[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To deny that this series was rigged, is probably the most egregious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
To deny that this series was rigged, is probably the most egregious act of ignorance you could perform. The headlines and ratings were just too juicy for the NBA to pass up on. They did their absolute fucking best to force a Game 7.

Let's look at the facts here.

The defending champions, The Golden State Warriors come off of a historic 73-9 run shattering the Bulls previous record. The championship was all but theirs, but no one likes a post-season without any drama, it's not good for ratings.

So what happens? Warriors ease their way into the semifinals as expected, they are facing a fired up Thunder team and go down 3-1. League refuses to suspend Draymond Green for the nut-kick. Ultimately, that doesn't make a difference as they end up losing that game anyways. Uh-oh, the best team in the league not even making it to the finals? Not on the NBA's watch, but this plays right into the hand of the NBA. Warriors decisively erase the 3-1 deficit, Oklahoma's huge choke. The goal now is to have this series be mirrored in the Finals with a Warrior loss.
>>
>>68721296
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
man shut the fuck up

blane curry for misdimg 70% of his shots
>>
Fast forward now to the Finals, Draymond Green gets suspended over a ticky tacky reason, allowing CLE to get fired up and win another game. More pressure is placed on the starters, which leads to Bogut's injury.

Let's take a look at some events here.

Lebron signs a Billion dollar contract with Nike, the largest ever for an athlete. Now the face of a multinational-multi-billion dollar corporation, as well as the face of the NBA now that Kobe has retired. We need a new champion to market and who better than "King James".

Bad calls all over the place in Game 6, as a red herring fouls will also be called on Kevin Love, who isn't nearly as important to the Cavs as Curry is to the Warriors. (Which is why they didn't call them on Lebron or Kyrie) He eventually fouls out, as expected, over a very ticky tacky reach foul.
>>
The people who can't see the NBA is rigged are the same people who thought Lance Armstrong was clean, the same people who think we start wars in the middle east to bring democracy.

You're all wasting your time trying to convince people who want to believe. They'll either find out on their own or they'll stay like this forever.

Though OP I'll say it again, the only reason the Thunder was up 3-1 is because the refs kept Bogut in foul trouble with bullshit calls and awarded OKC 40FTs a game. The Warriors were a much better team.
>>
File: 1455682243348.png (440 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1455682243348.png
440 KB, 645x1260
>Everyone in the Bay Area right now
>>
>>68721296
>>68721330

Game 7, ratings are through the roof. Cleveland fans desperately watching, hoping to end the drought. Everyone is tuning in, waiting to see what will happen, will the most dominant team ever choke away the series? All the storylines and headlines are just too unbvelievable for the NBA. Cavs finally win the series, the Cleveland curse is lifted, Warriors sulk away, their 73 win season is all for nothing, the Bulls and MJ's legacy still in tact, except now the new face of the league, Lebron James, King James, 73 win usurper James, is now in talks for the greatest of all time, right there with Jordan. This ties in to Space Jam 2, you can't market that with a loser, a choker, a man who's 2-5 in the finals can you? People are already excited for it, and saying they will immediately buy tickets. Nike stands to benefit from the sales, Jerseys, and shoe sales will be through the roof.

This stands to be one the most profitable sporting events of all time. Everyone stands to gain something out of it, and that's why the NBA just had to do it.

The Lakers-Kings 2002 series was rigged as well, albeit more blatantly. That's the precedent set that games do in fact get rigged.
>>
>>68721296
I will be forever bitter about that Kings season, and I think the rest of Sac is that way as well
>>
>OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg2tYK-IupI
>>
>>68721330
>kicks player in the balls
>kicks player in the face
>punches a player in the balls

"Suspended for ticky-tac reason"

Listen to yourself man. You're retarded.
>>
>>68721347
Hell ya bro. I'm a Kings fan first and foremost and it hurts so fucking bad. What I saw this Finals was the exact same thing I saw in the Kings-Lakers finals.

The NBA is WWE tier now. A fucking joke. Blatantly rigged.
>>
>>68721296
This desu. Finals series were rigged in favor of Cleveland. Real finals would have been Oklahoma vs. Cleveland and we will never know what would have happened.
>>
File: 1458923423227.jpg (83 KB, 635x476) Image search: [Google]
1458923423227.jpg
83 KB, 635x476
>>68721296
>>68721330
>>68721332
>>68721345
u mad?
>>
>>68721384
None of us are mad. Just sad that the NBA is a pathetic joke of a league.
>>
How do you rig games when Curry and Klay would brick dozens of threes every game?
>>
>>68721394
yeah they mad.
>>
Game 7 and 5 were literally up for grabs though

better team won
>>
meh, warriors literally did not score in the last 4:30 of the game. at all. just a couple buckets and they would have won or had it tied. for that reason I say it's not rigged.
>>
>>68721377
Shut up faggot

Chris Webber fell off the face of the Earth game 7, and I remember Peja bricking a wide open 3 with like 10 seconds left. Everyone besides Bibby on that team choked
>>
>is the NBA rigged?
Oh probably.

>was game 7 of this series rigged?
Firm nope. It was well officiated and pretty balanced. I was looking for anything to rile me up and there wasn't anything. Why would the NBA rig a game against their MVP whose loud mouth wife just shot off about the league being rigged? I'd anything green not being suspended earlier proves things were rigged before hand, which resulted in a dramatic unrigging.
>>
>>68721418
Just looked up the stats

>16-30 from the line
>2-20 from 3

Kings have nobody to blame besides themselves
>>
File: 1459645496611.jpg (52 KB, 258x246) Image search: [Google]
1459645496611.jpg
52 KB, 258x246
>>68721418
>tfw Bibby's meme magic went to waste
>>
There are actually people in this thread that believe the NBA is rigged.
>>
File: Adam_Silver.jpg (273 KB, 1100x732) Image search: [Google]
Adam_Silver.jpg
273 KB, 1100x732
>>68721418
>>68721436
OI VEY

I AGREE GOY- GUYS
>>
File: curry chimp.webm (1 MB, 828x448) Image search: [Google]
curry chimp.webm
1 MB, 828x448
If this choking faggot hit one shot in the last 5 mins they probably would have won
>>
>>68721457
He learned well from his master
>>
>>68721457
Kings fag detected

Peja shot 42% from 3 that season than shot 27% in the playoffs and went 0-6 in game 7. Everyone on that team was a pussy besides Bibby
>>
>>68721418
Doesn't matter. They would.have won game 6.
>>
File: NBA.jpg (23 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
NBA.jpg
23 KB, 615x410
>>68721332
The NBA is WWE for black people.

