[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to be frank with you, I don't care about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: 1vcu26zr.vichan[2].jpg (45 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1vcu26zr.vichan[2].jpg
45 KB, 960x720
I'm going to be frank with you, I don't care about basketball and I haven't been following the NBA finals.
But I'm aware that the rules were bent for some reason. Can you explain to me why there was 7 matches? What happened? And could it really be explained within the league regulations?
>>
Me neither. Why 7 games ? Why isn't it played on a neutral field?
>>
>>68722708
wish people would stop posting pics of that dwarf, he makes me really uncomfortable for some reason.
>>
It's always a best of 7 you dumb shit

first one to four wins wins the championship, so there is a minimum of four games and a maximum of seven
>>
teams play 80 games to qualify for the playoffs

better record = better seeding

the playoffs consist of 7 game "series"

you have to win 4 out of 7

Golden state was winning 3 games to 1

Cleveland won the next 3 games

so clevaland won with the final score of
Golden state 3, Cleveland 4

the last game (game 7) was last night
>>
>>68722708
Yes
>>
>>68722708
7 has always been the amount of games played for finals (assuming there wasnt a clean sweep from the start)

its the most fair.
>>
>>68722745
>it's the most fair
That's why everyone is complaining about NBA being rigged

Why isn't it best of 3. The comebacks are just fucking disgusting.
>>
File: 401042_oc623[1].jpg (121 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
401042_oc623[1].jpg
121 KB, 960x720
>>68722724
no

>>68722727
>>68722731
>>68722745
Alright so I think I was retarded here for a moment. So the problem people have is not the number of games, but the unrealistic way Cleveland managed to return after being destroyed in first games?
>>
>>68722765
Everyone is claiming that the NBA is rigged because Ayesha's dumb ass decided to tweet some bullshit after game 6. It's basically a meme which will die out by draft day. Once Golden State "fans" decide to calm down and be rational, you won't hear about this any more.
>>
>>68722833
Why would she declare something like that?
>>
>>68722724
Respect Baba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrsmQpMX5bg
>>
>>68722844
Because she is an attention seeking broad who speaks recklessly and Steph probably never checks her.
>>
>>68722802
Britbong was right, that guy disturbs me somehow.

As for your question, that's about right.

7-game series are meant to provide a better estimate of which team is better by reducing the effects of any hot streak one or both teams might have been on going into that series.

For comparison, look at the NFL playoffs that have 1 game only between teams in each round. A team that happens to be "hot" that day could overcome a supposedly superior opponent and advance instead.

With 7-game series, that should be less of a problem, as we get to see both teams play at least 4 games against each other, which theoretically should provide a better view of which team is truly better.

Naturally, victory decides who advances, in the end.
>>
game 7 should be neutral ground 2bhwyf
>>
>>68722882
This tbqhfam
>>
>>68722833
If the draft lottery is rigged, might as well rig the rest
>>
This is now a sultan of Turkey thread
>>
>>68722882
>>68722898
Gotta disagree here, home-and-home series are where you really get the crowd intensity. Home team fans don't have to travel as much, you don't get as many casual fans like you would at a neutral site, and both teams get some games at home.

What's not to love about that?
>>
File: Drive-2-Baba-boogaloo.png (821 KB, 1251x634) Image search: [Google]
Drive-2-Baba-boogaloo.png
821 KB, 1251x634
>>68722905
>>
>>68722901
I want to respond with "the draft isn't rigged though" but DESU there have been some draft occurrences which struck me as being a little too good to be true (Derrick Rose to Chicago, Lebron to Cleveland, Cleveland getting great picks before Lebrons return etc...)
>>
>>68722802

yes because Clevaland was down 3-1
then somehow won the next 3 games, two of which were in california.
historically speaking no team has ever done that in the entire leagues history
>>
File: mqdefault[1].jpg (7 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault[1].jpg
7 KB, 320x180
Apparently he was hospitalized as a result of the riots after the NBA finals, and passed away this morning.
Goodbye Koksal Baba ;_;
>>
>>68722962
>killed by riots across the world
Damn
F
>>
>>68722962
F
>>
>>68722802
The regular season isn't like a league in football, it isn't everyone v everyone twice, they play certain teams more than others because of travelling times.

So because of that, just doing it by regular season points isn't a surefire way of determining a winner, because some teams may get more games against easier sides and only have to play hard teams a few times. That's why the additional playoffs are needed, to determine the best.

Playoffs in a true league system are retarded however.

