[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if the giants lose the world series this year will the bay area
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1pnZUii.jpg (78 KB, 800x728) Image search: [Google]
1pnZUii.jpg
78 KB, 800x728
if the giants lose the world series this year will the bay area set some kind of record?

my googlefu failed to bring up a list of places that have multiple championship loses in a single year, and the closest i can come up with off the top of my head is the bills run in the 90s.
>>
the bills were one team though with the same coach and the same QB for all four Super Bowl appearances. i doubt anything will ever come close to that level of chokeage.
>>
File: chrysippus.jpg (35 KB, 229x343) Image search: [Google]
chrysippus.jpg
35 KB, 229x343
>>68743504
mfw they lose to Cleveland
>>
yeah, it's not exactly comparable, but it's all i could think of.

does anyone know of any other city/region losing multiple sports championships in the same year/season?
>>
Celtics lost the 1985 Finals and the Patriots lost the following Super Bowl (in early 1986). Patriots lost the 2012 Super Bowl (For the 2011-2012 season) and the Bruins lost the 2012-2013 Stanley Cup. Celtics lost in the 2012 ECF.
>>
Niners would have to also lose the Owl

Niners ain't even making the playoffs next season
>>
>>68743990
thanks boston anon.

>>68744015
yeah, niners are out of the equation. that's why left them out of the op.
>>
>>68743712
>>68743990
Red Sox also lost the 1967 world series in October, and and Celtics lost the 1968 Finals the following spring.
>>
>>68744064
The Raiders are a contender though?
>>
>>68744480
>raiders
>>
>>68744480
more so than the niners. but they'd be a hell of a dark horse.
>>
>>68744480
Raiders are an LA team
>>
69 Orioles lost the world series to the Mets.
68-69 Colts lost to the Jets in the Super Bowl.
71 Orioles lost to the pirates in the world series.
71 Bullets lost to the Bucks.
72 Clippers (AHL team) lost the final.
>>
>>68743555
thank god spee didnt exist
>>
San Jose and Oakland are two completely different cities. Nice try.
>>
>>68745492
>bay area

but nice reading comprehension there, maple nigger
>>
Not at the same level but close, but the '94-'95 Pacers lost the east final, and the Colts then lost in the AFC championship.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.