[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USA are the badguys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png (32 KB, 1280x674) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
32 KB, 1280x674
>1994: Kills Maradona's carreer and the entire argie NT with him
>2016: Kills Messi NT's carreer and most the argie NT with him
how can they get away with this?
>>
>>68980830
We're pieces of shit.

I'm sorry Messi ;__;
>>
I'm totally fine with the US never hosting a soccer tournament ever again
>>
>>68980830
Good Im glad we're btfoing soccer, shit sport.
>>
>>68981032

Still better than Handegg and Boreball.

Basketball is fine, but then again no white people play it so it makes sense because actual sports is a foreign subject to them...
>>
>>68981009
right now, you're literally the only rational solution for the Qatar mischief
>>
>>68980830
They can't, that's why they get all the shootings
>>
but Messi rekt us

how can you blame this on us?
>>
>>68981193
I repeat: never

In fact: keep it out of my hemisphere, rotate it between Europe, Asia, New Zealand, and Africa. I want every world cup game to be played either at 2AM or on a huge tape delay until I die.
>>
>>68980830
Because 'MERICAH!!!
>>
>>68981193
No. Give it to Canada
>>
>>68980830
the US has always been the bad guy, just like when they stopped hitler from being the good guy
>>
>>68981193
Too many slaves have died already for that World Cup not to take place in a desert shithole.
>>
File: Picture27.png~original.png (684 KB, 1024x657) Image search: [Google]
Picture27.png~original.png
684 KB, 1024x657
>>68981193
Please ignore the reactiontard. More REAL AMERICANS are falling in love with the footie every single day. Dinosaurs like >>68981397 are on the way out.
>>
>>68982122

>Dinosaurs

more like 14 year old baseball fans who have dads that were anti-soccer types
>>
>>68982175
How the fuck can ANYBODY want to watch boreball?
>>
>>68981193

I'd rather not see those faggots get destroyed in the group stage, spaghetti nigger.

>>68980830

That's not on >us.
>>
>>68982150
t. Franz Beckenbauer's twisted logic
>>
>>68980830
Good, fuck soccer
>>
>tfw we killed the argies in 94
>>
>>68982518
3-1 or something?
>>
I don't care about any of these players or any of these things

just don't fuck up the turf for the upcoming NFL season you cunts
>>
>>68982586

You mean Handegg aka Pussy Rugby?

>>68982331

Only says it because the USA sucks at it.
>>
>>68982151

When is this country going to fucking adopt a Rel/Pro system?

We can't have as many teams as the NFL does, it just makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>68983071
you need to go back
>>
>>68983071

Mexico is that VVVVV way, Paco,

Feel free to go back.
>>
>>68983084
>When is this country going to fucking adopt a Rel/Pro system?

Once gain, Messicans have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>68982151
Only euro-boos and mexicans watch MLS. This is a known fact.
>>
>>68983093
>>68983095

>TFW they think that your a PU70

No you fucking idiots. Your Pussy Rugby is only played by lards. Its the truth. Same with Baseball. The sooner you accept it, the better.
>>
>>68983110

Relegation/Promotion System.

Why should a league have 30+ Teams in the First Division? Literally, why? So that they feel important?

No, if they suck, down the pyramid they go and let those who deserve to go up the pyramid go.
>>
File: Mexico.gif (109 KB, 1000x826) Image search: [Google]
Mexico.gif
109 KB, 1000x826
>>68983118
You seem lost. Let me help you out.
>>
>>68982151
>REAL AMERICANS are falling in love with the footie every single day. Dinosaurs like >>68981397 are on the way out.

You're wrong, Paco.
>>
>>68983149

Why did they rename Handegg to Football?

Makes no sense, seeing as the ball is played with their feet like....10-12ish times per match.

Another question, why the fuck are there so many commercials? The sport is 4 'Quarters' that are 15 Minutes each, and the game runs for 3+ Hours.

What the fuck gives? The games is (Very Loosely) based on Rugby. And they are constantly active.
>>
>>68983198
Why does this poster have an american flag when he's clearly mexican? Makes no sense.
>>
>>68983227

I live here.

Not Mexican, but OK THEN.

Still doesn't answer the question though.
>>
>>68983259
>he thinks living in america takes away his mexican heritage
>>
>>68983139

This has been discussed ad nauseam on here, and the reason soccer leagues can get away with that system is because the talent pool is literally a billion strong, meaning these lower level clubs can always find enough talent to remain competitive in their division or competitive enough to make a run at promotion.

NO talented NFL prospect is going want to play for some minor league team, and if one of these lower level NFL teams does the impossible and promotes, their talent is getting raided the very next season.

And no, contracts won't help. No talented player will lock himself into a multiyear deal with the Omaha Shitkickers of the NFL2.

