[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>best performances all across the board >beat the shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: lolyuro.png (199 KB, 385x409) Image search: [Google]
lolyuro.png
199 KB, 385x409
>best performances all across the board
>beat the shit out of meme teams that topped the FIFA meme rankings and meme qualifiers
>perfect defense
>win group with 1 match left to play
>get paired up with a 2nd place instead of a 3rd place team
>get paired up with reigning champs to re-enact the previous tournament final, in the Round of 16
>finishing 2nd is better than finishing 1st cause some teams that were supposed to finish 1st are finishing 2nd

Who the fuck devised this godawful tournament structure?

It's a fucking joke through and thorough, Germany, Englel, France, Italy and Spain on the same side of the table, while Memenaldo and a bunch of literally whos get the easiest route to the final ever.
>>
The format is shit but it is not uefas fault that teams like esbain finishes second.
>>
>>68800091
The only possible decent teams on the other side are Poland and Croatia, and they're playing each other right off, so Portugal might as well be in the finals already.
>>
u mad
>>
>>68800091
>Memenaldo

delet this
>>
They use group results for seeding, but not enough group games to establish true quality. Plus the other problems OP listed. Knockout stages should be seeded based on world ranking or something..
>>
so this 24 team thing stays forever right? zero chance it goes back to 16?
>>
I used to think it was just the Netherlands who got shit at football overnight, but having watched Euro 2016 upto now I can't really say I've seen a team that I would say is a clear favorite to win the whole thing.

It seems like everyone's world class internationals are on their way out, and there's no new generation to pick up where they left off. As a result smaller teams are able to compete and you get a shitload of semen slurping 0-0, 1-0 games.

The world cup in 2018 is going to be dramatic for Euro teams.
>>
>>68800217
World ranking is a joke since friendlies and the fucking confcup count
>>
there are 6 first sports and only 4 third spots. so obviously teams finishing first will not all play a team that has finished third. don't they rank the 6 teams finishing first so that the top 4 can play the teams that have finished third? or is it just random - you finished top in this particular group so now you have to play a team that placed second, good luck. because if it is good look, well, that's unfair.
>>
Poland, croatia, belgium and probably walse are better than england and france mate.
>>
who /porca madonna/ here?
>>
>>68800261
But even those are better than three games against random teams. Also, that's why I said "or something". Anything would be better than this.
>>
>>68800306
The winners of groups a, b, c, d play with the 3rd placed teams, while the winners of e and f play with two 2nd places
>>
File: memenking.jpg (81 KB, 1011x587) Image search: [Google]
memenking.jpg
81 KB, 1011x587
>>68800306

Probably based on their meme ranking or some convoluted as shit coefficient that couldn't be any more far removed from reality.
>>
>>68800333
forevermore, Shahram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sCMMhHOmDQ
>>
BORGO DIO :DDDDDDDDD
>>
>>68800374

Why though
>>
File: 8E1ZpwL.gif (3 MB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
8E1ZpwL.gif
3 MB, 500x368
>>68800380

>Colombia
>Bra71L
>Urgay
>Austria
>Belgium
>Poortugal
>Good

My sides.
>>
>>68800374
that's unfair. if you play in one group, you get a tougher draw. if you play in another, you get an easier draw. op is right

>>68800380
>Probably
it's conjecture, then?
>>
>>68800091
to be honest knockout stages in all tournaments should be like play-offs in America, where team 1 plays team 16, team 2 vs team 15 and so on. Make goal difference count before head-to-head too and everybody would have to attack in every game because even group winners would have to compete against other group winners, just like 3rd place team compete with each other now.

But het, this sport is run by retards. Seriously, in terms of organization and marketing football is far behind American sports.
>>
>>68800507
Organisation sure, but football is miles ahead in terms of marketing.
>>
>>68800226
More teams more shekels
>>
>>68800544
I don't know... Americans really know how to hype big tournaments and big games, They do all they can to make the games as entertaining to the casual viewer as possible and then market their competitions and big games like Hollywood blockbusters. Check out all the hype before NBA game 7 this year. When's the last time Champions League final was so hyped?

Also, strangely enough, refball in american sports only makes it more entertaining, they literally do all they can to make the best product to sell. On the other hand refball in football and football organizations in general seem to do all they can to ruin the games and promote shit teams and boring, defensive football. I don't know if it's political, they don't like some teams or are just retarded but fuck. Remember that time they tried to promote football in South Korea by refballing them to the semis and ruined the whole World Cup because of that making the entire rest of the world hate FIFA? They won one market and alienated countless others. Like I said, retards.
>>
>>68800507
FIFA and UEFA re run by dinosaurs who hate change. They fail to remember sport is a form of entertainment so entertaining should be priority number 1 over the "tradition" of the game.
>>
>>68800217
>World Ranking

just...no...stop
>>
>>68800380
OH my word. Colombia? Belgium?!?! CHILE?! LMMMMAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOO

>""""""""rankings"""""""""
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>68800333
/mona/ here
>>
Do Italians seriously think they would win against Croatia?
Be glad you got a tired Spain with a tired Iniesta, shit De gay and shit Ramos
>>
>>68800249
I've been saying for years that quality and number of star players has been dramatically decreasing during the last decade but you just can't get throught to /sp/'s 13 year olds who don't remember how entertaining this sport was at the turn of the century. I mean there are people here who think 2014 was the best World Cup ever.
>>
This is all our fault. We couldn't produce a team capable of beating (Czechoslovakia / 2)
Sorry Europe
>no, Wales does not count
>>
>>68800697
People always blame FIFA and UEFA but seem to not realise that it's football fans who hate change.