What disturbs me even more is that the people who can't see the NBA is scripted also get to vote. Almost makes me relieved that voting is rigged too.
>>
>>68721467
yeah yeah enough shitposting Shaw
>>
>>68721471
They could have won game 7 easily if they weren't such bitches. Again

>16-30 from the line
>2-20 from 3

What a joke
>>
>>68721418
Even the ref said it was rigged against the Kings
>>
>>68721505
Doesn't matter, Gaykers shouldn't have been there in the first place.
>>
>>68721476
Voting is rigged. Do you vote for then party, the candidate or the local representative? What about ideology or track record? Even jurisdictional organization is inherently undemocratic. Enjoy your oligarchy.
>>
>>68721296
so you are saying the league paid off Curry

or Curry was just a shit

i think the latter is more likely.
>>
>>68721505
They were dejected. They knew the rigging was in place. It fucks your mentality and motivation.
>>
>>68721507
Was it rigged for them to shoot 16-30 from the line and 2-20 from 3?

The game went to overtime, if they made one more free throw they would havew on

>>68721514
Seeing that game 7 performance from the Kings neither did they
>>
File: sachiko1.png (13 KB, 266x220) Image search: [Google]
sachiko1.png
13 KB, 266x220
>>68721296
>this delusion
Cowbells are STILL this butthurt over Kobr-Shaw-Big Shot Rob?
>>
>>68721517
Yeah, he said it's rigged. Thanks for contributing nothing
>>
To deny that the NBA wanted more games is absolutely retarded at this point, but anyone who says so is just labeled a "GSW bandwagoner" and dismissed. In the end, the NBA is a business, so you really shouldn't take what happens that seriously (same goes for the NFL). Regardless of the teams in the playoffs/finals the league will always have a hand in the proceedings.
>>
We all know, but why do you care OP? Can't you just leave us alone to watch our show? The season finale was amazing this year and I'm excited as hell for the season premier next year after that cliffhanger of a finish. The NBA has never had this good of episodes and the writers are doing a phenomenal job right now.
>>
>>68721531
They were so dejected that they (Bibby) pushed it to overtime
>>
>>68721560
Bibby is white, he never experience slavery
>>
>>68721414
I much agree the Warriors managed to go stone cold at exactly the wrong time.

I only watched them during the playoffs, so I can't say whether that was just them not being strong enough mentally, or whether there's something about the flow of their game that works during the regular season, but falls apart when the officiating changes in the playoffs.

But that GSW didn't help themselves doesn't change my long-standing opinion the NBA is rigged. One doesn't exclude the other, and both can be true.
>>
>>68721572
Peja choked the hardest out of any of them
>>
>>68721545
Because grown men actually take this shit seriously.

>>68721544
The NFL is one of the better leagues in terms of parity and general corruption. Goodell is a faggot, but he's not a Jew. The "rigging" in the NFL only goes as far as suspending or taking away draft picks for a bullshit reason. Patriots being dominant in the parity era is bad.
>>
>my team lost
>shits rigged!

every time
>>
>>68721296
t. Ayesha Curry
>>
>>68721543
>pointed out that I contributed nothing
>did your post contribute more or less than my post since my post was nothing and your post was acknowledging the nothingness my post contributed?
That's some meta shitposting right there. It's a shame you're too dumb to so it intentionally.
>>
File: 1460941514999.gif (4 MB, 356x200) Image search: [Google]
1460941514999.gif
4 MB, 356x200
Riggedfags can never explain how the san antonio "ratings killer" spurs have 5 titles
>>
>>68721414
There are plenty of ways to decide the outcome of a game.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1536x2048
This is one of those posts you just hope for ops sake he's trolling
>>
>>68721613
Stern has a hard on for the spuds
>>
>>68721613
Spurs = international money

casual detected
>>
>>68721616
Good Goyim, The NBA is not rigged! Neither are elections!
>>
>>68721378
They would bootyblast OKC like they did in the regular season? There's so many matchup mismatches playing into Cavs favor it wouldn't even take 6 games.
>>
>>68721616
thanks for sharing your mum with us m8
>>
As entertaining as they are, that's the reason NFL and NBA will never be my favorite sport. Any single play can literally be called off. A hold or pass interference in NFL. Charge or reach in foul in NBA. This goes further than rigged. Its like there are too many judgement calls like hmm I guess he was holding him but not really kind of stuff. Basedball is where its at.
>>
>>68721630
>>68721613

Precisely. The Spurs have the biggest fanbase outside the US.
>>
File: lebronny.jpg (507 KB, 2280x1711) Image search: [Google]
lebronny.jpg
507 KB, 2280x1711
The team who's dick has been collectively sucked by everyone involved in the NBA throughout the entire season got thrown out the window last minute in favor of the Cavs? Sure I'll believe it
>>
File: 1919_Chicago_White_Sox.jpg (2 MB, 2392x1573) Image search: [Google]
1919_Chicago_White_Sox.jpg
2 MB, 2392x1573
>>68721652
>>
>>68721296
>3-1 up
>Rigged
Top kek, biggest choke in modern sports it's literally impossible to lose and yet GSW still somehow managed to chuck their way to 3 straight fucking losses.
>>
>>68721655

That's a goddamn lie. Houston and LA had massive international fanbases in the mid 2000s, especially in china
>>
>>68721296
>all the games are fucking blowouts except game 7
>Rigged

kek, If it was rigged we wouldn't see so much revenue killing garbage time
>>
>>68721666
All part of the narrative my friend.

Someday you'll wake up and stop being a puppet of the jews
>>
File: Denkinger.jpg (284 KB, 455x576) Image search: [Google]
Denkinger.jpg
284 KB, 455x576
>>68721531
It's a relief to find someone else who understands sports psychology.

Game 6 in 2002 was so heartbreaking it became almost nauseating, as the Kings slowly realized that no matter what they did they weren't going to be allowed to win.

This was much like the 1985 World Series, where Don Denkinger's blown call at first base so fucked with the Cardinals that they lost not only Game 6 but then Game 7 as well. The difference being that in MLB it was just a single blown call and an asshole ump, where in 2002 it was clear the orders had come down from the top.

But 2002 was beyond cruel. Watching the Kings at the hands of the NBA was like watching a pet dog struggle as it's beaten to death by its owner.
>>
>>68721667
The own players tanked in that scenario. I'm talking refs.
>>
>>68721696
>16-30 from the line
>16-30 from the line
>16-30 from the line

How many times do I have to post this? Watch the last two minutes of regulation too. Everyone looked like a deer in headlights except Bibby who hit two shots and two FTs to send it to overtime

You Kings fags should be ashamed of yourselves for choking that badly
>>
>UNDISPUTED MVP OF THE LEAGUE
>73 Wins in a season
>3-1 up 4-3 down
>Rigged

Please stop, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>68721693
You do realize by acting condescending about your "privileged knowledge" you could be furthering their narrative by reinforcing the theme that detractors are bigoted idiots with more ego than common sense? Sounds to me like you're a little racist.
>>
>>68721707
kys Gayker fan.

