[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do you stop counting championships for each league/sport
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: WymsWPC.jpg (503 KB, 1377x1842) Image search: [Google]
WymsWPC.jpg
503 KB, 1377x1842
When do you stop counting championships for each league/sport /sp/?

NFL: Anything prior to the first SB doesn't count
MLB: Anything prior to integration doesn't count
NBA: Anything prior to the NBA and ABA merger doesn't count
NHL: Not sure, enlighten me.
NCAAF: Not sure, want it to be nothing prior to the current playoff system but that seems to be too restricting.
NCAAB: Nothing prior to when the NCAA tournament took over the NIT as the premier tournament

What are your thoughts /sp/?
>>
International Footie Tournaments

Anything pre WWII doesn't count.
>>
>>68850699
What about the USSR and shit?
>>
>>68850768
Goes by FA. Essentially how FIFA recognizes title and historical placements is the best way of doing it.

USSR -> Russia
W. Germany -> FRG
etc.
>>
>>68850669
NHL: anything pre-1967 (only 6 [SIX] teams) doesn't count
>>
>>68850669
Anything before integration does count because all teams had the same talent to pick from still. There's no reason to not count them. It's individual stats that are suspect before integration, not team accomplishments
>>
>>68850885
DELET
>>
>>68850885
I think most people would say the beginning of the original 6 period was the start of when stats count for the NHL in 1942.
>>
>>68850669
Every sport: Anything prior I was born doesn't count.
>>
>>68850669
>MLB: Anything prior to integration doesn't count

Anything after integration doesn't count. The league died when the Dodgers and Giants left New York, and the system that rewarded the best team over the course of the season got replaced with "lol, let's decide the champion with a meme tournament that makes the entire season irrelevant".
>>
>>68851868
>The league died when the Dodgers and Giants left New York
this is because the owner of the mets if a cyncial fucktard that wanted a majority of new york's fanbase despite the dodgers being the number two team and gaints 3

so he threaten both owners telling them to scram or face fierce competetion

Dodgers were lucky because the league wanted to expand west and helped the dodgers move out then followed by the giants.

tldr blame the owner of the mets being complete dickbags to the fans of the NY giants and dodgers
>>
>>68852284
>blame the owner of the mets

No problem, I always hated those fuckers anyway
>>
>>68850669
Anything before you were born for all sports
>>
>>68852284
>tldr blame the owner of the mets being complete dickbags to the fans of the NY giants and dodgers
as a mest fan, fuck the owners
didn't even give mr. met a nl champions medal last year
>>
Modern college footbal era started after 1960, imo, but I can sympathize with those who push it back to post-WWII and 1945.
>>
File: 1461918790533.jpg (3 MB, 1787x2270) Image search: [Google]
1461918790533.jpg
3 MB, 1787x2270
>>68852284
u wot m8

The Doyers left because NYC wouldn't let him build the stadium he wanted.

The Gints left because the Doyers convinced them they'd make more money out west and San Francisco gave them a better stadium than the Polo Grounds.
>>
>>68851868
The Dodgers and Giants moving to California was disgusting. As far as I'm concerned both teams died and had shitty replacements built on the other side of the country. Can't believe that San Francisco counts the New York titles as their own.
>>
>>68850669
>NCAAF: Not sure, want it to be nothing prior to the current playoff system but that seems to be too restricting.
Everything since the invention of the forward pass should be counted.
>>
>>68852689
watch documentaries about baseball

many that touch the subject talk about the owner of the mets using his money and contacts in trying to get his team in NYC as opposed to jersey, so he went after the "lovable losers" brooklyn dodgers and the giants

after a few months dodgers were fed up with the threats and the league could not do much except in helping them move , giants followed soon after because of losing fans for a few years by that point
>>
World Cup: anything prior to 1950 doesn't count
Copa America: anything prior to 1975 doesn't count
>>
>>68850669
>NCAAB: Nothing prior to when the NCAA tournament took over the NIT as the premier tournament

ugh this. I'm so tired of Oregon fans claiming the first NCAA championship when no one cared about that over the NIT in the 30's.
>>
>>68850669
big fan of this photo desu
>>
>>68850669
>NFL: Anything prior to the first SB doesn't count
That's only a claim said by fans of teams with no history.
>>
>>68873691
t. Browns fans

Also, you can tie the NCAAF back to the game that made integration possible: based USC vs Bama in 1970
>>
>>68870177
Me too. Canadian women are top notch.
>>
>>68850669
intergration was a meme and the yankees were still GOATs before and after
>>
>>68852698
we only do that because the dodgers still count brooklyn shit.

DESU I find the doyers selling brookland throwback gear cringy as fuck you moved like 60 years ago and I bet 90% of the current fanbase has no memory of them ever playing in NYC
>>
>>68850669
Anything before 2000 doesn't count for NBA and NFL. The rules have changed so much that they might as well be different leagues.
>>
It's a whole new century we should just be going off anything pre-2000 for any sport
>>
>>68873691
Found the sheagles fag
>>
>>68873994
>Patriots fan detected
>>
File: 1458617738841.png (11 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1458617738841.png
11 KB, 420x420
1970: Real Football starts
>>
>implying any worldss eries count during the niggerball era
>>
>>68874842
This. The game was way different before.
>>
>>68850669
>NCAAF
Post-WW2
>>
NFL: Every championship counts dating back to the pre superbowl era

MLB: Everything since the dead ball era
NBA: Couldn't tell you
NHL: Couldn't tell you
NCAAF: They have so many tournaments and trophies and dumb arbitrary play off systems that you have to kind of count them all including all the ivies.
NCAAB: Don't know

Just because a championship happened a while ago does not mean that it does not count.
>>
>>68875003
>Everything since the dead ball era
so chips from the 40s to now
>>
I'm not such a dipshit that I disregard titles won decades ago but I really think every Euro before 1980 doesn't really count. Two games to win a championship? Please.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.