever but there are many talented players in it, you see the English players in the same league winning titles or being top goalscorer and it creates a buzz, you see Alli score a decent goal and he gets hyped to be the next Paul Gascoigne. We believe our league is the best, and if English players can do well in the league then they must be amazing players.

The PL has so much money but also squad registration rules that mean they need to have English players, so they pay them massive wages, that also creates an expectation. Sterling is a good player but when you're 21 and you cost £50m, get paid shit loads each week, it puts a pressure on you and an expectancy from the fans.

The PL has ruined us.
>>
>>69041710
>thinking roy had control of transfer at inter

Kek. You fucking spastic.
>>
>>69041647
I think he was planning to resign once England inevitably got knocked out, and when they eventually did he'd just produce a resignation letter that he prepared before the Euros.
>>
>>69041794
No, fuck off and neck yourself Surrey cunt.
>>
Yesterday was a national embarrassment. We need a total overhaul and quick
>>
>>69041794
5212? No.
Stones is playing an advanced CB/ deep DM? No.
Dier and Henderson as DM/deep playmakers...maybe ok, but a waste with Stones in behind.
Linkup play from those two up to Dele would be tough. Likely, the front 3 are isolated except for hoofball passes.
Rashford and Vardy? Yes, good partnership.
Overall, bad mf and too narrow. Bertrand and Walker would be out of the attack because they are the entire wing defense.

This formation would get you plenty of 0-0 draws, if that is your goal.
>>
>>69042167
Watching England last night we almost don't need wingers with Walker and Rose, Rose However looked lost at International level.

Stones could play as part of a three with more license to play, Dier and Henderson in Central Midfield getting Walker and Bertrand through on the wing and challenging for the ball, and Dele Alli in his natural position for Tottenham.

Also Rashford and Vardy is a good partnership as they both look like strikers but unlike Kane they don't just stand in the middle. They both like to cut in from an angle allowing the through ball to be played.

Essentially its just the Italy Formation adapted to England
>>
>>69041794
>thinks Dele Alli should still play for England

He is garbage and lacks any football intelligence. He allows himself to get marked out of the game. When he does get the ball he tries too much. He's also a petulant child who teams can make angry during pressure matches just by touching his ears. Please don't let that goal he scored vs Crystal Palace cloud your judgement, he's a fucking shit meme player.
>>
>>69040672
introduced Vardy to the game after they had parked bus. no wonder it didnt work. someone like andy carroll was needed. well, and someone who can make decent cross, but it seems suddenly players from FUCKING ENGLEL forgot how to cross. ridiculous
>>
>>69042297
Did you enjoy watching United play the 352 last season? It is a very defensive formation. You are using fullbacks as wingbacks; at least LVG used Valencia (winger converted to fullback) and Young (winger) as wingbacks.

Honestly...goalless draw. Every game.
>>
>Michael Owen saying he wants Glenn Hoddle
>Sky Sports saying Hoddle and Redknapp would partner up for it

IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>69042073
Roberto Carlos on Roy Hodgson: "He told me I would never succeed as left back. I told him that he doesn't understand football."
>>
Give me Stuart Pierce as England manager. At least that way if they play that shit he'll slaughter them bare hand in the dressing room.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.