[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SERIOUS IDEAS for how to improve soccer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 11
File: 1463549118070.jpg (43 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
1463549118070.jpg
43 KB, 720x600
inb4 multiball, we all know it sounds fun but this thread is for thoughtful ideas instead that you really think will help.

Here's some ideas, pick whatever ones you like and suggest your own. These ones don't all need to be used together.
>0-0 ties give both teams 0 points
>ties between club teams give the away team 2 points instead of 1, unless it's in a neutral venue
>penalty kicks should be moved back far enough to usually give the keeper time to react, that way it's more of a contest of skill and strategy than luck
>if a defending player kicks the ball out of his own side's goal line, the corner is taken from the spot it went out, unless it went out inside the penalty area. in that case it's placed at the intersection of the goal line and the penalty box area on that side.
>there is no offside call on the inbound kick from a corner, it goes back to normal afterwards
>there is no offside call from passes in the penalty box to another player in the penalty box if the defense has 2 players inside the box, goalkeeper included.
>there is no offside call when the pass is made by a player that is already past every defender but the goalkeeper
>players can legally use their arms to push each other and make room when going up for headers or on set pieces. elbow and shoulder blows don't count as shoving though, and shirt tugging is the same as usual too.
>>
>if a defending player kicks the ball out of his own side's goal line, the corner is taken from the spot it went out

This topic/that flag
>>
>>68734574
>spain hates change
That's kind of funny considering that Spain is so poor that it practically lives off of spare change.
>>
instead of the game ending in a tie, why don't they just keep playing until someone scores?
>>
Why do penalty shootouts need to be 5v5 anyways? Is that one of those useless relics of the past things? They should just be sudden death desu
>>
no goalies
>>
Extra time is painful and tiresome, too many players would get injured if they had to do it at each draw.There are no timeouts in football, no commercial breaks...
And yes they act like faggots whenever someone touch them, but running during 90+minutes is legit exhausting, and yuo got only 3 subs, not unllimited ones.
>>
0-0 should be decided by penalty shootout with 5 fans who've won an online Coca Cola contest.
>>
>there is no offside call on the inbound kick from a corner, it goes back to normal afterwards

You do know it's impossible to be offside from a corner?
>>
the only thing footy needs is the "challenge" rule from American football where they use footage to confirm shit. Diving would be gone in a year.
>>
>>68739844
This.
Also a stop clock rule when action has stopped. Extra time is bullshit.
>>
>>68739844
But diving is sexy, imagine all the drama gone
>inb4 no era penal
>inb4 butthurt 4 ever & ever
>>
>>68739929
That would be tricky, a team could purposely drag out time during the challenge to rest players,
>>
>>68740088
you wouldn't have unlimited challenge and at least they don't drag out during actual play time
>>
>>68739844
the thing is that in the NFL, they discourage overuse of challenges by limiting coaches to 2 challenges per game. if their challenge fails they are penalized by having one of their timeouts taken away, which are valuable in our sport and very limited in supply. I don't know how you could build in a way to counterbalance that in soccer so that it doesn't become just another way to create artificial stoppages.
>>
each manger should have a red flag like in the NFL for at least one challenge of a call made by the refs I'll see this being used more reviews of hand balls and penalty fouls
>>
>>68734283
>>there is no offside call from passes in the penalty box to another player in the penalty box if the defense has 2 players inside the box, goalkeeper included.
I like this one, that way if it's a big group in the box and it keeps getting knocked around like pinball, then it's all fair game and won't end with an offside call.
>>
Ban all americans from discussing the sport

There. Fixed.
>>
>>68734283
Double the size of the goal.
>>
>>68734283
>>penalty kicks should be moved back far enough to usually give the keeper time to react, that way it's more of a contest of skill and strategy than luck
Most of the post is pure trash, but I like this idea.
>>
>>68739803
Kek I like this.
>>
>>68740644
I like it. Put the goalies on stilts too.
>>
File: 1447969029135.png (1 MB, 498x1373) Image search: [Google]
1447969029135.png
1 MB, 498x1373
>>68739803
Triggered
>>
>>68734283
Thee Yellow cards in stead of 2 for red card.
>>
>>68734283
>0-0 tie = one month suspension for the entire team
>you cannot forfeit, you have to find other people to play while they are suspended
>must also let your wives see other men for the duration of that month
>>
>>68734283
The loser team has to be sacrificed
>>
>>68739616
csgo players
>>
>>68740199
>I don't know how you could build in a way to counterbalance that in soccer so that it doesn't become just another way to create artificial stoppages.

