[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>could've been on the easy side of the bracket >scoring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: flagge-island.gif (2 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
flagge-island.gif
2 KB, 500x333
>could've been on the easy side of the bracket
>scoring a goal in the last minute that put them into the hard side
why are they so stupid?
>>
Big team mentality.
>>
>>68870340
CROATIA IS BETTER THEN THE UK FAGGOT
>>
File: beckenbauer.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
beckenbauer.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>>68870469
>England - France - Germany/Spain/Italy
or
>Croatia - Poland - Lelgium/Wales/Hungary
>>
File: JUST.jpg (11 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
11 KB, 193x261
>Could have faced Hungary
>score against Sweden and get Spain
>>
>>68870488
wasnt the italy sweden game before the spain croatia game?
>>
>>68870469
*England
And yes, I agree
>>
File: pelican2.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1152) Image search: [Google]
pelican2.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1152
If they reach the final they will have an easier opponent than if they reached it from the other side
>>
>>68870506
>[
ah yeah forgot scotland and wales nir are "countries"
>>
>>68870519
everyone does
>>
>>68870488
wouldn't they have finished 3rd and got France in that case?
>>
>>68870369
this

and this >>68870469
>>
lucky england desu
>>
you don't get it. they're on the easy side
>>
>>68870340

WEW. actually playing and wanting to win is a bad thing now? rather than being cynical, which could backfire in attempting to hold a draw if the other side scored and they lost.
>>
>>68870340
Teams usually play to win and don't look too far ahead in tournaments like that.
>>
>>68871617
>a meaningless win is better than increasing the chance of advancing
no wonder it's been 50 years
>>
It's kinda cute because they got their first big tournament win but I agree it wasn't a very smart decision in the long run. Then again, teams like Iceland probably don't give a fuck what meme bracket they are in anyway. Hope they do well against Engbongs.
>>
I put 30 euros on Iceland and Hungary in two different bets.

Watch me bring home massive sheckles
>>
>>68870340
idk, they also could save ronaldo of humiliation tomorrow.
>>
We don't really care who we face from now on, everyone is proud of the achievement of going through. However, we would have been stomped by Croatia just like in the WC playoffs. England is a much better opposition for our tactics. The prospect of facing England is also very cool. Our team plays best against bigger teams that underestimate us. We would struggle more against lower-ranked countries like Poland, Wales and Croatia in my opinion.
>>
The based vikings don't give a fuck. They play to win and nothing else.
>>
Why is everybody thinking England are better than Croatia. England are shit, they couldn't even beat teams like Russia and Slovakia and could only win against Wales due to an offside goal from Vardy and the Welsh choking at the last second.

If England play like they did against Slovakia, they will lose to Iceland and the bantz will be glorious
>>
File: 1466754164458.jpg (7 KB, 155x134) Image search: [Google]
1466754164458.jpg
7 KB, 155x134
>>68870469
good post
>>
>>68873037
>offside goal
>american education
>>
>iceland parks the bus
>wins on penalties

THIS IS A REAL FUCKING POSSIBILITY AND I AM VERY VERY AFRAID
>>
it´s a dream of every icelander to play england

not get their dreams stomped on (and legs by mandzu) by croatians again

first tourney win is always worth it
>>
>>68870340
>never had a win before
>not take the win

What's so hard to think about that?
>>
Because they wanted a win. Also, losing to England sounds better than losing to Croatia.
>>
>>68870340
>Having a system where point shaving is allowed

Good job
>>
TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.