[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there no players like Curry in soccer? Players who can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 11curry-web-superJumbo-v2.jpg (556 KB, 2048x1269) Image search: [Google]
11curry-web-superJumbo-v2.jpg
556 KB, 2048x1269
Why are there no players like Curry in soccer? Players who can consistently shoot and score from outside the 16m box? We've been living in the age of tap-in men the last two decades.
>>
Just tap it in..
Just tap it in...

From Happy Gilmore. It's what i feel like telling CR7 when he keeps missing ao many easy tap ins
>>
>>68985157
Coutinho
>>
>>68985157
There is this funky dude in goal who is allowed to handle the ball, therefore turning speculative efforts from long range futile. If basketball had goalkeepers, Curry wouldn't exist either.
>>
>>68985157
Doesn't know who Juninho Pernambucano was

Literally starting watching soccer last week
>>
>>68985157
because football is a real sport and way harder than apehoops
>>
>>68986134
Payet
Coutinho
James
The list goes on desu
>>
Hmm. I think Juninho Pernambucano was like curry, he had the consistent free-kick goal gimmick.
>>
>>68986131
He is the ray allen of soccer
>>
>>68985157
>Players who can consistently shoot and score from outside the 16m box?

Gareth Bale in his last season at Tottenham was like that. Most of his goals were from outside the box.
>>
>>68986134
NBA basketball is an incredibly difficult game that requires extremely high physical conditioning, stamina, and incredible skill level that must be practiced for years as a child into adulthood. Much like soccer.

The only position in basketball that doesn't really require this in order to be decent at the game is the center position, although you must be at least 6'11". But even then current basketball has moved away from unskilled center positions and a new era of basketball requires all positions to be able to shoot three point shots and defend all other positions with incredible footwork and fundamentals.

NBA basketball is easily one of the most difficult sports to play on earth and I would say requires more skill than soccer but not as much stamina as there are more substitutions available to coaches and resting periods.
>>
>>68986261
>>68986131
I considered him, but he was good only with free kicks, not from action. And he still wasn't that consistent, like a big weapon for the team.

>>68986095

The goal is also 50 times wider in soccer
>>
>>68985157
Hagi
>>
We need a new Arie Haan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvE5hPDmhSM
>>
I think Lampard and Gerrard were great shooters from the distance.
>>
>>68985157
Messi, Payet, Bale.....
>>
Ibra
>>
>>68986683
That clip should have been a minute tops.
>>
James does it all the time
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.