[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The rest of the world prays every night in hope that the United
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: america.png (687 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
america.png
687 KB, 900x506
The rest of the world prays every night in hope that the United States of America won't start taking soccer seriously.
>>
>>69029742
please stfu with this meme

We do take it more seriously than other World Powers like China and Russia and we still suck.
>>
>>69029867
Until soccer offers the same contracts offered by literally every other major sport in the US, our national team will always be our D-team athletes
>>
Sometimes I wonder, if sports like Baseball or American football ever get globalized. Would America start sucking balls at them too?

I mean look at England, they claim to have invented football and today they were BTFO by a dentist and his crew
>>
>>69029941

Aren't many baseball players in the US nowadays from Latin America?
>>
>>69029941
So true
>>
>>69029981
Most of them are from Dominican Republic.
>>
>>69029941
>American football
Depends on how good you're niggers are. Ours have the advantage of selective breeding.
>Baseball
Japan is already catching up. Wouldn't surprise me if Cuba became a powerhouse too.
>>
>>69029941
baseball is decently (cricket/basketball level) international. Best players are American and it's not close
>>
>>69029941

That's because these other nations have far less future prospects and give birth to better players. Coming form nothing is quite the incentive.

It's why basketball is still a global sport that America dominates. It's played in poverty on the streets.
>>
>>69029941
It would definitely start to even out like hockey has with European players. I'd love to see talent from outside America in the NFL. I want the best of the best.
>>
>>69029867
we definitely don't take it more seriously than the Russians. i'd wager the only country where it's less popular than here would be Canada. but I am probably wrong about that.
>>
>>69029941
Wena. Really makes you think
>>
>>69030018
>Depends on how good you're niggers are. Ours have the advantage of selective breeding

Yeah, I ain't seeing that happening any time soon,. I could literally join the amateur national league just by wanting to play. Maybe Europe could start to build something up
>>
>>69029919
Compared to the other athletes in our country, the soccer team is like a Q team.
>>
>>69029742
>>69029941
>>69030018
I'd like to see Basketball of all sports nationalized the most
>>
>>69030712
Eastern Europe and China have their own leagues.
>>
>>69030771
We have our own college league I think, I could be wrong
>>
>>69030022
baseball and basketball aren't international sports you pleb. Yeah there are other non-American countries that play them, but the international tournaments are a joke

whereas in cricket the international competitions are the pinnacle of the sport
>>
>>69030805
never talk to me again
>>
@69030849
thanks for the (you), my fat friend
>>
This board fucking sucks now.
>>
>>69029742
I actually want the US to take soccer seriously. It will be good for the sport.

Yes, really.
>>
File: 623452346242.jpg (12 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
623452346242.jpg
12 KB, 200x237
>>69029742

>implying 3rd worlders aren't godless heathens

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/2/4145560/come-and-get-it-how-sperm-became-one-of-americas-hottest-exports
>>
>>69030997

This board has dramatically increased in quality with the Euros and Copa, you giant faggot

>boring, vanilla-as-fuck NHL and NBA finals
>Djokowinslol
>Boreball
>>
>>69030997
too much futbol tbqh

power rankings need to come back
>>
>>69031124
Messiposting and Engleposting will save this board
>>
>>69031020
Soccer needs some new blood, some new strong teams in it. That's why people are so excited about Iceland, but they are just an one-hit wonder. US has a lot of influence, if they got serious into the game it'd change a lot.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.