[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of shitstorm will it be when Kevin Durant goes to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: teamingupwiththeking.jpg (29 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
teamingupwiththeking.jpg
29 KB, 400x308
What kind of shitstorm will it be when Kevin Durant goes to play with Lebron on the Cavs or Lebron and Kevin Durant both go to the Lakers?

I'm not saying I want them to go to the Lakers either, I didn't like the Kobe era Lakers and now luke waltons bitch ass is the coach, but I think it's a good possibility
>>
lebron and kd never playing together
no gm is building a team w two top five players in the same position
>>
>>68843070
i think oklahoma will flat out refuse a sign and trade scenario with cleveland. theres just nothing they can get from them that cleveland would be willing to offer
>>
>>68843105
Put KD at SG and he'll be a monster defender against 6'6 SG's, same on the offensive end, and his skinny frame won't have to deal with stronger SF's
>>68843168
It's nice of Durant if he does a sign and trade, and he could get paid the most money that way, but he's unrestricted so he could just leave if he chose too
>>
>>68843252

the thing to do would be keep KD at 3 and start legod as the 4 and having him play the 1 from time to time.
>>
>>68843252
clevelands over the cap so they cant just sign free agents
>>
>>68843273
Well it would be a monster "smallball" lineup but Lebron is gonna be 32 and he's not as heavy as he used to be or in his prime. He's still LeBeast though just saying that's a lot of work if he's playing the 4 more often even though I'm sure he would find a way to make it work

>>68843278
They're over the cap even with a raised salary cap this summer? And I would expect they could make room somewhere. Even though it's a possibility Lebron goes to the Lakers it would feel really wrong and would be a shock to me if he left immediately after winning a championship for his home area/state and didn't want to give it one more season
>>
>>68843278
How bout OKC sign and trade for K-Love?
>>
File: image.jpg (415 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415 KB, 1200x1200
>>68843070
Huge shitstorm imo lol especially if he joins the Warriors... Also I get the thing about the kobe era, after he dry snitched on Shaq & Malone I couldn't stand Kobe... I'm from Los Angeles to .. But I love Shaq imo shaq & magic best lakers ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (724 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
724 KB, 2048x2048
>>68843567
Also congrats to lebron, real shit I used to hate him his first 3-4 yrs, but I couldn't deny his greatness for long.. Probably top 5 as of today imo
>>
>>68843567
Yep true it would be, and yeah plus I been a Lebron fan a long time so I was always fighting with Kobe fans who thought he was better, but that's another subject.

I think KD going to Golden State headlines is just bait really, a trend I notice is that players from rival sports branding companies don't play on the same teams. Look at Dwight Howard and James Harden, both ADIDAS and play on the same team. So I don't think KD will play with Under Armour Curry, unless Under Armour's recent rise is some kind of tactic to make ADIDAS look like the 3rd company now, and Nike eventually buys out Under Armour. KD and Lebron both are with Nike and also Lebron is pretty much KD's favorite player, I can't imagine Durant going somewhere he wastes his prime and retires ringless when he could be getting perfect passes from Lebron and beasting and not have to suffer the same fate as Charles Barkley
>>
File: MVP.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
MVP.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>68843593
My nigga
>>
>implying LeBron goes anywhere

Can you memefags just die. LeBron is staying in Cleveland. Players are going to come to him and Cleveland. Durant has to wait until LeBron retires and then go to the East if he wants to win anything. I was interested in Melo going to Cleveland though, but now that Rose is in New York, that's not going to happen.

Cavs still need a shooting guard. I don't expect LeBron, Kyrie, Love, or Tristan going anywhere for the foreseeable future, but I believe anyone else is up for discussion.
>>
>>68843070
First of all LeBron has already said he's staying in Cleveland. Lue and Griffin have already said Love will be back next year.

