[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Basketball invented >One team would get ahead and just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 4
File: soccer-stupid.jpg (45 KB, 500x235) Image search: [Google]
soccer-stupid.jpg
45 KB, 500x235
>Basketball invented
>One team would get ahead and just hold possession
>That's fucking stupid
>Shot clock added

>Soccer invented
>One team gets ahead and just hold possession
>can't change anything cuz "muh beautiful game"

Fuck this sport.
>>
File: eminemmich.jpg (36 KB, 422x337) Image search: [Google]
eminemmich.jpg
36 KB, 422x337
>>68785857
>mfw i only liked football until i discovered nearly every other sport
>>
Stop crying and get better.
>>
still 45 minutes left, have some faith burgerbro
>>
you are dumb. football is played with your feet, it's much harder to keep possession.
>>
>let's make shit overly complicated so shitty teams can compete by using ugly strategies

basically what you want
>>
>>68785857
Holy shit.

>this salty and the game isn't even over
>>
>>68786170
shit up you abo bitch you dont know what makes a good sport lets leave that up to the big boys ie us AMERICANS
>>
You are literally a quitter and should join the chicanos during the great wall toss. I personally dont care if we get beat by a better team as long as our players dont quit like third worlders would
>>
>>68786272
>shit up
>>
>>68786170
not quite, more like

>oh we're shit at sports everyone else likes so let's invent some of our own so we can maintain our bubble.

You guys have a population of 350 million and can't even find 11 players who are half decent at football.
>>
>>68785857
>thinks football is entirely determined by possession.

this only exposes how little you know OP
>>
>>68786508

I bet the number of people who have played soccer in Argentina is larger than the number of people in America who have played soccer

But regardless, none of that changes the fact that soccer has rules issues
>>
>>68786646

Don't all the kids in the US play it growing up? You would think Americans would want to be half decent at the biggest sport in the world.

kek
>rule issues
inb4 refball/divegrass argument.
>>
>>68786965

No, most kids in the US growing up playing either football or baseball. Soccer is becoming bigger but is way, way less significant in most parts of the country and most of the best athletes tend to go in that direction (particularly football)
>>
>>68786965

No, sometimes very small children play it because they aren't old enough to play real sports, but that's by no means countrywide
>>
Never thought burgerbros could have such lack of technique. You're playing a semifinal! Show some balls!
>>
>>68787132
Not really an excuse considering the population of a country like Chile. Not to mention the resources and money put into football in the US is actually quite high. The money invested in football is probably more than most SA countries.
>>
>>68787212
>real sports

being salty doesn't warrant low quality bait.
>>
Yes you actually have to be good at the sport to get the ball. You don't just get it for fucking free like ape hoop.
>>
>>68786607
I think he what he meant is that once a team is leading, all they do is play keep-away.
>>
>>68787345

That's fair, there's definitely more people who've played soccer in America than places like chile and croatia
>>
>>68787591
Called "parking the bus". Makes for boring matchplay but you need to be good at it. Also any decent offensive team can break this. Called "applying pressure". Can you believe that a sport requires some type of strategy, as opposed to taking it turns to score?
>>
>>68787416

Why not?

It's just a joke

I have a lot of respect for good soccer players it just doesn't interest most American athletes
>>
But Amerifat, it's very hard to keep possession in football and very easy in basketball. There is essentially no tackling in basketball. In football all you need to do is be stronger than the other guy and muscle him off the ball, or press them so they don't have time to pick out an accurate pass then intercept.

The majority of games have fairly even levels of possession
>>
>>68787925

All sports require strategy

Some are more fun than others

I don't think soccer is very fun, to play or watch, because of the parking the bus strategy you mention

That said, most sports aren't very fun to watch, only play, and soccer is definitely more fun to play than watch
>>
>>68786965
Fuuuuck no. You should see Texas football teams compared to soccer. fucking death marches.
>>
Why can't Brits get it through their thick skulls that kids don't play soccer in north america
>>
>>68788108

>the majority of games have fairly even levels of possession

Not so far in the copa and the Europe tournament

Most matches have had at least 60% possession to one team
>>
>>68788108

Messi is the goat and he's a small man

Anyone could easily overpower him, H O W E V E R, STR is not all that matters in football.

