[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be american soccer fan >on one side "lol soccer will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: delete this.jpg (49 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
delete this.jpg
49 KB, 600x1067
>be american soccer fan
>on one side "lol soccer will never be big here, joke sport"
>on the other side "MLS is the worst league in the world we need to disband it and send all of our players to europe then we'll win a world cup!"

why is being a soccer fan in this godforsaken country so much suffering?
>>
it's
suffering
everywhere

USA - no explanation necessary
England - they always fall apart
Mexico - 7-0
Brazil - 7-1
Argentina - how many consecutive finals have they choked in
Spain - 100 years of heartbreak and tnow they're finally great
France - no explanation needed (but their epic collapse in 2010 was probably the saddest thing I've ever seen)
>>
daily reminder

>Ashley Cole plays down MLS interest "not ready to relax on a beach just yet"
>MLS teams aggressively pursue him and he gets signed a year after this comment
>>
NASL to division 1 status when?
>>
>>68946936
you would succumb to jew wizardry if they cared enough

>>68946953
want NASL to become important: a team needs to sign a big player, win the US Open Cup, and petition to compete in (and perform well in) the CONCACAF Champions League
>>
>>68947011
Give us division 1 and we'll do it.
>MLels teams can't even beat liga mx teams
>>
MLS is dank, super competitive. It's filled with literal who's, but the matches are usually exciting.
most people who talk crap about the MLS are foreigners or euroboos. But the only thing that annoys me about the MLS fanbase is their belief that the MLS will be the best league in the world in the near future. It's gonna take alot, we might not even get there tbqh but I just enjoy the games.

Also, our commentators are a shit.
>>
>>68947229
how long have you been following MLS? there was a long time where the league had a reputation for being hugely uncompetitive and boring since NO GOALS WERE BEING SCORED
I stopped watching as a result; went to my first Fire game in 5 years recently and the stadium actually had good attendance and the team actually allowed a bunch of meme goals lol
pretty impressed
>>
https://youtu.be/GG-jMjvnua8
>>
>>68947352
the Seattle fans showed up during the USA/Ecuador game
great atmosphere
>>
>>68946787
Because there are 3 other sports here that are vastly more popular.
>>
>>68947593
>>
>>68947616
Hockey isn't really more popular than soccer these days. Maybe if you live near the canadian border or something.
>>
>>68947593
>>
>>68946936
This is why I'll never take MLS seriously. When hey quit signing these washed up Europeans tell me. Maybe I will watch.

Also, quit continuing to add teams to LA and NY you faggots. America is more than those two cities.
>>
>>68947731
So we need another Miami and San Francisco teams to cover everyone?
>>
>>68946787
Don't forget the delusional MLS shills in the middle OP

>th-there's totally no evidence that players stagnate their careers by only playing in MLS, guys! I-I mean it's n-not like the average MLS player is already starting his pro career 3-4 years behind players in Yurop!
>>
>>68947668
Gary will tell you all you need to know about how hockey is the fastest growing sport in the country
>>
>>68947011
Cosmos need to get their damn stadium built to make this happen.
>>
>>68947731
It's starting to change, though. The youth development arms race is starting. RSL is spending millions on a giant complex so they can produce the American Messi.
>>
>>68948671
you all have two MLS teams already fuck off
>>
>>68947229

this
>>
>>68947616
>>68947682

I thought about including Hockey but at least every once in a while the country sort of cares about the World Cup, but never really cares that much about Hockey.
>>
>>68949519
Hockey is only popular when it's the Olympics and even then it's for shitposting with Canadians and Scandinavians.
>>
>>68946787
I don't think that semen slurping sport is for you.
>>
>>68949519
the playoffs were awesome man I really enjoyed this season
>>
>>68948970
I'm not a Cosmos fan or in NY, just think they're in the best position to do what >>68947011 said.
>>
>>68946787
I don't think it will ever get big in the US but your players are getting better.
>>
Who cares what those goofs say OP? They are just extreme ends of the opinion.

It's a 20 year old league and sticking around and growing. Just enjoy it for what it is.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (51 KB, 1042x118) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
51 KB, 1042x118
>>68950251
not them
>>
Want to follow the MLS but live in Miami so no local team to support. Anyone knows when the supposed Miami team is going to become a real thing?
>>
>>68946787
Only issue I see with MLS is that the DPs signed have been washed up shit. Maybe if they became a league that develops players on its own to build their own stars rather than manufacture them like Govinco, Lampard, and Giovanni dos
Santos where here they are big names, but to the rest of the world they are used goods, then the league would actually be good as a feeder league to develop players for the USMNT rather than send them to Europe.
>>
>>68951202
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_MLS_team
>>
>>68947822
>I-I mean it's n-not like the average MLS player is already starting his pro career 3-4 years behind players in Yurop!

That's more the fault of the NCAA and college soccer, though. It's not on MLS.
>>
>>68951703
yeah and MLS markets them as "young"
>>
better than the mexicans so you are improving
>>
we are go, if anyone cares
>>
>>68946897
you forgot germany. when did germans ever suffer?
>>
>>68957618
1994 and 1998.
euro 2000
>>
holy fuck, that beard
>>
File: miamifc.jpg (25 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
miamifc.jpg
25 KB, 640x400
>>68951202
>no local team
>not supporting your local media circus
>>
>>68947229
i agree with you, it's fun to watch because it's such an offensive league. i dont care about the quality so much cause it's entertaining.

if MLS wasn't the American league no one would shit on or care about it aside from the people living here
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.