[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cric/ ODI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 12
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 223x226
Sri lanka - 286/9(50/50) vs England - 183/6(36/50)

West Indies - 169/3(35.4/50) vs Australia
>>
>1 post
>1 user
nice 'poomunity' you got here
>>
>yfw Englel pull of the win
>>
buttler's gone!
>>
>>68767397
if this doesn't prove that buttler is batting too low down I don't know what will, he's got to be in the top 4
>>
>>68768919
agreed
>>
And... Ramdin goes from the other side
>>
umpball
m
p
b
a
l
l
>>
20 of 10
this is getting close
>>
this is it!
14 from the last over!
>>
Tied!
>>
The absolutely madmen went and tied
>>
Was this the greatest ODI of all time?
>>
There was only one winner out there today...cricket!
>>
>>68769002
>>68769083
>>68770990
>>68771315
>>68771959

Bless you
>>
>>68772505
no way but it was bretty gud. the whole no ball thing could have spoiled it but luckily willy was playing shit so nobody cared too much
>>
>>68773089
Isn't willey a top order batsman for his county?
>>
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD morning
>>
Daniel what the fuck are you doing in bangladesh
>>
>tfw have the morning off
>tfw havent watched any of this series
I for one am looking forward to watching this chase. Something about knowing literally no one else in this country is watching it is very comfy
>>
There goes Finch!
>>
>>68774382
hopefully he suffers a career ending injury on the way back to the pavillion
>>
>>68773473
yeah in meme cricket he scored a 100 off 40 balls opening in a t20 finals day game. he just wasn't hitting well and it happens when you have to go in at the end like that sometimes
>>
File: 1427860220872.gif (148 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1427860220872.gif
148 KB, 340x340
We've got this
>>
File: 1465190130713.jpg (12 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1465190130713.jpg
12 KB, 255x200
Why didn't Australia play any front line spinners?
The pitch is responding well to spin.
>>
>>68774195
Not familiar with that meme my kind sir.
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>68776474
because Starc is in the team and they could play 10 literal farmers and still win with him there
>>
>didn't get my full money back because of the tie

Fuck bet365 tttt

They must make fuckloads on meme results like ties
>>
PS is that you Ankush with the green flag?

Don't think I've ever seen one post more than once in the last 2 years, and the posts are quite Ankush-y
>>
>>68778189
why isnt there a super over for boreDI's?

for the few times each decade it actually happens it would be nice tbqh
>>
>>68778260
I dunno, maybe they decided picking a 50 over game with a one over meme is a bit more unfair than picking a 20 over game with a one over meme

Not gonna lie, super overs are pretty much the only think that's entertaining about T20s anymore. Most games have found the same repetitive formula that ODIs have got stuck in.
>>
Fun fact: every single member of England's ODI team today has at least 3 hundreds at professional level
>>
>>68778315
i want to live in a world where super overs are brought in for tied tests

with the twist that if the chasing team doesnt get the runs, but doesn't lose their wicket either, then it is a draw
>>
>>68778227
Who is this Ankush you speak of?
Is it a new meme?
>>
>>68778388
Nah, tied tests are just too fucking rare, you gotta savour it when it happens. Don't ruin it with memes.
>>
>>68778413
Tied tests ARE a meme
>>
>>68778400
Shut the fuck up Ankush we know it's you, you're not fooling anyone. Weren't you supposed to be going to England?
>>
>>68778400
do you really travel throughout all the slum shitholes of asia or is it just a proxy?
>>
File: 1456953281362.jpg (65 KB, 541x625) Image search: [Google]
1456953281362.jpg
65 KB, 541x625
>>68778447
But I'm not Ankush
>>
>>68778456
Neither. I live in one of those shitholes though
>>
>>68778447
>>68778456
Not me lads, this is Daniel.
>>
>>68778992
Try again bokchod
>>
>>68778992
daniel has never been anywhere outside of CrushedChurch, Cuckland and Melbourne
>>
>australian running
>>
>Meme Shit
>>
Just looked at the scorecard for the England and SL ODI, looked like a great finish. I thought England would comfortably chase that total down during the innings break.
>>
>>68779326
It was a great finish
>>
57 from 42
let's see where it goes
>>
arent black guys supposed to be good at fielding?
>>
>>68779946
not if it's someone like Samuels.
>>
Really, really happy with the captaincy/coaching this game, they've used the teams resources far more intelligently.