Messi is DEX incarnate.
>>
>>68788194

You just pulled this out of your bum hole, and even if true, 60/40 is hardly a drastic split.

You also totally disregard pressing/counter attacking sides who don't WANT possession.
>>
Burgebros, just accept you lack technique. Don't blame the game, blame yourselves, you suck at it.
>>
>>68788225
This. Absolutely this.
>>
Watched the first half, seemed like Argentina didn't give a fuck after they scored, just conserving energy for the final passing it around, sometimes literally just standing still for 10 seconds.

Does Klinsmann not teach the USA to press or something. First half was pre-season pace.
>>
>>68788112
>>68788146
Don't you guys have an immigration problem as well? Don't Mexicans fucking love football? They still get trashcanned by Chile but the absence of a decent Mexican on the US team is a bit surprising.

>>68788112
You just haven't seen very high level football then which is understandable with the current quality of the MLS. If the US had some half-ass players I guarantee you would be saying otherwise.
>>
>>68786508

Soccer is a women's sport in America, and no surprise we won the World Cup. If you are an elite athlete in america, there are at least 3 other major sports that you would consider ahead of soccer.
>>
>add shot clock to soccer
>it becomes a game of violations and turnovers

Stick to handegg and apehoop, chad
>>
Metaphorically kill yourself.
>>
>>68785857
Basketball fucking sucks donkey dick
>>
>>68788547
Nobody here really watches women's football because it isn't considered high quality. You can probably find equal male players at amateur Sunday league games.

Again the reason why people in your country don't want to play football is not because it's boring, baseball is one of the most boring televised sports I've ever seen. It's because you're all historically bad at it. Even with this taken into account you would think that the US would have been able to produce 1 above average pro in over 30 years of league football, but somehow you haven't. No Landon Donovan was never that good and neither is Clint Dempsey.
>>
>>68788720
Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot onions.
>>
>>68788547
I would say say 8, there are still better chances for an elite athlete of succeeding in America if you play hockey, boxing, wrestling, tennis or golf than soccer.
I always ask myself why all other major american sports seems to have much taller and stronger players than this US soccer team. Then you get that all of them are third-rate athletes who would never make it to any other major sport.
>>
Maybe US is losing because Klinsmann. With jews, you lose!
>>
>>68788766
This literally has nothing to do with why football isn't popular in the US.
>>
>>68788832
>wrestling is a sport

br pls
>>
>>68788942
they suck at it. if they were good, it would be popular. it's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>68788951
>being this dumb
>>
>>68788829
Sorry op can't hear you over the 300 billion more voices of fans cheering for a sport that actually is entertaining.
Basketball is fun for 2/48 minutes, gg tho.
>>
>>68789011
They're in the last four of a fairly legit international tournament, I'd say they're at least ok at it.
>>
>>68789015
>greentexting validates my opinions although I made no argument
>>
>>68786128
Good game btw
>>
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, YANKEES CULO ROTOS
>>
>4-0!
>Let's also revise the offside rule
kek
>>
>>68786965
You don't understand. Kids playing soccer here is them standing around picking their noses and just kicking the ball as hard as they can for fun
>>
Soccer was invented by European ladies to keep them busy while their husbands did the cooking.
>>
>>68789090
The only game I was legitimately surprised by was the Costa Rica one. They scraped by Ecuador and Paraguay at home. The only real quality opposition they've faced (Colombia and Argentina) have beaten them comfortably.
>>
>>68788488
Mexicans suck at soccer dude. Also a lot of our shitty immigrants are malnourished pieces of shit from crapholes like Nicaragua and Guatemala
>>
>>68789301
So what you're saying is they're too dumb to fashion a goal out of a couple of rocks?
>>
>>68789301
Isn't it the same thing in baseball?

>>68789453
Their national team is still better than yours. They have a few decent players scattered around the globe.
>>
>>68785857
>Not rating a 26 pass goal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR3Om0WfErA
>>
>>68789509
lol,you guys are fucking terrible yourselves

whens the last time your national team did anything worth a shit?
>>
>>68789467
Where did I say there were no goals? I'm just saying they put 11 v 11 kids and there is no strategy. Kids run toward the ball and just kick it hard.