Hows it feel getting swept by SAC this season?
>>
Thunder Spurs was the only legit rigging this year.
>>
>My team wins
>not rigged lol XD you mad
>My team loses
>rigged, its fucking rigged, as you can see I'm clearly the intellectually superior one as I don't fall for the cons and acting that is sports.
>>
>>68721590
They don't take it any more serious than typical conversations on /tv/ about someone's favorite series.
>>
>>68721719
>implying I give a shit about the Lakers

In the last 4:30 of the game nobody scored besides besides Bibby except Vlade who had 4 points in that span, fucking kek
>>
Surely you lads are up mountains of shekels from betting on these rigged games eh?

If you knew they are rigged and a sure thing you must have put everything you own into the bookies.
>>
>>68721716
My gf is Jewish, huge tits, kinda fucked face though, nothing against the common Jew.

But it's clear that a couple of elite Jews hold a disproportionate amount of power.
>>
>>68721729
I'm pretty sure green texting what everyone already knows is a little redundant. Maybe even pedantic. Definitely redundant and pedantic.
>>
>>68721742
>M. Bibby makes 2-pt shot from 20 ft
>M. Bibby makes 2-pt shot from 20 ft
>M. Bibby makes 2-pt shot from 22 ft (assist by C. Webber)
>M.Bibby makes free throw 1 of 2
>M.Bibby makes free throw 2 of 2

Kek that faggot Webber turned into a ghost, I still feel bad for Bibby
>>
File: Reaction - Paul Bearer.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
Reaction - Paul Bearer.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>68721545
Underrated post. This anon gets it.
>>
>>68721750
You're making things worse anon. By having a Jewish girlfriend and spreading these tinfoil theories, either you're trying to further the Jewish agenda passive aggressively as a result of manipulation from your gf, or are blatantly shilling anti-Jew propaganda for the purposes of making 4chan seem like bigots. I think you have very little credibility.
>>
File: smugs.jpg (63 KB, 621x720) Image search: [Google]
smugs.jpg
63 KB, 621x720
>>68721751
ohh look everyone he's using his big boy words he learned from Family Guy.
>>
>>68721778
lmao she's 15.
>>
>>68721790
What is a "Family Guy" and does he boast a particularly vivacious vernacular? Is this some form of American educational programming?
>>
>>68721815
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>68721722
That shit was fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>68721826
Oh, I see, it the concept seems to have resonated quite profoundly with you. Would you like to explain the socio-cultural significance of this programme and why it causes such a visceral reaction?
>>
>>68721815
Back to your home website
>>
>>68721296
you faggots are as pathetic as you are salty

if this finals was rigged the western conference finals was rigged

if this finals was rigged last years finals was rigged

occasional bad calls both ways (pretty good refereeing overall), resulted in an even playing field, cavs were the better team
>>
File: kekking.png (192 KB, 393x352) Image search: [Google]
kekking.png
192 KB, 393x352
>when gsw comes back from 3-1 its perfectly fine
>when da land comes back from 3-1 the nba is rigged 100% no doubt
>>
>>68721866
>nothing to see here, move along

Yes, the whole league is rigged. Not just these finals.
>>
>>68721848
Strange, I thought this website was primarily north American, this intrinsically my home. I think you're confused with where you are in terms of cultural demographics.
>>
>>68721628
Stern fucking hates the spurs with a burning passion. They are the least marketable championship team by far. Hell no one likes the spurs. Kawhi was alot better then pg13 this year yet who got the 2k cover? Obviously i know its bc PG13 is a much more marketable star the Mr.Wingstop but still doesnt change the fact that NO ONE likes the spurs
>>
>>68721894
I like the spurs because I like fundamentally sound basketball.
>>
File: Nothing But Avarice.jpg (905 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nothing But Avarice.jpg
905 KB, 1920x1080
>>68721345
Yes. Absolutely agree (and had said the same thing before the playoffs began).

The 2002 WCF was so blatant and so bad that I swore off watching basketball. Completely. This year's playoffs were the first time I'd watched basketball since then.

It was discouraging to watch the NBA for the first time in 14 years, get the same sick to my stomach feeling, and realize nothing had changed.
>>
>>68721894
>hates the spurs with a burning passion
>they win 4 titles under his watch
>>
>>68721907
>16-30 from the line
>2-20 from 3

You faggots keep going on about how rigged it was and nobody mentions how game 7 was the biggest choke job in history. And no they didn't "know they had no chance". They were at home and Bibby willed them to overtime. Too bad Chris Webber & the rest of the team were pussies
>>
>>68721866
>if this finals was rigged the western conference finals was rigged

Did you not read my post?
>>
>>68721929
I can understand why he didn't. It wasn't very well constructed, would you like some pointers?
>>
>>68721948
It was structured pretty well actually. But I'd like you to tell me what was wrong with it.
>>
File: 1465524468041.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1465524468041.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>68721948 >>68721890
>>68721840
>>68721815
>>68721778
>>68721751
>>68721716
>>68721517

can you please just ban this dude mook? he's clearly an insufferable faggot

failing that i vote we ignore him from here on out because he's obviously just some 15 year old milkbag fishing for attention
>>
>everything is rigged
>still watch every time

good stories dont exist in sports guys, if the heavily favorite team doesnt win its just a ratings master plan by the juden. im a pats fan and i agree 18-1 was staged for shekels, how could such a strong team lose? im also a fan of brazil soccer nt and 7-1 was rigged. i mean come on who concedes 7 goals?! gosh darn jews
>>
If I were rigging the the NBA I damn sure wouldn't allow Cleveland, Oakland, San Antonio and Oklahoma City to have the four best teams in the NBA. I couldn't pick four shittier markets if I tried.
>>
>>68721894
Stern loves the spurs ya cuck
>>
>>68721982
>18-1 was staged for shekels

18-1 was a fluke but fair, but there were so many missed holding calls, especially on that helmet catch shit.

>7-1

Don't care about soccer, but it wouldn't surprise me if players were paid off to throw games.
>>
>>68721982
I know you're trolling but 7-1 is an example of rigging gone too far. FIFA and the refs carried the home team as much as they could until they faced a much better team and got exposed in the worst way.

Although brazil was so pathetic in this game I sometimes wonder if some of their players were actually trying.
>>
>>68721956
Your text was typographically formatted in a way that both implied your smugness in response, while simultaneously showing your ignorance on the subject. While your posting style isn't awful, stretching a narrative across three non-sequential non-linked posts is inefficient and convoluted. Your frequent use of rhetorical questions shows your unfamiliarity with processing information into a legible format and your vernacular clearly implies a low level of reading comprehension.

In the future I would spend more time constructing simple interconnected points in order to express coherent thought. By essentializing your thought process, it'll be easier for you and others to verify the information you presented, while ensuring that you remain credible to your target audience.

