[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is winning pic related as great an achievement as winning the Euros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: Copa America.jpg (283 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Copa America.jpg
283 KB, 1080x608
Is winning pic related as great an achievement as winning the Euros?
>>
CONMEBOL: two and a half good teams
UEFA: four or five good teams

Also, the fact that Copa America took place every second year during the late eighties and all of the nineties does not speak in its favour. International football tournaments are good because of their exclusivity and the fact that most good players only really have a chance to play well in two or at most three editions during their careers.
>>
Qualifying for the Euros is equivalent to making the semis in Copa
>>
Mickey Mouse Cup.

I mean, the US got to the Semifinals LOL
>>
>>68846178
Pretty much a meme cup however Chile and Argentina could unironically win the eurocup.

>inb4 7-0
>>
>>68846178
Not only that, getting to the semis of the Copa is a greater achievement than winning the Euros.
>>
Germany beat Brazil 7-1. Germany beat Northern Ireland 1-0. That puts into context the difference in quality between UEFA and CONMEBOL.
>>
>>68847534
>>68847556
Great Banter, I love it, but both UEFA and CONMEBOL have won a combined 0 Asian Cup Trophies, whereas AFC has won pretty much every one in the history of it's creation.
>>
>>68846178
There are fewer teams competing for the Copa, so no.
>>
It isn't even as relevant as 2015 copa
>>
Argentina and Chile would win the Euro easily.
>>
File: 486438463.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
486438463.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>>68846256

and why do you throw away that exclusivity expanding to include literally whos like iceland, ireland, england, albania, etc when your second rate teams like portugal and croatia are decent at best.
>>
>>68846178
not even close
>>
2016 edition doesn't even qualify you to the Artemio Franchi Trophy while the champion and second place of the 2015 cup did
>>
It would be better if Brazil hadn't self imploded.
>>
>be German
>get shot
>>
>>68846178

>yurotrash cup
>achievement

Grease has won that mickey mouse cup m9
>>
Copa America is watched more than the Euros so yes

Everyone in the Euros supports their team until they lose and then they go on about how it was their C team and they didn't care about winning anyway
>>
>>68846178
Coming out of the group stage in the third place in the Euros > getting to the final in Copa america
>>
>>68848177

why? because defeating the mighty rumania is an achievement? or hungary or FUCKING NORTHERN IRELAND

you euros have an inflated sense of self worth

lets face it, there are 3 good teams right now in germany, italy and spain and even they havent performed according to expectations.
>>
Argentina could win this shit by beating Venezuela, USA and Chile
Spain/Italy could potentially win the Euros by beating Italy/Spain, Germany, France, Croatia
>>
>>68846178
the centenario meme one? no
the regular one? yes

also
>winning Yuro
>achievement
>>
>>68848324

and who's to blame? idk maybe if some of you would have won against those meme countries you wouldnt have to face each other in the same bracket
>>
>>68848302
>thinking that coming out of the group stages without winning is an accomplishment

You were pretty much in a literally who table and still managed to fuck it up
>>
>>68848440
Italy, Germany and France are there as first places. Spain is a second place but if it wasn't them it would have been Croatia in Ro16 and Spain in the final
The point is that you could never have a path to the final that difficult in the Copa because you only have two good teams
>>
5 of the last 6 world cup finalists and 9 of the last 12 world cup semi finalists were European so I'd say the Euros personally.
I think there's more bad teams in the Euros but that comes with having more countries. The fact of the matter is that right now Europe generally has better teams that South America, so Euros>Copa America.
>>
>>68848516
friendly reminder that in last WC 5 of 6 CONMEBOL teams made it to Ro16
>>
>>68848638
home advantage, also remind me who won the tournament in the end?
friendly reminder that in the last WC held in Europe all the semifinalists were european
>>
a south american team hasn't won the world cup for 14 years and of the last 6 finalists, only 1 has come from outside of europe.
>>
>>68847556
Chile beat mexico 7-0. Netherlands beat Mexico 2-1. That puts into context the difference in quality between UEFA and CONMEBOL.
>>
South America has collective ADHD or something, hence the two seasons per year, Apertura and Closura in most domestic leagues, rubbish like three-season points averages deciding relegation to protect the big teams (unless they completely shit the bed like River Plate and everyone chimps out), and constant play-offs.

44 editions in a century, some where only about half the teams turned up, or sent a regional team instead of the actual national side. They even had two Copas in one year once. It's about as prestigious as the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
>>
>>68848822
netherlands also beat chile 2-0
>>
>all the european delusion ITT

South America- 10 teams - 9 World Cups

Europe - 50 something teams - 11 world cups
>>
>>68848886
Based Alberto hitting with the hard facts.
>>
Let me just put this list here:
>2014 Germany 1-0 Argentina
>2010 Spain 1-0 Netherlands
>2006 Italy 1-1* France
>2002 Brasil 2-0 Germany >exception
>1998 France 3-0 Brasil
>1994 Brasil 0-0* Italy
>1990 West Germany 1-0 Argentina

*these teams won on penalties

As you can see in last 26 years, only one time s.american team won the tournament..
>>
>>68846363
Lel. Nice one.
>>
>>68847556
Chile beat mexico 7-0.
mexico beat croatia 3-1 (it could have been 4-1).
Croatia beat spain 2-1. And thats how it goes.
>>
>>68849299
Brazil won in 1994.
>>
>>68848147
That doesn't disprove his point
>>
>>68849299
Just add 4 more years (30 sounds nicer than 26) and then conmebol have two of eight (25%). Considering conmebol has one fifth the teams of euros, bretty good.
>>
I know it should be but honestly there's not that many teams in America. Let alone that many good teams.
>>
>>68849606
My bad, three of eight. In proportiom conmebol is better, 2 of 7 cups when they have 1 of 6 teams. Do you euros can into proportions??
>>
Most of the world doesn't even know that the Copas are going on at the he moment
Even Americans are more interested in the Euros
Holland make the World Cup semi finals then can't even qualify for the Euros. That's how elite Europe is. This has been proven at the last 3 world cups

>muh headless chicken attacking football

Learn some basic tactics you retards
>>
>>68849802
>This delusion coming from an Irish
I think this is the most pathetic hangover I've ever seen.
>>
>>68848850
parking the bus, fuck van gal and that meme match.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.