Instead of memeing all the time maybe think before you post.

>>68789509
What do you mean same as baseball?

Also we have been better than them for the most part the past few years. Think of team not individual players.
>>
>>68789717
I was talking about on the street, not in PE.
>>
honestly someone in the US on how much money soccer makes worldwide. I can't fathom they're unable to capitalize on it, especially when they still spend fortunes on their players anyways

i think most of the reason why it's never amounted to nothing is that it doesn't have the grassroots foundation that it has in nearly every soccer powerhouse in the world. the concept of sports franchise is nearly unknown outside the US's direct sphere of influence, so is the idea of universities effectively functioning as youth training camps. it's such a foreign concept elsewhere
>>
>>68789685
Kinda used to this lashing out defense mechanism. We host the biggest league in the world and some of the biggest clubs. Our national team is a meme in that it tends to underperform despite having good players.

That said they're undefeated in 2 years and are probably making the QF's or SF's (if the draw is good) of this Euro's.

>>68789717
Standing around kicking rocks, waiting for something to happen? Sounds like baseball.
>>
Gay
>>
>>68789467
Hes saying that even if there are goals noone takes it seriously. In elementary school the little kids played soccer because all the big kids hogged the football field
>>
>>68789846
Kids play in leagues here. Only people that play street soccer are beaners. Street sports here is predominately basketball.

>>68789953
Yeah they do that too. I'm just saying in your countries kids actually learn how to play and here they just kick the ball and run around. Call it an excuse if you want, but it is true.
>>
>>68789953
i really don't care how shit at soccer usa is

I'm just saying you guys talk lot of shit for a country with little success itself
>>
>>68790136
eh most people aren't taught to play. They just watch it on tv/locally and pick it up. Lots of kids go and play for youth teams because they're interested and then the good ones move onto something else. People aren't really taught the techniques/skills, they develop more intuitively from playing a lot.

>>68790292
does that upset you? We've won the world cup and generally make the knockout stages of any big tournament we play in. Despite underperformance the team itself consists of some very good players. Got to remember international football only constitutes a small amount of actual played football, it just draws more global attention. I can confidently say our national team is good.
>>
>>68790607
Well soccer is hardly on tv here so our children don't get that exposure then. Also, as your players progress to better leagues and teams, ours progress to sports that are more appreciated by Americans. Kids would rather be the football or basketball star in high school than be the soccer star. That's just American culture.
>>
>>68790607
i can confidently say you're delusional

like you said..biggest league in the world,some of the best players,biggest club

being happy with getting into knockout stages is pretty fucking pathetic considering
>>
>>68790607
we get into the knockout stages just as often as you, and we barely give a fuck here, less than 2 million watched the ecuador game (in english).

soccer is just not part of the culture here. maybe when all the hipsters start having kids we might be a bit better

>>68786508
nah, we were decent at rugby before we created a superior and not-gay version.
we were probably pretty decent at cricket also before baseball. Baseball predates most international sports competitions anyway. Predates most organized and professional sports history. Baseball and basketball are pretty international also.
>>
>>68786508
/thread
Based 'soccer' inventors delivering hard truth
>>
>>68790607
How do you not understand that we generally don't care about soccer as a country?
>>
I've tried to like soccer for years, but just can't do it. The uniforms are ads, the announcers sound like morons. Maybe if they'd have US announcers for US broadcasts. Do these copa things show country names on uni or just more ads?
>>
>>68788194
Aside from the fact that you did in fact pull this out of your arse, that's because we're watching games with countries that are mostly shit tier against top teams like Spain

As for the Copa America, I'm fairly sure there's none of this kind of data for this tournament because it's literal shit tier and nobody in their right mind gives a fuck
>>
>>68789011
it school we use to beat up soccer kids and call them faggots for playing a communist womens sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZaGWGAMjus

this is literally what we think of your faggot sport and collection of cucked nations. fag
>>
That's just obvious butt-hurt. you can't be mad for losing to the 1# team and 1# player in the world, especially when U.S. had its best player out.and besides if Argentina didn't beat us, we wouldn't have the chance to play Colombia for third place and revenge.
Also 3/4 of this thread has downs-syndrome
>>
>>68788167
Because it sounds unimaginable, everybody plays football everywhere, it is the most popular sport on earth and generates the most money. Having a whole continent with a national team on the level of a 3rd world nation simply doesn't make sense.
>>68786508
Britfag is right. No one plays handegg or baseball, and basketball is only remotely popular. If you'd at least stick to cricket and rugby it would be fun.
>>
>>68792461
All of the hipsters re vegan cucks that won't have the children that can make it to the top.
>>
>>68797948
>if you'd at least stick to cricket and rugby it would be fun

Says who?