Overall, you get a 1.5/10. You can improve, there is hope, but only 1/20th more relative to where you are now, so don't expect much.
>>
>>68722030
>While your posting style isn't awful, stretching a narrative across three non-sequential non-linked posts is inefficient and convoluted

4chan has a character limit you fucking pretentious newfaggot
>>
>>68722017
france please. why doesn't the nba just increase the series length if they want to rig games? Or increase the overall playoff pool, let 10 teams in instead of 8, or whatever the equivalent of those things would be in kickball?
It makes a lot more fucking sense and they don't have to have motherfucking magnet hoops or try to pay off players and risk the whole thing being uncovered as a big old scam. IF the leagues were really rigging shit, please explain why the fuck they wouldn't just increase the total amount of games to achieve higher ratings instead?
>>
>>68721296
>let's intentionally foul Shaq every time he gets the ball
>he gets the ball every time
>foul out

F-fixed!!!!
>>
>>68721296
Nice try Ayesha
>>
File: Coincidence.jpg (64 KB, 708x364) Image search: [Google]
Coincidence.jpg
64 KB, 708x364
>>68721330
>>
>>68722038
>wouldn't just increase the total amount of games to achieve higher ratings instead

It doesn't work like that. No one is gonna watch 20 finals games
>>
>>68722037
It seems you lack reading comprehension ability. That's okay! Next time link your previous post to your current post in order to ensure things flow in a linear fashion, despite the nonlinear nature of this website. This can be accomplished by clicking the number of your previous post, or by manually typing the number with two closed brackets, similar to the way you green text.
>>
>>68721296
Go to sleep Ayesha Curry
>>
>>68722064
I didn't say 20 and that's not even an odd number ya faggot I said 9. I think if people will sit through 7 games at least a majority of the viewers would also sit through a 9 game series and if that is true then they would get significantly increased ad revenue. ALSO even if you're right and that wouldn't work, why don't they just increase the amount of teams let into the playoffs, make an extra bracket or some kind of wild card system or whatever? There's enough teams in the NBA that it would still leave out the bottom teams and it would increase the importance of positioning for the regular season possibly even increasing the ratings for those games.
>>
>>68721913

only more proof the league isn't rigged. Stern was also quoted on wanting the lakers to make every finals, yet he negated the cp3 deal because it was godawful for NO.
>>
>>68722099
What are you even trying to say?

9 game series is absolutely unwatchable for an entry level fan. 7 is bad enough.
>>
>>68721296
>WAAAAAAAAAHHHH MY TEAM LOST SO IT'S RIGGIDY-RIGGED-IGG-JIGG-MAH-NIG
Cry moar golden state fgt.
>>
Why the hell would they need too rig it? It's not like the sport isn't massively popular
>>
>>68722067
>that posting style
oh I see, you are the little boy that was droning on and on about "Trump is Hitler" in the the other thread while providing no facts to back up such a claim.

So since you see yourself as someone sophisticated and highly intellectual, answer this.... Who are you trying to impress? What is the purpose does it serve trying to sway the opinions of people on a anonymous imageboard? What do you get out of it? Because if "trying" to sound smart and impress people here is what you strive to do... then you must have a sad and pathetic life. Must be really lonely having to spew your psudo-intellectual dribble on a imageboard.
>>
>>68722155
He's obviously trolling you pathetic tripfag
>>
>>68721296
If it's rigged then so was last season and it's only fair that Cavs won this time. Win-win for everyone and you can all relax and have a nice day.
>>
>>68722155
I think it's neat that you learned the word pseudo-intellectual from my shitposting. I also think it's neat that you remember trying to say something, but forgot the part where I cockslapped you with a clear logical argument about the analogous scenarios between post WW1 Germany and America's shift to tertiary skilled manufacturing. You just sort of left, presumably for ointment, then loudly shitposted about how I didn't know what I was talking about to try and get attention.
>>
File: 1459070705702.gif (3 MB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1459070705702.gif
3 MB, 380x380
>>68722207
>>
File: 4chan's upboats.jpg (79 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
4chan's upboats.jpg
79 KB, 500x354
>>68722207
>>
>>68722004
Nah, this was just the worst Brasil NT of all time, they were refballed all the time until the semi
>>
File: HHH learns WWE is scripted.jpg (47 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
HHH learns WWE is scripted.jpg
47 KB, 720x405
>>68722153
There's rigging in the sense of determining the outcome of a particular game for gambling purposes, and there's rigging - perhaps better called scripting - for the purpose of creating and maintaining the very popularity you note.

Episodic television and professional wrestling are both massively popular, but that doesn't mean they aren't scripted.

"News is for people who know wrestling is fake but still think politics is real."
>>
>>68722226
>this unbridled ass devastation
Damn anon, you can't even handle entry level bantz.
>>
File: 1443927114908.jpg (6 KB, 251x246) Image search: [Google]
1443927114908.jpg
6 KB, 251x246
>>68722237
you(you)
>>
File: 1461728328706.gif (1 MB, 294x350) Image search: [Google]
1461728328706.gif
1 MB, 294x350
>>68722237
>>
>>68722246
>>68722252
Notice how the posts are almost exactly a minute apart, twice? Seems like you forgot your trip once or twice.
>>
>>68722233
Ok, what do you think would have happened had the league not "rigged" the outcome of the playoffs? Who do you think was supposed to win?
>>
File: timetogoback.gif (722 KB, 313x321) Image search: [Google]
timetogoback.gif
722 KB, 313x321
>>68722267
he has to go back
>>
File: 1454682283491.png (160 KB, 450x433) Image search: [Google]
1454682283491.png
160 KB, 450x433
>>68722267
nope but keep trying faggot.

(you)you.
>>
File: over9000hours.jpg (116 KB, 1101x711) Image search: [Google]
over9000hours.jpg
116 KB, 1101x711
>>68722277
we are all witnesses to history.he has to go back.
>>
>>68722270
>>68722277
>>68722284
What are you even trying to accomplish? I was here long before you and I'll be here long after you're gone, if you're just trying to save face, maybe develop informed and articulate opinions.
>>
File: buildwall.gif (430 KB, 300x219) Image search: [Google]
buildwall.gif
430 KB, 300x219
>>68722300
he has to go back.
>>
>>68722300
>>68722306
Wow the samefagging is blatant.

Good job on getting a second device though, it's samefagging 101
>>
>>68721296
People who take the NBA seriously after the late 90s needs to grow up

shit turned into WWE and it didn't help when they made a stupid story line about curry and lebron acting like enemies because of a bump of the shoulder

Didn't help when curry was shooting threes all game instead of playing basketball

Didn't help when the cavs were literally playing like golden state against the Pistons , that other team and the raptors

The league is so cheesy I still can't believe I watch even a minute of it from time to time
>inb4 hurr your team sucks
Lakers fan since 86 born in long beach
I could not care less about the NBA and most people here don't neither, we're the Yankees of the NBA(bandwagon city outside the city) the dodgers are and will probably stay for decades to come as our most popular team both locally and financially
>>
>>68722268
Not him but I honestly think it was supposed to be OKC vs DA LAND

Klay literally went god mode for 40 pts
>set NBA record
>ie successful Bibby
OKC failed at their chance to close it out at home...
>>
File: 1462322714376.jpg (50 KB, 499x361) Image search: [Google]
1462322714376.jpg
50 KB, 499x361
>>68722300
>no u

absolutely pathetic desu.

you
>you
>>
File: pablo'sreturn.gif (274 KB, 480x240) Image search: [Google]
pablo'sreturn.gif
274 KB, 480x240
>>68722313
It's time to go back.
>>
>>68722318
>>68722327
This is so fucking pathetic.
>>
>>68721296
The Cali Anal Devastation is OVER 9000
>>
>>68722313
That's what I was wondering. He could at least use a cheap proxy to post from somewhere fun.

