[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not the dust has been settled, which players that deserve place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11
Not the dust has been settled, which players that deserve place in NT but didn't called.
>>
Joey Barton
>>
Rashford
>>
>>69020109
>mfw I would say all the players that have failed for England before and then I remembered that we have the youngest squad at the tournament
There's no hope for us. I almost wish we'd become Holland tier just so we wouldn't need to suffer any more.
>>
>>69020109
Noble
Cork
Cattermole

They wouldn't have been outfought.
>>
defoe
>>
>>69020109
Literally any winger if we're going to play 4-3-fucking-3
>>
>>69021543
>picking shit cos of muh passion

nah, lad.
>>
>>69020109
Englands brave Robert Huth.
>>
townsend
>>
>this Drinkwater meme

he would have been as shit as all your other shit players
>>
>>69020109
drinkeh, noble >>> wheelchair, dier, henderson
townsend or even fucking albrighton >>>>> lallana >>>>> sterling
Carroll instead of Rashford (rash is decent, but headers from Carroll are probably best in europe now, maybe that was what england needed)
therefore creswell instead of rose/walker/clyne etc. if Carroll got the call. and basically england crosses were fucking dreadful in all 4 matches and this lad can provide nice crosses.
>>
>>69020109
Charlie Austin
Mark Noble

And Mike Bassett as manager
>>
Andy Carroll
>>
Carrol
Townsend
Noble
Drinkwater
Defoe
>>
If Mario Gomez can hack it for Germany Andy Carroll can certainly do well for England.
>>
Liam ridgewell
>>
>>69021949
Gomez is a thousand times better than Carroll, you dumb cunt.
>>
>>69021641
They're also good footballers in good club form.
>>
Carroll would genuinely have been useful against a parked bus. Too many pacy strikers/wingers, not a single battering ram.
>>
>>69022059
So is Vardy, Alli, Kane, Dier, Walker and Rose.

They were all shit too.
>>
>>69020109
as much as I would have loved to see drinky hit the ball 50 yards to vardy or see townsend cut in and bloot shit up, we were more than capable to win all our games with our team. however woy did not have a fucking clue.

>benching the 2nd top scorer and pl champ
>kane on free kicks
>sturridge dropping in deep so he cant even threaten the goal or sticking him wide when he cant even cross
>not using a good sub until the game has almost finished even though the team is playing shit
>sterling
>>
>>69022096
How? did you watch our games? Our crossing is fucking awful, either over hit or can't beat the first man.
>>
Bobby Huth
Wes Morgan
Albrighton
Drinky
>>
Robbie Huth
>>
>>69022096
exactly. however crosses were still terrible during all 4 matches
>>
>>69022096

Just like he was useful 4 years ago huh? You see the difference between England and a team like Iceland, is that the Icelandic players dont get paid hundreds of thousands a week and get told they're world class.
>>
>>69020109
DRINKY
R
I
N
K
Y
>>
>>69022248
>Bobby Huth
>Wes Morgan

Simpson
>>
>>69022552
>spacker logic

being told they're world class and "muh millions" is fuck all to do with anything.
>>
Joe Foster
Andros Townsend
John Terry
Aaron Lennon
>>
File: RobbieHuth.png (210 KB, 348x934) Image search: [Google]
RobbieHuth.png
210 KB, 348x934
Englands Brave Robbie Huth is the best British centre back of a generation and he was left at home!
>>
>>69020109

Carrol
Huth
Defore
Barkley should have been played
>>
Tom Lees
>>
>>69022652

It has everything to do with it cause for sure a player like Sterling isn't worth 50 million anywhere.
>>
>>69022863
No, no it doesn't.

Stick your ape collide threads, you thick nigger.
>>
>>69022923

Stellar argument there Nigel. And no I'm not American nor do I follow American sports.
>>
>>69022984
Okay, Ty'Rone. Back to nigger hoop general with you.
>>
>>69023038

You realized you can't argue Sterling's worth being 50 million and now it's vomit inducing /pol/ posting huh?

