[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is LeBron free to leave Cleveland now? Or is he stuck there forever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1466231541638.gif (360 KB, 399x219) Image search: [Google]
1466231541638.gif
360 KB, 399x219
Is LeBron free to leave Cleveland now? Or is he stuck there forever struggling to win a championship and maybe winning of the rest of his team shows up? Does he go back to Miami and bring in Carmelo?
>>
Man, you know it's all about going back-to-back for da land.
>>
File: 1466125970862.jpg (46 KB, 600x687) Image search: [Google]
1466125970862.jpg
46 KB, 600x687
real question is who does he bring into Cleveland to replace Love
>>
>>68737861
He only promised a championship. Now I think he's actually gonna try to collect more rings than Jordan.
>>
The city would be sad to see him go, but they'd accept it this time.

Honestly though, he has a family, and I think he's looking to settle down. I think it's entirely possible he sticks around and Cleveland wins more than one championship.

Love is still playing subpar (I think his concussion threw him off quite a bit) and Kyrie has much more untapped potential that he can develop.

Plus, now that LeBron doesn't have the insane pressure of carrying the whole fucking city on his back to win a ring, I think he'll play better, as he won't be worried about fucking up
>>
>>68738296

This, there's almost no chance Lebron leaves now that he's cemented his legacy.
>>
>>68738462
he said he wants to play together on a team with Melo, Wade, and Chris Paul
>>
There's no way he stays in Cleveland. He fulfilled his obligation to his hometown and now he has a score to settle with everyone saying he isn't the greatest. He only way he can do that is by going to a real team. Even Jordan had Pippin and eventually Rodman. LeBron needs a team that's actually going to help him do this.

Either he leaves or he gets legitimate GM control of the Cavs and brings in others.
>>
>>68738011
Can't see him winning 3 more rings at this point. He might be able to win 2 more if he's lucky.
>>
>>68739682
He can easily get more than 3 with another team
>>
File: 1436139325902s.jpg (3 KB, 123x125) Image search: [Google]
1436139325902s.jpg
3 KB, 123x125
>>68739178
>>68738296
I like basketball. But I don't know how powerful the franchises are,can you explain it ?

I thought the draft systems prevent winning teams from becoming to dominant.And get playes out of theier contract,just bombed with huge amounts of money that has no limit.
Or do they switch because of the other team is playerwise better?Like "building a dynasty".
Also who is franchise with most money and is Cleaveland poor compared to that?
>>
>>68739874

Nah, he's finished. Maybe he can ride the bench for a young team and get lucky with 1 more.
>>
>>68739912
Players can leave bad teams and take pay cuts to play with good teams like LeBron did when he originally joined the Heat.
>>
>Does he go back to Miami and bring in Carmelo?

Somebody make a gofundme for this.
>>
>>68739912
The draft system gives the worst team the best draft picks, obviously, but the initial contracts don't last into the players' primes, letting them jump ship to greener pastures and create super teams.

Also because in basketball one player can have such a huge return and only earn a limited amount of money, the salary cap means that per dollar you are getting 10X the amount of return from your lebrons and durants than from your tristan thompsons and dwights.
>>
>>68739912
The draft system certainly helps, and the salary cap is a HUGE factor in keeping teams from being too unbalanced (except for when the stars agree on salary cuts for stacking the team like the 10-13 Heat).

The salary cap keeps stars from bouncing around, in my opinion.

Cleveland has plenty of money now I think, Gilbert is pretty rich with Quicken as it is, and the championship money will keep them going
>>
Is there any chance Wade will come to Cleveland lol?
>>
LeBron is leaving. He owes Cleveland nothing at this point and he's not a slave for the fanbase. He deserves to chase more rings with a team that's actually going to help him.
>>
>>68740100
>>68740234
>>68740304
>only earn a limited amount of money, the salary cap
So,is the salary for the whole team ? Let's say you can have 200mil and have to spent it on all players.Rather than just having have a cap for every single player(everyone gets 20mill max)?
I guess the first one.
>>
>>68737775
I want to see Lebron go to OKC with Durant and Westbrook.
>>
>>68741901
You're an actual retard if you think he's going anywhere. He said he wants to finish his career in Cleveland.
>>
>>68737984

Steven Adams.
>>
hes staying but he shouldnt be player-GM-coach.
yeah he got it this season but he could have had a couple more rings in miami and even cleveland if he let actual proffesionals make the important decisions
>>
>>68743498
>Greece talking about someone being bad at making financial decisions
>>
>>68743951
kinda forced banter there tbhfamalayan
>>
I thought he was signing these one year deals to wait for the cap raise so he can sign a massive deal with the Cavs? Plus he just won a ring with this team and it's not like there's anyone in the east that can challenge him.
>>
File: JRSmith-copy-copy.png (390 KB, 1500x1553) Image search: [Google]
JRSmith-copy-copy.png
390 KB, 1500x1553
>>68737984
I'm sure the Knicks would easily trade Melo to the cavs ala the Shump/JR trade. Melo for Kevin Love and a half eaten hoagie.

Phil can continue his white basketball player heavy rotation with an autistic like focus on basic geometry for some reason like it's 1996 or something.
>>
>>68737775
Cleveland here no joke if he did he wouldn't leave the city alive.
Ever since he left last time everyone has been super paranoid about him leaving again.
>>
Please tell me LeGod isn't leaving, you're ruining the hip for me because I'm just worried he's gonna leave ;_;
>>
>>68744288
I don't think LeBron is going anywhere. He's going to pull a Jordan and play for a third rate team for the dough. LeBron may play for few more seasons. He can retire at any point right now and his legacy is fine though.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.