[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a time to be a knicks fan. Free Agency starts July 1st
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: FB_IMG_1466702334791.jpg (30 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466702334791.jpg
30 KB, 480x480
What a time to be a knicks fan. Free Agency starts July 1st
>>
>>68854394

PG: Rose
SG: ???
SF: Melo
PF: Porzingod
C: Dwight Howard

This is now a playoff team
>>
Knicks are a lock for the ECF now.
>>
at least his contract is only for one more year
>>
Literally the dumbest team in NBA. Not even a contest.

> Hey let's get a guy made of glass who can't move 2 feet without getting injured! That, coupled with a player who shoots every ball he touches will definitely turn our franchise around.

Rose isn't even worth 5mil a year.
>>
>>68854394
Enjoy paying him $20 million per year to play maybe 15 games a year
>>
ow that the cavs won the Knicks definitely are the lovable losers of the NBA, no?

Maybe the clippers
>>
>>68854768
>New York
>Los Angeles
>Lovable
pick none

The rest of the world smiles every time the Knicks/Lakers/Clippers fail.
>>
>>68854864
t. North Dakota
>>
Shout out to Derrick Rose, man that nigga nice
>>
Do y'all think that D-Rose and Howard will stun PorzinGod's growth?
>>
>>68854864
and by the rest of the world you mean bombston
>>
File: 1455977158772.jpg (37 KB, 583x481) Image search: [Google]
1455977158772.jpg
37 KB, 583x481
>the NEW YORK KEKS are actually exited about getting Rose
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 300x199
>>68854748

Who cares how much he costs, are you poor?

It's how long you're stuck with him.

Also I can't wait for them to sign Noah
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 640x1136
>>68855158

It's an upgrade and he's only on 1 year.

They just freed up 14 million in cap space if he totally flops! And if he doesn't flop and becomes an all star again then the gamble pays off.

Knicks did a very smart thing. Thank you Phil, but the job isn't don't yet. Go sign another star
>>
>>68854946
howard would, but rose would only make him better.
>>
>>68854462
SG = Afflalo

Unless Rose and Dwight Howard can return to form that team isnt much better than last years Rockets or '08 Nuggets (with AI and Melo) desu
>>
>>68854394

If y'all can find a way of moving Melo you might be on your way towards building a legitimate contender
>>
Haha he's fucking terrible

>bad defense
>can't shoot
>bad passer
>will want to put up personal numbers for contract
>injury prone

Lol he's awful
>>
>>68855511

If I'm moving melo , I want a shooter/scorer for him.

We don't need Blake Griffin
>>
>>68855330

Your stupid fan base will want to sign him Because he will have a good game or two and be on sports center

Cap it, you will have long term contracts with aging melo and rose lol
>>
>>68855536

He's a former MVP, he can return to an all star level but if he doesn't we can cut him next summer and go after Westbrook for a max deal
>>
>>68855619

Russell Westbrook is a free agent next summer, so is Rose.

Get your facts together instead of just hating
>>
Rose can fulfill all his fucked up sex toy rape fantasies now in NYC.

Howard can also fulfill his baby mama fantasies in NYC.

They're going to be free to unleash on the NBA court now.
>>
>>68854394
if rose has an amazing season with them I will never watch basketball again

bulls fan here
>>
feels so weird seeing him in that uniform
>>
What the fuck, I hate /sp/ now!
>>
>>68855723
This is the plan. Three long term max contracts and fill the rest of the roster with role players. If Phil signs KD to a long term contract, maybe the Knicks can make the playoffs this year.

>tfw knicks fan

;_;

I never asked for this
>>
>>68854748
/Thread

This niggas been irrelevant. He's already shook by Bron Bron and Melo is a trash chucker. Knicks literally always get the washes up C tier players who never won shit
>>
>>68855689
Dude if he hasn't returned to playing at an All Star caliber already he won't this season either. He blew his fucking knee out TWICE already. Knicks literally made the stupidest choice getting him, and he was never great. LeBron had a better year in 2010 season but everyone hated him so they gave it to Rose
>>
>>68855689
Can we get Godbrook tho???

tell me /sp/
>>
>>68854864
>literally the most unlucky franchise in nba history
>everyone still hates them

fucking sucks being a clippers fan
>>
How fucking stupid are you retards? Why do you think that the Knicks got him because they expect him to be an all star caliber player? If that was the case, they would've traded good players instead of Jose Fucking Calderon and Robin Lopez. It's a one year low risk high reward deal. If he plays close to the way he played last year, the trade is worth it. You faggots act like he's expected to carry the team when he probably be the 3rd or 4th guy they look to to score.
>>
>>68856765
Oh, last year, that guy was Afflalo. Think about that for a minute.
>>
>>68855076
What's your favorite team?
>Da Lakersssss!!
Who's your favorite player?
>Uhhhhh....Shaq~~ <3
>>
>>68854768
It's ridiculous how terrible NY ownership is. I would almost feel sorry for them if not for their obnoxious fanbase.
>>
Rose
Melo
Durant
Zingis
Whiteside

Is their realistically anybody that can stop us?
>>
>>68856608
I don't see why not. We only have like 4 players under contract next season and have the lure of Porzingis and NYC
>>
>>68857604
Reality
>>
50 wins is what I think this team will get to. A lot of people give Melo shit for chucking or needing to have the ball in his hands all the time, but he's stated it before that he's completely fine with letting somebody else handle it and he can play well off the ball.
>>
>>68855604

y'all should pick up Parsons
>>
>>68855330
>another star
>>
>>68855330

That chick would be far better looking if she got a nose job.
>>
>>68854394
At least you guys don't have to worry about drafting a bust since you literally had zero picks tonight
>>
File: mabel hypee.gif (175 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
mabel hypee.gif
175 KB, 250x250
@LILBTHEBASEDGOD
"If KD goes to the New York Knicks I am willing to lift the curse" wow!! "The BasedGod" just told me to say this!!! Wow!! - Lil B