Time for bed sonny boy.
>>
>>69023121
What Man City paid for him has fuck all to do with this argument, DaShawn, you stupid coon.
>>
Drinky, Noble, Carroll.Big man/Little man with Carroll and Rashford. Hoof ball all the way
>>
>>69023191

>A below average / mediocre player's price being over-inflated has nothing to do with him being called up to the English national team

Saddening how many chromosomes you're missing. One more chance. This time try to fashion an actual argument.
>>
>>69023255
+ Antonio

>all these superstars still fucking lose
>>
>>69023191

>implying that the artificial inflation of English players value by the quota system doesn't hamper the growth of players and causes players like Sterling to meme themselves into the starting XI of the national team

you don't know shit about football/soccer, you can listen while the adults talk

4th at the copa america is objectively/mathematically better than your ignominious exit from this euro
>>
>>69023320
Jesus Christ! This is what thick niggers actually think.
>>
>>69023363
>sterling only started playing for england when he moved to man city

You niggers really are thick as shit.
>>
>>69023374

Welp you blew your chance to prove you actually own a brain. Have fun being a shit nation at literally everything. Try and limit the /pol/ browsing too, it's making you dumber than you actually are.
>>
MICHAIL FUCKING ANTONIO

I May be biased because i'm a forest fan so i kinda have a soft spot for the guy but he would've been fucking perfect.

Instead we got Lil shit twink sterling instead of raging Bull antonio fuck that owl faced cunt hodgson fucking gay ass nigga motherfucking droop motherfucking looking gay ass homo fuckboy with his gay ass droopy skin

MICHAIL FUCKING ANTONIO THOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>69023428

>missing the point that the only reason people rate him, as you say, is that he is English and that EPL teams need a certain amount of English players

dude I'm trying to open your eyes so you can start talking about what a huge problem your quota system is. your puerile insults are falling on deaf ears. pretty sure USMNT is upticking hard and your "footballing nation" is cratering.

in other words, you can disagree but you will never prove me wrong. you will keep exiting woefully early from every tournament until you take your collective head out of your collective ass and address the issues with your national soccer team.
>>
>>69020109
he would've scored every free kick that mouth breather sent soaring wide

england ledge
>>
>>69023463
You've posted illogical bollocks and wonder why no one responds to your nigger jibberish?

>hurr b-b-but le £50m
>>
>>69022923
obviously if your overpayed your ego is gonna be inflated which is gonna effect performances
>>
>>69022158
THAT'S BECAUSE ROY DIDN'T BRING ANY FUCKING TRUE WINGERRRSS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING ROYYYYYYY U CUNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>69023541
>your quota system is

What the fuck are you talking about, you simple coon?

The statement was
>You see the difference between England and a team like Iceland, is that the Icelandic players dont get paid hundreds of thousands a week and get told they're world class.>>69022552

Which is an absolute nonsense only a dumb shit nigger bereft of a clue would claim.
>>
>>69023428

Pretty much everyone in the England squad is rated two tiers higher than they actually should be, part of that reason being that they play for high to mid-table EPL team(which means nothing by the way), overrated highly paid trash end up being selected and it didn't even start with Sterling, there was no good reason for Wilshere to be in the squad let alone actually playing in the field despite being out for 2 years with injuries, along with all the other issues hampering the team like having a poor selection of managers, still using outdated tactics like hoofball without actually knowing how to cross...so instead of having a rational discussion about the woeful nature of your national team you'd rather mouth on about "thick niggers" most likely cause you're a teen who just discovered this site.

Did a thick nigger become your step dad and rob you of your childhood or something?
>>
File: donaldpepe.png (126 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
donaldpepe.png
126 KB, 1024x1024
>>69023557

>tfw you've triggered the delusional English faggot and he's resorted to using nigger in every post
>tfw you get to see England shit the bed every 2 years with the regularity of an atomic clock

I'll pretend that you have an argument to make. So what's the real problem with the English national team then?
>>
>>69022248
don't forget

Andy King
Geoff Schlupp
Chris Fuchs
Ronny-Bobby Zieler
>>
>>69021585
literally this
>>
>>69023602
Literally every pro is overpaid tbqh.
>>
>>69021543
>Cattermole
I'm not sure what good a walking red card would do
>>
File: karim benzema.jpg (58 KB, 648x415) Image search: [Google]
karim benzema.jpg
58 KB, 648x415
I understand that he fucked up and blackmailed Benzema and shit, and basically he's a huge asshole...
But he's so much better than Giroud. I wouldn't doubt our chances of winning the Euros if he was with us desu.
>>
>>69023644
>Pretty much everyone in the England squad is rated two tiers higher than they actually should be
This is what thick niggers who pay too much attention to the memes on /sp/ literally believe.
>>
File: 1462876238012.gif (1 MB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
1462876238012.gif
1 MB, 320x181
>>69023641