The shitposting is just because they're apehoop fans and have the intellect of a peanut.
>>
>>68722833
>the rules were bent for some reason
Just like Sacramento-Lakers series?
>>
File: koksal.jpg (75 KB, 960x932) Image search: [Google]
koksal.jpg
75 KB, 960x932
>>68722724
>>68722874

Koksal is love

Koksal is life
>>
>>68722882
disagree, we were the best team over the season and beat the record so of course we should of gotten home advantage in last match, bunch of bullshit how we didn't win though it's like we stopped trying in the last 5 minutes cause mr silverstein offered us a deal we couldn't of refused
>>
>>68722708
SLEEP TIGHT BABA
>>
>>68725251
>we
>shouldnt of
>couldnt of
>>
>>68725042
Pretty much.

It was less blatant this time because the disparity in the amount of money the league would make if GS won instead of CLE. Cleveland winning would make the NBA far more, but GS winning would have been tolerable.

In 2002 the financial consequences of Sacramento winning instead of LA or NY were simply unacceptable.

Now the NBA has their new Michael Jordan, their Hero, the story of the prodigal son who returned and brought his downtrodden home their first championship in more than half a century.

It's always about the money.
>>
File: 1465739109299.gif (4 MB, 200x360) Image search: [Google]
1465739109299.gif
4 MB, 200x360
Is LeBron still the best player in the league?
>>
>>68726631
at the end of the series Lebron led both teams in all five major statistical categories, no player in NBA history has ever done that in any playoff series, so yes
>>
>>68726631
>>68726713
James probably is the best player in the league, but those Finals stats are also a bit misleading because they're the result of him being far better than the rest of his team. The Cavs run more of their game through James, and that one-dimensionality pads his numbers compared to players who have a more balanced team.
>>
>Warriors fans crying that it's rigged
>B-B-BUT OUR CHAMPIONSHIP LAST YEAR WAS LEGIT
>>
>>68727169
I dunno, last year might have been rigged too, I didn't watch.

It was just obvious this year's outcome was heavily biased.
>>
File: köksal.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
köksal.webm
2 MB, 900x506
i want to adopt this man
>>
>>68727444
Nigga, if it was rigged this year, why WOULDN'T it have been rigged last year?

That's why this argument is so retarded when it comes from Warriors fans. Either the Cavs win was legitimate, or the Warriors' win last year wasn't
>>
>>68727444

It wasn't rigged, but they were INCREDIBLY lucky on the injury sheet. LIke abnormally lucky. This year they actually had some missing players throughout the playoffs and they were a lot more tested this year obviously
>>
File: Screenshot_1_127.png (2 MB, 1365x767) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1_127.png
2 MB, 1365x767
Im glad the sultan of turkey is getting respect on spee
>>
>>68727477

>that guy protecting himself with a chair
>>
>>68722708
The NBA has always had the most subjective refereeing in the major American sports. Superstar calls like Jordan getting a free shot if you even touched his ball and Lebron's crab walk back near his early career.

One of the referees downright admitted and was sent to jail for fixing point spreads on games.

I'm glad Lebron won though, the guy is squeaky clean and seems to be a genuinely good and nice guy.
>>
>>68727486
I wasn't saying it wasn't - in fact I deleted the text that said I wouldn't be surprised if it was - but since I didn't watch it's fallacious for me to say one way or the other.

But while the "it's rigged" argument may sometimes come from disappointed Warriors fans based solely on emotion, that in no way affects the observations and arguments of people like myself who simply want to watch games that are contested fairly - and this year's playoffs clearly weren't.

I kept hoping I'd be wrong, but my pre-playoff prediction of Cleveland over Golden State in 7, based on what would make the most money for the NBA, was disappointingly accurate.
>>
>>68727687
>One of the referees downright admitted and was sent to jail for fixing point spreads on games.
You're thinking of Tim Donaghy.

There's a story with him in the past few days where he was explaining how this year's Finals were still rigged.

"Are the NBA Finals Rigged?"

"Another year, another controversy in professional basketball about just how clean the NBA really is. The last ref caught messing with the game says the fix is still in."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/18/are-the-nba-finals-rigged.html
>>
>>68727032
Draymond had comprable point spreads on a far better team. It will be exciting to watch him surpass brons greatness through out his career, just cuz he plays ball less like bitch lebum and more like d-rod.
>>
File: koksal-baba.jpg (45 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
koksal-baba.jpg
45 KB, 480x720
>>68727477

Never mess with Koksal Baba
>>
>>68728195
Green definitely impressed me, both in ball and in attitude.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.