Make each half 30 minutes but effective time. This whole wasting time by pretending to be injured is bullshit and needs to fuck off too.
>>
File: 1451940891203.jpg (379 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1451940891203.jpg
379 KB, 1111x597
>>68740978
>0-0 tie = one month suspension for the entire team

my sides
>>
implement orange cards. no wait, hear me out.

the idea of handing out yellows is supposed to be like an official warning right, so that the ref can keep the game under control and you have to take the ref seriously. in practice though, it doesn't always work that way. you have up to 14 players a side per game who can receive a yellow before any additional yellows can result in a red. this means players can still be far rougher than necessary, they just change up who gives the hard tackles or whatever. the only way for the ref to combat this is to give harsher cards than usual in order to set a tone, but the fouling team can still control to a degree who gets those cards if they try, since the ref has to card the guy who committed the foul.

so instead, set a team limit on yellows before the orange is brought out. the orange card would come into play if that limit is hit OR if a red card is issued before that limit. I dunno how many the limit would be set at, that'd be something to figure out for game balance. but let's say it's 3.

so after the third yellow has been issued to players from the same team, the next yellow to anyone on that team will result in an orange card. they are issued in the same way and for the same reasons as a yellow card would, but the player receiving it is ejected from the game as a result. however unlike a red card, they would be able to substitute that player if they have any left, and they would not be banned from the next match because it would "count" as a yellow.

that way the ref can send a message to the teams that they've crossed the line now. they didn't listen when he gave out just yellows, so now any fouls that would normally be yellows will get you kicked out of the game even if you didn't have a card yet. if they don't want that to happen, then the whole team has a responsibility to not let it get to that point.
>>
>>68739252
They play for an extra 30 minutes in the knockout stages, if no goals then it goes to penalties until somebody wins

This stage is always the most boring since games can end in a draw
>>
>>68739252
>it can become an endurance match and fuck both teams on the next match

>because the first goal declares the victor, teams HAVE to play defensive (avoid losing), which goes counter to finishing thegame as quick as possible and makes endurance matches more likely
>>
File: 123465435.png (937 KB, 1279x720) Image search: [Google]
123465435.png
937 KB, 1279x720
Guys, guys listen.

Why don't we just take the game as it is but play for like 4 hours.
>>
>>68740553
literally the only fix the perfect sport that is football needs
>>
File: 1453427877975.gif (454 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1453427877975.gif
454 KB, 500x500
>>68741409
>posting the monkey girl
Well shit, I was gonna object but it's impossible to disagree with best monogatari.
>>
Dammit America, can't you just accept that ties are accepted in football? We use a different point system in our leagues, aborting the ties it's dumb because there are no Playoff in football.
>>
>>68740199
easy, any challenge that doesnt have to stop the game (null goal, allow a goal, declare a card, penalty) is done automatically by referees (hire 3 more to control the feed), the game doesn't stop, new stuff is awarded when there is any stoppage, the tv feed shows a replay of the foul/goal/whatever to show why the new referee ruling. Any challenge that has to be done on the spot (no idea which one should) uses the single 1 challenge the coach gets and it is only refunded if the challenge passes.
>>
>>68741559
>Dammit America, can't you just accept that ties are accepted in football?
honestly no, we can't. the very idea of two teams coming out equal intrinsically goes against everything we associate with competitive sports.

two teams go in to decide which one is better.
one team wins, the other loses.
and so, on that day the winning team was better.

having a tie ruins the competitive notion of it, because nobody is declared the winner and thus the better team. to most american fans, that makes the whole idea of sports completely pointless. may as well not have even played the game in the first place.
>>
File: James vain nauroi.png (206 KB, 344x346) Image search: [Google]
James vain nauroi.png
206 KB, 344x346
>>68741496
>perfect sport
>>
goals inside the box = 2 points
goals outside the box = 3 points
penalty goals = 1 point (you're gifted two penalty attempts for each call)
>>
>>68734283
Goalie is allowed to check people in his crease.
>>
>>68734283
>Another "Septics want to change a sport so they can enjoy it" thread
>>
>>68741756
>that makes the whole idea of sports completely pointless. may as well not have even played the game in the first place.