>>68722318
Where do you think you are and who do you think you're posting with? I just think its funny how salty you are and how hard you're trying to look cool with your macro images and bland comments.
>>
File: wedontwinanymore.gif (948 KB, 333x251) Image search: [Google]
wedontwinanymore.gif
948 KB, 333x251
>>68722331
You have to go back, Pablo.
>>
File: 11426222195419.png (2 MB, 1440x1063) Image search: [Google]
11426222195419.png
2 MB, 1440x1063
>>68722207
>>
>>68721296
>Essay writing.

Deutsch spy detected.
>>
>>68722327
>>68722343
Where's your trip? How will I know these are your funny posts without some way of identifying you?
>>
File: CHINA-THEY'REBEATINGUS.gif (315 KB, 273x273) Image search: [Google]
CHINA-THEY'REBEATINGUS.gif
315 KB, 273x273
>>68722340
It's his time to go back.
>>
File: smug girl male.png (141 KB, 489x509) Image search: [Google]
smug girl male.png
141 KB, 489x509
>>68722313
no anon pls, I'm way too fucking lazy to do that.

>>68722340
((((((you))))))))))
>>
File: emperortrumpu.gif (3 MB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
emperortrumpu.gif
3 MB, 600x337
>>68722360
He must be returned.
>>
>>68722362
>damage control.jpeg
It's like you want people to remember how awful you are. I'm anon, and there are lots of shirty Canadians. Everyone will remember you as some degenerate trip replying to a Canadian sperg forever.
>>
>>68722399
>>68722362

This desu.

Canada guy is a fucking faggot, but I'm gonna have to take his side here. Tripfaggots are cancer
>>
File: 1449813358380.jpg (208 KB, 871x720) Image search: [Google]
1449813358380.jpg
208 KB, 871x720
>>68722399
>sperg

being self depreciating is bad.
>>
>>68722415
Wow, you're pretty triggered. Are you having problems in your personal life? Its okay, we're all anonymous friends here.
>>
File: makespeegreatagain.gif (2 MB, 480x266) Image search: [Google]
makespeegreatagain.gif
2 MB, 480x266
>>68722399
I almost don't want to spoil the fun but I've become bored of spamming trump gifs and I actually have to look them up now. This has been brought to you by the committee to make spee free from trips. My psy-ops are legend, my trolling honed in the fires of a thousand japanese smelters. Also when you said something about "being here well before me", nuh uh. I've been here since 2006 and I've lived a life of pathetic isolation from then on, subsisting on a diet of schadenfreude and spaghettis. I think I am finally ready.

swag master 2000 is outtie 5000 like my name was rommulox ~~~
>>
File: smugged blonde.png (271 KB, 507x507) Image search: [Google]
smugged blonde.png
271 KB, 507x507
>>68722436
>>
File: Points shaving.jpg (79 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
Points shaving.jpg
79 KB, 598x800
>>68722268
AFAICT, most sporting events (and leagues) are all rigged for the same reason: to make money.

But what constitutes maximizing return is complex, and needs to take into account not just direct short term revenue (e.g., the NBA's extra $50M in ad revenue from a Game 7), but also revenue over a year, revenue from sports marketing (merchandise, tie-ins, games, videos, movies), and those same concerns extended over the course of many years.

Perhaps most necessary of all: protecting the scam, so the marks keep spending money. This may mean taking a short-term loss in order to hide the rigging and thus preserve the long-term profit.

I, just for myself, believe that the rigging this year wasn't entirely as bad as 2002 (for example). In this case it had the appearance that the league was giving James every possible chance to win short of outright requiring that it occur, since there was also economic benefit to the GSW storyline (just significantly less).

But tilting the playing field so one team is given an unfair advantage, large or small, is to me still rigging the outcome of games.

(That small things can have enormous influence is why in basketball point-shaving - "It's only a few points! What's the big deal!" - is just as illegal as other things more egregious.)
>>
>>68722438
>2005
Well, may Raptor Jesus guide you my son. We have more in common than you would think. Have a nice night/morning and hopefully your favorite sports team does well.
>>
>>68721345
yeah the calls in this game were clearly for the Cavs, the amount of bullshit fouls on rebound they gave them without doing the same to the GSW was abhorrent.
Also, isnt it illegal to stop the ball on the backboard? I mean, like James did when they were tied 89
>>
>>68722479
No. It's perfectly legal to pin a ball to the backboard before it hits the backboard. Touching it after it hits the backboard is goaltending, which after review, was pretty clear cut that leGod timed it perfectly.
>>
Just seeing that Lebron dunk replayed 60 times in a row for 5 minutes (or every perfectly normal dunk he makes each game) tells me the NBA is trying hard to push this "king james" thing. especially seeing how Irving is the one that brought this title home, not that flopper wannabe actor
>>
>>68722501
You're kind of dumb. While LeBron wasn't the only player, he was clearly the best player and the most marketable. To say otherwise is disingenuous.
>>
>>68722516
He didnt do that well, Kyrie was the one that carried the team on his shoulders with incredible shots, really, that guy is not human with how he handles his body and ALWAYS manages to find the net.
Lebron just went in to the net and made mostly inconsequential points
>>
File: 1466392434105.png (115 KB, 808x541) Image search: [Google]
1466392434105.png
115 KB, 808x541
>>68722533

>He didnt do that well
>>
>>68722533
As a casual basketball viewer, I can understand why you think that Irving contributed more than LeBron, particularly in the context of the "LeBron is the best" narrative. LeBron's blocks are twice as valuable as Irving's shot in context because it rattled the dubs confidence. While Irving is very good, and without him they don't win the game, without LeBron that team doesn't make the playoffs, let alone get out of the first round. His defense 1-5 is game changing and very underrated.
>>
>>68722579
He didnt do that well in relation of the GODlike player they made him out to be. He's a great player of course but in this game and last he was nowhere near close Irving, except for a couple times Curry forgot he's a child and tried to go to the net, only to get blocked by lebron.
just the fact they have to show his game6 dunk FOR 5 MINUTES STRAIGHT to inflate his worth shows you the nba is pushing this lebron issue hard
>>
File: Westbrook - Durant.jpg (44 KB, 664x373) Image search: [Google]
Westbrook - Durant.jpg
44 KB, 664x373
>>68722317
I'm him and I had wondered whether that same CLE-OKC story line was the one the NBA would have preferred, my reasoning being

1) By far highest NBA priority was ensuring a new marketing face for the league, and Curry wasn't going to cut it. That meant the "Return of the Jedi" third act and the resurrection of James.

