[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you good at playing a sport, /sp/? I qualified for the national
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: 1461705570115.jpg (85 KB, 700x988) Image search: [Google]
1461705570115.jpg
85 KB, 700x988
Are you good at playing a sport, /sp/?

I qualified for the national U-18 football team selections back when I was young but had to withdraw because I decided to finish my Biology degree instead. I regret it a little bit desu but I know this was the right decision.
>>
>>68745341
I used to play as a Goalkeeper. Have to say, i wasn't half bad but then i had an injury and never fully recovered. So yeah, life sucks.
>>
I played baseball and footy.
I was okay for high school level but never had the makings of a varsity athlete.
>>
>>68745442
>i had an injury and never fully recovered
What happened?
>>68745476
Can understand. Larger countries have higher competitiveness. I started football when I was like 4 and never really felt the pressure of rivalry. Not because I was particularly good, but because very few here train aiming to become pro. IIRC baseball in the US is competitive starting very early (Little League and whatnot). Don't know about football there.
>>
Played high school basketball jv and varsity. Twas a bench player both times. Fun times though.
>>
File: pls.jpg (36 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
pls.jpg
36 KB, 278x278
>>
File: AFHU4296.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AFHU4296.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
I played winger in soccer during HS then my vision got worse
>>
i played soccer for my childhood from 8 years old until 14. wasnt great but was decent. then at 14 everyone went through puberty and got bigger stronger and faster than me and i was basically worthless

now ive just been refereeing soccer for 10 years lol
>>
used to play linebacker in high school, got a few scholarships to continue playing in college (only 1 D1 school). I played for a season at a D2 school and then quit to focus on my education.
>>
I started at free safety for three years in high school and got time at running back, reciever and wildcat back.

I was district newcomer of the year my sophomore year, 1st-team district both junior and senior year and 2nd-team all state my senior year.

I walked on at Texas Tech but I flunked out.
>>
No I played soccer at sucked ass I could just kick the ball really hard and I was tall so I played cb. Also i played basketball one year and scored 12 points in 8 games
>>
File: 1030304.png (13 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1030304.png
13 KB, 100x100
>>68745690
>>68746379
Oh sorry for the delayed response.

I was playing an interscholastic tournament at the age of 15, our school made up to the Semi-finals and we were very excited because our school was rather small compared to the others.
I mean, now that i think about it...It wasn't such of a big deal, but back then for me was like playing the fucking UCL.

Three days after the match our team was training and then...It happend.
I dived at full stretch trying to catch a ball and hurt my back badly on the fall.

I'm feeling a lot better now that i'm 22, but i had to say goodbye to my dream to become a professional.
>>
File: 324.jpg (106 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
324.jpg
106 KB, 601x601
>tfw Exploding Knees

JUST FUCKING KILL ME
>>
I suck ass at everything in life, even at sucking ass.
>>
I played NCAA soccer for Cal with David Bingham who now plays for the San Jose Earthquakes in MLS
>>
>>68747841
Oh and I went to an Ultimate Frisbee tournament with a friend and shat on everybody.

He literally said "Hey man, wanna come to an ultimate tourny and be my ringer? I'll buy you dinner and a drink."
>>
Lmao played olb in football and got 1 sack it was pretty elite
>>
I was offered a walkon spot to play D1 soccer but turned it down to focus on academics.
I fucking regret it
>>
File: Phil Collins.jpg (114 KB, 408x320) Image search: [Google]
Phil Collins.jpg
114 KB, 408x320
>>68745476
this guy gets it

>>68745341
I played basketball in high school. I could shoot and had some handles, but weightlifting took out every bit of muscle memory I had from those times. Now I'm just a fat fuck who can't get past anyone who has to chuck like Curry.
>>
Freaky foot injury in my late teens made me quit kickboxing with a 2-1 amateur record. Meh
>>
I was goat at little league. was recruited for the travel teams and shit. Too much money for the parents though so I didn't do it.

I topped at 5 foot nothing until the summer before college, so I was just an ok high school player, not really varsity level. rode the bench on the varsity baseball team and my positions were taken by a sophomore, so I quit before senior year.

Same story in soccer, played JV all three years up to my junior year and then got cut from varsity my senior year, I just did not get any better after I turned like 12 and stopped growing.

at least I'm 5'8 now
>>
>>68749146
I know your pain.

I'm this guy >>68747841 and could only get D2 offers because of my height.

5'6" sucks...
>>
>>68745341
Played county rugby in sixth form
Quit when I realised I wasn't gay
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.