[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He actually did it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11
File: 1463777413287.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463777413287.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
He actually did it.
>>
thanks lelbron
>>
It's still sinking in just how great of a sports story I witnessed.

Thank you, based LeBron
>>
TYBL
>>
i dont into american sports

is he the american ronaldo?
>>
>>68845311
Kinda, but likeable
>>
>he came back from 3-1 down
>against an all time great team that had homecourt advantage

Thank You Based GOAT
>>
Top 10 All-Time, guaranteed. Top 5, maybe.
>>
>>68845532
If he retires today, he is 5
>>
>>68845311
More like Messi, except more likeable.

Curry is Ronaldo. Extremely talented but also extremely cocky, and not nearly as good as the actual best player in the world.
>>
>>68845311
>>68845656

No, it really is LBJ=CR7, Curry=Messi if anything.

Messi is adored by all the metrics cucks for his quickness, relying on dribble to create space plus his high fg%, while Ronaldo is a more complete player that can age better because of his superior physical capabilities and also a huge media whore that has built an entire empire out of his public image.

The analogy also holds true off the court as Messi is generally seen as the good boy do-gooder while Ronaldo as the more childish and arrogant while Messi is actually a tattooed degenrate smug cunt and Ronaldo does a lot more for other people like charity and shit and gets a really bad rap because of the public's incorrect perception.
>>
>>68845945
I see absolutely no bias in this post
>>
>>68845945
This.
>>
Nah LeBron has GOAT level athleticism with great technical skills on top of that. He's probably most like pre injury Brazil Ronaldo.
>>
>>68845945
>muh charity
>implying it's not just a PR event
>implying he cares about little kids with downs
Come on now. Ronaldo is a cunt on and off the pitch, you can't deny it. And so is Curry and his bitch of a wife.
>>
>>68845366
>he
Missed all 4 of his shots in last 3 30 of Q4 game 7. It's was Kyree who saved his legasy with based three.
>>
>>68846213
Kyrie saved his ass desu, but he also made it possible with that block on Iguodala
>>
>>68846213
everyone on both sides was missing shots at the end, was stressful as fuck to watch desu
>>
>>68845967
I honestly couldn't care less about either of the two. I actually don't care much for football.

t.apehoop fan

>>68846158
>Ronaldo is a cunt on and off the pitch, you can't deny it.

I don't know the guy. Neither do you. I'm just going off of what seems like the best comparison with the info I have on all of them.
>>
>>68846407
>I don't know the guy. Neither do you.
You can't really claim we know nothing about him after watching him and hearing about him for 10 years.
>>
File: NclY6kU.jpg (51 KB, 496x501) Image search: [Google]
NclY6kU.jpg
51 KB, 496x501
Who is the Zidane of apehoop?

Kobe? Nash? A mix of those two?
>>
BEAUTIFUL MORNING
YOU'RE THE SUN IN MY MORNING BABE
>>
>>68846407
Remember that time Messi took a temper tantrum because one of his teammates scored a goal? Or that time he actually tackled his own teammate in an attempt to steal the goal from him? Or that time he snatches a microphone from a reporter and threw it into a pond?

Oh wait. That wasn't Messi.
>>
>>68846213
>>68846288

it's almost as if it's a "team" sport or something..

the block and the shot will forever go down in cleveland sports history as the best two consecutive plays of all time.. totally redeeming the drive and the fumble.
>>
As a Cleveland fan, it still doesn't feel like we won. Like it's still sinking in. The morning after the game I woke up for work and had to keep refreshing ESPN and reading it because i didn't believe it. We're not allowed to have nice things. Watching the parade yesterday helped though. It's still unbelievable.
>>
File: We finally did it.jpg (74 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
We finally did it.jpg
74 KB, 960x960
TYBL
>>
>>68846637
Saved
>>
>>68846637
when you finally beat the humans in their own game
>>
>>68842203
absolute madman
>>
>>68846213
he literally made the last point of the game
>>
File: SPORTS BKN-CAVS-WARRIORS 10 SJ.jpg (86 KB, 1140x760) Image search: [Google]
SPORTS BKN-CAVS-WARRIORS 10 SJ.jpg
86 KB, 1140x760
>>68846213
You do realize that if he wasn't hard fouled on his last dunk attempt that he would have one of the most memorable dunks/shots in league history.

But he came through after falling hard on his wrist and made the free throw he needed to seal the deal. Say what you will about him, but Kyrie's shot wouldn't have happened without the Block.
>>
File: mfw_legod_got_one_for_da_land.jpg (241 KB, 1344x634) Image search: [Google]
mfw_legod_got_one_for_da_land.jpg
241 KB, 1344x634
>>
It's funny seeing how this board sorta liked him in 2009, hated him from 2010 til last season and then loves the guy now.

inb4 people saying i've always liked lelbron

I'm just going by the board's majority opinion since then.
>>
Like Pele but actually plays an important sport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZnxfa0iT7o
>>
>>68842203

TYBL

it has been a long journey since 2010
>>
>>68851211
I've always loved legod you faggot
>>
>>68842203
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU LEBRON
>>
>>68851211
Meh, I understand why Cleveland was upset at him. Not sure if people jumped on the LeBron hate bandwagon because they supported cleveland and thought it was a dick move or they just wanted to get on the popular opinion train.

I've been a Cavs fan since my first game in 1991. I've been a fan of LeBron James since I saw him play at St. V's. I didn't even get mad at him after "The Decision." Sure, I was disappointed, but I kind of understood. Having lived here my whole life, I was moving out of state as well so I kind of got it. Never rooted against him unless he was playing the Cavs, but I held no grudge. I would have been more upset if he hadn't won any championships in Miami 2bh.