2) Giving a title to OKC might keep Durant and Westbrook there. If one or both leave in search of a title then that potentially wrecks an entire market.

3) GSW winning in the playoffs wasn't going to provide a significant increase in sales over what they'd already last year and setting the regular season record this.

So by a huge margin the script that made the most money for the NBA was Cleveland winning.

And just like a casino rigging the odds in all the games so the house eventually wins...that's the outcome the NBA got.
>>
>>68722598
It seems like you're misinformed and a little biased. You don't have to like the guy, but he's awe inspiring. If you get the chance, ignore the days and watch what he does without the ball and on d. That's the difference between curry, the sham MVP, and LeBron, one of the best ever. And I'm saying all things a converted hater. I think he's selfish and has played on stacked teams with minimal to showcase, but beating that warriors team is huge because he almost singlehandedly stopped history.
>>
>>68722630
btw Curry is nowhere near Lebron.
I hate how he plays and mentally he's not worth shit.
You need to understand that not everyone critizicing your precious King is a GSW fanboy
>>
>>68722644
You were triggered by media hype and ignored my point. There is no hope left for you. Watch and play more basketball and you'll appreciate what LeBron provides to a team in an objective way. Until then, stay misinformed and root for those you perceive as less popular but better without really understanding why.
>>
>>68722630
>beating that warriors team is huge because he almost singlehandedly stopped history
With an assist from Kiki Vandeweghe.
>>
>>68722675
>triggered
welp, I guess we could end it there, it's your call

>I say I dont like curry or the warriors
>you're just a GSW fanboy!1!111!!
you just had to throw in the towel didnt ya? oh well enjoy space jam 2
>>
>>68721296
Yes OP the NBA rigged LeBron to win so that they Space Jam 2 will be successful!
>>
>>68721476
This. This. This.
>>
>>68721296
>shots are rigged

kys m8
>>
>>68722716
I never once implied you were a fanboy, curry is a player with poor off ball skills and I compared him to LeBron's off ball skills to show you what he contributes to a team outside of spammed dunks. Unfortunately, as English may be your second language, you lacked the reading comprehension to discern that an informed fan understands that there is a lot more to the game than what mainstream newscasts show as highlights.

But you preferred to shitpost instead of reasonably discuss things because you failed to recognize a learning opportunity. You tried.
>>
>>68721296
>The Golden State Warriors come off of a historic 73-9 run shattering the Bulls previous record.
yea shattered by uh... 1 game
>>
Where is that croatian Anon who placed 3000 $ on Cleveland ???
>>
Redpill me on NBA, was it rigged or not?
>>
>>68722857
gsw fanboys will attempt to convince you that its rigged. it really isnt
>>
File: The Great & Powerful NBA.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Great & Powerful NBA.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1080
>>68722857
>>68722880
Pay no attention to that commissioner behind the curtain.
>>
>>68722857
given all the knowledge we have, it's literally impossible that its rigged
>>
>>68722857
Warrior fans/Ayesha Curry just mad as fuck
>>
>>68722857
No. There is no proof that the NBA rigged. If there was, someone would have posted it already. Warriors fans are just mad as fuck right now. Just wait a couple of days until the draft and people will have forgotten all about this "NBA is rigged" meme
>>
>>68722857

if the warriors hit 1 fucking shot in the last 4 mins they probably win. Those choking bastards can fuck off
>>
File: 1465410167887.webm (1 MB, 960x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465410167887.webm
1 MB, 960x1080
>As long as I'm on the floor, it's going to be alright

-Steph Curry, pre-game 7 interview
>>
>>68722922
>the draft
>the only part of the nba that is almost without question rigged
>this will stop the nba is rigged meme
>>
>>68722922
Meme? Heh. People have been saying the NBA is rigged for decades.

"Are NBA Finals Rigged? Game 7 Means Big Money For ABC, NBA"
http://time.com/money/4373400/nba-finals-rigged-money-abc-ad-revenues/

That it's being talked about enough that a global media company (and thus allied with sports leagues) chooses to write about it seriously means it's a big deal.
>>
>>68722995

With that logic every finals would go to game 7
>>
the rigged meme comes up every season. its the only way for butthurt fans to feel better about getting btfo
>>
>>68721296
>shattering the Bulls previous record

Doing one better isn't shattering the record. Going 80-2 or 82-0 would've been shattering it.
>>
>>68722995

Taken straight from that article
>"There is no proof whatsoever that anyone has rigged anything"

Also the only sources the article mentioned are Tim Donaghy and Ayesha Curry
>>
It's not rigged it's SCRIPTED. Think Harlem Globetrotters.
>>
File: Five aces.jpg (783 KB, 2032x1532) Image search: [Google]
Five aces.jpg
783 KB, 2032x1532
>>68723011
I suspect you also believe the way to cheat at cards is with five aces.
>>
>>68721311
This. If he was gonna waste time writing up that wntire bullshit opening post he could at least entertain us with the pasta about varejao ripping off his memeiors shirt to reveal a cavs logo at the end
>>
THEY DONT NEED TO RIG IT, THEY MAKE BILLIONS EITHER WAY THEY DONT MAKE MONEY PER YEAR THEY SIGN 7 YEAR DEALS WITH NETWORKS.

ITS LIKE A BILLIONAIRE STEALING 20$ ITS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FROM A RISK REWARD STANDPOINT
>>
>>68723059
You think that a one-off sports story in TIME is going to risk exposing Time-Warner to a defamation lawsuit that would cost them billions of dollars? What, are you four?

Since comprehension seems not to be your strong suit, the point of the post to which you replied wasn't to prove the NBA is rigged, it was to dispel the childish notion that the NBA is rigged is a meme.
>>
>>68723112
it's in the networks' interest to make the series last as many games as they can to get more from their investment. They are the ones forcing the rig
>>
KEEP
CRYING
BITCH
ASS
NIGGA
>>
>>68721463

>Adam (((Silver)))
>David (((Stern)))

Just business as usual, silly goyims.
>>
What about the Suns Spurs game 4 back in 2007?
>>
>>68723112
The reason the networks are willing to pay the NBA those kinds of dollars is the NBA ensures its sports entertainment product will be interesting enough to attract viewers to those networks.

That the NBA signs lucrative television contracts is a huge incentive *for* rigging.

(Not that it proves it, your reasoning is simply faulty.)
>>
>tfw your post gets 204 replies

feels good man. I spent like an hour writing that essay too.
>>
Game isn't rigged. Steph Curry just choked on King James massive cock.
>>
>>68723281
And this is the narrative that the Jews are trying to force

>BBC
>Big Black Niqqas chimping their way to the hoop and getting free throws.