areyounotentertained.jpg
>>
>>68741879
They're never going to go away as long as soccer isn't given its own containment board. /sp/ is american /sp/, so you if you post soccer here then you have to deal with americans talking about it how americans do, too.
>>
>American flag with opinions
>soccer
>>
MUL
>>
>>68742061
TI
>>
>>68741873
In hockey we have an embellishment call. Soccer/Football NEEDS this.
>>
>>68741921
I can personally get over it because I was exposed to it young enough, but it's still a foreign concept to most people here. it's very easy to mock soccer here, all you have to do is call it gay, bring up ties, say how it's just 90 minutes of jogging and that's exercise not a sport, or call everyone pansy-ass manlets because they flop. do any of those, and most people will agree with you. you don't even need to get into the parts about no playoffs, no draft, no salary cap, promotion/relegation, or series that aren't in odd numbers. the fact that there can be ties is seen as far more egregious a fault, and a self-evidently irredeemable one at that.
>>
>>68741849
>subtle basketball reference
I like it
>>
>>68742169
>>subtle basketball reference
What, because he's brazilian? It wasn't that clever.
>>
>>68741849
end to end goals? auto win?
>>
fuck all the "FC" and "united" shite
>>
>>68741756
I get why Americans don't like draws, its because your leagues aren't really leagues, they are knockout competitions in which draws are meaningless.
>>
>>68741756

> World Cup 82.
> France - W. Germany 3-3
> West Germany wins in the penalties
> Considered one of the best matches all-time

Better not be played because ended with a tie?

It's not that all the ties are 0-0 dude
>>
>>68734283
just a couple ideas.
first they need to stop pretending it's still the 19th century: we got cameras, we got instant replays, we can actually stop-restart the clock, fucking put this technology to use, get the calls right, do away with this bullshit arbitrary injury time.
also because it's so old fashioned the game is ridiculously defensive minded, they need to find a way to make scoring more common. the fact that scoring once and parking the bus is the winning strategy is just stupid.
then to get rid of the flopping, thanks to instant replay we can identify simulator and warrant them an automatic yellow card plus additional fine after the game. since now we actually stop the clock players have no reason to roll on the ground in an attempt to waste time
>>
>>68742301
they aren't leagues in the same sense as what you call leagues, but they're still very much leagues, especially baseball, basketball, and hockey. that's actually kind of amusing considering that the NFL's format is similar to that of the World Cup. you have 8 divisions of 4 teams each, and they send teams to the single-elimination playoffs. in that sense, the Euro and Copa America are just the same idea as our american football league, only smaller.
>>
Fucking Britons why you let such a bastard son to be procreated as America? You shame Europe
>>
>>68742344
it's not me you need to justify it to, dude

on a side observation, you guys are just as touchy about us suggesting there shouldn't be ties as we are about the idea of having them.
>>
Chainsaws.

They get paid enough, make it a death sport.
>>
Eliminate horseshit tiebreakers like Penalty Kicks and "Away Goals" and play the game out, except with additional substiutions allowed for each additional overtime period. Breaks every 15 minutes in extra time too.

Automatic review of any play that results in a sending-off, and more suspensions for diving.
>>
>>68742230
there is a team in Manchester, England whose name is FC United. just thought you should know.
>>
>>68742681
>eliminate Away Goals
please
>>
>>68741128
Actually, in the Ball Game the sacrificed one was the winner team
>>
>>68739803
I actually laughted with this . Thanks America
>>
>>68739803
Top notch shitpost, lad
>>
>>68742681
>>68742747
funny enough, football, baseball, and basketball all have ways to score that immediately reverse who's winning or not, but as far as I know soccer doesn't EXCEPT in the case of Away Goals. usually, you'd need 2 goals to do that since the losing team turning into the winning team would have to pass through being tied, too. kind of like hockey, but there's enough scoring in hockey to make up for it.
>>
>>68742915
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68734283

>all this crap because the euroshit meme cup
>>
File: 1433476764890.jpg (38 KB, 395x368) Image search: [Google]
1433476764890.jpg
38 KB, 395x368
>>68741756

>it's a retarded tripfaggot speaks for all america episode
>>
>>68743114
I don't have to, america is loud enough to speak for itself. it's not like that was even my opinion on tying anyways.
>>
>>68734283
Field reduced to 50 meters length
Only 5 players plus goalie
No offside
Unlimited subs
>>
You only get 3 guys to use as substitutes, but once you've picked one of your guys to sub on he can be subbed on/off as much as you like.
>>
Yes bring back the NASL shootouts

Or even better, a 2 on 2
>>
>>68742772
No wonder mexicans don't want to win
>>
Rule that will work:

If you see an American at a soccer match, regardless of what role they play (fan, official, player, etc.), their life is forfeit and you can shoot them.

