[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The NBA is Rigged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: rigged.png (722 KB, 2140x1540) Image search: [Google]
rigged.png
722 KB, 2140x1540
Does anyone not think the league got exactly what it wanted?
>Maximum profit
>Lebron's legacy set
>Greatest comeback in finals history narrative
>Corporate sponsors all happy
It is too obvious at this point. Draymond Green should not have been suspended Game 5. The refs called games 5,6, and 7 unevenly in favor of Cleveland. They got Curry in foul trouble and allowed the Cavs to get physical with him so he could never find his rhythm. Same with Klay. Let us not forget the Warriors wouldn't have even been in the finals if the league didn't help them make their own 3-1 comeback against the Thunder.

I don't even like either team but it was painful to watch.
>>
>>68755355

Why exactly do you think Draymond shouldn't have been suspended?
>>
>>68755377
Lebron made him fall
Lebron walked over him
He didn't even make actual contact with Lebron's nuts
The only thing Lebron complained about was that Draymond said things that crossed the line, never mentioned getting hit
The flagrant was assessed retroactively the next day
>>
>>68755402

My bad, I keep forgetting that everyone here is retarded, carry on
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGUZmH6nYUI
>>
The NBA has been rigged since forever and you could have seen this coming from a mile away, especially since the tide of public opinion turned against the Warriors.
>>
>>68755355
The league didnt make the Warriors choke three games in a row.
>>
I always find these claims interesting, because the 'proof' is inevitably
>something happened that was beneficial for the NBA

Do you believe that there's some kind of curse that's supposed to prevent nice things from happening to the league? They make billions of dollars regardless of what happens.
>>
Anyone has the youtube vid of the most based Cavs fan

You know who Im talking about
>>
How exactly you rig that?
How do you make them fail when you want?
>>
>>68755402
>the flagrant was assessed retroactively the next day

I have a huge problem with this. You are telling me the NBA cannot use instant replay to fix a blown call IMMEDIATELY after it happens but they can decide to give Green a flagrant on Sunday for something that happened on Friday? I think its obvious that the NBA is rigged. I dont think they gave a shit either way who won the finals though. Both the Warriors and Cavs had good enough "storylines." Lebron was the guy fulfilling some promise and the Warriors were going to be the teamm with the greatest regular season record ever and winning the championship. The fall was equally as good. Up 3-1 and collapsing is just as good as another failed season for Lebron. They didnt care who won they just made sure it went 7.
>>
>>68755355
It was cool how the eastern conference got kneecapped in the name of giving Lebron a Cleveland title.
>>
>>68755355
>Draymond Green should not have been suspended Game 5

He backhanded LeBron in the nuts
>>
>>68755446
Yes you're retarded, but you're not everyone, anon.
>>
>>68755355
>listen to the radio on monday
>guys talking about the finals
>"This was the best thing for Lebron. You literally could not have written a better script for this"
>"I agree. This was like watching 2 weeks of the greatest drama ever written."

Lol yea great analogies. They know this shit is rigged too.
>>
>>68755738
Then why did they not give him the flagrant during the game?
>>
>>68755699
>they just made sure it went 7
Yea that's completely rigged, man.
>>
>>68755482
What???
>>
Here is my argument for why the NBA is definitely rigged. Can someone critique this for me? It goes like this:

1) There are certain outcomes that will benefit the NBA as an organization financially (this premise is not really up for dispute).

2) While outright rigging might be too obvious, there are ways to influence the outcome that would be imperceptible. Or, at the very least, with the combination of countless factors (e.g., even if some people think it's rigged, there will be countless voices that will shame them and call it ridiculous out of hand), it won't be something where the risk of discovery is too high. That risk is proportional to the overtness/directness of the rigging, and there is a conceivable amount which is there and affecting games, but still low enough to not incur a backlash.

3) The NBA is a purely capitalist entity for whom the bottom line is the only consideration.

If you accept these premises, then you have to accept that they are, in fact, rigging (or at least intentionally influencing) games.
>>
>>68755738
He also kicked Adams hard in the nuts in a much less understandable situation, and did not get a flagrant for that
>>
>>68755829
That's all just motive, but I do think it's rigged somewhat at least. At 3-1 in both the Warriors-thunder and cavs-warriors series they definitely decided to 'try' to make those series longer. I'm not sure they decided the losing team would win eventually, but they exerted some influence.
>>
>>68755890

>I'm a brain dead fucking moronic goy
>>
>>68755890
Its motive constrained by the fact that they are a purely capitalist entity.

That is, if there is a potential to make more money without repercussion, a purely capitalist entity will take that opportunity. because that is what capitalists entities do.
>>
>>68755829
>tell friends the NBA is most likely rigged
>all Lebron fans
>"come on man how can it be fixed? The players are trying their best. You think they are just missing shots on purpose? Thats stupid."