>You see the difference between England and a team like Iceland, is that the Icelandic players dont get paid hundreds of thousands a week and get told they're world class

and you think that's completely unrelated to the quota system? jesus christ, I'm done. enjoy your title drought.
>>
>>69023647
Shit manager picking players based on popularity
>>
>>69023747

I'm actually waiting for you to post something that is vaguely related to football but all I see is a teenager who just discovered /pol/ for the first time throwing a temper tantrum.
>>
>>69020109
Bobby Moore
Bobby Charlton
Gary Lineker
Glenn Hoddle
>>
>>69023644
>there was no good reason for Wilshere to be in the squad let alone actually playing in the field despite being out for 2 years with injurie
Only one year. Irrelevant, he's pretty much fit and happens to be one of our better midfielders. He played well in Roy's system during the qualis, so it kinda made sense to pick him over someone who was given an opportunity but didn't, like Drinkwater
>>
>>69023732
we don't need that bougnoule
with Griezmann and Payet we can do it
>>
File: 1465666788388.gif (664 KB, 253x200) Image search: [Google]
1465666788388.gif
664 KB, 253x200
>>69020109
>Not the dust has been settled
>>
>le quota system is le problem
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 224x250) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 224x250
>>69020109
Townsend, Drinkwater and Noble. /SP/ actually gave me shit for those selections but sterling did fuck all, Lallana and Wilshere are fucking donkeys.

I don't mind, we have become a bunch of fucking meme stars ignoring the hardworking players who can actually play for the shirt.
>>
>>69023747

>Blaming your national team being awful on /sp/ memes
>>
>>69023787
We were shit when we didn't have a quota system and it didn't apply to Sterling when MC bought him as he was under 21

England's problems are more to do with The FA, their approach to football, their arrogant culture and their management selections.
>>
File: 0qkuvn1h7vv0.jpg (41 KB, 390x555) Image search: [Google]
0qkuvn1h7vv0.jpg
41 KB, 390x555
>Drinkwater
>Barkley
>Walcott
>Jagielka
>Shawcross
>Baines
>Welbeck
>Dack
>Rashford

But England is so into memes and "bigger club, better player"
>>
>>69023893

Wilshere was actually dreadful the moment he came on.

>Rooney as a playmaker

Half the time he can't even pass straight.
>>
File: thatsgay.png (4 KB, 268x81) Image search: [Google]
thatsgay.png
4 KB, 268x81
>>69023954

>le greentext an argument and don't refute any of the points that have been made

just lmfao at you faggots, the amazing thing is that this delusion is rife at the top levels of your governing bodies

tell yourself whatever you want, you just lost to iceland bro

stay cucked Mohammad
>>
>>69024044
No, I'm blaming you thick nigger cunts for assuming the opinions of English players are exaggerated because your only source of info on them is "le vardy meme magic" "drinkeh" shit posted on here by spastics.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 393x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 393x386
>>69024009
Bigger clubs, better players meme mate.. No one cares for those "hardworking" faggots. Why be a top team when you can think you're a top team?
>>
>>69024070
The whole team was dreadful. Wilshere's not to blame. At least he could actually has and keep hold of the ball unlike Rooney, Kane, Alli and Walker.
>>
>>69024101
>your only source of info on them is "le vardy meme magic" "drinkeh"

All the points I brought up about having a poor manager, outdated tactics and poor selections went right over your head innit lad?
>>
England's problem is that you don't know football
you've got good players with great qualities
but you don't know what "playing well" means
What you need is a foreign manager with a vision and an identity
Wenger is the ultimate choker but with him you will look like a pro football team
the level of the play was so appalling in the second half that I couldn't stop laughing
any other country with these players would have done much better
>>
>>69024087
>b-b-but le quota system that i don't understand is the problemo
>>
So now that the dust has settled can it be agreed upon that England fucked up by taking so many Tottenham players? Tottenham are known fucking bottlers yet they started a bunch of matches for England and brought their shit mentality. Also, shoehorning rppny into the starting XI was just retarded.
>>
>>69024155
Wenger could do it. Semi-retirement for him and he'd thrive with the challenge. Set it up at all levels. Might not win tournaments but could set it up for someone to come in after (Howe, maybe) and get the glory.
>>
>>69024190

http://sg.soccerway.com/matches/2016/01/31/world/friendlies/united-states-of-america/iceland/2177279/

>in b4 friendly

this is amazing dude, I love seeing you morons gloat about your "best league in the world" then get BTFO every god damn time in the national tournaments

just keep doing what you're doing, today has been absolutely hilarious
>>
>Them Harry Kane freekicks

Couldn't stop laughing. If he's the best fella you got on set pieces you're in trouble.
>>
>>69024155
>you've got good players with great qualities
We really don't. Not one is anywhere near top 5, or even maybe top 10 in their respective position.

