[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can someone explain how the hell the Golden State Warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 0_hoxe41he.jpg (593 KB, 990x553) Image search: [Google]
0_hoxe41he.jpg
593 KB, 990x553
So can someone explain how the hell the Golden State Warriors were able to surpass the 96 Chicago Bulls record, and why no one else was able to do it since then until now?

Also, something scary to think about is how fluky some of their losses were. They literally lost a game because Curry was injured. If he wasn't out could their record be even better? To play devils advocate one could say that they would have lost more games if some of the teams they had faced didn't have some injured players though.

Next season could they possibly even surpass it? At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they did so. Also, how crazy would it be if they managed to do it? Would it cement them as a GOAT contender, or do they need way more rings to even come close? I am leaning more towards the second, but beating this record would be pretty GOAT like.

So what do you think?
>>
If they sign Dirk and keep everyone healthy next year they go 80-2
>>
modern NBA is full of dickless pussies who give up against superior competition and they just want to go home and play themselves in NBA2k. that's why they were able to even come close to the Bulls record. if the GSW played the '96 Bulls in the Finals they would have lost by a combined 235 points.
>>
File: 468637392.jpg (479 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
468637392.jpg
479 KB, 683x1024
>>68854675
What is this Dirk Nowitzki Warriors meme and why would him being in the Warriors boost their record so much?
>>
>>68854701
> modern NBA is full of dickless pussies who give up against superior competition

examples?

Also, why weren't the Warriors dickless pussies? What made them different from everyone else?
>>
>>68854759
Memes.
>>
>>68854631
It don't mean a thing without the ring
>>
>>68854742

>hey lets get a 39 year old skinny shooter who is a traffic cone on defense
>>
What does 73-9 mean? Wins-Losses? How on earth do the teams have time to play 82 games in about half a year?
>>
>>68855262
that's nothing, baseball teams play twice as many games.
>>
If the Warriors can sign Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard then they would go 82-0 in the regular season and 16-0 in the playoffs.

Godly lineup:
Curry, Klay, Green, Durant, Howard
>>
File: 0000000.jpg (147 KB, 853x853) Image search: [Google]
0000000.jpg
147 KB, 853x853
>>68854742
Dirk is the fucking goat and dont you ever forget it
>>
>>68854631
>Next season could they possibly even surpass it?
I would be surprised if they did, even with some new pieces on their team. Some of their wins were pretty flukey too, like if you remember shots like Curry's near half court game winner against OKC. 2015-16 was just a perfect *regular* season for the Warriors, and it would be extremely difficult to replicate or even surpass. There's also fatigue, which is why teams like the Spurs/Lakers didnt always gun for the best record all the time. Especially after one of the worst finals losses ever, I dont think the Warriors even want to beat the record again.

> How crazy would it be if they managed to do it?
I think it would be pretty sick to see them do it again, but the media would not think the same, and would probably just reference their finals collapse.

>Would it cement them as a GOAT contender, or do they need way more rings to even come close?
Any progress this team has made towards being called one of the greatest in history was lost after game 7. They have to beat a healthy Cavs (or whatever team gets to the finals in the future) in the finals to get back into consideration. Doing this like two more times would definitely put them up there
>>
>>68856387
you have to remember to bench Curry in the Finals though.
>>
>>68856438
dat hoverhand
>>
>>68855522
I thought there were only about 30 teams and even then it was split in to eastern and western conferences, what sort of system do these teams follow to milk that many games?
>>
The NBA as a league is so weak now, mostly due to tanking culture.

Look at what was called "tanking" when the Spurs did it and got Tim Duncan.

>Robinson (superstar player) gets injured for essentially the entire season. Sean Elliot (#2) gets injured for half the season
>this gets called "tanking" for Duncan

Meanwhile now literally over a 3rd of the league is aggressively TRYING to be uncompetitive for years at a time in hopes of signing a franchise changing player and hoarding cap space. No one was taking truckloads of expiring contracts and trading away 28--30 year old franchise players 20 years ago.

tldr; more horrendous teams than ever, power aggregated in a few super imbalanced teams.
>>
>>68854958
theres a champion every year, it doesnt matter how shitty everyone is

records are something that possibly will never be broken.

if you think being the champion is more impressive then beating a 20 year old record youre actually delusional
>>
>>68854701
I enjoyed this post.
>>
>>68856811
>records are something that possibly will never be broken.
Literally every record is going to be broken unless it's someshit like deadball era Baseball.
>>
>>68855262
>>68856692
It's an average of ~7.3 games a day.
>>
>>68856811
I've never thought about it like that. Unfortunately this will never be how the media/fanbase thinks about it.
>>
>>68854631
I think you shoud stfu about your shit sport, your season's over.
>>
>>68856811
how about you ask the warriors which they would rather have?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.