[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Besides shitposting "handegg" memes and "its shit"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
Besides shitposting "handegg" memes and "its shit" childposting, you can not give any reason as to why Rugby is a regular at the summer Olympics but American Football never is.

>too much equipment
Hockey, kendo
>too much space
baseball, soccer, rugby
>not played in many countries
taekwondo, judo, equestrian events
Even baseball doesn't appear at olympics much.

Is this due to the long-standing anti-american hate meme?
>>
No one except us plays it
>>
Honestly a one off States World Cup with NFL players repping their home state would be based

>Texas
>Florida
>Cali
>Jawja
>New England
>Ohio
>Pennsylvania
>Lousiana
>>
American football is the easier version of rugby. The ball can be throw forward, they can tackle every part of the body.
It's completely pathetic.
>>
>america would dominate

America dominates the Olympics already so whatever
>>
>>68925970
>states world cup
>amerifat education
>>
no one plays it besides the usa
stuff like gaelic football isnt played at the olympics either
>>
>>68926173
Sweet comment Aussie dingus
>>
>>68926094
WOWO GOOD ANALYSIS OF THE SPORT
>>
>>68925881
It's not a relevant sport.
>>
>>68925881
>American Football

I'm sure if there were an American Olympics, it would have American Football
>>
>>68926413
i really really like handegg
but its not relevant on a global scale
whatevs
>>
>>68925881
>Even baseball doesn't appear at olympics much.

we got baseball in for 2020 because it's in tokyo
>>
>>68925881
theres no grounded international federation of football to support its inclusion at the olympics. this is probably because it makes very little profit outside of the united states. it would also interfere with the nfls schedule over the summer.

besides our roided up black guys would shit on everyone anyway, it wouldnt really be fun.
>>
>>68925970
>new England
>a state
I'm with the Aussie on this one
Where the fuck did you go to school?
>>
File: image.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
>>68925881
Consider this

Average nfl player is
6'2 230 lbs. can bench 225 lbs 23.5 times in a row, squats around 420 lbs, runs a 4.578

So take the biggest rugby player, the fastest rugby player, the strongest rugby player combine all 3 into one and you have the average nfl player.

For instance jj watt. 6'6 7% body fat now runs a 4.6, benches insane amounts can, 43 inch vertical leap and oh he weighs 300 lbs. he is timed faster and quicker than Ronaldo and Messi. He's measured to be more explosive and he runs marathons for fun,

He could literally chase Down Ronaldo pick him up and tear him in half.

Do you want to see a death in the Olympics?
>>
>>68926767
>european """""athletes"""""
>>
>>68926094
Jesus, just when I thought people couldn't get any dumber.
>>
>>68925881

I wonder just how sexual the olympic village gets. Like, what kind of kinky shit they get into.

I mean, shit, I can imagine being an olympian at the bar and getting offers every ten minutes.
>>
>>68926767
its sad he is stuck in a sport mostly known for their commercials.
>>
>>68926767
BIG
>>
>>68925881
Rugby is by far the most homosexual game there is. Far way more than futbol, and that's saying a lot. It makes turkish olive oil wrestling look manly.

Also, it is retarded and does not focus on improving skills or tactics. That's why it is a game and not a sport.
>>
The NFL doesn't have any sort of wellness or drug testing regime whatsoever, so the IOC would never let them compete.

If you want to see juiced up niggers smashing into each other, why not just go and look at gorilla's at the zoo?
>>
For the player to be able to play, the nfl would need to say yes. Why would they say yes to something that would injure player and not being them any money.
Oh and game where people can't play more often than once a week suck for the Olympics.

Stupid nips
>>
>>68925881

its not a regular
>>
>>68927156
wew lad
>>
>>68928804
>Be imbred son of a cumbucket
>Literally and willingly get into bongs concentration camps to perform comfort duties for the lads
>Unironically adopt the master's language to a point where saying OI or LAD is common on the cape or even in little towns like KZN
>Adopting paki overlords
You ""people"" should be deprived of the right to speak desu, aids spreading fucks.
>>
>>68925881
Which do you think a larger percentage of would pass the Olympics drug tests?

Which sport is played in a larger number of countries?
>>
>>68925881
It's only sevens at the Olympics right?
So time is probably a massive influence
>16 mins for a game including breaks and adverts
Vs
>3 hours including breaks and adverts
>>
>>68925881
because the majority of the world doesn't enjoy a 'sport' in which the """action""" stops every 5 seconds for commercial breaks and grabbing another burger

that also explains why it's so tremendously unpopular and virtually not played anywhere except the US, even when they shill for it in their movies, songs and whatever else

It just doesn't have what it takes
>>
>>68926767
that guy is obviously roiding
>>
>>68925970
Would watch
>>
>State Olympics
>Hosted in July every four years, opposite of the Summer Olympics
>opening ceremonies on the 4th of course
>features players from three of the four big 4 sports (obviously no hockey as it's well out of season and regional within the US); MLB would go on break in a similar way to how it goes on break for the WBC and went on break for the Olympics
>besides football, baseball, and basketball, the standard fare for athletic events would be featured (track and field, swimming, etc.)

Wood bee based.
>>
>not played in many countries
>judo
Wrong.
>>
You can't fit an American Football tournament within 17 days.

That's the same reason why Rugby 7's is played at the Olympics instead of 15's.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.