ITS HAPPENING FOLKS
>>
>>68864895

TYBG
>>
File: 508809002.jpg (319 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
508809002.jpg
319 KB, 1024x682
Knicks getting one of these players right?
>>
>>68854462
>SG: ???
RON MOFUCKIN BAKER AKA YOUNG KYLE KORVER AKA STEVE NOVAK WITH HOPS AKA 2013 MIKE MILLER
>>
Durant will go to the Knicks
Jeremy Lin will go to the Knicks

theyll be champs 2017
>>
>>68864895
when did the based god turn into a separate entity from lil b
>>
>>68854768
I can't even find them lovable as a New Yorker.
>>
>>68864895
So let me get this straight, the "Based God," Is like how the Phoenix is inside of Jean from X-men, right?
>>
>>68865135
They will become champs 2012.
>>
File: carmelo-anthony.jpg (202 KB, 1808x1205) Image search: [Google]
carmelo-anthony.jpg
202 KB, 1808x1205
PG: Rose
SG: Ron Baker
SF: Melo
PF: Prozingis
C: Noah

Also sign Harrison Barnes maybe? I really like this team
>>
>>68865288
Reality.
>>
>>68865237
they will not become champs ever.
>>
>>68865496

How is that not reality? Noah was already spotted in NYC today. Hes a free agent
>>
>>68854919
can someone explain the t. meme please
>>
>>68865515
>the joke
>
>
>
>your head
>>
>>68865515

Stop hating. Any of the 32 teams can become champion.
>>
>>68865561
>32 teams
not sure
>>
>>68865527
2nd for this
>>
Really hope rose can return to his older self
>>
>>68865649
That won't ever happen. He tore his ACL and was out for almost 2 years. Then, he fucked up his knee permanently again in '13. He says he has lost his love for basketball, and simply looks at it as a job. He hasn't played like his old self since before he got injured. He will remain the player he has become. Thanks Knicks for taking this glass nigga off our payroll.
>>
>>68865730

Knicks still won this trade. By a landslide
>>
how the FUCK did Billups and Karl drag Carmelo to the conference finals

Selfish faggot pissed on the grave of this franchise
>>
>>68865742
A decent center on a reasonable contract that will be even better with the salary cap jump? When your center is likely leaving this offseason?

When trading rose means that your team will be keeping butler who is way better than rose, a franchise cornerstone, when the team was gonna trade him because they didn't want rose and butler together?

When roses contract was an untradeable albatross a week ago, literally one of the mockeries of the NBA world, yet you not only got rid of it, but picked up someone at least decent for it and didn't have to lose it for nothing next offseason?

Yeah, the Knicks won the trade "by a landslide". Mongoloid.
>>
>>68865804
Uh.. Rose's contract was bad at first, this year it wasn't because its an expiring.

Bulls also took on a bunch of contracts the next two years giving them basically no cap space when KD/Westbrook and others are going to be free agents this year and next..

All the Knicks gave up was a decent center who did all the little things, a horrible 'starting' point guard, and a point guard who can't shoot for shit.

Yeah, sorry the Knicks won this by a landslide. They just doubled their cap space in 2017 and didn't effect any cap space for this summer. They literally gave themselves enough cap room to sign KD/Westbrook the next two years or others.
>>
>>68865793

>carlmello
>selfish faggot

Supprised this meme still exists. Its pretty clear he will do whatever it takes to win the chip.

But right now its time for Phil to do his job
>>
>>68866770
Like gut the whole team and force a trade instead of waiting for free agency

fuck him
>>
#TYBG #WATTBA
>>
>>68866781

Whos really still mad about this in 2016 lol. Denver hasnt done anything since.

Most of those players left denver and went back to New York
>>
>>68866807
I have no idea why I'd be mad about the Knicks trading away assets and a first round pick when Carmelo could have easily waited until free agency
>>
>>68866858

Thats Dolans Fault. Not melo.

I dont miss any of those players at all
>>
>>68854394
>best case scenario

rose bounces back and leaves after a year in free agency

>worst care scenario

rose doesnt bounce back and lopez is an all star in Chicago

explain why this is good for the knicks
>>
>>68866887

Youre thinking of the wrong lopez brother. This is the shit one
>>
>>68866876
They were still assets and could have easily gotten something for them

And Melo forced that trade to get the most money because he thought the new CBA would fuck him
>>
>>68854394
>thingken anyone wants to move to that talent black hole
>JR smith moves to cleveland
>Insta NBA champ
>>
>>68866963

Maybe its because the knicks are getting these Bulls players. Noah is coming too.

Good coaching , good president of basketball ops , good players now amd the biggest market.

Its only a matter of time, i trust phil to fix this franchise
>>
>>68866995
>good players now
>getting these Bulls players.
You're getting a bunch of has-beens with no legs
>>
>>68854864
how many corn fields do you drive past on your way to work
>>
are the nets literally, unironically going to have a starting 5 of Jack, Brown, Bojan, chris mccollough and brook lopez? because what
>>
ROSE PRESS CONFERENCE IN 10 BINGS
>>
File: 2f▒11ff▒10ce▒▒.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
2f▒11ff▒10ce▒▒.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>finna nix "fans" happy about the acquisition of a bona fide bust
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.