And why not? Football is one of the last bastions of tradition.
>>
>>68800226

Unfortunately not, but probably they'll change the Bracket structure for Euro20....it's very clear that is fucked up
>>
>>68800678

This x10000000000000000
>>
>>68800121
Belgium will crush that half of the bracket easily
>>
>>68800739

No and I despise both soccer and the italian team.

I just think it's pants on head retarded, that is all. There's people out there who were paid to come up with this nonsense and had 4 years to think about it.
>>
how is it UEFA's fault that the "good" teams didn't perform in the group stages
it's designed so that the group winners get an easier path to the final because they get to play groups that lost in the groupstages
the fact that some group winners are getting a harder bracket is only because the teams that are supposedly strong are losing
>>
>>68800855

UEFA's fault is having 24 teams in there instead of 16, throws the balance off and we get to see "Park the Bus: the movie" at least once a day.
>>
>>68800507

Could be simple. Take the 6 teams that top their groups, the 4 best will play against the 4 third ranked. The 2 worst will play with the runner ups. In this case Wales and winner of Group F would probaly have been the 2 worst top teams (the others made at least 7 point).
As this Italy would have been in the easy bracket, more fair to me.

Spain and England is another thing, they lost and ended up second, they are dumb
>>
File: 1441129067400.jpg (10 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1441129067400.jpg
10 KB, 250x238
>>68800380
>Austria
>us
>Uruguay
>fucking Austria
>>
>>68800877
You're the ones who showed these teams the way, you can't blame UEFA for that.
>>
>>68800855
24 teams make it so no one tries to win games in groups phase
see: england vs slovakia or every last game
>>
>france don't have to meet a group winner until the semis
Fucked format from the start
Tournaments have to remain powers of two
>>
>>68800091
Blame Spain and England finishing second, not the ones making the groups.
>>
>>68800333
You are more a /maomettofrociofigliodiputtana/ guy
>>
>>68800793
I don't follow soccer, but I feel you.

Here in the US we baseball fans get mocked mercilessly by swagfags who don't understand what tradition is.
>>
I almost hope Portugal top the group and get into harder side. Either that or they get knocked out
>>
>>68800933

>You

I don't play soccer nor do I identify with the players.

I'm merely a spectator and I believe the organization behind the tournament should aim for the highest level of entertainment, like NBA or NFL do.
>>
>24 teams
>8 groups of 3
>top 2 go through
>Winner of group A plays 2nd place group B etc etc
>?????

FIXED
>>
>Halal get easiest path to CL final
>Poortugal get easiest path to Euro final
So they're winning it all, aren't they?
>>
File: 1465061869777.jpg (35 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1465061869777.jpg
35 KB, 600x450
>>68801204
'no'
>>
>>68800091
>>best performances all across the board

Stopped reading there. My sides just wouldn't let me continue.
>>
>>68801245
>My sides just wouldn't let me continue.
yeah, we know that tour wingers and fullbacks are shit
>>
>>68801204
haven't been impressive at all desu
>>
Why does it matter who takes which route? The better team will win in the end. There can only be one champion.
>>
>>68801093
I agree with this. If we get 24 teams, it's better to go back to the old formula of 3 teams per group.
>>
>>68800091
>Who the fuck devised this godawful tournament structure?

Michel Platini

extending the format to 24 nations would have secured him more votes for UEFA elections. Platini as usual inspired by the Blatter method. This never was a sport decision it was a political one.
>>
>>68800729
>tf
>tp
>>
>>68800121
>implying Portugal is superior to Croatia

Did you even watch the games?
>>
>>68800678
>NBA game 7

I have literally no idea what you're talking about (I know what is NBA, but not "Game 7" or whatever).

Here's for your mighty marketing.

Regarding the Champions League final, it's mostly for a public of connoisseurs; all the marketing efforts go to international football.
>>
>>68800121
>2nd best player in the world
>best midfielder of the group stages
>solid defence

semi finals at worst
>>
>>68800821
What Belgium? They play without plan, they have those fast and good players like Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku but that's it, their defense is shit. We'll rape their goal.
>>
>>68801079
I bet you're a pro wrestling fan you fucking subhuman
>>
TSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>being 3rd is better than being 2nd

>this semen slurping sport
>>
>>68800369
No its not better
>>
>>68800964
what a rare flag
>>
>>68800380
>tfw friendlies count into ranking
>>
>Congratulations on the WC Germany, you've played very well

HOWEVER
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.