Also, land. A Brit is a 5-10 minute "tube ride" away from his favorite team's stadium, so even if they do get relegated, he won't have much excuse to not see a few games.

A lot of NFL fans don't live a few miles away from the stadium. No reasonable person is going to travel 4, 5, 6, or more hours and incur the time and expenses that go along with that to go see their former NFL team play the Omaha Shitkickers in a meaningless NFL2 matchup.

It just wouldn't work here.
>>
You think the rest of the world would send us a thank you card
>>
>>68983270

>German Parents.
>Mexican Heritage.

I'm white, that automatically makes me an American. That is how it works right?

And since I'm white, Trump can't deport me.
>>
>>68983271

>This has been discussed ad nauseam on here, and the reason soccer leagues can get away with that system is because the talent pool is literally a billion strong, meaning these lower level clubs can always find enough talent to remain competitive in their division or competitive enough to make a run at promotion.

This would be solved if Academies were built when the MLS first started and Parents would actually allow their children to play the sport instead of fattening up to play Handegg.

>NO talented NFL prospect is going want to play for some minor league team, and if one of these lower level NFL teams does the impossible and promotes, their talent is getting raided the very next season.

Players should have to play in the Minor Leagues in Order to get scouted, the draft could just be an addon if a team finds no suitable players.

>And no, contracts won't help. No talented player will lock himself into a multiyear deal with the Omaha Shitkickers of the NFL2.

Buyout Clauses.

>Also, land. A Brit is a 5-10 minute "tube ride" away from his favorite team's stadium, so even if they do get relegated, he won't have much excuse to not see a few games.

>A lot of NFL fans don't live a few miles away from the stadium. No reasonable person is going to travel 4, 5, 6, or more hours and incur the time and expenses that go along with that to go see their former NFL team play the Omaha Shitkickers in a meaningless NFL2 matchup.

Fair Point. The only fair point that could be made.
>>
>>68983302

Nope.

What makes an American is:

- Born here
- Moved here (legally) and willingly assimilated to American culture, which means no >muh heritage bullshit and believing soccer is a sport for children, women, and faggots.
>>
>>68983343
>This would be solved if Academies were built when the MLS first started and Parents would actually allow their children to play the sport instead of fattening up to play Handegg.

Don't know why you're talking about MLS when the discussion is about the NFL.

And parents are doing their children a moral good making them play real football over a game that ends in ties 95% of the time.

>Players should have to play in the Minor Leagues in Order to get scouted, the draft could just be an addon if a team finds no suitable players.

NCAA football is the minor leagues.

>Buyout Clauses.

Won't work. A player is going to want to keep his options as flexible as possible for when the call from the big leagues comes. He's not going to want to risk his minor league team playing hardball and tying things up in negotiations for a season. This happens in the NBA all the time, when a NBA team wants to buyout a Euro star and nothing materializes because they couldn't agree on terms.
>>
>>68983356

-Born Here.

I eat american food. Close enough right?

SO. What your saying is that I should stop watching Football and start rooting for handegg teams?

I've been to baseball games and can see why it's called "America's favorite pastime'. Literally passing the time throwing a ball really fast at some fat Cuban chewing tobacco aiming to hit it.

>>But it's about the Experience.

No.

I respect Basketball because of the top four sports (NFL,Basketball,Baseball,Football) and,aside from Football, it requires the most athleticism. You see no fatasses playing it.

Seriously, what is so good about Baseball?

It's not >muh heritage. its simply watching the sport I prefer to watch.
>>
>>68981397
you're a MADMAN
>>
>>68983428

The discussion was referring to the MLS you idiot. He just use the NFL as an example of why it 'can't work with the MLS and how Weird the Sports are run here.

>And parents are doing their children a moral good making them play real football over a game that ends in ties 95% of the time.

>>Real Football
>>Played with hands.

SURE...OK THEN MOVING ON.

>Won't work. A player is going to want to keep his options as flexible as possible for when the call from the big leagues comes. He's not going to want to risk his minor league team playing hardball and tying things up in negotiations for a season. This happens in the NBA all the time, when a NBA team wants to buyout a Euro star and nothing materializes because they couldn't agree on terms.

Are they not allowed to play during the negotiation term? Is this some weird rule? In football, a player can play until a contract is agreed, in which case he flies to the club HQ to finalize. Some Players have the option to not accept the terms (Usually happens with bigger name players and etc.) refuse and a new contract is drawn up to keep him at the club.
>>
>>68983434
>Seriously, what is so good about Baseball?

- No clock. Meaning no cheap tactics can be employed to run down the clock. A team is never out of it until their last out.

- Great game design that ensures a variety of scoring lines. For example, a baseball game can end in 16-10, 9-8, 5-2, 2-1, 1-0, 7-5, etc, etc. Divegrass ends 1-0 about a 50% of the time and the other 50% of the time it ends a tie.