This rule also extends to Americans who mention soccer.

Problem solved.
>>
Unlimited subbing, but only every 15 minutes. Also, players can sub back in

That'll add a lot of energy and increase the speed of the game

Also, like Italy said, stop the clock so faggots don't take injuries
>>
2 pt line
>>
>make it 7v7
>make the field way smaller but keep the same ratio of player:meter^2
>headers are not allowed
>redo the handball rule (make it based on intention instead of DUDE IT GRAZED HIS HAND LMAO)
>have timeouts
>infinite substitutions
>an actual clock that stops when the ball is not in play
>a foul system similar to basketball
>no "foul inside penalty box is automatically a penalty kick," replace that with a simple free kick unless the player was tackled from behind or something
>60 minute games with two halves
>ties are decided like in hockey with a golden goal
>instant replay used by officials
>fines given for diving, like in the NBA

I would also experiment with the net size so that a game averages 5-6 goals instead of the 1-2 goals right now. So yeah all that would make soccer much more entertaining.
>>
>Stop the clock when the ball isn't in play
>End the game at exactly 90 minutes. Stoppage time is stupid.
>Allow instant replay and the ability to correct bad calls
>Treat OT kind of like hockey
>Every tie goes to OT
>Two 15 minute OT halves and it goes to PKs if still tied after that
>You still get a point in the standings if you make it to OT and lose

Boom. It's fixed.
>>
>>68734283

My list of how to fix soccer:

1. Make the field slightly smaller and shorter so that teams spend more time in the goal areas at either end of the field.

2. Allow teams to make unlimited substitutions the way that they do in hockey. Fresh players would keep the intensity level of games incredibly high wire to wire.

3. Do not allow any contest to end in a tie. If there is a tie at the end of regulation, play a short overtime period (5-10 mins), followed by a shootout.

4. Review all goals, allow refs to review calls at their own discretion.
>>
>>68742344

A game that is decided by a shootout is not a tie. We don't complain about it in hockey.
>>
>>68741756
Please do not speak for all of us
>>
>>68747767
The whole time thing is really inconsequential either way, the lost time is made up for one way or another
>>
>>68741255
i-i-i-i-i-i-i actually- actually-- i mean- i actually- kinda- more or less-- want to-- i don´t know-- maybe even test this?
>>
>>68749940
Stoppage time definitely doesn't make up for the stoppages though. It'd be much higher on average if it was (The ball is usually in play for about 65-70 minutes instead of 90). If they want the running clock it should at least be transparent. Have a ticker displayed somewhere counting up the time when the ball isn't in play. Then set that as the stoppage time. Don't just leave it up to the ref to say, "Eh, fuck it. 3 minutes sounds good"
>>
>>68734283
>0-0 ties give both teams 0 points
>ties between club teams give the away team 2 points instead of 1, unless it's in a neutral venue
>penalty kicks should be moved back far enough to usually give the keeper time to react, that way it's more of a contest of skill and strategy than luck
>if a defending player kicks the ball out of his own side's goal line, the corner is taken from the spot it went out, unless it went out inside the penalty area. in that case it's placed at the intersection of the goal line and the penalty box area on that side.

All the above are reasonable.

This only limits defending strategies and positioning, so no.

>there is no offside call from passes in the penalty box to another player in the penalty box if the defense has 2 players inside the box, goalkeeper included.
>there is no offside call when the pass is made by a player that is already past every defender but the goalkeeper

Over complicating, doesn't add much to the game. In fact it will make the game all about long passes into a lonely guy next to the opponent's goal.

>players can legally use their arms to push each other and make room when going up for headers or on set pieces. elbow and shoulder blows don't count as shoving though, and shirt tugging is the same as usual too.

I can see this being a thing, but I don't see how it would add anything.
>>
How embarrassing, yurop.

