[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did Slovakia park the bus all game knowing that they NEEDED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: mfw.jpg (36 KB, 448x335) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
36 KB, 448x335
why did Slovakia park the bus all game knowing that they NEEDED to beat England to advance through? I don't understand why teams do this.

I could see this being reasonable if they just wanted a draw and need a point to get through.

But I doubt even then that they will advance as as a top 4 3rd place team.
>>
>>68743092
>But I doubt even then that they will advance as as a top 4 3rd place team.
They will on 4 points with their GD
>>
Gay sport
>>
They will advance
>>
maybe they wanted to lose

they know they could never beat the Welsh if they met further on down
>>
They will advance only to get BTFO by Spain
>>
You can thank Platini and his hairbrained "Top 4 third place teams go through" idea.

There would have been some jeopardy for both teams if it were only the top 2 that went through. As it was, neither side really wanted to go gung ho as a draw could satisfy both of them.
>>
Because they were counting on Wales blasting Russia and Slovakia advancing from the 3rd spot. The 3 teams qualifying is a retarded system but don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Also it was smart because England would murder them with those pacy negroes.
>>
File: Best thirds.png (17 KB, 801x252) Image search: [Google]
Best thirds.png
17 KB, 801x252
Tell me which three teams are going to surpass them in the 'best third mini-league'?
>>
>>68743092
they are basically in
>>
They'll be thinking now if they can hold England they can hold Spain too
>>
>>68743438
They already beat Spain in the quals. Beaten them again is improbable but not impossible if they go full Greece.
>>
>>68743475
>Spain quaking in their boots
>>
>>68743475
they wouldn't have home advantage though
also we beat them in the second match here
>>
>>68743515
beated*
>>
>>68743547
You were right the first time
>>
>>68743576
thanks
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.