Marsh is a top-class batsman so it was a great call to promote him. Likewise, Maxmeme is good at nothing but memeing in the slog overs so it was smart to hold him back until then, and now he is back to doing well what he has always done well

Now all they need to do is never pick fat fuck Finch again
>>
COLLAPSE
>>
>its another episode of Starcwinslol
we'd be Poo Peeland-tier without him tbqhfampais
>>
>>68780059
>Marsh is a top-class batsman
>>
>>68778756
Who are you then

What's your endgame
>>
>>68780059
Would LITERALLY prefer Matthew "How do the selectors get away with picking me" Wade open the batting than finch.
>>
>>68782916
He is LITERALLY already in the World Best Odi XI you SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETHING fucking casual.

>>68785900
I unironically agree. His dismissal this morning was the most Aaron Finch-dismissal possible. it wasn't badluck or even a bad shot. It was just a shit batsman who gut flummoxed by good bowling (Gabriel bowled about 4 overs of genuine 150+kp/h stuff). he just looked confused, like he knew he didnt belong playing at this level.
>>
>>68788241
>he just looked confused, like he knew he didnt belong playing at this level.

desu, he's looked that same way every time I've seen him face a red ball.

On the plus side lads, even with shit openers and no DJ/Gayle/Simmons/Sammy/Russell the windies still have the bowling to be competitive in limited overs. Gabriel looking really good.

When's Holder getting shafted? If Sammy got the captaincy taken off him because he can't justify his place as either batman or bowler, surely Holder is getting the sack for the same reason soon.
>>
>>68788754
who replaces Holder?

Kieron fucking Pollard was UNIRONICALLY captain when Holder went off
>>
>>68789779
Darren Bravo? Rammed in?
>>
>>68767397
WAVING
>>
>>68790804
KERMIT'S
>>
>>68790854
ASSHOLE?
>>
>>68790804
>>68790854
>>68790906
please watch our sport mr average moderate Norwegian
>>
>>68791075
Based WolfGOD
>>
>>68790755
Dm Bravo is literally the most autistic cricketer I can think of. If daniel were one of the most talented batsmen in the world, he would be Darren Bravo

>gets homesick when he has to leave the Caribbean
>prefers Test to T20
doesnt sound like Windies captain material

Ramdin preceded Holder and was one of the worst captains ive ever seen. And if Holder should be dropped for performance, so should Ramdin (okay yeah he had a couple of okay games this series, but his career as a whole has been pretty bad)
>>
File: 1448326175454.png (85 KB, 294x258) Image search: [Google]
1448326175454.png
85 KB, 294x258
cricket is gay
>>
if the Windies fielded this as their Test lineup, they'd unironically be really good

Gayle
K Brathwaite
DM Bravo
Samuels
Hope
Dowrich (wk)
Russell
Taylor
Gabriel
Narine/C Brathwaite (conditions depending)
Bishoo
>>
Cricket
>>
AFL
>>
Rugby
>>
>>68793557
lol
>>
File: fittin to bust.png (1 MB, 1377x1561) Image search: [Google]
fittin to bust.png
1 MB, 1377x1561
>>
>>68793332
I fucking love watching Darren Bravo bat

That cover drive is so Lara-rific it makes me wanna cum

>Daniel will NEVER, EVER experience a sense of nostalgia watching Bravo slash through the covers

KEK
>>
File: gatefaggot.png (107 KB, 186x218) Image search: [Google]
gatefaggot.png
107 KB, 186x218
>>68780059
>Marsh is a top-class batsman

kys gatebitch
>>
Imagine being such an autist about test cricket that you alienate friendships over it because your brain literally can't equate fun and T20.

Imagine being this obsessive about a cricket format when you've never actually seen the GOATs (Tendulkar, Lara, Fleming) bat in their prime.

Imagine being Cuckiel

I'd knit my socks 2bh
>>
>>68780158
>we'd be Poo Peeland-tier without him tbqhfampais

You "literally" were below us without him IIRC
>>
>>68795890
>GOATs
>Fleming
>>
>>68796039
Youre right Tendulkar doesn't belong there
>>
>>68796256
i suppose you're right, Fleming is literally New Zealands 2nd greatest ever batsman
>>
File: file.png (16 KB, 699x155) Image search: [Google]
file.png
16 KB, 699x155
The subject of gambling is all encompassing. It combines man's natural play instinct with his desire to know about his fate and his future.
>>
Dennis Lillee is just a poor man's Richard Hadlee
>>
Is Fake Tradie a /cric/ meme?
>>
Who /womenscric/ here?