1. eliminate the current offside rule
2. use a dedicated offside line like in hockey
3. Going backwards across the half field line is a free kick for the other team
4. penalties at the end of stoppage time for regular games
5. Diving is a red card
6. Repeat diving offenders get escalating suspensions
7. Salary cap
8. Do away with those hideous walking billboard jerseys
9. America starting to care about soccer
9001. Keep things the way they are
9002. Clean up the racism plaguing the sport
9003. English success in the World Cup (not likely)

Thoughts?
>>
>>68740900
We already did that in 2006
>>
>>68750307
The offside rule wouldn't work in soccer because it's impossible for there to be a dump and chase in soccer. The current offside rule is fine the way it is now.
>>
>>68748228
Having shootout after every league match ending with tie would drastically increase the luck factor. Also shitty teams would just park the bus and hope in penalty shootout every time.
>>
>>68750413
>that flag, not even surprised
>>
>>68750413

TRIGGERED
>>
>>68750593
Yeah!
Based Joe ZDS Šimunić
>>
From my point of view - every idea proposed in this thread would have negative impact in the end if you think about all consequences and how would gameplay really change, even if it sounds clever at first sight.
Maybe what could make matches more interesting would be really just widening the goals, even about 1 meter or so. Also penalties from bigger distance then.
>>
>>68750569
Well then the good teams should learn how to score.
>>
>>68750698
If you've just seen few matches of this Euro you can see sometimes it can be very hard when one of teams decides only to defend. Having penalty area packed with 10 players makes any ball difficult to go through. That's why I thought rules are fine and >>68750686 could help.
>>
>>68750686
How would infinite subs ruin the game?
>>
I was thinking about taking that rule from rugby
>If you take a yellow card you're out for 10min.
But the amount of refball is so hard in football that without a challenge rule it would rig games even more
>>
>>68750777
If it's so effective, why doesn't every team do it when they go up 1-0? And if they do, then what's the difference?
>>
>>68750799
How would it help? Yea fresh players all the time and faster pace, but on the both sides. On the other hand game paused even more often than it already is. Also whole concept of clubs and team setups would change and I am afraid not in positive way. Maybe increasing the number of substitues allowed would help, but not to the point you can replace whole squad there.
>>
>>68741756
Then why do ties actually exist in NFL during season (rare but happens) ?
>>
>>68743435
Better watch futsal then
>>
>>68750837
Lot of teams does, mainly the weak ones. Also it is not 100% effective and good pressing can be better defend than bus parking, but the weaker ones simply cannot do it other way.
Also it is hard to explain but it makes the difference, team plays differently when 0-0 and 0-1, it has much to do with motivation and team psychology. Sometimes the best thing that can happen for the match is when outsiders scores a surprise goal at the beggining.
>>
>>68734283
I haven't read all of >that wall of text, but no offense, a lot seems extremely arbitrary and bad.

I think soccer should learn from hockey:
1. OT (for matches that have OT) is 8v8 or something like that. No Pks to decide a match. That shit is retarded, and actual purists should agree.
2. Any foul committed requires the committee to live the pitch for 3 or 4 minutes. This would greatly cut down on those petty fouls that kill counter attacks but don't get booked. Really annoying when that happens, and players want to play. Telling a player he can't play is devastating to him, more than fines or anything like that.
2 is just a thought, but I'm quite adamant about 1. Pks are fucking stupid.

Beyond that I guess a way to decrease 0-0 results should be considered. 0 points for 0-0 I don't like, though. .5 points for 0-0 would be much better (obviously, everything should be multiplied by 2: 6 win, 2 scoring draw, 1 no score draw, 0 loss) because saying a net goals in a game of 0 is no better than a net goals of -1 is ducking retarded, no matter how defensively the team played.
>>
literally the only decent scene from that forsaken movie
>>
>>68750837
That's what all teams do in Ligue 1 and it's the most boring league in the world.
>>
>>68734283
Multiball
>>
>>68734283
soccer? you meant football right?
>>
>>68739252
That, my friend, is called: "Igra se dok Partizan ne zabije".
>>
4th sub allowed during extra time of knockout tournaments. Goalkeepers requiring medical attention can be replaced without spending a substitution. They will serve a one match 'health guarantee' suspension following this.

Only captains may approach the ref without being prompted. Players not adhering to this will receive one verbal warning, a yellow card, and finally a straight red card for disruption.

FA review post game, things like Pepe's bullshit rolling around are given a one match suspension and a one week salary fine, which is collected and used to subsidize ticket prices for the following season.

Delete sky and their fuckery with scheduling for TV purposes. Matches can only be moved
>with consent of both clubs and
>if more than 6 weeks away, up to 5 days in either direction
>if more than 1 week away, kickoff time can be changed up to 4 hours each way

I guess my opinion is that the sport is fine and the issues are with league management and lack of post game disciplinary action.
>>
>>68751512

>Only sane post itt.

