[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CONCACAF discussion thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 212px-CONCACAF-logo.png (26 KB, 212x248) Image search: [Google]
212px-CONCACAF-logo.png
26 KB, 212x248
Gentlemen, seriously speaking, how do we improve our competitiveness? I don't know about you, but I'm tired of CONCACAF being weak. I mean, look at CAF. They represent quite fucking literally speaking the poorest region in the entire world, yet their Confederation is more competitive than ours.
What do?
>>
You should try being rich and spending a lot of money
>>
>>68796498

Maybe if the South Americans stopped suspending 4 starters, we would actually be competitive
>>
CONCACAF has the highest average finish of all time for a confederation that isn't UEFA or CONMEBOL.
>>
>>68796512

What an Arab thing to say Ahmed
>>
>>68796518

*in World Cups
>>
We should learn how to play fĂștbol
>>
File: quintessentially british.jpg (82 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quintessentially british.jpg
82 KB, 640x480
>>68796524
>>
Every country that hasn't been a Gold Cup runner-up should combine into 3 or 4 consolidated teams
>>
>>68796518
This, fuku op
>>
>>68796498
How about just getting rid of it and playing alongside south americans, you tsundere fucks?
>>
>>68796612
>Long ass travels for the poorest teams in CONCACAF
>CONMEBOL teams get absolutely nothing in terms of decent opposition and get a heavier schedule
>CONCACAF """"giants"""" at risk of not even qualifying for the WC

Won't be done.
>>
Let's first of all stop the mls from being a literal retirement home.
>>
>>68796680

topkek

imagine them playing the Copa Libertadores.
>>
If we can't fix the mls send more young players overseas where they will actually get experience. Literally having a 17 year old be our most exciting prospect is odd. Please stay in Europe.
>>
>>68796655
I think he was talking about USA and Mexico only
>>
>>68796717
Without them CONCACAF would almost be OFC tier. And my second and third arguments still stand.
>>
>>68796680
Daily reminder

>Ashley Cole says he is "not ready to relax on a beach yet".
>The Galaxy sign him

Embarrassment
>>
>>68796711
Kids go over there every year
The best ones have decided they're Italian (Rossi) or Serbian (Subotic)
Others go into MLS academies
Dempsey went through college and worked out fine.
It's a process. We don't live in a dictatorship. We can't flip a switch and change it overnight. There are thousands of people making a living off the hodgepodge that exists today and they will fight any top-down changes that threaten it.
>>
>MLS should ditch their salary cap and start spending milions in top tier athletes.

This way, more people would get interested and a new, less shitty generation could be formed
>>
>>68796795
My ticket rep asked me why I didn't renew season tickets. I told him I don't want to pay the wages of old cunts like Gerard and Cole, I want increased investment in the academy. He hasn't called since.

I think they sell more tickets with these old fuckers with name recognition. And they're more marketable for tv. So we're gonna be stuck with them and the retirement league label for another couple decades I imagine.
>>
>>68796911

Fuck the athletes , spend that money on academies
>>
>>68796954
Has anyone since Beckham actually done anything? Henry is a literal who here
>>
Have a relevant elite club championship competition in the region, like the champions league. AFC champions league is more relevant
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.