How is cricket even relevant? Like 5 countries play it. Baseball has more outreach. Let me guess, because of 1 billion impoverished street shitters right? Only use them when it benefits your agenda and shit on them the rest of the time lol
>>
>>68785857
3/10, got me to reply
>>
>>68798022
Imagine the banter when US/Englel or US/Pooinloos. Imagine playing Rugby against SA or Ireland, and have a great time at the pub afterwards.
>>
>>68786646
Typical american...
You guys suck at football... "muh rule issues"
You guys suck at tennis...."muh grass courts and clay courts should be banned"
You guys suck at roller hockey...."muh it should be played with in line rollers instead"

Stop making excuses for your mediocrity!
And the only reason you guys win at every other sport is due to doping. Seriously, how often american athletes are discovered to be using doping to enhance their perfromances?
Bunch of cheaters!
>>
>>68795159

Half the time spent watching American sports is ad breaks you jabroni. You are complaining about jerseys with ads on them when your commentators will literally show replays and highlights sponsored by Gatorade and snickers you stupid fat cunt.
>>
>>68798418
Historically speaking we have utterly shit on you in tennis. Have some damn respect.
>>
I find it strange that theyre bad considering all their other sports are dominated by blacks. Shouldn't all the whites flock to soccer since they don't have a chance anywhere elese?
>>
>>68798993
Historically speaking the US is owned by the Queen too, have some damn respect.
>>
>>68788112
Nah. Have you seen rugby matches? I don't know jack shit about the rules but those games are fun as fuck to watch, really comfy to the point that I celebrate a score when I see one, even when I fucking have no clue what they are called

I wouldn't play it but I would go to a stadium to see a match. Murican football on the other hand is boring as fuck, too many stops to actually make it fluent gameplay
>>
>>68799881
Apparently you've never heard of the American Revolution. The UK has NO ownership claim on us, and hasn't in well over 200 years.
>>
>>68788453
Apparently, they were all "tired" because they've only played 12 starters during the tournament.
>>
>>68786508
Most Americans don't care about soccer. No one is crying over the lost except spics. Everyone else is waiting for football to start or are watching baseball. It's kinda funny the entire planet seems to be obsessed with Americans not being deeply involved in soccer. It's because it's a very boring sport and we have baseball to get drunk at already.
>>
>>68785857

Do you understand that a Basketball field is way smaller than a football field? In Basketball you can build an action in just 30 seconds because with two passes you're in other team's ring.
In football it's impossible. We would have just a bunch of shitty actions because every team will make a long pass to try to reach other half of the field as quickly as possible
>>
>>68799881
Okay smart ass. Compare something hundreds of years back to Pete Sampras, jimmy Connors, John McEnroe and Andre Agassi.
>>
You have to keep in mind when citing america's huge population that they are about 78% obese, 40% 'morbidly' obese.
>>
>>68798777
Dat file name
>>
>>68799996
>>68800316
>ONLY I'M ALLOWED TO BRING UP HISTORY REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Parking the bus happens all the time in soccer and its really fucking boring
>>
File: xYepMd3.jpg (112 KB, 960x701) Image search: [Google]
xYepMd3.jpg
112 KB, 960x701
How do retarded threads like these get 100+ replies?

I haven't gotten a You(You) in almost 2 weeks. Fuck this I give up.
>>
@68802856
Here's your (you)
>>
>>68798022
>How is cricket even relevant? Like 5 countries play it. Baseball has more outreach.
I'M IN TEARS
>>
>>68798022
>How is cricket even relevant? Like 5 countries play it.

Please, just be quiet, you're making the rest of us look stupid
>>
>>68786508
Soccer is for girls if my kid wanted to play soccer I would call him a faggot
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.