Katherine Brunt is weirdly attractive tttt (to tell the truth)
>>
>>68797553
>>68797553
>>68797553
>>68797553
>>
lmeo it's the english IPL chick commentating

She could literally still walk into this team, half of them are older than her, but she needs the journalism shekels
>>
Winfield's got a nice ass tttt
>>
>39MPH

I could shoot my load to the striker's end faster than that
>>
>>68797543
no thanks
>>
File: 268.jpg (20 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
20 KB, 329x399
>>68797661
>>
>talking about Isa's illustriously brief career

Wonder if they're gonna give her some workplace banter about how she retired age 24 so she could let Chris Gayle hit on her
>>
Can't fully tell if Winfield's actually cute or not from here but I'd for sure fuck her

Beaumont's such a massive womanlet though shit
>>
Hi is this the shitskin and WORM general ja?
>>
>>68797900
Yes this is /bundes/
>>
Why can't women catch bros?
>>
>>68798012
You'd look good under my boot ZeaWORM
>>
File: Default.png (5 KB, 129x233) Image search: [Google]
Default.png
5 KB, 129x233
>>
I'd cut Isa's international career short if you get what I'm saying
>>
>>68780059
>mitchell marsh is a top class batsman
>barely averages 30 in first class cricket
are you the same guy that argues with everyone that marsh is better than stokes?
>>
Holy balls this chick is literally looping this 3.5m above the ground
>>
>>68793332
problem is they've got no other keepers, they've wanted to drop ramdin for years but there's nobody else
>>
Oops forgot the faggot trip soz senpai

>>68798186
I think you'll find that BOTH are worse than New Zealand's brave Cory Anderson
>>
>>68798186
>are you the same guy that argues with everyone that marsh is better than stokes?
Stokes is more proven in First-Class/Test cricket, but Marsh is literally mountain ranges ahead of Stokes in pyjama cricket
>>
Women's cricket is hilarious
>>
>>68798263
>Marsh is literally mountain ranges ahead of Stokes in pyjama cricket

And that matters how? Pyjama cricket tests literally no skills except memeswinging, which Stokes is demonstrably good at.

>>68798316
I'm unironically loving this giant loopy spinner. Every ball looks like a head height beamer until it drops at a length
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Cricket/comments/4p9zk4/the_numbers_of_the_reprieve_a_more_just/

daniel gave us a shout out :3
>>
>>68798344
kys daniel
>>
>>68798344
>daniel wrote out a massive 3000 word reddit post that pretty much empirically proves that Kane is overrated

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>68798344
>literally just trying to be Andy Zaltzman, but less funny

I could think of nothing worse. Daniel, you need better idols man.
>>
Based Lauren

I'd fuck her, for sure.
>>
>>68798263
this is true but he claims that marsh is the better test allrounder easily. i'm not sure if he's just baiting or another deluded australian
>>
>>68798614
she looks better with the helmet on desu, she's got amazing eyes but her face is pretty meh as a whole I think. I wonder if she'd be up for leaving it on while fucking
>>
>>68798533
Honestly I was going to rip him to shreds for devoting such a lengthy supposedly statistical analysis with zero statistical metrics or scaling, but the lad has clearly put a lot of effort on it, so good for him.

The main problem with analyzing dropped catches is that it's impossible to statistically quantify the pyschological shifts from dropped catches or umpballs.

PS: Zaltzman's standup is shit but somehow still funnier than le current year man
>>
>>68798708
this, it's impossible to statistically quantify the effects of dropped catches etc. I think the really interesting one would be to analyse how many times batsman have been given out but brought back on review because of front foot no balls, just because I imagine it's hugely demoralising for the bowler to think he's got someone out for it to be brought back and the batsman would feel a lot more free and play openly because he sees it as luck and having a second chance
>>
File: holly winfield.jpg (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
holly winfield.jpg
75 KB, 600x600
>>68798698
I like her hair too, kinda filthy ginger. She looks like she'd be a ruthless fuck though too, though I guess that's just the women's sportsperson demographic.

Most of the team are kinda decent, but none are really impressive. Beaumont's not bad for a womanlet, also lmaoing at how she literally gambled her hundred on how godawful the paki fielding is
>>
>>68798784
>and the batsman would feel a lot more free and play openly because he sees it as luck and having a second chance

if daniel is reading this (and he most definitely IS), it's a good idea for his next analysis to see whether there dropped catches result in an increase in strike rate

From what I can remember in the 2014 series when Bitchwide destroyed South Africa, Warnmeme was dropped like 6 times and I swear he just kept scoring faster and faster with every drop
>>
>>68798708
I think he tried to keep it as standard "averages", because scaling always ends up with fucking weird as units that are pretty hard for laymen to interpret.

