[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Modern football
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Euro_2016 (1).jpg (91 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
Euro_2016 (1).jpg
91 KB, 1280x640
This Euro is shit. As whole future football. Expect the same in 2018, 2020, 2022(maybe the heat will help), 2024 etc etc etc

0-0, 0-1, extra times in 70% games, penalty in 45% games - thats the future of this beautiful and simple game outside lower leagues.

Look, what happened today(penalty, extra time and 83 minute goal in 0-1 game) - a modern football. Very defensive, very terrified to let an opponent to score a single goal, very equal.

It's 2016. EVERYONE knows how to play football nowadays. From Albania to Ukraine. In a relqtively good day, Ukraine can draw Germany. In a relatively good day, Romania can draw France.

All big teams are very tied, very close, very feared to lose, perfectly defends(defending starts from strikers line), perfectly prepared in physical sense.
Do uu still like it?
>>
it was the same between 86-90, very defensive era
football will evolve, things will change again, these things go in circles
>>
>>68919131
>Do uu still like it?

no
>>
there needs to be some sort of rule change to increase scoring

I know you yuros will shill for you shitty sport and it's rules under any circumstances but it's obvious your sport needs a jolt

here are my ideas (inb4 tf;tt)

1. illegal defense like in basketball, you can't have more than the 2 CB's in the penalty area unless the opposing team is dribbling with the ball inside the area

2. similarly, 3 of the most forward players must stay in the opposition half at all times or get carded

3. bigger goals

4. yellow cards come with a 5 or 10 minute penalty box trip, maybe playing a man up for a while will invite players to take more risks offensively

serious replies only
>>
>>68919253
Don't meme when we're mourning for real.
>>
>>68919201

i always enjoy talking with italians about stuff, they always seem to see things from a diferent angle than mine but somehow it's always an angle that resonates with me.

good comment benito, keep it up
>>
>>68919253
stop embarassing us, I can see all the smug euro comments about to come in
>>
>>68919253
>it's "an American tries to fix football" episode
>>
Well, that's the same in every sports: offense wins game, defense wins titles.

The problem is that very defensive teams can be great to watch in some sports like volleyball or basketball, but in football it's an absolute eyesore.

>mfw Greece freekicked it's way 1-0 1-0 1-0 to a title by beating the 3 most offense-minded teams of this time
>>
>>68919253

I agree with everything you said. We should remove keeper also.
>>
>>68919131
today was the worst day of soccer i have ever experienced. all 3 games were dull as shit
>>
>>68919253

made me reply 10/10
>>
>>68919385
>Poland vs Switzerland
>shit

Ok, non europeans don't know anything about football
>>
i thought the games have been very entertaining. the made up cententario too.
>>
>>68919253
1. What if he have no goalkeepers, but a designated kicker in each penalty area who kicks it outside of the box. Then all the outfield players can only head or volley it.
2. Also 3 players from each side should carry tiny versions of their national flag behind two others who carry one giant American flag.
3. When not in use the kicker has to write in a chalk board what their country can learn from America.
4. If it's raining this adds another element, because another player has to chase the opponents around and steal their flags to make a canopy and stop the chalk washing away.
5. If you deflect the ball into the net (which is replaced with an American flag) with your flag you get 3 goals.
6. If you do it with the American flag everyone sings the national anthem.
7. Everyone has a break every 15 minutes to eat a sponsored snack.
8. Finally, we change the name to soccer.
>>
>>68919593
I said serious replies only. I don't think you guys are being serious.
>>
>>68919253
multi ball
>>
>>68919131

Poland vs Swiss was pretty entertaining, probably one of the best matches so far
>>
>>68919131

Just watch Copa America...
>>
just watch lower league football
go to the small stadiums thats were football gets interesting
>inb4 fedora
>>
>>68919131

I am admiring the defending. It is quite amazing that mediocre footballers can stay so disciplined and defend against top quality players. It is boring as fuck though.

Makes you realize how many frauds there are managing at club level. They work full time with their players and still can't get them to defend properly.

Ironically, do we blame Pep for this? He created a monster that could only be stopped by parking the bus. An that's how it all started. There has always been the tactic of getting men behind the ball but nowhere near the level of organisation we see today.

Where do we go from here?
>>
>>68920017
>Just watch Copa America...
>>68920064
>just watch lower league football

Seems just right
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.