Also, the fact a important match can be ended on a fuckin' minigame kills soccer's credibility as a real sport. It's only popular because the poor can afford to play it.

- Fat also doesn't equal unathletic. Why do you soccer fans think physique translates into athleticism?

The fat ass 302 pound Warren Sapp had a higher vertical than the "shredded" Ronaldo, and was nearly as fast sprint speed wise.

And as for baseball player's not being athletes, the fastest baseball players are much faster than the fastest soccer players. Not to mention stronger.

Soccer is aerobics with a ball involved.
>>
>>68983489
>Are they not allowed to play during the negotiation term?

Who gives a shit about this?

The POINT, Paco, is that NO aspiring NFL player is going to want to restrict his options should an offer come from the majors.

He's going to want to pack his bags and go. He won't want to risk something like negotiations breaking down and he's forced to play another year in the minor leagues until it's sorted out.
>>
stop writing such long posts with ridiculous line spacing you fucking cunts
>>
File: malouinescontrol.png (28 KB, 361x514) Image search: [Google]
malouinescontrol.png
28 KB, 361x514
>Destroys the argentinian settlement in the Falklands
>Takes the islands for themselves
>Then they just abandon them a month later
>>
>>68983512

>- No clock. Meaning no cheap tactics can be employed to run down the clock. A team is never out of it until their last out.

So this sport can go on more than the allotted time slot that DirecTV gives me? Fuck that.

>- Great game design that ensures a variety of scoring lines. For example, a baseball game can end in 16-10, 9-8, 5-2, 2-1, 1-0, 7-5, etc

So bascially games with lots of points? Because that's basically what I'm seeing. You want to see more points...

>Also, the fact a important match can be ended on a fuckin' minigame kills soccer's credibility as a real sport. It's only popular because the poor can afford to play it.

Handegg/Baseball/Basketball all can sub players in and out as they please, in Football the limit is 3 players (+1 During Extra time) Do you see the issue? You can replace a fatasses with an exact replica fatass at any given time.

The match can't go past 120+minutes because the players, most of which have been doing something ACTIVE, will most likely not be able to play their next match.

>- Fat also doesn't equal unathletic. Why do you soccer fans think physique translates into athleticism?

The fat ass 302 pound Warren Sapp had a higher vertical than the "shredded" Ronaldo, and was nearly as fast sprint speed wise.

And as for baseball player's not being athletes, the fastest baseball players are much faster than the fastest soccer players. Not to mention stronger.

Do you even think? There are breaks between EVERYTHING in both Baseball and Handegg.

Besides 1 15 Minute rest period for Football, what breaks do players get?

If these players had to play CONTINUOUSLY, as in not stopping for any reason other than attending an injury, they would choke on their own fat. Or use the funny Oxygen tanks.

In Baseball, what do the outfield players do? Stand around and if the ball comes in their direction, run to catch it and then throw it to the Diamond Players. Then they stand while the next guy at bat is struck out...
>>
>>68983579

>The POINT, Paco, is that NO aspiring NFL player is going to want to restrict his options should an offer come from the majors.

Have said many times i'm not a PU70, yet still called one. I understand why the rest of the world makes fun of the US.

And stop switching fucking sports. One Second I am talking about the MLS, some other spastic changes it to the NFL, another to the NBA and you back to the NFL.

READ. Or is that too hard for you and your concussed head?
>>
>>68983615
>So bascially games with lots of points? Because that's basically what I'm seeing. You want to see more points...

Nope. Baseball can end in a variety of different ways.

>Handegg/Baseball/Basketball all can sub players in and out as they please, in Football the limit is 3 players (+1 During Extra time) Do you see the issue? You can replace a fatasses with an exact replica fatass at any given time.

The fact players need to be subbed more in basketball and football tells me it's a more demanding sport, with regard to ENDURANCE (which isn't the same thing as stamina).

Constantly battling a 350 lb beast is a lot more intensive than prancing around a field for 90 minutes. A lol at implying that soccer players are always running. When I watch, I see players standing around watching the action more often than not.

And baseball, most pitchers will need surgery by age 27. I agree that it's not a stamina sport, though (the training for baseball is a bitch though. 4 hours in the batting cage is more exhausting than just running around for an hour).

>The match can't go past 120+minutes because the players, most of which have been doing something ACTIVE, will most likely not be able to play their next match.

Why does activity=athleticism? And why do you Yuropoors only consider "running around" the only valid form of athleticism?

Look at the decathlon. A Yuro invention to decide the "World's Greatest Athlete." And guess what? There is ONE stamina event.

>If these players had to play CONTINUOUSLY,
Easily proved wrong. The most demanding sport there is endurance wise is probably wrestling or boxing.

George Foreman was a World Champion at 45 and he was a fatass at the time.

And Rulon Gardner, a fatass, bested an opponent who was "lean" and "shredded."

