[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can we firmly say the new 24 team format has been a failed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
So can we firmly say the new 24 team format has been a failed experiment and we should revert back to 16 teams for Euro 2012?

24 teams just encourages teams to do nothing but defend. Tonight for example, Slovakia would have had to win to get through and would have had to attack.

Neutrals don't wanna see that shite. It's counter productive to the tournament.
>>
>>68740585
Euro 2020*
>>
just make it 32 teams already
>>
I agree, also the football level is low because there are too many shitty teams...go back to the 16 format after euro20
>>
The powers that be only care about maximising the benefits, actually improving the quality of the product is not important for them.
>>
>>68740748
>>68740653
>>68740647

Doesn't matter

UEFA get more money from TV rights now that more games are being played
>>
>>68740647
honestly that'd be better. even with matches like kazakhstan vs israel
>>
>>68740791
they must know that people are fucking bored of it tho
>>
>>68740585

there shouldn't be a round of 16 - instead top 6 teams of each group + 2 highest placed runners-up should advance

if you finish 3rd - you're out

24 teams in group stage is okay
>>
>>68740585
Say thanks to Platinì and Murdock
>>
>>68740647

This would be more logical - 8 groups of 4 with the top 2 qualifying for R16. As they said, more teams means more matches, which means more money.
>>
I like this euro most. I get to see and root for teams I never thought rooting for, like iceland and hungary. It's time to stop.
>>
>>68742093
see >>68741977

it's not needed as long as round of 16 is gone
>>
>>68740812
>israel
>euro

hmmm, i wonder who could be behind this post
>>
File: no-trespassing.png (127 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
no-trespassing.png
127 KB, 490x490
>>68740647
>just make it 32 teams already
Make it 64 and include all of Africa (which is basically EU territory anyways).
>>
>>68743203
israel plays in uefa mong
>>
>>68743203
idiot
>>
>>68740585
Have 20 teams with 4 groups of 5 teams each. top 2 of each of the 4 groups goes through to QFs
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.