[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teams that don't exist, but should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: alaska_explorers.png (279 KB, 3001x3001) Image search: [Google]
alaska_explorers.png
279 KB, 3001x3001
>tfw no Alaskan NBA team
>>
>>68882969
Not just saying this because I'm from here, but Kentucky is a basketball crazy state and having our own franchise would be awesome.
>>
>>68882969
We need a team in Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, WASHINGTON, and Alaska which would be really cool
>>
>>68883082
They should just expand to Cincy, you root for all Cincy teams anyway.
>>
File: Baby_come_back.jpg (109 KB, 570x417) Image search: [Google]
Baby_come_back.jpg
109 KB, 570x417
>>68882969
>>
>>68883082
Honestly, the Kentucky high school basketball tournament should be on primetime television every year
>>
>>68882969
Give one to St. Louis or KC
>>
>>68883296
Memphis isn't in Tennessee?
>>
>>68882969
god the negative headlines write themselves with a name like that
>>
>>68883385
woops
>>
hawaii can host a team. theres enough money and people there to sustain the team and there will always be some players who want to play there. only thing in the way is travel
>>
>>68883360
>implying
1. Minnesota hockey
2. Texas football
3. Indiana basketball
4. California baseball
>>
>>68883319
>>68883082
Louisville wouldn't be a bad option

It's about the size of Buffalo or New Orleans in terms of a TV market, I'm sure an NBA team would thrive there
>>
>>68883082
>>68883435
We can call it the Louisville Punch

Team symbol is a fist
>>
>>68883415
>Honolulu Volcanos
>Honolulu Sharks
>Honolulu Voyagers
So many great name possibilities for pro teams in Hawaii.
>>
>>68883419
last time I checked they don't separate the schools by size so some small teams have gone far before

I grew up in Texas and never saw high school games except a few on Fox Sports Southwest; basically only if the big teams from suburban Dallas were playing and it was at Cowboys Stadium
>>
>>68883496
time zone would not work imagine if they were in a playoff series lol
>>
Hawaii Soccer/FIFA Team
>>
>>68883514
Wow damn. In Minnesota the NHL arena is at capacity and it's a televised event.

That surprises me considering all the shit in media I hear about Texas high school football being so big
>>
>>68883535
quit the timezone meme, I just want a new team in a new place.
>>
>>68883535
It could work if the games in Hawaii started between 12 and 2 Hawaii time, that way it would air around 6-8 EST.
>>
>>68883593
I was at the Wild game the day after the high school tournament they fucking wrecked the ice lol

oh Texas high school football is a huge deal but everybody just goes to the games lol; they don't have to put it on tv
I think in a few years when cameras / streaming are cheaper there will be a lot more coverage of regular season high school games especially big rivalry division games
but for now it all stays local, pretty much
>>
>>68882969
I've always wondered why Kansas doesn't have a professional basketball team considering we have KU, KSU, and WSU for basketball colleges. Would make a great feeder, desu.
>>
>>68883622
>implying you wouldn't watch a live NBA game after last call
>>
>>68883419
California baseball? Wtf are you talking about
>>
>>68883641
They used to marathon the State championship games from lowest level to high all at Jerryworld was comfy af but Houston cried that they wanted a chance to hold it and it wasn't half as successful
>>
>>68883701
pearland kicked ass a few years ago and then there was a fucking bank robbery like the next day lol
>>
Las Vegas NBA Team
Hawaii FIFA Team like Wales and Scotland
>>
>>68883784
they tried to secede
their efforts were struck down as unconstitutional based on racial discrimination lol
>>
>>68883819
I think the whole reason they want to secede is because they want sports team. Plus a lot of them depend on US handouts
>>
Honestly having grown up in South Texas they need a fucking MLS team; the Monterrey Mexicans drive over to the Valley after every FMF game to celebrate, get drunk, shop, whatever and I KNOW they'd fill up a stadium for a chance to watch some of the foreign players or, you know, not have to deal with the rowdiness of the Mexican games
>>
Needs more alliteration

>Huntington Hooters
>Vermont Vandals
>Cheyenne Coyotes
>Louisville Laserbeams
>Honolulu Humpbacks
>Anchorage Ants
>Mississippi Mongooses
>Reno Rhinos
>Carolina Crusaders
>>
File: fund_it.png (817 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
fund_it.png
817 KB, 720x540
>>68883897
>>Louisville Laserbeams
>>
Salt Lake Spikes for any SLC/Utah team
>>
Las Vegas Vagstompers
>>
>>68883673
Most baseball players come out of Cali so I assumed
>>
>>68884286
lol most baseball players come out of Dominican Republic
>>
Omaha needs a pro sports team. Most sports obsessed city in America
>>
A MLS TEAM IN FUCKING ARIZONA
>>
>>68884450
At least they have the college world series every year
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.