Happy as fuck though when he came back.
>>
>>68851211
It's only because he won. It was the complete opposite when the Warriors were up 3-1.
>>
>>68846213

Skip
Pls

He scored last 9 of 12 of their points
>>
File: 1466402042523.png (435 KB, 587x405) Image search: [Google]
1466402042523.png
435 KB, 587x405
>>68851308
Those who have apologized will be forgiven
>>
>>68851124

Lebron scored 9 of their last 12

11 of their 18 in the 4th
>>
I keep having dreams at night that it was LeBron who choked away a 3-1 lead in the finals, and wake up very depressed only to remember what actually happened. Such a relieving feeling.
>>
>>68851284
wow its almost like i knew someone would say that

>>68851288
Yeah I was mostly going by his reception on this board more than anything else. I mean the celebration after the Heat lost to the Mavs was very evident as most of this board was either mad they got left at the altar by Lebron so he could make a superteam in Miami or they got personally buttfucked by him in the Playoffs.

>>68851308
I also thinks it because most people were upset that the Warriors were so good and were tired of the "meme threes". I think by the time the series was 3-1, people were rooting for a comeback and the hilarity that would ensue.
>>
>>68851373
That's pretty normal for a Cleveland fan. Has god forgiven us for whatever we did wrong now that we are hosting the chosen one at the RNC this summer?
>>
i actually disliked lebron and hoped he lost, but now that he's actually done it and pulled off the greatest comeback ever and won one for da land, i sort of grudgingly respect him now.
like i still think he's an asswipe but he's undeniably a beast on the court
>>
IT'S OBVIOUSLY FUCKING FIXED YOU DICKHEADS
>>
File: hammieinhat.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hammieinhat.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>>68846493
>I rate Nash
>>
>>68845341
Lebron isn't likeable at all
>>
>>68846538
portugal on suicide watch
>>
>>68851447
yeah. OKC should have been in the Finals.
>>
>>68851211
I've liked lelbron ever since his image macro spread across /sp/ years ago

But you're right when people suddenly jump on his dick now because everybody hates curry
>>
>Jewhoop
>>
> BasquetJew
>>
Things looked bleak when they went down 2-3 against Boston in 2012

"Good job good effort"

Man how far we have come, he's looked incredible and given some pretty amazing games the past 5 years.

The way he came back from 3-1, took down the 73 win team, at a game 7 on the road? Unreal. As far as I'm concerned, it's him and Jordan. It's up in the air how much more time he has, I think he can transition in old age well to PF, especially with the leagues movement towards smaller players, so time will tell, but man, what a ride it's been.

He's battle hardened at this point, I would put him in a big game against anyone in the league at this point
>>
File: 1466135496099.jpg (36 KB, 288x400) Image search: [Google]
1466135496099.jpg
36 KB, 288x400
>mfw legod got one for da land
>>
>>68845945
dont forget messi and curry are both MASSIVE system babbies
>>
>>68845945
>ronaldo can age better
that's too delusional even for a smelly orange picker. ronaldo might still get a solid goal tally if he keeps playing in a team that feeds him easy chances, but his pace and vertical jump is going to detoriate as he ages while messi's GOAT dribbling will stay and his already godlike vision and autistic footballing mind will only improve
>>
>>68851436
Lebron is pretty much right to bask in the glory of this win because of how great it was. I think he's a soft flopping bitch that takes advantage of teams when he can, but the fact he won shows he's pretty much capable of putting together winning teams himself, and there isn't much else a team can ask for.
>>
let's laugh at bitch ass steph

>>68851148
>>68851148
>>
>>68845945
>Messi is adored by all the metrics cucks for his quickness, relying on dribble to create
while Ronaldo is a more complete player
,man messi is not only dribble, he has the best pass, vision. football iq ,shoot, fk acurracy as well as the best dribble in the world ( better when he was younger)
ronaldo can run, jump, and tap in.
>>
>>68846288
kyrie's three was awesome but lebron had the stop and dagger

without bron's dagger and d, curry would have driven on love for an easy layup, they'd steal the inbound or force inbound to their worst ft shooter and then have a much easier chance of ot or win on ensuing possession.
>>
>>68852408
>lebron had the stop
the block i mean
>>
>>68845945
>>68845996
haha. fuck off.

utter morons.
>>
>>68846493
Duncan
>>
File: lelbron kills a dog.png (236 KB, 890x652) Image search: [Google]
lelbron kills a dog.png
236 KB, 890x652
>>68842203
>>
File: BH24.jpg (126 KB, 636x312) Image search: [Google]
BH24.jpg
126 KB, 636x312
Buddy Hield College: 17.4 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.9 APG

MJ College: 17.7 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.8 APG

Just gonna leave this here
>>
File: messitacklespepe.webm (1 MB, 882x488) Image search: [Google]
messitacklespepe.webm
1 MB, 882x488
>>68845945

>while Ronaldo is a more complete player

But he's not. It is becoming even more obvious now that age is starting to affect his physicality, he isn't as fast anymore, his dribbling isn't as effective. Defenders can take the ball away from easier than when he was younger. His passing is good but nowhere near Messi.

Messi still has pace, but in the recent years he has often dropped deeper and deeper, more involved in the build up. He can play as a striker, he can play on the wing, he can play as an attacking midfielder, he can control and set tempo from midfield. His passing range is superior to Penaldo's. He's a lot more creative than Penaldo as well.
>>
It's still pretty fucking crazy, days after. I was rooting for the Cavaliers, but the entire second half of the series, even up until the last minutes of the last game, it still felt like the Warriors were just gonna chuck up like 4 contested three pointers in a row and win. Can't believe the Cavs won.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.