The thick Yank niggers think because they read some hyperbolic meme nonsense on here that there's this genuine belief these players are actually held in high esteem by the English supporter base.

They aren't. And that isn't some bitter reaction to tonight's result, we just don't produce anything anywhere near the sort of quality needed to perform on an international stage
>>
>>69024261
I don't think the PL is the best league in the world. That's Sky marketing rhetoric to sell their product.

Nice try though, dumb fucking nigger.
>>
>>69024348
>o-only yanks overrate us
>w-we have been level headed with our expectations
>>
>>69024348

>This butthurt brit is still going

If I hop on a proxy, will you stop being so mad? Kek this is so hilarious.

> there's this genuine belief these players are actually held in high esteem by the English supporter base

But no one said that you retard. In fact people are saying the opposite.
>>
>b-b-but we beat iceland in a friendly
>>
>can't even get passed the round of 16 in the expanded format
English shitters on suicide watch.
>>
>>69024436
>But no one said that you retard>>69023644
Kek. Fucking thick nigger.
>>
>>69023479
T H I S
H
I
S

He's exactly what we needed
>>
>>69024515
not really
english people know how awful we are at knockout football regardless of opponent
>>
File: borthwick.jpg (37 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
borthwick.jpg
37 KB, 590x350
>>69020109
this fella in the midfield, bring in borthwick-jackson too for rose
>win everything
>>
>>69024348
you've got Stones and Smalling on defence
Dier is a good holding midfielder
Rose and Clyne are gifted and fast fullbacks who can contribute to the attack
Kane is a good CF
Sturridge can make differences
Alli is a gifted player
the problem is that they play at a pace that is so slow and predictable they can't achieve anything against a well organized team
you need precision, creativity, to combine to destabilize a defense
you need more than crosses and shots from outside the box
this is more mindset problem than anything else
if you don't change your way of thinking football as a whole England will never achieve anything
>>
>>69024520

Not only a polturd, but also can't read. Unfortunate cards you were dealt there.
>>
>>69020109
Carrol>Kane
>>
>>69024631
>you've got Stones and Smalling on defence
hahahahah
>Rose and Clyne are gifted and fast fullbacks who can contribute to the attack
omg
>Kane is a good CF
Stop, this has to be bate at this stage
>Alli is a gifted player
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>69024631
I think you're overrating us as a footballing nation. Our entire history is one that doesn't really warrant the huge expectations placed upon us. A flukey WC win on home soil and literally nothing else other than 3 semi finals.
>>
>>69024631
>Kane is a good CF

Average overrated trash just like all the other English CFs before him. Looked like Altidore out there tonight.

All those other players you mentioned aren't anything special either, every team has fast fullbacks, and can get a solid DM who will actually do his job. Smalling is proper trash as a CB, far from world class. Should have even wheeled in Terry for this last tourney, at least he actually cares about defending and isn't completely worthless at set pieces.
>>
What do you call a street that sells only sandwiches?

A Deli Alley!
Kek
>>
>>69024699
3-0
>>
#BECKHAM4MANAGER
>>
>>69024633
>nigger trying to troll and back track

kek
>>
>>69024756
Rose is way better than Evra and I'll take Stones and Smalling over Rami anyday
I would take Clyne and Walker over Sagna too
I think England has the players to compete at a high level, not being eliminated by Iceland
>>
>>69024889
No thanks. The bloke's a fucking half wit, was a terrible captain and would be savaged by the press.
>>
>Its a people actually respond to that one UK flag guy who never makes an argument and just posts /pol/ shit
>>
>its a thick nigger americunt showing why they should be banned from football threads on /sp/ episode
>>
>>69025092

tell yourself whatever you want, England woefully underachieves and we have outlined the reasons why. plugging your ears and yelling won't make your team reach a final.

can't wait until we have a higher fifa ranking than you, holy shit that will be amazing

but you will keep greentext memeing and avoiding actual argument, god damn can't wait for it lmao
>>
>>69025280
>my reasons are fact even though they weren't applicable years ago when england were still a fucking failure

kek. fucking niggers
>>
>>69025358
most of the european comments on football (soccer) are arguments over who's team is whiter. so if anyone should be banned from talking about football, it's not americans.

we might not know that much about soccer but at least we actually try talking about it.
>>
>>69025467
>if i lie, people might actually believe my shit
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.