[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>BREAKING: Sky Sources: Tottenham agree fee between £11m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
>BREAKING: Sky Sources: Tottenham agree fee between £11m & £12m for Southampton's Victor Wanyama.

Seems like a solid choice for a squad player.
>>
he won't be able to get away with all his dirty fouls now he's at a big club. they'll get highlighted by the media and he'll have the full attention of the refs
>>
>>68722894
He can't foul players while sitting on the bench though.
>>
why we can't have /trans/ general during euro
>>
>>68722921
there's just not enough things of substance happening since everyone's at tournaments
>>
Victor Wanyama has been Southampton's best kept secret for the past few years.

Every season he's linked with a move to a big club like Spurs or Man United or Liverpool or Arsenal. Every season there's rumours of him getting his big move.

Little do these clubs know he's fucking shite.

Southampton fans despise him, they'll be happy to see the back of him. He's a fucking liability.

How has no one else realised this yet? He's awful. They're laughing their way to the bank as we speak.
>>
>>68722894

>spuds
>big club

pick only one Bruce
>>
>>68722894
he wont be doing that many 90 mins, so it wont seem so bad.
>>
>>68722894
>Spurs
>big club
nobody will give a shit about them unless they challenge for the title again
>>
>>68722935
if he was shite he'd have gone sooner for much more money.
southampton fans should be happy enough as he only had a year left anyways, but selling him for 11m will not have anyone laughing all the way to the bank.
>>
>>68722968
He's absolute wank mate.
>>
>>68722958
>>68722937
>>>/arse/
>>
>>68722979
sure thing pal
>>
Any idea who Southampton are looking at to replace him?
>>
>>68722990

I don't support arsenal m8, explain to me why you think spurs are a big club because I assure you they aren't
>>
>>68722935
>laughing their way to the bank
£11m is standard rate now.
>>
>>68722994
>he actually rates Victor fucking Wanyama
>>
>>68723009
Not saying it's a lot of money, he's just a really bad player.
>>
>>68723029
Worse players than Wanyana have moved for more.
>>
Pretty good signing for Tottenham. A good alternative to Dier and Dembele.
>>
>>68722843
Apparently Celtic get around £1m from this deal, too
>>
>>68723008
because they are the 2nd best team in England
>>
>>68723076
rodgers will be delighted
>>
>>68723085
3rd says table
>>
>>68723101
Arsenal default to 4th
>>
>>68723109
Then Spurs default to 5th
>>
>>68722843
12 million for a player who can't kick a fucking ball. Should've just kept Sandro.
>>
>>68723135
once he can win them
>>
>>68722990
liverpoolfag reporting in. Spurs just aren't that big. Doing well doesn't equal being a big club, look what City struggled with for a while (although it helped that they were so loaded that they essentially made themselves a big club)
>>
>>68723161
>made themselves a big club
they just bought one of the big clubs positions.

but big club changes definition from person to person, and on here from argument to argument.
some will say its history, some say its current league position/CL football, people on /spee/ will say the most retarded shit just to take a swipeor prop their own argument
>>
>>68723100
Wish he'd start buying players thouugh
>>
>>68722979
>t. Rangers fan
>>
>>68723161
What would a Liverpoop fan know about being a big club???
>>
>>68723192
its clearly a combination of history, current level and fanbase(/attention)
>>
>>68723486
>History
Mostly been a top half club and part of one of the biggest rivalries in England

>current level
Fairly consistent top 4 contenders, title contender this season.

>fanbase
What does this even mean? They're moving to a 60k stadium

Reminder that Aussie football fans are usually betas and were bullied/are currently being bullied by their peers in school.
>>
>>68722935
>this damage control

wew.

wanyama is a quality player. much better than dier anwyay.
>>
>>68723537
not me though, my year at school was oddly big on soccer. but only my year which was weird
>>
Why the fuck have they bought Wanyama? What a pointless transfer.

He'll be in a you now remember thread by christmas.
>>
>all this wanyama hate

it's literally because he came from the Scottish Premiership, isn't it?
>>
Speaking of the SP, why isn't Celtic and Rangers playing in the PL? They would make like twice as much Money.
>>
>>68723560
Not a Southampton fan, I just live in Southampton at the moment so I know a lot of supporters.

They've been moaning about Victor all season.

He's shit.
>>
>>68723615
because they're League One level
>>
>>68723606
No it's just because he's insanely overrated for no reason and isn't very good.
>>
>>68723617
they hate him because he's been wanting to leave for about 3 years.

but okay champ, you've said it about 9 times now so he must be shite after all.
>>
How progressive
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 622x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 622x414
never forget
>>
>>68723615
because all the diddy clubs in the premier league like sunderland, west brom etc are all scared of their potential and realize they'll become automatic top half sides in the epl eventually, which reduces their chances of being in the epl.
>>
>>68723631
how is he overrated? the only people in this thread have been constantly posting about how terrible he allegedly is.

which he isn't. he's clearly a very handy player to anyone with eyes.
>>
>>68723615
Because they are Scottish teams. There's very little else to it.

>but there are Welsh teams in the English divisions

Those clubs were founded before there was a welsh league
>>
>>68722935

He's a good player but his passing is a bit shit. I'm a Southampton fan and I don't think >we will miss him as much as people think. Plus last season he spent half his time suspended for his 50 red cards.
>>
>>68722998

I kind of wonder if >we actually will. I'd like to see Romeu or JWP start more regularly and have Harrison Reed as backup
>>
This is kind of /trans/, right?

>Barcelona have agreed a deal in principle with Lyon for Samuel Umtiti, according to Mundo Deportivo.

>Sources close to Lyon that claim an agreement with Barca has been reached, with only personal terms with the defender and a medical left to be fulfilled.

>The relationship between Presidents Josep Maria Bartomeu and Jean-Michel Aulas has helped negotiations, reportedly, with the Barca chief also being a fluent speaker of French.

>Umtiti is expected to sign a five-year deal at Camp Nou after Euro 2016.
>>
>>68723615
We might be soon. Football league is considering creating a fourth division and reducing the teams in each league to twenty. That would leave 6 spaces in the football league they would have to either fill with shitty conference teams, or they could invite Celtic, Rangers and someone else like Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

As far as quality, celtic are currently about mid tier championship, but with a fanbase and international presence that rivals Spurs. With English money we could easily become top 6 contenders at the least.
>>
>>68723938
Screw that, if the Scottish teams want to join the English leagues they should start at the bottom
>>
>>68723971
We'd start in the fourth division obviously
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 784x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 784x600
>>68723793
Err no this is a Victor Wanyama thread
>>
>Ched Evans to chesterfield today

noice
>>
>>68724293
TRIGGERED
>>
>>68723606
partly that he's going to Spurs. Levy could have gotten Messi in and people would be saying how he's shite.
>>
>>68723748
3 red cards, which comes to 3 over 3 yeas I think?
How terrible:/
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.