[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he our only hope for a world class player? This guy's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
Is he our only hope for a world class player?

This guy's already scoring goals at age 17 in a real European league for a decent team. He's already way ahead of jokes like Adu or Zelalem who were supposed to be the next big thing and he's probably a top 5 player on the national team right now. What do you guys think of him?
>>
Who?
>>
>>69024016
He's gonna apply for that German nationality soon.
>>
>>69024095
Christian Pulisic. Plays for Dortmund and already has 9 appearances as a 17 year old and an international goal.
>>
>>69024016
You will have some fun with him, my free friend... an awesome winger, just hope BVB does what they can do best - make him a world class player and then selling him off to Buyern bc they fear a challenge
>>
>>69024120
>german

he'd pick croat before german, not like it matters cause he's already been capped for the senior team
>>
>>69024016
>17

most of super talented kids don't succeed, do you know that?
most of our U-21 team doesn't reach senior team, in sense 5-6 years later they aren't key players
>>
>>69024016
Maxres Default? Never heard of him.
>>
it's better to forget about him and let him do his thing
>>
>>69024016
freddy adu had better stats at 17
>>
its too early to say as he rarely played
next seasion he will probably get more time to prove himself
>>
Emerson Hyndman (20) will be playing in Premier Leauge after his transfer to Burnley this summer. Cameron Carter-Vickers (18) will probably get a couple of appearances at Tottenham this year. These two and Pulisic are our best bets.
>>
>>69024168
He already reached senior team though so it's a little different.
>>
His frame reminds me of Oscar, unless he some how gets bigger, I don't see him growing physically at all. That's not a criticism of his footballing just a critique of his body.
>>
>>69024254
freddy adu didn't play in europe though
>>
What happened to julian green? He had a nice goal in the world cup
>>
>>69024016
Pulisgod (17), Hyndman (20), Carter-Vickers (18) and Horvath (21) will lead the USMNT into glory in due time.
>>
More of our youth needs to go to Europe. The MLS training staff are retarded, no players can progress
>>
Don't forget about Brooks. He is probably the best American player right now.
>>
>>69025181
2022 champs
>>
>>69025181
Zelalel
I still have hope for Gyau
>>
File: usatsi_8521473_168381069_lowres.jpg (725 KB, 1748x1179) Image search: [Google]
usatsi_8521473_168381069_lowres.jpg
725 KB, 1748x1179
morris?
>>
I expected a bit more playtime this Copa for him.
Sadly you had
>Klinsmann
>>
>>69024095
Max Resdefault
>>
is the Julian Green meme over already?
>>
>>69029764
Kid has no heart. He is not a real american.
>>
>>69024016

right now yes. I dont see any other potential star players coming from the u.s.
>>
>>69027318
Literally who collelge man who le score a tap in goal against an actual Memexican Z team isnt rated
>>
>>69024016
fuck "world class"

that would be unprecedented for our country so stop thinking about it.

if he's "donovan class" we hit the jackpot

if he's "dempsey class" we're blessed

if he's a decent starter in one or two world cups we're lucky

if he's in and out of the selection he's ok

if he doesn't pan out it's expected
>>
>>69024016
He is the only American player who has the potential to be great
He's still young so you better not push him too hard
Sadly for him I don't think he'll ever have a great team around him to win major tournaments
>>
File: 1407100240333.jpg (57 KB, 900x550) Image search: [Google]
1407100240333.jpg
57 KB, 900x550
>It's a MLS soccer hipster faggot episode
>>
>>69030384
We already have a great back line which will be supplanted with Carter Vickers and maybe Miazga. We just need to patiently wait for Zelalen and Hyndman to develop in the EPL and for Bobby Wood to become GOAT and possible move to Buyern
>>
>>69030403
Let's be honest
You will never have a top-tier NT
You need real passion and quality to be among the best
Your domestic championship is irrelevant and not suited to the needs of professional football
The entire structure of US football is to be changed if you want to compete with top nations
Pullisic and some good players won't change that
>>
>>69030483
>Watches Iceland meme on England, still doesn't learn.
Atleast our league is growing, shame on you pierre.
>>
>>69030483
It's true. At least unless nu males start a nationwide bandwagon against handegg as a health hazard.
>>
>>69030483
http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php?mode=players

Look, we don't need another foreigner telling us what we know. The fact is that domestic soccer isn't popular enough to support the investment and wholesale changes necessary to produce world class players. Talking about it won't change anything. As it stands, many of the kids with ambition who are scouted early go to europe. The MLS academy system is only >5 years old. No one is pretending we'll be great overnight. But we should be seeing better talent in the national team than we have been. We are undoubtedly in a cyclical low point, as most national teams go through.
>>
>>69030403
>We already have a great back line
>great

it's decent, but don't get carried away.

also we don't have a competent GK ready to replace Howard, because Guzan is obviously mediocre.
>>
File: adams.png (471 KB, 661x597) Image search: [Google]
adams.png
471 KB, 661x597
>>69030601
>trying to stop children from getting brain damage makes you a nu-male
>>
>>69030394
Who are you even talking to
>>
>>69029886
If Donovan had spent his prime in the PL he'd have been considered borderline world class. No, I am not an MLS fag. I wish Donovan never touched the MLS
>>
>>69030483
We dont need world class talent, we need a team that works and a coach that can get the best out of the group. Look at Chile. They only have 3 great players while others are meme players from local literally who teams or benchewarmers in lower table euro clubs. We already have a few good set of players in Brooks, Pulisic, Wood and Johnson who have all performed well in upper table bundes clubs this season. Now we're just waiting for some of our youth to finish developing and we'll be good to go as long as we replace klinsmann with a good coach. We dont have to wait decades like you seem to think
>>
>>69030926
We have had a team that works for 15 years. The problem is that half of the players were bad. A world class player in 2010 would have helped us beat Ghana and perhaps beat Uruguay too. A world class player would have crowded Chris "The Miss" Wondolowski off the field and we could have beaten Belgium.
>>
>>69030971
Belgium should have destroyed you in 2014
27 shots on goal remember
It could have been 10-0 without their inefficiency and some good saves by Howard
The mere fact that it went to extra time was unbelievable
>>
>>69030747
I'm glad he ended up in MLS. It was on the verge of collapse in the early 00s and he helped save it.
It probably prevented him from reaching his potential, but it was better for the development of soccer here.

As for what he could have been in the PL? Who knows. He always lacked a killer instinct and there was no fixing that. He coasted on elite physical ability and good technique and vision, but was never transcendent or a clinical finisher.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.