I can also easily denigrate soccer players for being too weak and frail to take a hit from an NFL player or to hit a ball 450 feet. Works both ways, Paco.
>>
File: mls-cup-tv-ratings.jpg (35 KB, 482x349) Image search: [Google]
mls-cup-tv-ratings.jpg
35 KB, 482x349
>>68983636
>One Second I am talking about the MLS,

I thought you were talking about the NFL because you said, "we can't have 30 teams in the 1st division!"

The MLS only has 20 teams, but now I see you were talking about the expansion teams added. I didn't know the MLS was expanding actually, because like most real Americans, what happens in that league and in soccer as a whole doesn't interest me.

I do agree now that the MLS should do pro/rel. Since no one cares about povertyball here, the financial ramifications aren't the same as if an NFL team (even the worst one is worth over a half-a-billion dollars) got relegated.

>>
So we lost the World Cup again? That sucks.
>>
>>68983773

>The fact players need to be subbed more in basketball and football tells me it's a more demanding sport, with regard to ENDURANCE

This can only apply to Basketball, Fat on Fat crashes from Both the NFL and Baseball can' really say this.

>And baseball, most pitchers will need surgery by age 27

This is good...how?

>Easily proved wrong. The most demanding sport there is endurance wise is probably wrestling or boxing. George Foreman was a World Champion at 45 and he was a fatass at the time. And Rulon Gardner, a fatass, bested an opponent who was "lean" and "shredded."

We were only talking about the four major sports, stop trying to bring up other sports that aren't relevant to the specific topic we're talking about. And don't try to use that bullshit "but this is /SP?". We are talking about the NFL/Baseball/Basketball/Football specifically.

But since you insist to bring in other sports...

>>I can also easily denigrate soccer players for being too weak and frail to take a hit from an NFL player or to hit a ball 450 feet. Works both ways, Paco.

No shit they would. They aren't expect someone with Greek Armour to go and try to run them over. In addition to this, they would tire out after a certain distance. They can sprint, sure, but not for long distances.

Besides, Rugby players would shit on NFL players any day of the fucking week. With and Without that stupid armor they need to wear. Rugby players wear something to protect their balls and sometimes a rugby helmet and that's it.

>Constantly battling a 350 lb beast is a lot more intensive than prancing around a field for 90 minutes. lol at implying that soccer players are always running. When I watch, I see players standing around watching the action.

Atleast they are up and about though, always ready to go on a counter-attack. What do the Fatasses do? Stand around after a play that took 40 Seconds to plan and 5 to execute..

You consider blubber on blubber "Battling?" LOL
>>
>>68980830
I told you this semen slurping sport isn't for us

the U.S will be the grave yard for your semen slurping Icons
>>
>>68984008

And your athletes (Apart from Basketball) will never be known outside this country.
>>
>>68984036
>sports
>relevant

pick one faggot
>>
>>68983991
>This can only apply to Basketball, Fat on Fat crashes from Both the NFL and Baseball can' really say this.

Average height/weight of an MLB player is: 6'1.7" and 190lbs, translates in a 24.7 BMI.

Average for an EPL player:: 5'9.5" and 168lbs. A 24.5 BMI.

There are only a handful of players who are built like Bartolo Colon or CC Sabathia.

>This is good...how?

It isn't good. Just an example of the demands an MLB pitcher is under. You think the torque it takes to generate arm movement of up to 120mph isn't "demanding?"

I'd rather run around for an hour and half then have to throw 100 pitches.

>We were only talking about the four major sports, stop trying to bring up other sports that aren't relevant to the specific topic we're talking about. And don't try to use that bullshit "but this is /SP?". We are talking about the NFL/Baseball/Basketball/Football specifically.

Just illustrating that fat doesn't equate to "poor endurance." But it's funny that since you were proven wrong on this account, you're binding the debate with rules. Lol.

>Besides, Rugby players would shit on NFL players any day of the fucking week.

No.

Read:

http://randomnerds.com/the-nfl-cant-adopt-rugby-tackling-because-of-that-inch/

In American football, you need to deliver a hit that tries to fully impede a player's progress, this is why "hitting" is taught more over rugby style wrap tackling. Even the Seahawks are hitters, despite Pete Carroll employing some rugby style tackling.

And delivering a hit will always produce much, much more force than the rugby brand of wrapping. If NFL players didn't wear "armour," players would die. There's no argument here.

There's also no forward pass in rugby, meaning you there's less chance of a high speed collision like you see when a safety, running 20mph, spears a receiver over the middle.

I like rugby, watched the world cup, but the hits aren't anywhere near as powerful as they are in football.
>>
>>68981094
what the fuck are you talking about? Football is entertaining as fuck faggot.
>>
>>68984036
>YOUR

FUCK OFF CHICANO

EAT SHIT

BUILD A WALL YOU FUCKING SPIC
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.