So how the hell are the Cavs going to sign Durant while over the cap, a TPE and a mid level exception? Does /sp/ ever think before posting?
>>
>>68846665
Lebrons on record saying he wants to play with chris paul and carmelo before he retires, now hes got cavs a championship anything is possible.
>>
>>68846729
And LeBron is also on record stating he's coming back next year and has already got the Cavs fans pumped up about next year.

As for wanting to play with Melo and Paul, he said he'd like to, not that he will or that it is even feasible. Pls stop shitposting, Australian Woj.
>>
Kevin Durant S&T for Kevin Love

The scoring load from Kyrie and LeBron will let KD average a hyper-efficient 24 and be an All-Defense guy. Durant's scoring will let LeBron age gracefully.

Irving/Shump/KD/LeBron/TT will murder the NBA desu.
>>
>>68846824
There will not be a sign and trade for Kevin Durant in exchange for Love.

KD would still be the 3rd option after LeBron and Kyrie and he doesn't want that. He'll see his stats diminish and then everyone will start complaining about him disappearing and being washed up when he's not putting up 1st or 2nd option numbers.

Durrant is staying in OKC and likely getting to the Finals next year. The Warriors have been exposed and the blueprint to beat them is now out there.

Durant signs one year or two year with a player option. Calling it.
>>
KD to da Celtics 2bh bruh
>>
>>68846918
Be careful, you Celtics fans are reaching a Lakers level of delusion.
>>
>>68846897
>KD
>3rd Option after Kyrie

I'm a Duke fan so I love Kyrie but let's be real here
>>
these next two seasons are gonna be a fucking atomic bomb of roster shifting
>>
>>68847008
You really think that after this last season and this last finals series that Kyrie will be demoted to 3rd option? Especially after that dagger 3 that sealed the deal? He's 24 and not even in his prime.

In a game 7 like that, I'd rather have Kyrie, Mr. 4th Quarter, shoot than Durant to be honest.

My point was that Durant isn't going to come to Cleveland and I feel like the only people who want to see this happen aren't really Cavs fans.
>>
Durant is not going to Cleveland. They still only use one ball in basketball.

LeBron, Kyrie, Durant, Love? Fuck off.

Cavs are gonna sign a decent 2 guard and repeat.

Cap this bitches
>>
are there any successful players who dont have a girlfriend/wife?

like straight up autism levels of dedication and focus to basketball and only basketball?
>>
>>68847501
apemond green, i've noticed he's the only player who does the nba cares commercials with his mom and not his broad
>>
>>68843593
Agreed. I didn't appreciate him when he was young. I thought he was overrated, and didn't see why everyone called him the "Chosen One". After he left to chase rings with Miami, I thought that he isn't even a top 20 all-time player. But, I really wasn't paying attention to him. Now, he gets back to Cleveland, averages almost 30 points in the playoffs and almost averages a triple-double throughout the finals, and does the IMPOSSIBLE. The 2016 Finals has rebranded Lebron as one of the greatest of all-time. I'm okay with that.
>>
File: Bt3SfCf.jpg (29 KB, 720x697) Image search: [Google]
Bt3SfCf.jpg
29 KB, 720x697
>Lebron and Kevin Durant both go to the Lakers

Why do retards keep saying this? There is no reason for either of them to go there. Even less for them to BOTH go there together. LeBron just won a title and has one of the best PGs in the league coming into his prime. And KD's best chance to win is still with OKC.

Please stop this meme.
>>
As a cavs fan even if a KD acquisition bolstered the roster (won't be happening 100% though), I wouldn't want him until he 1v1s the based god and clears the air. Wherever KD goes gets the wrath of the based god bestowed upon it as well. No thanks.
>>
File: GettyImages-469670731.0.jpg (216 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-469670731.0.jpg
216 KB, 1310x873
>>68847441
kd most certainly can play 2 he would be an utter nightmare at 2 on the cavs but yeah, almost no chance he goes there bron only takes his bros with him
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.