>Lightskin bad

>Light=Cuck

How about you stop riding James cock you massive faggot
>>
>>68721332

FUCKING NIGGER NBA WAS RIGGED FOR THE WARRIORS
>>
>>68723291
You need to take a break off the internet
>>
>>68723291

can you go back and read what you just wrote?

>chimping their way to the hoop

does that mean being better at scoring in the paint? maybe picking up a foul or two while being physical and driving at the defense instead of trying to score from outside the perimeter?

i'm just trying to understand what you mean by what you said
>>
>>68722315

YOU MAD JORDAN KOBE STAN
>>
File: Fraud Triangle.png (24 KB, 882x508) Image search: [Google]
Fraud Triangle.png
24 KB, 882x508
>>68723067
Absolutely.

People seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between robbery and long-term fraud & embezzlement.

NBA scripting is like the latter.
>>
>>68721345
Dubs last two season are a fraud. No one gives up fuck about the regular season.

Steph is a choke artist. Easy to rack up 73 wins when you are playing 100% and anyone who is worth a damn is just trying not to get injured.

Oh yea and Lebron putting up 41 in 2 straight games just to top it off when an el Classico triple double, that was all rigged. In one of Stephs bigger games he had 30 points and 1. Count it 1 fucking assist. Klay/Green were doing all the work anyway.

FUCK OFF.

Steph is a great player. LBJ is GOAT status.
>>
>>68723372

i'm sure you're baiting, but how is it that they have thousands of people in on a covert scheme?

doesn't that sound counterintuitive to you?
>>
>>68723291
Stephan Curry went 4 of 14 on 3 pointers. He is touted as the best shooter in the league. Either he intentionally threw the game or he choked hard. As I'm not a conspiracy fag, I'm going with the latter.
>>
>>68723392

I unironically rate Klay higher then Steph. He's more multidimensional on the court.
>>
>>68723398
Do you have any idea how manipulative schemes work?

I'm tempted to ask that angrily, since the "but thousands of people would have to know!" errors get tiresome, but I'll ask in real seriousness.

(Your question is the same error people make with the mistake of "but everyone in the WTC/military/United States government would have to know about 9-11/Pearl Harbor/the Presidential election, hence it must be real." It's just...wildly wrong.)

The way that *any* fraud succeeds is to involve *as few people as possible*.

And the wonderful thing, from the standpoint of the NBA, is not only does it take just a few people to rig a game - since it only takes a few calls made here or not made there to direct the outcome - but cheating can almost never be proven (since the calls are "judgement" calls), and so detection of the fraud is almost impossible.

The rewards for cheating are enormous (billions of dollars), the plan requires less than a handful of people to implement, and the chances for getting caught are almost zero.

It would take an astounding denial of human nature to believe fraud *wasn't* happening.

(Again, that's not proof, but it is the important observation that in most situations where those three factors are found fraud is also often found.)
>>
>>68723525
>I unironically rate Klay higher then Steph
If you're talking about the playoffs, I agree. But in the regular season Curry was a fucking monster. If he had played like he did in the regular season along side Klay and Draymond, they would have repeat championships. I really think Steph is like how LeBron used to be in the sense that it took LeBron a few years to finally stop choking in key games. Last season he wasn't the unanimous mvp or a man who set records in the regular season. The pressure clearly got to him.
>>
>>68721296
You do realize both Lebron and GSW are money making machines for the the NBA right? The outcome of this series would be a win-win either way for the league, so there's no reason for it to be rigged. Was their awful officiating? yes, but Golden State went ice fucking cold in those last couple of minutes when they could have gotten 2 easy buckets in crunch-time.
>>
File: Silver Claus.jpg (777 KB, 1502x1000) Image search: [Google]
Silver Claus.jpg
777 KB, 1502x1000
>>68723026
>rigged meme
>butthurt fans
>>68723162
>KEEP CRYING BITCH ASS NIGGA

Trying to tell people their team didn't win fairly, or that their sport is rigged, is like telling a child Santa isn't real.

A child's first response is crying and denial.
>>
File: Curry injury.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Curry injury.jpg
159 KB, 1920x1080
>>68723604
Curry was never the same after the knee injury.

If shooting threes is anything like other fine motor skills such as pitching, and there's everything to suggest it is (otherwise everyone would be good at it), it takes only the slightest injury to turn a great player into a bum.

But how much of Curry's dropoff was physical and how much was mental there's probably no way to know, even for him.
>>
File: curry elim por.webm (3 MB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
curry elim por.webm
3 MB, 700x394
>>68723753

excuses

no one was screaming "muh knee" when he was shitting on portland. What happened was he finally ran into good teams in the playoffs, got smacked in the mouth and didn't know what to do
>>
>>68723632
>both Lebron and GSW are money making machines
Agree.

>outcome of this series would be a win-win either way
Mostly agree (that's why this year could different than 2002).

>no reason for it to be rigged
Disagree. Even though GSW winning would make buckets of money, LeBron winning would make *wildly more money, and give the NBA a marketing face for years and years*.

How much is a new Jordan worth to the NBA?

>Golden State went ice fucking cold in those last couple of minutes
God yes, excruciating to watch - but part of the argument is GSW never would have had to be in that situation at all without the league interfering earlier in the series.

The league suspended Green for kicking someone in the balls, and yet people don't seem to consider that suspension was effectively the NBA kicking GSW in the balls. Why should the Warriors (or any team) be expected to play well after they've been collectively racked in the nuts?

And how much of that going ice cold was a result of in-game officiating keeping players off balance, or the team itself having to play with crippled, unfamiliar lineups? Not saying I know, I sincerely wonder.

The beauty of the NBA's scam is all the plausible deniability.

But again, even more important to the NBA than creating a new Jordan is making sure the scripting isn't exposed, since it's the scripting that keeps the league itself a marketable property. So the NBA wouldn't risk doing anything flagrant, and had the Warriors managed to win the NBA would have accepted it. But the NBA most certainly *is* willing to foul in ways where they don't get caught, and improve their odds of getting the outcome they want most.
>>
>>68721296
>To deny that this series was rigged
BYE AYESHA
>>
File: Still rigged.jpg (125 KB, 655x680) Image search: [Google]
Still rigged.jpg
125 KB, 655x680
Are the NBA Finals Rigged?

Another year, another controversy in professional basketball about just how clean the NBA really is. The last ref caught messing with the game says the fix is still in.

Donaghy made these predictions to The Daily Beast on Friday afternoon in another attempt to show just how rigged he believes the NBA still is, even years after he was barred from the NBA for betting on and controlling the point spread in games he was officiating. By Sunday morning, those predictions were proven correct.

Donaghy spent 11 months in a Pensacola federal prison for manipulating NBA point spreads, but says the fix is still in—especially during an NBA Finals that have received harsh criticism for series-changing suspensions and suspect foul calls.

Donaghy then outlined how he believes the game could have been rigged.

