[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when people last week were saying he's better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Iniesta.jpg (182 KB, 2213x1659) Image search: [Google]
Iniesta.jpg
182 KB, 2213x1659
Remember when people last week were saying he's better than Zidane? Fucking L O L.
>>
he is though
>muh flicks
>muh turns
>>
Claiming Iniesta is anywhere near "great" seems to be a popular stance among certain faux connoisseurs of football these days. Tell a decent DM to mark him and Iniesta will dissolve like a sugarcube. I don't think most people realise that Barça and Madrid play in a two-team league where the other eighteen clubs can barely afford decent players to counter the media hypes that are players like Iniesta, Xavi, Isco, Koke and so on.
>>
>>69036264
lol

the only time I really saw a player dominate him completely and stop everything he attemps was Javi Martinez with Bayern in that fiasco at the Nou Camp
>>
literal messi babby
>>
>>69036162
He is
>>
He is

Dude Spain lost a game of football lmao.
>>
He is though
>>
>>69036264
>I don't think most people realise that Barça and Madrid play in a two-team league
And Iniesta only won leagues, it's not like he won 4CL, 8 leagues, like 4CdR, 2 Euro and a WC.

I'm curious, how many of you actually saw Zidane weekly? I swear you totally forgot how irregular he was, Goat level in a good game, but he was nowhere near as consistent as Iniesta, even in 2013 and 2014 (worst Iniesta) he was one of the best AM in the world.

And IRZ, btw
>>
>>69036640
Vidal ravaged him at WC14. Even PAULINHO did it in Confederations Cup final 2013. You can find such games for every legend.
>>
>>69036831
spain was pretty uncompetitive during that WC anyway. it just didn't work. not just iniesta.
the same happened yesterday
>>
>>69036792
Zidane got MOTM in a World Cup and champions league final, just because he didn't perform vs the 18th place la liga team in March doesn't mean he was inconsistent his whole career.

Outside of the 98 CL final he was the best player on the pitch in games that mattered. France won two knockout stage games since he retired, I doubt that will happen to Spain once Iniesta leaves
>>
>>69036162
the current generation will always say that the top players from the generation before were not that good/overrated. it's just the way most people think, unfortunately
>>
>>69036920
>Zidane got MOTM in a World Cup and champions league final
So did Iniesta
>>
>>69036162
old fucks will always say that the top players from this generation are not that good/overrrated. it's just the way most people think, unfortunately
>>
>>69037104
And? I didn't say Iniesta was inconsistent.

The Zidane was inconsistent stuff can only be argued in the league. Did Ronaldinho rape Madrid in a few Clasicos while Zidane didn't make an impact? Sure, but there's been games when Iniesta has also been shut down and didn't do anything. Both of them are great but I'd put Zidane a tier above. Mainly because it took the French team a decade to recover when he retired, and they were already failing before they begged him to come back in qualifiers.
>>
Let's stop trying to avoid the elephant on the room, Spain has turned to its real self in ALL sports since the medic that gave doping to all its athletes was busted.
They ran like hell because of doping, couple that with being decent at passages and you get that Spain.

Remove the doping and you get 5PA1N.
>>
>>69036640
Beer gut De Rossi nutmegged him yesterday
>>
He was looking really tired against Croatia and Italy. Barely even moving or trying anything at all after the first few minutes.

The technique is there and it's amazing, but it takes a huge nose dive as soon as he gets exhausted, which was WAY too soon. In fact, this seems to apply to the entire Spanish NT.

They were just not up to par athletically speaking in this tournament. At least not to keep the intense work rate their playstyle requires to be effective.
>>
They haven't won anything since that blood bag scandal exploded.... it must be coincidence amirite?

Euro 2008*
Fifa WC 2010*
Euro 2012*
>>
>>69037670

they are used to being on steroids and giving 200% more than their body can take for 90 minutes
now without roids they are 5PA1N
>>
>>69036891
do you know Jajalo? yesterday Iniesta looked like the average Jajalo
>>
>>69037723
some day, hopefully soon, the fake spanish golden era will be exposed
>>
>>69037823
This makes you wonder just how many technically genius players don't make it due to the insane athletic requirements of modern football.
>>
>>69037846
wow the amount of butthurt on the last posts is off the charts, the next post will be "I hope their plane crashes and the whole team dies"
grow up, ffs
>>
Zidane moron. Inesta the best
>>
>>69037206
Yeah I remember 2010-2013 Spain/Barca

EPOs, EPOs for everyone.

They pressed for 90 minutes every game non-stop, no other team could do that. In hindsight it was very obvious. Look how mediocre Spain is now.
>>
>>69037989
desu there are no links between that doping guy and football teams
some people here are just mad about Spain mainly because they're Valentino Rossi fans or still butthurt about euro 2012
>>
>>69038501
its the difference between being an immature sore loser and taking defeat with some dignity
you guys outplayed us yesterday and you also looked more physically fit but you wont see me screaming DOPING ITALIAN CHEATERS! the best team won yesterday, plain and simple.
Spain only came close to dominate the game and scoring a goal when de Rossi got subbed and Aduriz was in, too bad he only lasted a few minutes before he injured himself and at that point we had no strikers left because Morata got subbed just a minute earlier. No Llorente, no Alcacer, not even the brazilian cunt. BUT THANK GOD LUCAS VAZQUEZ WAS THERE AMIRITE? fuck del bosque honestly, we need another luis aragonés, not fucking krusty the clown
>>
Iniesta looks terrible, like he's pushing 50. Just terrible.
>>
>>69036250
I guess that's why he hasn't had half the influence Zidane had in the big games? Retard.
>>
>>69036783
*2 games you utter moron. And he was fucking shit in them.
>>
Lel
>>
>>69038413
>They pressed for 90 minutes every game non-stop,
Is this bait? Barça and Spain pressing for 90 minutes? They literally did the opposite, they had the ball all the time and the other team pressed.
>>
>>69037723
The last wc already put them in reality. Next one is gonna be the same.
>>
>>69037169

That only proves that France became a pleb team after Zidane retired.

I agree though that Zidane is overall better than Iniesta. And peak Zidane> peak Iniesta. But still peak Iniesta was a master jedi.

They guy is 32 yrs old now. Give him a break.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.