[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs fail in the Champions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 1443131026665.png (51 KB, 200x221) Image search: [Google]
1443131026665.png
51 KB, 200x221
>teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs fail in the Champions League
>still overwhelmingly pick players from these clubs based on muh name recognition

So fucking retarded. How about pick English players that actually play and not sit on the bench for Johnny Foreigner? C'mon Bongs, I rooted for your Brexit, and I still want to see you succeed on the pitch. Get it togehter, mates.
>>
All of them are shit and it didn't matter what club they come from. This is proven by Rashford having the best performance when he was on the pitch for seven minutes
>>
liverpool and spurs weren't in the CL
liverpool made it to the EL final
>>
There was literally only one Arsenal player in that squad and he barely played all season.

The problem was that there was too little Arsenal players.
>>
>>69036096
Yes we should have given chances to fantastic players such as Gibbs, Walcott, Ox and Chambers. Truly you know your stuff.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160627-201755.jpg (241 KB, 1143x943) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160627-201755.jpg
241 KB, 1143x943
>>69036096
What great arsenal English players should they had brought lad?
>>
>>69036077
I'm talking the last five or so years. At this point, you can throw Chelsea and United in there too. When 4/5ths of your team is composed of has-beens, why not look to other clubs in the Prem or even lower levels? Can't be worse than what you have now.
>>
>>69036057
1 Liverpool player played yesterday. 1 Arsenal player played yesterday.

5 Tottenham players played yesterday.

Seriously? The team lacked any sort of effort and left players like Milner and Henderson on the bench and Drinkwater at home.
>>
>>69036130
>Milner and Henderson

oh lawd please be joking
>>
>>69036057
>first time since the 90s that spurs are well represented in the England squad
>let's lump spurs in with all the rest of them
PS. Vardy was rubbish too
>>
>>69036143
At least they fucking run. Nobody in your team gave a fuck yesterday. Say what you want about Liverpool's players but they at least try.

And Lallana has been in form lately. Why didn't he make an appearance?
>>
>>69036164
>At least they fucking run
And that's the problem with English football. Headless chickens running around achieving nothing.

>Lallana
Okay so you support Liverpool. No wonder you're delusional.
>>
>>69036143
Milner would've done a job on the right side of the centre midfield. At least he would have been there to receive passes and to break up the opponent's play. Rooney and Alli offered absolutely nothing in the middle of the pitch.
>>
>>69036057
>1 arsenal player in the whole squad
>5 of the 11 starting players were Spurs
>United and City also had 2 each
>Somehow its arsenal and liverpools fault
Kys j*w
>>
>>69036176
>And that's the problem with English football. Headless chickens running around achieving nothing.

Did you watch the game yesterday? One of the main problems was the absolute lack of movement. There was literally no one even trying to link defence and attack.
>>
>>69036176

I don't understand. What would you have changed about the lineup yesterday? You think they put the best team out there?
>>
>>69036202
A better manager
>>
Going into any tournament, we know England sucks. Why do people still hype them and then make "what went wrong" threads afterwards? England sucks at soccer. They're fucking awful. The USA has surpassed them. I hope we wind up in a group with them at the World Cup.
>>
>>69036143
You need players like them to pull all aspects of the team together. It was what was massively missing against Iceland. Dier, Alli and Rooney didn't have a fucking clue how to run a midfield properly.
>>
>>69036220
I'll agree on that.

It was quickly apparent that nobody was trying and Hodgson is bringing on forwards when the problem was that they couldn't even get the ball meaningfully up the pitch.
>>
Every kid in this country plays fucking football, why can't we get some good players?

Surely it's just a matter of choosing whoever is best in the country and slapping them into a team?
>>
>>69036225
This. Like I said, say what you want about Milner and Henderson but they cover ground, intercept passes, and transition the play from defense to offense properly.
>>
Lineup

Same back five

Midfield of Henderson, Milner, Alli

Strikers Lallana, Sturridge, Sterling

I only pick Sterling since he didn't bring any other attacking wingers, the silly old twat.
>>
People think players can replicate their club form for England. England don't have Klopp, Firmino and Coutinho. They don't have Pep, Aguero and De Bruyne. They don't have Mourinho, Martial and De Gea. They don't have Pochettino, Alderweireld and Dembele.

English players are propped up by superior international talent, it's no wonder they're so shit for England.
>>
>>69036224
>The USA has surpassed them

Fuck off, idiot.

England individually is miles ahead of us and will be for decades. Our best player is an unproven 17 year old.
>>
>>69036271
>Surely it's just a matter of choosing whoever is best in the country and slapping them into a team?

I think it's more important to create a tactical system that plays to our strengths and then consistently pick the players best adapted to this system, even if it means consigning certain celebrities to the bench. Less talented teams than ours play better than us for this reason. Enough with the gutless, bric-a-brac squad selection.
>>
>>69036345
Are we going through a dark generation of US soccer? The well kind of really ran dry after Donovan/Dempsey.
>>
>>69036394
England's best player is an unproven 18 year old
>>
>not fielding the Leicester team

epic fail
>>
>>69036345
Yeah, but we have an actual cohesive team with a manager that is at least competent enough to not start 3 center forwards out of position.
>>
The biggest problem was that Dier was garbage and there was nobody available to replace him. By being forced to sub him, it fucked the entire lineup. Could have had Drinkwater in for Dier and Wilshire for Rooney to set up a 4-2-3-1.

Instead, fucking Rooney in a holding role (lmao), Alli playing CM and constantly out of position up the pitch, and 3 strikers who can barely touch the ball. Absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>69036445
We only did it to zardes and wood :^)
>>
>>69036394
Dark age? Not really. I don't think. We're in transition.

Pulisic has the potential to be better than Donovan due to him not being a pussy and getting homesick in Europe. BVB will assuredly get the most of him, if he truly has the ability. If not, he'll definitely get opportunities elsewhere across the pond and stay over there.

Brooks, Wood and Yedlin are all young and showing real signs of improvement. Next season will be telling for Wood especially.

We're definitely not loaded with elite prospects but we never have been. Our best players seem to realize that you need to get the fuck over to Europe ASAP and leave the MLS to develop its own with their academies .
>>
>>69036542
kek so why was our team so cucked to MLS in the last 15 years?
>>
>>69036583
Because they(MLS) stupidly want to be more than a developmental/feeder league.

US Soccer is torn because although they recognize how important a domestic league is to developing a soccer culture here, they'd much rather have our top flight youth shipped overseas.

MLS needs to just die and a new junior-pro league created... similar to the Canadian Hockey League that feeds the NHL.
>>
>>69036445
You would honestly probably beat us in a tournament game right now. I wish England players had some of the spirit that the American players have.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.