Not gonna lie, I like the average-until-first-chance measure, it's a good sort of measure of the value one puts on their own wicket. Really interesting to see Lyth above Hales, considering it feels like Hales has been far more confident.
>>
>>68798837
I feel the opposite way about Hales, in the early stages of his innings he looks far more timid and unconfident than Lyth. I guess the only reason why he looks more confident is because he's actually consolidated his starts unlike Lyth.
>>
>>68798787
I pulled a girl drunk that looked like lauren and she took it up the bum so I can imagine that she would totally be up for that, cheeky bit of anal after she's spent all day facing 40mph pies would suit her I reckon
>>68798837
a large thing in that is hales is a lot more powerful, meaning half chances he's had a go at are a lot harder to take. he's 6 inches or so taller than lyth and a lot cleaner hitter so it makes it a lot harder to take a low slip chance off a big drive from hales than lyth
>>
>>68798827
It's obvious >>68798344 is him, he posts it here like 15 minutes after posting it on lebbit
>>
>>68798885
Yeah, but what that stat points out is that Hales keeps getting dropped so he actually gets chances to consolidate those starts, whereas Lyth didn't even get dropped once. The fact that he was dropped like four times and STILL didn't even get a hundred in that last match is hilarious.
>>
>>68798897
All that testosterone from smashing balls to the 45m straight boundaries, should be fiery.

Bet she takes it out on the rest of the team first though. You reckon her and Beaumont get some good ""opening partnerships"" in the changing rooms after the games?
>>
Right padded up grill is pretty cute
>>
>>68798997
she definately fingerblasts a couple of girls after each game in the showers to show them who's boss, bitch i'm fielding in the slips fuck off to cover you slags
>>
>>68799104
Who do you reckon are the big bully dykes in the side? I reckon now that old lady Edwards is gone and the team is all fit and horny 20-somethings they'll probably bring back the initiation rituals. Bet Heather Knight's been abusing her captaincy privilege to shove some of the new girls faces into her bush. None of the English slags seem to have husbands like the boring aussie slags as well.
>>
>>68798897
daily reminder that Alex Fales scores at the same rate as Ed Cowan
>>
Who's this cunt posting about thugby yawngue on our cricket twitter?
>>
>you will never be a women cricketer
>bowling shitty pies
>hitting shitty pies on small boundaries
>getting to travel around the world for doing that
>getting famous people to notice you even though you're shit
>getting to routinely have saucy lesbian sex with your 6/10 teammates
>you don't actually have to worry about that being unprofessional because you're not a real professional
>a lot of this happens when you're only like 16

The dream lads.
>>
>>68798344
Okay just read dannys article

My first reaction is that he has broken his own autism records here, which is an achievement. But I think the fact he put this much time and effort into it is impressive

Just quietly, I think it is utterly hilarious that part of the reason he wrote this was to try and expose the Australians (especially Voges and Smith). I'd go as far as saying Voges' "no-ball" was likely the catalyst that gave daniel the idea to write this article. But infact no matter what method he uses, the Australians ALWAYS remain top of the averages. Kek. What's even better, he comprehensively BTFO's Kane. KEK. From now on when I am shitposting by calling Kane overrated, I will simply refer everyone to dannys article.

My main problem with the article is that the data is essentially produced by daniels subjective interpretation of the events. For instance, he has judged Voges' "no-ball" to be a "chance". I dispute this because in such an instance the batsman was at no fault and the "chance" was created by an external influence which was not part of the game, the umpire. I imagine this issue was quite re-occurring.
>>
>>68799663
He's included all no ball dismissals. I think it's fair, it's not out in a game's context but it is technically """out""" in terms of a batsman's ability, so should count towards the pseudo-average that considers runs per dismissal.
>>
>>68790804
>>68790854
>>68790906
Try again Nordic scum
>>
>>68782978
Just a fan dude nothing else.
There's no endgame.
>>
>>68799716
>think it's fair, it's not out in a game's context but it is technically """out""" in terms of a batsman's ability

I don't because it has exactly nothing to do with the batsmans ability. Voges left that ball because he heard the umpire scream "no-ball". What happened after that point had absolutely nothing to do with the batsmans ability.

it's the equivalent in Tennis of when say a linesman incorrectly calls a ball out on a serve when it is infact an ace. However, when it is challenged by the player and overturned, the server is only awarded a fresh first serve, not an ace because it is assumed that the linesman had an impact on the receiver.
>>
File: leave.webm (1012 KB, 612x296) Image search: [Google]
leave.webm
1012 KB, 612x296
>>68799663
>the batsman was at no fault
>left a ball that was straight
>no fault
>>
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/21/asia/australia-military-abuse/

Please explain this
>>
>>68799804
they dindu nuffin

>t. definitely not transferring to the ADF in a few months
>>
>>68799804
Just banter la'
>>
just downloaded the Sims 4 lads. Going to play as GOATges
>>
England's brave girls going well against the Islamic flowers of Pakistan.
>>
Newstart still hasn't been deposited into my account lads, bit worried I've been cut off
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.