I dont know ehy they jump to that argument. Having players miss shots on purpose is the dumbest way to go about rigging games. The NBA has the most inconsistent foul calling ive ever seen. 2 quick foul calls in the first quarter on a key player is all you need to influence a game.
>>
>>68755890
I guess what I'm asking for is a "why not"

I mean, we have a tendency, I think, to reject the notion of rigging out of hand, in part because we don't like what that says about society and what that says about how gullible we are.

So what I"m asking for is the answer to:

Why wouldn't they do this? What is the overriding consideration that causes then NOT to rig games? Is it some sort of respect for the integrity of the game? If you think that, then you don't think the NBA is a purely capitalist entity.

I'm just wondering what is reason that people think this isn't happening.
>>
>>68755957
influencing and rigging

way different

nba is 100% not rigged
>>
>>68755890
Yea thats what i think. I dont really know if the NBA wanted any specific team to win but they wanted it to go 7. Lol you think Green would have been suspended if the Cavs were up 3-1? No way in hell. The NBA wouldnt of even achknowledged that Green did anything at all.
>>
>>68755937
Fuck off bernie
>>
>>68756006
No, they are only different insofar as you are defining them differently.

The semantics of that are largely irrelevant except as a distraction. That is, people saying the nba is rigged aren't necessarily saying that they are making Steph miss shots or Kyrie become unguardable. That is absurd. What they are saying is that the NBA wants a result, and they are taking steps to increase the likelihood of that result. They cannot ensure it 100% obviously.
>>
>>68756021
Exactly. Curry deserved to be suspended for throwing his mouthpiece at a fan that was mocking him. He got a $25,000 fine instead.
>>
>>68756006
Well whatever you want to call it. Bottom line is that the NBA went out of their way to help a certain team win. For that they can go fuck themselves. I like the sport and i think the players are great but im done with the NBA.
>>
>>68755957
The point is less the winners, more about extending the series
>>
>>68756046
no, rigging is guaranteeing an outcome, influencing is increasing chances of an outcome
>>
>>68756296
again, the semantics of this are largely irrelevant except as a distraction

call it whatever you like. people are simply saying that the nba is influencing games. maybe they dont' have the lexical dexterity to say what they mean, but when people are alleging that the nba is influencing games, and you dismiss them because they simply use the wrong word, you are only using semantics as a distraction
>>
>>68755355
Did you see Steph Curry in the last 3 minutes of that game? Because i didn't. He should be embarrassed of his play when the game was 89-89, definitely not mvp or even 6th man tier
>>
>>68756351
ok just for you, nbas rigging of games is a negligible, because players aren't in on it and ultimately that's what games come down to

you think they could get the sixers or nets to next seasons final if they wanted to? fuck no

do you think they can change the swing of a closely contested game absolutely, but this final series which stirred all the tinfoil faggots up was all blowouts until game 7, and there was no disgusting officiating during g7 to point to "rigging"

the only case that can be made is taking green out for a game, but they lost game 3 in a blowout with him

next you're going to say omg they capitalists they want game 7 for the moneyzz!!! why allow 4-0 in the finals at all if thats the case? the why is because their influence in the grand scheme of things is minute and only comes into play, if it exists at all, in very tightly contested games
>>
>>68755648
Refball mostly.
>>
>>68756698
Well no, Draymond being suspended for game 5 isn't negligible

And the fact remains that what he did to get that flagrant was CONSIDERABLE less bad than what he did to Steven Adams. The primary difference between the two is that it wouldn't have been in the NBA's interest to suspend him for that.

Putting Steph in foul trouble immediately in game 6 limits both his playing time and his aggression during the time he is able to play.

>why allow 4-0 in the finals at all if thats the case?
Strawman. I already said that they cannot dictate the outcome; they can only influence it

> in very tightly contested games
This is precisely the point. In games like this, the referees can make a huge difference, given what they are capable of causing and the extremely high level of both teams

>next you're going to say omg they capitalists they want game 7 for the moneyzz!!!
Your sarcasm is only demonstrating your inability to approach this with honesty and objectivity. You are afraid to be serious because you don't like the upshot in terms of what society is like and how gullible you are.

Again, all I've asked for is one thing: Why wouldnt' they influence games? What is the overriding consideration, in your opinion, that stops them from doing something to give themselves a greater chance at an outcome that will result in more money?
>>
>>68756959
>I already said that they cannot dictate the outcome
so not rigged, exactly
>>
>>68756985
Again you flee to your semantics

Why are you so afraid of addressing the possibility that they are intentionally influencing the outcome?
>>
>>68756985
Can you provide any explanation for the discrepancy between what happened with Green and Adams in the semis and what happened with Green and Lebron in the finals?

Keep in mind that they did not make these calls on the floor; they were able to review them after the fact. In both instances, after reviewing, the refs came out with an outcome that the public as a whole saw as being the opposite of what pure rule following would dictate.

How can they see it so differently from the rest of us?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.