The tournament has only been shit because there's more incentive to draw than to win as most teams will get through to the knockout stage. This is an issue with the number of teams involved not the rules of the game.
>>
>>68734283

football is good as it is. if you don't like it, deal with it.
>>
- Introduce penal goal rule for cases like Suárez in 2010
- A 4th substitution to be used only in extra times
- A specific substitution for goalkeepers
- Women's football use teams with 12 players instead of 11
>>
terrible ideas
fuck off

its football anyway
>>
File: EffectivePlay_EPL201011[1].png (42 KB, 663x397) Image search: [Google]
EffectivePlay_EPL201011[1].png
42 KB, 663x397
>>68739929
>Also a stop clock rule when action has stopped. Extra time is bullshit.
Games would take almost twice as long to play if you introduced a stop clock. Effective play time in footblal is quite low.. somewhere near 50 minutes per match on average I believe
>>
>>68734283
Jesus Christ, OP.

Go away.
>>
>>68739929
Futsal games go for over 2 hours even tho they are 40min long.

I do agree that the clock should be stoped in a lot of cases tho.
>>
>>68751512
>FA review post game, things like Pepe's bullshit rolling around are given a one match suspension and a one week salary fine, which is collected and used to subsidize ticket prices for the following season.

Neymar alone would drive La Liga ticket prices down by 20%.

>Delete sky and their fuckery with scheduling for TV purposes.

Love this idea. It was bullshit how they made Leicester and Spurs play on different days for the last 10 matches of the season.
>>
>>68742136
Your sports culture is fucking retarded.
>>
>>68734283
Let sawker mongs suffer their banal game to inevitable oblivion.
>>
>>68754641
>smeared up Singapore
>>
Keep the away goals rule when the games end with one win for each team (eg 1-0 and 1-2) but scrap it when both games are draws. In case of a 0-0 and a 2-2 draw, it goes to extra time.
>>
All of these ideas are awful, the literal only thing you should do to make soccer better is police diving far harder at the youth and developmental levels so that over time the game becomes far more physical and interesting to watch
>>
>>68754635
quality input on /sp/ today
>>
>>68734283

>goalies can use arms in both penalty areas
>faking injury is red card
>coaches can challenge refs calls
>>
>>68754935
Fucking this, a one or two challenges for each coach would literally fix football
>>
>>68750569
>Also shitty teams would just park the bus

don't mean to rain on your parade but they already do that m8
>>
>>68754468
reduce regulation time to accommodate for that. problem solved
>>
File: 1348150567767.jpg (8 KB, 109x131) Image search: [Google]
1348150567767.jpg
8 KB, 109x131
>>68734283

have you ever seen pepe/ramos play this game
>>
Video referee:
-Referees should be able to make use of a video referee to help in their decisions.
-A team (captain/trainer) is allowed 1 request for video referee to challenge a referees decision. The video referees decision will be carried out and if the challenge is deemed successful the team retains their 1 challenge, it is lost if the video referee decides to rule against the challenge.

Time penalties:
Keep the current card system but give out time penalties for things like diving, wasting time, discussing with the referee or just being a general prick. Combine this with the video referee to scan for these things (especially diving)

A yellow card means a lot less than having your team play with 1 man down for 5-10 minutes and yellow cards aren't given out enough for these small things especially if the player was previously booked.
>>
>>68754635
american sport culture is factually head and shoulder above european sport culture, not even debatable. and both europe and america are miles ahead of moldavia or wherever the fuck you're from
>>
But seriously, one of the reasons why FIFA was very conservatice with introducing goal technology (either in the ball with a sensor, or a camera in the goal) is that football is supposed to be a 'pure' sport, literally meant to be played without the use of technology.

Which is also one of the reasons why padding is relatively scarce in football.

The game is literally designed so you can go with 5 friends and play it at a park, or some club in africa with no electricity still can play competitively. Unlike american football or other sports were you need a ton of equipment.

At least that's the argument, not sure if it holds up. I do like the idea of keeping a sport simple, and not turn it into a court room.
>>
File: happy face.jpg (49 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
happy face.jpg
49 KB, 700x393
>>68755142
Nice proxy faggot
>>
>>68754935
this is actually the first good idea /sp/ has come up with after all these years
>>
>>68741849
>Everyone would spam 3's
NO
>>
>>68755171
that's just lip service. the real reason they still resist introducing any kind of technology or making any sort of improvement to the game is to keep the game riggable
>>
>>68741849
goal from own half = 4 points plus shemale prostitute
goal from own box = 5 points plus your neighbor's goat
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.