“This is what happens: They put them in a hotel room. They used to have a VCR set up where they’d go over film for an hour and a half. They’d say, ‘The referees in the last five games missed this. We want this called,’” he said. “They’d show them three or four places of Curry reaching in. So now anytime Curry reaches in or there’s a bump where Curry’s involved, they looking for it.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/18/are-the-nba-finals-rigged.html
>>
>GSW fans are so butthurt that they call everything rigged

Do you also happen to be Bernie Sanders supporters?
>>
>>68725458
>in the joke category
>>
>>68721296
They lost that series because Curry straight up disappeared. Also had a ton of stupid passes when the game was on the line. The Kings did indeed get screwed by the refs against the Lakers. Warriors just choked.
>>
>>68721311

Yeah. Curry didn't have his best performance last night, neither did GS. If they stopped chucking 3s and played Curry longer in the 4th they win.

Whose going to the parade Wednesday? I'll be there with you CLE!
>>
>>68725694
see
>>68723676
>>
I think GS fans should kill themselves right now.

You'd suffer less
>>
>>68725808
4-14
>>
>>68721296
I thought this was a little fishy too.

First, the Warriors didn't deserve to be in the Finals. Game 7 of the WCF was relatively tame, but the other games in that series were atrociously officiated.

Now with this series, again game 7 was fairly officiated, but the rest of the series was bad as well (2 phantom calls on Steph in the 4th quarter before his "ejection", suspending Draymond for the Lebron entanglement etc...).

No doubt the Cavs looked like the better team and deserved the ship last night. But it seems a little too fortunate for the NBA to have: 1) Clevelands first legit shot at a title in 50 years, 2) first 3-1 comeback in history and 3) game 7 on Father's Day.

I honestly believe that the Warriors rise over the past two seasons was just setting them up for Lebron to win and cement his legacy and to create a new rivalry. Like I said, Cavs were the better team last night without a doubt, but this all seems a little too fishy to me
>>
>>68721436
>Kings get absolutely SHAFTED by Refs in Game 6
>Wonder why they were shook as fuck in Game 7

This series ended when Bibby got called for a foul after Kobe gave him a blatant forearm shiver to the nose. The league lost out, because that Kings team was the most fun team to watch since the Showtime Lakers.
>>
>>68721296
>Don't score in the last 6 minutes
>i-i-i-it's rigged guys
If this was rigged you think Draymond's dumbass would keep his mouth shut? please.
>>
>>68721296
warriors choked. you don't blow 3-1 lead anon without goofing up hard.

bron literally outplayed them the last few games. refs didn't do much. by this logic the warriors won last year bc of muh rigged refs.

get a life
>>
>>68726033
The fans lost out.

The league made more money.

We know which one is more important.
>>
File: rodman kek.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rodman kek.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
>>68721296
lol stay booty blasted kid. warriors choked big time. they lost 9 games in the playoffs. as many as they had lost all fucking year.

blame their season and them going for 73. blame their ded legs, thus why they didnt make jumpers like usual

eat shit my man. bron did it for da land
>>
>>68726033
You retard if they made one more free throw they won the game, it went to overtime

Chris Webber took zero (zero) shots in the last 5 minutes of regulation and went 1-5 in overtime. Bibby was the only one who did anything, fuck those chokers
>>
>>68721332
you are dumb. go back and look at the mins for those early games. kerr was barely playing bogart. i remember checking box score of a game where he played 10 or less mins. that wasn't bc of fouls either. dumbass
>>
>>68721398
underrated post desu famalam
>>
>>68721750
>>68721778
jews used to and still do sacrifice young christians for their blood libel bread. fuck jews
>>
>>68726149
>Bibby bear hugs Kobe
>A foul is called
>The NBA is rigged

kek
>>
>>68726164
Go Watch Game 6 & 7 of that series, because you clearly haven't. Keep spouting numbers about Game 7, but you conveniently keep ignoring the bullshit that got it to Game 7 in the first place

>Kobe BREAKS BIBBY'S NOSE
>FOUL CALLED ON BIBBY
>LAKERS SHOT TWENTY-SEVEN(27) FREE THROWS IN THE 4TH QTR OF GAME 6
>EVEN WITH TWENTY-SEVEN(27) FREE THROWS IN THE 4TH QTR, THE LAKERS ONLY WON 106-102.

Tell me that wouldn't affect you mentally.
>>
File: bron out this bitch.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bron out this bitch.jpg
276 KB, 1920x1080
>>68723265
lol. what's funny is you can't rig 2 meme chuckers going scoreless in the last 5 mins.

can't make that shit up.
warriors blew it and cavs won it
>>
>>68726264
see
>>68726261

Kings have nobody to blame themselves for losing. In the last 3 1/2 minutes of regulation, here are your scorers

>Bibby- 8 points including the two FTs to send it to overtime
>Vlade- 4 points with 2 missed FTs

kek
>>
>>68726182
I watched those games. Bogut couldn't stay on the court 30 seconds without picking up a foul, which is why Kerr could barely play him at all in game 3 and 4. After that the refs decided to let him play ( he had only 1 foul, one, in game 7 ) and stop awarding OKC 40FTs a game.
>>
>>68726022
You're thinking a little too clearly for /sp/ - and most of Cleveland, apparently.

What saddens me is the people of Cleveland seem so desperate for a title they're willing to accept cheating when it favors them. Don't they see how the NBA doing that to them - and them happily accepting it without question - demeans and taints not just their trophy but their entire city?

That's not even meant as an insult. It just makes me feel sad for them.
>>
>>68726373
how much were the best shooters on the warriors team paid off to go scoreless in the last 4:30 minutes of the game?
>>
>>68726373

I'm sorry that you can't believe that the meme chuck finally failed when it mattered most. It's not rigged, nigga. Calm yourself.
>>
>>68726306
And absolutely no one who watched that game thinks calling a foul on Bibby was the right call. And why do you keep bringing up Game 7 and ignoring Game 6? The Lakers made five(5) baskets and 21 FTs in the 4th QTR of that game. Vlade and Pollard, the two primary defenders on Shaq "fouled" out in the 4th QTR. Every time the Kings were poised to make a run and put the game out of reach, there was a foul called on them. This isn't debatable.

Were the Kings shook in Game 7 especially in the 4th QTR and OT? Absolutely. Did the hatchet job the Refs did on the Kings in Game 6 affect them in Game 7? Absolutely.
>>
>>68726481
>Opposing player having trouble guarding Shaw and gets into foul trouble
>NBA is rigged
kek

and if the Kings were so scared it was rigged why did Bibby play his heart out and drag them to overtime even after this supposedly bad call in game 6? Webber is a career choker, nobody should have been surprised
>>
>>68726481
In case you still can't tell, you are being trolled.
>>
>>68726525
>trolled
>yfw Chris Webber, a career 65% FT shooter, shot 45% from the line the entire series
>>
>>68721296
you want to check this

>>68726440
>>68726440

if you can do this I will believe.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.